Re: "Jesus Christians," "cult", Dave McKay, the "Truth Believers"
Date: August 15, 2020 12:45AM

David's 'theology' is principally pilfered from other sources of theology.

I have personally remained a little committed to those principles that I think held their own integrity....irrespective of McKay employing them for his own self-promotion...however that means...

..that as down the years...he has simply purloined what he could (without acknowledging his sources)....sometimes I am unsure where my own beliefs are actually drawn from...

The 'eschatology' (end time postulations) of McKay...(I think?) are largely drawn from David Berg...

You may see this in the 'Fall of America' material on their website....I apologize that I do not have a link to any current Children of God/Family of Love sources for your comparison.... I was never a member of the Children of God...however was witness to some of David McKay's material...faithfully stored away for reference while the group was resident in Tallangatta ....(rural Victoria) .... David wanted a cult of his very own and the Children of God were a convenient stepping stone for him.... providing him with the initial conceptual base, operational modus, useful connections and text material!

I am able to describe what they believe quite accurately....because nothing can change in the JesusChristian 'canon' without McKay's approval....hence what I was taught in 1985...will be exactly what is taught now! If you threaten McKay's written work you touch a very sensitive nerve (in the Children of God..he was was advised to 'forsake' his fetish for self absorbed writing...of course McKay never did)....you will very soon face expulsion from the JesusChristians. David is threatened when his 'legitimacy' is questioned....and his written work of course 'proves' why he deserves to be 'leader' (he has previously described himself as an 'apostle')....

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: August 15, 2020 01:09AM

Ummm....You do not need to address me as 'Sir'..yet! ...not until I become an officer in the military....(I will let you know when this happens! Ha Ha Ha!)

The 'future' is unknown quantity....this coming 17th December David turns 75 (..is that right?). His sons (Kevin and Gary) I think are just looking out for 'normality'....if they 'humour' their father enough..he will just forget all this 'nonsense' and 'settle down'....

David now has far more in common with me than them....because although I dispute parts of his theology (and condemn him for a lot of his behaviour)...I still consider the issues he raises as fundamentally important and well worthy of public debate....

His sons (I would suspect with his wife Sherry's connivance) just quietly want to socially 'euthanize' him...let him forget what he thinks he stands for...and become a quietened down father and grand - father figure....

...those currently in his cult ....will only 'parrot' back to him the instructions that he has already fed them with....there will no one for him to communicate with (it IS a lonely business leading your very own cult)..

At his age to what extent is McKay still physically active and mentally alert? I have no information on this....

Posted by: The Whirlwind ()
Date: August 15, 2020 01:15AM

17 December 1944, yes. God willing, he'll be 76 soon. Dave is active and mentally alert enough to keep making videos and preying on young people, that is for sure. And if his sons think he's just going to stop being a psychopath, then they must be as delusional as he is.

“Then the Lord answered Job out of the whirlwind, and said; Who is this that darkeneth counsel by words without knowledge? Gird up now thy loins like a man: for I will demand of thee and answer thou me.”

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/15/2020 01:16AM by The Whirlwind.

Date: August 15, 2020 11:08PM

Oh! Thanks Whirlwind....so 75 NOW then...that's interesting then! So turning 76 in December....

The two son's would have a simply selfish perspective....('they' would consider that have suffered more than anyone else... it really does not matter what ill David McKay has caused anyone else...as long as they can have the 'normal life' back that they and their families deserve but have been denied all these years..)...that's why have not assisted Authorities take action against McKay (Welfare Fraud, Willful gain through Misrepresentation, Blackmail...the list goes on!) ....the two of them are the real victims not the rest of the world.

To what extent is David still able to lie to himself though?

....his cult is not but a 'shadow' of what he had once hoped for it...all down his life...it might stutter on a few years without him....however as soon as he is unable to look after himself...his sons (who care nothing for his message or his life's work) will put him 'out to pasture'.....(a term describing the process whereby an older animal such as a 'horse' or a 'bull' that the farmer doesn't have the heart to kill....but which has served down the years and that the farmer now allows to live out its few remaining years in one corner of an used paddock)....David's future if he fails to act....looking through his treasured newspaper clippings...of all the media attention he has ever drawn to himself...

Is this the future for him?...as you say he is still 'able to turn a trick' or two....he would be painfully aware of just mortal he is now though...

Date: August 15, 2020 11:19PM

Malcolm, I do realize that Kevin was kicked out of the group as part of the 1998 split, and did not leave voluntarily.

Kevin didn't leave the cult because he wanted to, but because he was forced to. In the case of Gary, I understand he left on his own.

Their (the sons') overall agenda is very personal in nature; I think it really comes back to the split. Kevin wants Dave to admit that Dave was wrong to throw him (Kevin) out. It is indeed about reconciliation, but on their own terms.

Let's face it: if it wasn't for the split, Kevin would probably still be a member. That's why Kevin never calls his father's group a "cult" when describing it.

“Then the Lord answered Job out of the whirlwind, and said; Who is this that darkeneth counsel by words without knowledge? Gird up now thy loins like a man: for I will demand of thee and answer thou me.”

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/15/2020 11:20PM by The Whirlwind.

Date: August 15, 2020 11:32PM

I return to my earlier conjecture about the 'end of world'....and of course I could always be wrong...

.....based on a return of Christ in 2033 (as I mentioned the 'new' endtime date that will you sill see start cropping up now....4000 years of history prior to Christ + Christs' life of 33 years + 2000 years of history post Christ then to usher in the last 1000 years of Christ's reign commencing in 2033)...

(Some of the verses relevant to this....history interpreted with reference to it mirroring the creation week...)

2 Peter 3: 8

But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing: that with the Lord one day is as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.

Psalm 90: 4

For a thousand years in Thy sight are but as yesterday when it is past, and as a watch in the night.

Daniel 9: 24 - 7 (STRAIGHT out of McKays'(or Bergs?) teaching on the subject which you may note in the current JesusChristian literature) provides more detail on the timing and nature of the last 'week' (seven years) of world history

...there is about 5 and a half years until then...the last 'seven years' of history following the fall of America (to cite MaKay...but also certainly a perspective I have also retained).... David McKay would be over 81!

I wonder if he sees himself leading the valiant into the fray then???

Date: August 15, 2020 11:37PM

Evidence that Dave sees himself as leading the true believers into the fray, is abundant in his writings (via the Jesus Christians' website). I'll bring this choice quote out again:

As we really do get closer to God, and as that of God begins to shine forth from us, there is going to be a different sort of a light that comes, which may actually be symbolised by those saints who were burned at the stake for their faith in days gone by.

It's coming, Friends, and we need to see it as an inseparable part of our decision to follow Christ. In the end, he said that he would cause divisions between us and everyone else who is in opposition to him. In these dark days, that is going to include almost everyone. But we can rejoice, "for so persecuted the prophets which were before you," and we can rejoice because "great is our reward in heaven." Our rejoicing in itself is going to anger them further, but it will all hasten the day of His returning. Burn, brothers, burn!

[jesuschristians.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/15/2020 11:37PM by The Whirlwind.

Date: August 15, 2020 11:40PM

There once was a 'human' David McKay...will the certain knowledge that he (under his own formula....although I have had the temerity to actually 'date' the matter...) may well be well and truly dead...or at the least incapable of the 'hurly-burly' of the leadership style he championed... lead to any self re-evaluation on his part???

The trouble with having a cult you can call your own...is that it 'blinds' you to your own limitations....(he only has to 'ask' and the current membership of the JesusChristians...will let him know how 'indispensable' he and his wisdom is..(naturally enough...ANY communication from JesusChristian members with him are essentially dishonest....No one wants to risk expulsion from the 'Kingdom of Heaven' after all.....

He would already have his 'puppet leaders' out in the field.... but David will know that they are only'straw men'....

Date: August 15, 2020 11:45PM

Thanks Whirlwind....

...then perhaps he will remain insanely true to the insanity of his fabricated 'persecution complex'....

(..to question McKay at all...only indicates that YOU are not 'submitted' to his bullshit!)

....Hmmm....still so far up his own anus he perceive nothing other than his own shit?

(...the persecution that he makes mention of WILL eventuate..THAT much is scriptural....just that it won't be the result of 'brown-nosing' Mckay...)

Date: August 15, 2020 11:49PM

It seems like more people get kicked out of the group, then leave voluntarily. Dave likes to apply "tough love" and make examples of those who have displeased him. Fear is what keeps members in the group. Fear is the glue that holds Dave's cult together. Dave has a small group of people, he tried to live vicariously through. He is showing no signs of slowing down, much less stopping completely, his predatory behaviour. Yet his sons and other "friends of Dave" go on enabling him. They ought to be ashamed of themselves, lest they have blood on their hands one day. What will they say when people start to die, because of their father's influence?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/15/2020 11:49PM by The Whirlwind.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.