Re: "Jesus Christians," "Australian cult," Dave McKay
Posted by: zeuszor ()
Date: August 08, 2011 06:29AM

Wow. Thank you. What did I say? ;-)

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Apollo ()
Date: August 08, 2011 06:31AM

Surely the Kenyan JCs could have held the fort? I notice none of them were on the cruise.

Date: August 08, 2011 06:32AM

Who knows?

I just post 'em, I don't necessarily read 'em very carefully. Good attention to detail there with the Kenya hotel bit, Apollo. My compliments.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/08/2011 06:33AM by zeuszor.

Date: August 08, 2011 06:37AM

Your standards are slipping zeuszor. ;-)

Date: August 08, 2011 06:41AM

Apollo
Even Glen had arranged to go before pulling out just one week before the event. It would have been too late for a refund so that may explain why the apostle has had the knives out for Glen lately!

In fact, considering it was the Johnson's money he probably hasn't even given it a second thought.

Did we ever find out if Rheinhart settled his hospital bills?

Posted by: Stoic ()
Date: August 08, 2011 07:00AM

The survival outreaches are practice for the apocalypse, fuelled by the Apostle and his persecution fantasies. Its a paranoia thing, the graduates are scared and are training for whatever horrors might happen. I had apocalyptic fears too for a long time--its not a rational thing, its about nameless dread and an inability to control events, which none of us can ever do anyway.
It serves the Apostle's purpose to keep them scared and busy 'toughening' themselves up.

The passports bother me more. They are going to let them lapse, for fear of the chip, but a passportless person is stranding themselves, particularly in a foreign country. Even in their own country a passport is ultimate ID and without one life is difficult.
I'd lay money on the Apostle keeping his passport up to date, chip or no.

Those novels that he wrote that are now the 'reality' for the members, those rip-offs of someone elses best-sellers, have a lot to answer for.
I think he has shucked them off, probably because he was losing his grip on them. All those members who decided to move into their own little sphere's, Casey and the Kronmillers, the Gianstefanis-- they were starting to go their own way.
Perhaps the cruise was a final throw at wooing them to him and keeping them sweet and onside while he quietly abandons them and looks for a new crew.
He will have to have a crew of some kind or he will not survive himself.

I doubt that any of the graduates will completely sever from him, no matter how much they might see through him. They will keep a loyalty for a long time. Like Ash.

Realistically, they are not going to be found unless they decide to surface of their own accord. Even the Apostle has been keeping his head down lately.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/08/2011 07:03AM by Stoic.

Date: August 08, 2011 07:04AM

Apollo
Apollo
Even Glen had arranged to go before pulling out just one week before the event. It would have been too late for a refund so that may explain why the apostle has had the knives out for Glen lately!

In fact, considering it was the Johnson's money he probably hasn't even given it a second thought.

Did we ever find out if Rheinhart settled his hospital bills?

Of course he did.

[forum.culteducation.com]

Date: August 08, 2011 07:21AM

Sorry, I didn't realise the Johnson's paid directly to the hospital. I thought they may have paid Rheinhart and then it would have been up to him to pay the hospital.

So his hospital bills were $20k in total?

How much money did Rheinhart receive in total from the Johnson's?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/08/2011 07:24AM by Apollo.

Date: August 08, 2011 07:31AM

It's all in the Archive, man.

Date: August 08, 2011 07:55AM

Show me then, please!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.