Re: "Jesus Christians," "Australian cult," Dave McKay
Posted by: Stoic ()
Date: August 06, 2011 10:03PM

I wonder when ''Wanker Extraordinaire Dave McKay'' first realised he had a ''talent'' for teaching young teenagers how to masturbate.

I am going to meditate on that one while I go off and do some much needed work.
However, my first response is:

Who needs to be taught this stuff....????
Don't kids muck around themselves and discover it themselves ?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/06/2011 10:05PM by Stoic.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Apollo ()
Date: August 06, 2011 10:19PM

Don't kids muck around themselves and discover it themselves ?

Yes you would think so however the apostle claims he can take it to a whole new ''spiritual'' level. We're talking about a wanker extraordinaire here remember.

Date: August 06, 2011 11:56PM

The two of you are a RIOT!....it's difficult to stop laughing long enough to type a comment of any nature....

"Wanker Extraordinaire David McKay".....What an utter classic!....

David of course, would see himself as a fundamental guide to the troubled youth he tends, for advice about the "big decisions" in life....

[www.youtube.com]

Date: August 07, 2011 12:26AM

'a fundamental guide to the troubled youth he tends, for advice about the "big decisions" in life....'

Its been done before, and way better:

[en.wikipedia.org]

To wank or not to wank, that is the question
Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer
The slings and arrows of outrageous fortune,
Or to take arms against a sea of troubles,
And by opposing end them? To die: to sleep;
No more; and by a sleep to say we end
The heart-ache and the thousand natural shocks
That flesh is heir to, 'tis a consummation
Devoutly to be wish'd. To die, to sleep;
To sleep: perchance to dream: ay, there's the rub;
For in that sleep of death what dreams may come
When we have shuffled off this mortal coil,
Must give us pause: there's the respect
That makes calamity of so long life;

Date: August 07, 2011 02:05AM

And here's the same thing from The Clash, poor quality, but then they were essentially a live act that didn't translate well to record:

[www.youtube.com]

lyric:

[www.sing365.com]

Date: August 07, 2011 02:25AM

[xjcs.org]

Kevin
Since Dave insists on rehashing his tales against those he expelled, I thought I would take this opportunity to restate the facts.

Dave was the one who said he was leaving to start a new community, that it would be based upon his executive rule, and would not be accountable to the continuing community, whom Dave said would be afforded "sister" status. The entire Australian base (about half the community) accepted these terms, said they would give all the funds accumulated up to that point (over $30,000) to Dave's new community and would continue funding the work in India. (The entire Indian team had decided to join Dave's new community).

Dave returned to Australia with Cherry a few weeks later, and when Rols and Sue arrived held a meeting where he said he'd changed his mind on the "sister" relationship between his new community and the rest of us. He explained that we would be treated as "pigs, wolves, vipers and dogs" unless we united under the leadership of one apostle. There were reservations regarding this top-down attitude, so Dave suggested wiping the slate and returning to the values of consensus and mutual accountability of the old community. We welcomed Dave back, but he immediately made arrangements for Boyd and Sheri to take people on an extended outreach so he could then expel Craig and me, and seized everyone's personal papers.

When the community asked Dave about this skulduggery he said "I will never be accountable to you again. If you don't like it you can leave."

No one "liked it".

Dave said he had possession of our passports and personal papers and how we conducted ourselves would determine whether or not they would be returned after we left. He asked us to submit a list of everything we wanted to take, but was incensed when we did and refused much that had been requested. In the end Dave asked: "What would it take to get rid of you all?" We replied "nothing". He said "In that case... " (pointing to the door ) "Get out!"

I asked to take Liz' personal things as she had been staying as a rent paying lodger, and Dave roared: "Take what you want. Let your greed take full reign!" and stormed out.

Boyd and Sheri had returned with their van and Liz' sister and brother-in-law came to help collect her things, but otherwise we were huddled in the car park as it rained, with the few things we had grabbed as we headed out the door, trying to work out where we would all sleep for the night and what would come next.

We were subsequently given one van (that was registered in my name), but not on the day of our expulsion. And, we bought back some of the personal things that Dave had denied us, which he put in a garage sale a week or so later.

Dave's egocentrism seems apparent in the assumption that everyone just has to wear him calling all the shots and be condemned as "bitter" if they say anything about it. I believe he is proving himself to be the one bitter against people who don't continue to do as he demands.

We were very generous to give so much to Dave when he left the community, and to let him walk in and take everything else as well when he decided he wanted to be nasty. I even signed over the bond as he threatened to call the police to have me evicted from my own house!

It would be nice if Dave could be more respectful of the very small number of people who have committed themselves to work with him, even if for whatever reason that association ends. It serves no purpose to vilify those he discards, and it's time he forsook the rage.

Thrown out onto the streets with nothing but the clothes on their backs.....

Such appalling behaviour from the apostle!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/07/2011 02:25AM by Apollo.

Date: August 07, 2011 02:59AM

I find Kevin's testimony rings true---I recognise it, because I ran from my cult family as soon as I was able, in the clothes I stood up in. I didn't discuss leaving, ask for anything or try to take anything because I had figured out by then, since everything else was designed that way, that it would become both a means of tracking me and of holding me hostage. It wasn't intelligence that made me so astute, it was naked terror.

I had no papers, no home, no experience of the world and no job. It was almost six years of ducking and diving before I could safely apply for a passport myself and begin the process of becoming a legal person.
It was an education, and infinitely better than staying put.
Happy days!

I somehow doubt that Kevin has regrets about leaving either. I hope not, for his own sake.

So how about it, graduates? There's life over that there horizon.
You even get to have a laugh and a good time sometimes.

[www.youtube.com]

There's a Hindu commenter on this who says it even makes him weep.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/07/2011 03:14AM by Stoic.

Date: August 07, 2011 06:05AM

The entire Australian base (about half the community) accepted these terms, said they would give all the funds accumulated up to that point (over $30,000) to Dave's new community and would continue funding the work in India.

I seriously doubt they had much say in the matter. It's an utter disgrace that the escapees did not receive their share of the $30,000. Back in the 90's that would have been worth a helluva lot more than it's worth today. That was a considerable sum of money which the escapees i'm sure had worked very hard to earn. It may not be too late to make some kind of a claim.

This ''work for love not money'' nonsense they spout is clearly hypocritical bollocks. They are OBSESSED with money. It's no coincidence that their poster boy and ''co-leader'' also happens to be the best salesperson in the cult. Good sales figures is what will earn you respect in the JCs. You only need to read the Johnson's thread to see how money orientated their ''co-leader'' is. I felt very uneasy when Joe was constantly badgering his mother over an air fare which he was demanding payment for. He was so desperate for the money that he had lost sight of his supposed ''principles''. Little Joe certainly didn't come out smelling of roses after those exchanges.

And then there was Peter (God bless you Peter!). Once he heard our Peter had a nice $50k stashed away the apostle suddenly let his guard down. The thought of this $50k meant the apostle was even willing to reveal the inner secrets of the cult.....

[jcs.xjcs.org]

Date: August 07, 2011 07:31AM

It wouldn't have been Joe though.
Joe was under pressure to prove himself to the Apostle, it would have been presented, deceptively, as a life/death decision for Joe--his continued life in the group hung on whether or not he could produce what the Apostle demanded--which is always cash.
Joe had severed ties to his family, he had made that 'decision' persuaded by whatever claptrap the Apostle had been feeding him since the first contact.
Joe had nowhere to go back to so, since he had little worldly experience and was by now dependent on the Apostle for 'continued life' (the Apostle had usurped the parental role) he has to strive mightily to keep on the Apostle's 'good side' by doing his bidding--whatever that is.
The Apostle rules and manipulates through fear and young people have natural fears--they know they are not equipped to handle the adult world alone.

Orphan ducks will follow the first moving thing they see--as a parental figure. People in a fear situation do the same--they follow the voice of authority--whatever that voice says-- because it is better than the dreadful paralysis of fear and panic of being alone.

It wasn't Joe. It was the Apostle working Joe the way a puppeteer works a marionette.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/07/2011 07:37AM by Stoic.

Date: August 07, 2011 07:36AM

Wanker Dave McKay is the one obsessed with money. The newsboys, at least the younger one's (and likely still the older one's, though I'm not so sure about them) are obsessed with maintaining a place in the group only. The great fear is expulsion because the group has become their world.

Being cast out is equivalent to death to them--that is where the apocalyptic thinking comes in--its not the end of the normal world--the apocalypse is the loss of Wanker's favour which will mean expulsion.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.