Re: "Jesus Christians," "cult", Dave McKay, the "Truth Believers"
Posted by: The Whirlwind ()
Date: August 10, 2020 12:11AM

This is from last December; I just found this. Last December, Dave was hunger striking in order to bring attention to climate change. Well, he's obviously still alive. Besides, the Bible, as well as the Jesus Christians' own teachings, state that the Earth will be destroyed "by fire" (probably meaning nuclear war, according to Dave), and not by climate change. This world is "passing away", so why is Dave all of a sudden a climate change activist? This is just another example of Dave's jumping on to the bandwagons of the causes of others, in order to bring attention to himself. He did it in Woomera too, for example.

The doctrine of suffering and enduring is central to Christianity. Not only did Jesus provide the ultimate example of dying for love and God, but we are clearly taught to do the same. There is a fire that is coming; for the unbelieving it is a fire of destruction (Matthew 13:49-50, Revelation 16:8); for the obedient it is a fire of purification. (Mark 9:49) To the Christians who endure to the end, in obedience to God, and who "overcome", belong rewards that include eternal life, salvation, sitting on the throne with Jesus, being God's children, and other things that are hard to understand at present, probably because the dimension of heaven is quite different from what we are used to on earth. (Revelation 2:26, Revelation 3:5, 12, 21)

[jesuschristians.com]

[www.youtube.com]

[www.youtube.com]

[m.facebook.com]

Dave is like a bratty little kid who'll hold his breath until he turns blue so that he can scare people and then get his way. But he is much more dangerous than that. It's only a matter of time before people die, because of his publicity stunts.

“Then the Lord answered Job out of the whirlwind, and said; Who is this that darkeneth counsel by words without knowledge? Gird up now thy loins like a man: for I will demand of thee and answer thou me.”

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: August 10, 2020 06:09AM

Well, well, well. Look at what we have here. It's Dave's mum's obituary. She was an officer in the Salvation Army, no less. She was reportedly a rather aweful manipulator herself, and was able to pit one son against the other. We also learnt that she never approved of Dave's life choices and very much did not like the person he'd become, as an adult. One can see in context, why it is that Dave dislikes mothers so much. All the psychological hijacking of kids' minds seems to be explained in terms of his dislike of mothers, particularly (and starting with) his own mother. She lived to a ripe old age; she must have been 94 when she passed away. RIP, ma'am.

[www.newfrontierchronicle.org]

“Then the Lord answered Job out of the whirlwind, and said; Who is this that darkeneth counsel by words without knowledge? Gird up now thy loins like a man: for I will demand of thee and answer thou me.”

Date: August 10, 2020 11:43PM

Yes David's interest in 'climate change' is as deep as his interest in 'refugees'...(aka 'The Refugee Embassy')....or 'Freeganism'...he prostitutes whatever public cause will achieve his ultimate goal of self promotion

However speaking of the 'end times'...

In the 1980's (perhaps 1982), I distributed pamphlets on the streets of Melbourne written by David McKay in which McKay claimed IN THE NEXT FEW YEARS the United States of America would be totally destroyed in a nuclear attack by Russia....

...we are now in the NEXT FEW DECADES from that period....Mackay is thus proven to be absolutely a false prophet in every sense of the word (..for which the penalty in the old testament was being stoned to death...McKay liked to point that text out). However David Mckay of course long ago put to the sword whatever may have once passed for 'conscience'...he will avoid taking any responsibility for his patent failings..by the simple remedy of willfully denying he betrays the Godly principles he consistently whores for personal gain.

'The testimony of Jesus Christ is the spirit of prophecy'...Revelation 19;9 - 10 ....David Mckay lacks both!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/10/2020 11:44PM by Malcolm Wesley WREST.

Date: August 10, 2020 11:48PM

Thank you for this. What about talk of starships to Heaven, the New Jerusalem being in a hidden dimension, science fiction stuff like that? Did you ever hear that kind of talk from Dave, sir?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/10/2020 11:50PM by The Whirlwind.

Date: August 13, 2020 08:27AM

Dave's teachings are thoroughly, thoroughly unoriginal and derivative. I just found this:

Jesuism, also called Jesusism or Jesuanism, is the teachings of Jesus in distinction to the teachings of mainstream Christianity. In particular, the term is often contrasted with Pauline Christianity and mainstream church dogma.

The term Jesuism was coined by the late 1800s. It is derived from Jesus (Jesus of Nazareth) + -ism (English suffix, a characteristic or system of beliefs, from French -isme, Latin -ismus, Greek -ismos).

Beliefs, practices, and adherents

There is no definitive meaning of Jesuism and hence no clear ideology. Various groups use the terms Jesuism, Jesusism and Jesuanism. These include disenchanted Christians who are critical of institutional religion or Pauline Christianity, people who identify themselves as disciples of Jesus rather than Christians, Christian atheists who accept Jesus' teachings but do not believe in God, and atheists who are critical of all religion including Jesuism. Adherents may be termed Jesuists, Jesusists or Jesuans

[en.wikipedia.org]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/13/2020 08:27AM by The Whirlwind.

Date: August 13, 2020 11:21PM

No talk of 'starships' or 'extra-dimensional' celestial activity.....the eschatology McKay promotes I believe to have been principally derived from his 'Children of God' days in Broken Hill...(hence it would be David Bergs material in the main...)...

ANY expectation of any sort of 'after-life' can of course be easily mocked...

However...

The military devastation of the United States (largely Revelation Chapter 18 with some earlier references in Chapter 17) was once fairly 'mainstream' material in the Christian counter culture of the 60's & 70's I believe....

...by quietly appropriating this material, McKay seeks to falsely champion his own 'brilliance' ...although as you have noted EVEN the very name he has hit upon for the purposes of gaining exclusive notoriety for his cult is derived..

(...were you to question the origin of any of the material while in the JesusChristians...you would be subject to 'grievance meeting' procedures...told that you needed to go off alone and 'fast and pray' until you had learned to submit...or be threatened with expulsion from 'God's Kingdom'...essentially practices identical to the 'self-criticism' required in the various work units of the Coummunist Party)...

...David McKay is supremely vain....while not particularly talented...hence the need to emulate the stringent policing of thought seen in communist dictatorships...(ALL for the ultimate good of the 'cause'...is McKay's fabrication to himself).

Perhaps a little comically....only David McKay and I still believe in the fall of America now (I however am dating this event to April 2026 at the latest..perhaps a little earlier...assuming the Murdoch press can either re-elect Trump or somehow de-legitimize a Biden/Harris victory....)...

The majority of those who have left the JesusChristians subsequently reject all association with the 'extreme views' that they once lied they believed in....and those still IN the JesusChristians would simply mouth whatever they thought that they needed to, in order to avoid bringing unwanted attention upon themselves.....they don't actually give regard to what they are told they need to concur to....for most it is just a 'strategy to survive' in the Jesus Christians...

(His daughter Christine...would probably 'drink the Kool-Aid' if David provided a good enough justification to do so....so there is actually little personal satisfaction for David in having what are effectively 'dishonest disciples' in his keeping...he is aware of this too....the dis-satisfaction of it drives his regular purges)...

Only David and I hold to this outcome (catastrophic military intervention in the US) eventuating....You have David's (disproven) estimate of the mid - 80's....You perhaps get to mock me in May 2026...some 30 years later....

Date: August 14, 2020 07:39AM

What do you think is next for Dave, sir? What do you see as being the future of the cult?

Posted by: ImagoDei ()
Date: August 14, 2020 06:15PM

Hello all, I joined this forum specifically to contribute to this thread and learn as much as possible. I am a reformed Christian who was formerly active in the occult and New Age and am passionate about refuting false teachings / teachers.

I had my first encounter with a Jesus Christian on another forum about 3 weeks ago and have been researching David's life and theology since. It truly breaks my heart knowing that there are people who passionately follow his teachings and encourage others to as well.

Thank you all for keeping this thread alive and active over the years, it is truly a wealth of knowledge. I am only on page 30 of the discussion, but plan to read all of it. I look forward to any future discussions I may have with you all.

Date: August 14, 2020 11:26PM

ImagoDei Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hello all, I joined this forum specifically to
> contribute to this thread and learn as much as
> possible. I am a reformed Christian who was
> formerly active in the occult and New Age and am
> passionate about refuting false teachings /
> teachers.
>
> I had my first encounter with a Jesus Christian on
> another forum about 3 weeks ago and have been
> researching David's life and theology since. It
> truly breaks my heart knowing that there are
> people who passionately follow his teachings and
> encourage others to as well.
>
> Thank you all for keeping this thread alive and
> active over the years, it is truly a wealth of
> knowledge. I am only on page 30 of the
> discussion, but plan to read all of it. I look
> forward to any future discussions I may have with
> you all.

Welcome, ImagoDei. I look forward to that also. I've followed Dave's group for many years, and am passionate about making the public aware of them because I think they are going to meet with a tragic end. Thank you for your interest. If there is anything I can do to help you in your research, then please do not hesitate to ask. If I may ask you a question: what forum was it you encountered them through, please?

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 08/14/2020 11:30PM by The Whirlwind.

Date: August 15, 2020 12:23AM

Ouch! That's a lot to read through!!!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.