Re: "Jesus Christians," "Australian cult," Dave McKay
Posted by: Apollo ()
Date: June 30, 2011 09:26AM

It's possible that I am overstating (because it's fresh in the memory) but I just don't think anyone has been put through more than the Johnson's. That's not to say other parents haven't been put through similar hell, because they have.

Gaining a new member (who was groomed from the age of 16) wasn't enough for McKay. The family were dragged through the courts in an attempt to bankrupt them.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: zeuszor ()
Date: June 30, 2011 09:31AM

The Johnsons are not alone, that's all I'm saying.

Posted by: Apollo ()
Date: June 30, 2011 09:54AM

And I would never suggest they are. McKay has thousands of victims, some more so than others.

Posted by: Stoic ()
Date: June 30, 2011 03:58PM

Here's a comment worth repeating, from Apostate:

[jcs.xjcs.org]

'I wonder when Casey is going to honour his previous comments about taking down the old website which publicises identifiable medical information about the hospital patients he visits. It is a real shame that he feels a need to "make a point" in this regard. In reality doing so only highlights what little concern he has for the children and vulnerable adults identifed on the "adopt a patient" website. Where is a commitment to a God of love in this?'

All that schmaltz about what good deeds Casey and his volunteers are doing for the vulnerable patients---but when the rubber hits the road and its made clear that naming and making those vulnerable patients easily identifiable, and in their vulnerability even more open to the predation of opportunists, it becomes a matter only of Casey's (backed to the hilt by Dave McKay) puny pride.

How much more obvious does it need to be that there is no, and has never been any, concern for the patients they purport to help?
This was Casey and Dave McKay on an ego trip, fabricating a surface of do-gooding, when all along it is the same old, same old, self-aggrandisement.

Not to mention a good propaganda cover for recruitment, exploitation, aand whatever the protected paedophile gets up to----- when no-one is looking because they are so dazzled by the feel-good, do-gooding smoke and mirrors.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/30/2011 04:01PM by Stoic.

Date: June 30, 2011 06:49PM

"David good, critics bad, David good, critics bad, David good, critics bad, David good, critics bad, David good, criticsl bad, David good, critics bad...lalalalalala"

Date: June 30, 2011 06:54PM

The pride-injured Dave McKay has found yet another scapegoat on which to vent his rage at being so misunderstood and persecuted by the world: the Quakers who repudiated him--- despite also being a new religious movement themselves at one time.

[jesuschristians.com]

Dave McKay, does it not occur to you that every religious movement there has ever been since the dawn of time, and that includes cannibals and pagan sun worshipers, is at one time a new religious movement?

Following on from that, the ones that endure are those that have something of value to offer their adherents, not the obvious family business churches that are built on lies, deception and the greed of the founder. Even those of us who at one time made a religion out of eating the heart and liver of our vanquished opponents have had a rethink and altered our behaviour somewhat.
Those latter, family business churches, inevitably crumble unless they have something of real value to offer to others and are able change the founding ethic of personal aggrandisement and greed to one of true service to others.

Your life's work won't outlast you or your mouthpiece website by a day, old man. And no heirs to carry your torch, whether blazing or sputtering, for you either.

Incidentally, the academic conference that Dave McKay hopes to use to bolster his claims of legitimacy is this one:

[www.cesnur.org]

which was referenced here some time ago by Yasmin, I believe. I see that both the Moonies and the Family International have a presence there, hoping to boost their perceived aura of legitimacy by association with the mover and shakers of the 'great and good'.

The sharing of academic ideas is just that--a free discussion with the hope of increasing the knowledge and understanding and benefitting all participants---something that Dave McKay is not constitutionally able to get his head around--not any proving ground of the legitimacy or not of the participants.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/30/2011 07:01PM by Stoic.

Posted by: yasmin ()
Date: June 30, 2011 10:08PM

When did I reference Censur?????In what context?

Date: June 30, 2011 10:58PM

Sorry, Yasmin, it clearly wasn't you.
It was referenced here early in the year and I thought it was you who did it--my mistake, apologies.

Dang, now I have to trawl through the thread and find the real poster........... who was Matilda:

[forum.culteducation.com]

Date: July 01, 2011 03:38AM

...and the ICSA conference is next week in Barcelona. You can be sure that the JCs will be discussed there, too. ;-)

Posted by: yasmin ()
Date: July 01, 2011 05:24PM

Thanks Stoic.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.