Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
George Anderson
Posted by: Sparks ()
Date: August 06, 2004 04:41AM

I did not know which board to put this under.

He is a Medium, communicates w/ people's dead relatives. He's written a few books. The book "We Don't Die" was written about him. ANyone ever hear of him or have experience with him?

Options: ReplyQuote
George Anderson
Posted by: Cosmophilospher ()
Date: August 06, 2004 06:39AM

Sounds like another "cold-reader" like James Van Praagh & John Edward

[www.randi.org]
[skepdic.com]

George Anderson
Date: August 06, 2004 07:33AM

Well, George Anderson has been doing his thing a long time. The book about him "We don't die" came out in the 80's. Supposedley. he is nothing like those 2 you mentioned. He has a websight and you can book a reading w/ him in person or over the phone. There is a 4-6 month waiting list and the charge for a reading over the phone is $400! ANyway, I wouldnt do it cuz of my beliefs but he has an excellent reputation of being right on target every single time. When I see those other guys on TV, I just laugh! They are soooo phony! Not sure about this guy, George Anderson though. He's very intriguing! :wink:

George Anderson
Posted by: Cosmophilospher ()
Date: August 06, 2004 12:16PM

This link shows one of his errors.
[www.randi.org]

Coz

George Anderson
Date: August 06, 2004 03:40PM

Yes, true! I made my last post before I clicked on the link. lol

When he told Vanna White about her ex-fiance killed in a plane crash, he could have dug that info up before they met. He probably has a whole team of researchers who looks for info about people before George sees them.

I'm wondering if one mistake qualifies as being a phony though. ? :wink:

George Anderson
Posted by: corboy ()
Date: August 06, 2004 09:33PM

raise the index of suspicion.

If I were to pay hundreds of dollars for a psychic reading, I'd want pin point accuracy.

Something many psychics do is a the technique of cold reading.

[skepdic.com]

Lets keep the tone helpful and not take pokes at each other.

Teasing, taking pokes, and 'wink-wink' seems humorous on the surface, but can come across as aggression to many of us.

This is an online community that serves persons whose trust has been betrayed in various groups, so quite a few of us are in pain. For that reason it is important to for us to assist each other by keeping the atmosphere helpful and not engage in teasing.

Teasing is a risky thing to do online because we do not see each other face to face and dont have non verbal cues that enable us to pace social interactions or discern each other's intentoin. Teasing can often be used to mask aggression, which can then be denied when people call you on it and say they find it hurtful or not helpful.

If you want to tease people, best place for that is a hearty atmosphere like your local pub or sports bar.

George Anderson
Date: August 06, 2004 10:57PM

First of all, I do not drink or go to pubs. Secondly, I was trying to be "light" about the whole thing. The wink indicates my humble embarrasment at asking questions that you probably already know the perfect answer for but I do not. So, I was asking an honest question, trying to analyze the situation from every angle. Thats what healthy people do: Ask questions from every angle. I apologize if my non-threatening persona came across as aggressive. Thats a first, I have to admit. I've never been thought of as aggressive. I am a very enthusiastic type person. I like to connect to people. Thats normal and healthy. I've had my fair share of hurts too.

You made a good point about George Anderson.

George Anderson
Date: August 06, 2004 11:24PM

And one more thing about my Emoticons. I ain't gonna be a robot. If you don't want a genuine, enthusiastic happy girl in your group then tell me now and I'll leave. They're plenty of other places that need sunshine.

George Anderson
Posted by: corboy ()
Date: August 07, 2004 03:45AM

'Needling'and sarcasm bring down the tone and create an unhelpful atmosphere.

Posts like that will not be let through.

George Anderson
Date: August 07, 2004 04:23AM

'Needling'and sarcasm bring down the tone and create an unhelpful atmosphere.

In order for me to not make the same mistake again, would you mind being specific or giving me a specific example of where I was "needling and sarcastic"?

Thank you

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.