Dahn Hak
Posted by: seadog ()
Date: April 27, 2004 07:03AM

This is my first post on this forum. I was wondering if anyone has had any previous experience with Dahn Hak. I joined them in Jan and have not been back since March. Have been trying to recoup my investment with them approx. 4000 to no avail. Any advise or information to help me would be appriciated. I feel like such an idiot for falling for their scam.

Options: ReplyQuote
Dahn Hak
Posted by: hossgal ()
Date: May 02, 2004 01:07PM

My only brush with Dahn Hak is through a couple of women here who practice it. Isn't it some sort of Korean martial art or yoga-style meditation? During an exercise class, one of these ladies demonstrated a breathing exercise from Dahn Hak. Seemed innocent enough. Good Grief! Is it another LGAT? These two have already been instrumental in drawing me into the Landmark Forum! (Be afraid, be very afraid!)

Tell me more, and if it isn't as innocent as an alternative form of martial art or yoga, thanks for the heads up! Landmark was enough to get entangled with...

I had no idea they charged so much $. What did they promise to deliver?:confused:

Dahn Hak
Posted by: genkiguy ()
Date: May 02, 2004 03:37PM

Hi,
I met on'line a former Dah Hak member who was being trained to become a leader when she decided to leave the goup, She's now trung to raise some awareness about the dangers of Dahn Hak amogst the foreigners in Korea and Japan.
She posted some info about Dahn Hak on the following message board thread, you can contact her via that site, I can give you her email address if you want, send me an email if you'd like her address, I'm sure she loved to sare her experiences with you,

[www.koreabridge.com]

Her user name is Seaofjapanrocks,

Dahn Hak
Posted by: seadog ()
Date: May 02, 2004 11:55PM

Thank you both for your replys to my post on Dahn Hak. After my posting on this form along with Rick Ross giving me some advise in notifying the States Attorney Generals Office, and Consumer Affairs division in my state, I called the Dahn Hak Center that I had been attending here, and informed them of the same. I asked if I could personally come into the center and discuss my issues on the reimbursment of the charges to my credit card. The Head Master agreed and I went to the center this past Thursday.

Now my reason for choosing my handel on this form as Seadog is that I was a marine engineer for 20yrs on merchant ships, and I considered myself pretty street smart. With going to sea one has to be to survive, as it's a life in the fast lane of sex, drugs, and rock and roll. No stone had been unturned with my experimintation with drugs and alcohol. This lifestyle resulted in me being diagnosed with Hep C last Dec. I went through the treatment for it for 6months and am now totally clear of the virus.

After going through the treatment for 6months I wanted to get into something that would enable me to deal with life in mind body and spirit. So this is what drew me into Dahn Hak. I was very impressed with their workouts in yoga, and tai chi and felt great after each session I had attended. I signed up for private sessions for 3000 and each Sunday would come in to the center for them. The pressure for me to go to the healers school in Sedona Az started and this is where I became really sceptical.

I started to really look around at what was going on and came to the conclusion that you cannot sell spirituality, and informed them of the same. It was like talking to a brick wall and I discontinued going.

Which brings me back to last Thur. with the head master. I informed her that Dahn Hak is now on the top of the list of cults, and that she should read at what is being written by others. She said that their mission is to devlop healers to the world, and that there have been good things written about Dahn. I didn't want to get into a dialog with her just wanted to recoup my losses to my credit card. She agreed to the reimbursment of 1200 which I'm waiting to see now.

Like I said in my inital post that I was only in Dahn from Jan21 to March25 so it didn't take me long to see the hustle. I'm still out 945 dollars for the years membership, which she informed me she could not reinstate due to the contract. I informed her that I would be seeking legal advise pertaining to this, and left, as other members were arriving for their class, and did not want to cause a scene.

I hope I've contributed a little insight into this group as I get really mad as I write this. All I can say is stay away from Dahn Hak.

Dahn Hak
Posted by: Hope ()
Date: May 02, 2004 11:59PM

controversial group. A quick Google search turned up a few stories, most of which can be found by doing a search on Dahn Hak on [www.RickRoss.com] and on [www.cultnews.com]

Dahn Hak
Posted by: msj5555 ()
Date: August 01, 2004 12:01PM

The exercise/yoga is great! But when the people at the center pressure members into signing up for private training, Healer's School, Initial Awakening, Healing Chakra, or Self-Discovery--IT IS A SHAM! They charge large amoutnts of money for these. Also, by the way--different amounts are charged for different individuals on these.

Three months and $10,000 later, I have decided to leave THIS WEEK. It began TO TAKE OVER MY LIFE! They wanted to know where I was, what I was doing when not there, said they know what I need, pushy, pushy to the point of pushing me RIGHT OUT OF THERE!

Good for you to get some money back!

Dahn Hak
Posted by: Cosmophilospher ()
Date: August 01, 2004 01:52PM

Hopefully you'll have a chance to read this.
[www.culteducation.com]

Coz

Dahn Hak
Date: August 09, 2004 10:08AM

Dahn claims to be an ethical organization, but is that true? If it is true, doesn't that mean the company has nothing to hide? Carrying on with that thought shouldn't the philosophy make all there actions transparent, timely and honest?
Were that true, dahnworld would not be deliquent this year in its U.S corporate filings. The official american address for dahnworld, undeliverable, so correspondence with the listed agent Quan Tae Kim is impossible. How is it possible that this organization that touts better brains could use a faulty address for its organization?
Does dahnworld act more responsibly in other aspects of business life? No, the ninety so far found branches ranging from dahn yoga to the STI Network, do have complaints. These have been registered on state and federal levels concerning membership/class refunds and potential tax evasion.
What is dahnworld's response? Nothing, they have stated they are an ethical enlightened business that sells a form of consciousness that others give away for free. These other philosophy's invite questions/debate, dahn demands silence and obediance. Is this an ethical open way of raising consciousness?

Dahn Hak
Date: August 09, 2004 10:28AM

A bit about Korea that seldom makes the press is its pollution. You won't find it in travel guides, but Korea is a country that sacrified its environment to industrialize. It is only now that Korea has put in place a plan, `Clear Skies' to clean up the environment by 2012.
How bad is it right now in the major cities of Korea? Imagine putting your mouth around an exhaust pipe this is how bad the air is in Korea. The effects are felt everywhere skin problems, nose, ear and throat infections. Yet the Korean government is easing in new laws to improve the environment, business in Korea has more power than a philosophy that claims to heal the planet.
What does this mean for dahn members who are told to breath deeply in Korea? According to a Canadian university study, those who breath bad air have an increased risk of mutations, this usually means cancers. So breathing deeply for Korean members is not a wise move.
Has this damage to Korea's environment moved dahn to protest the destruction of Seoul's green belt? No, dahn has remained silent, no protests, no pickets, no action, this is very common of this organization.
Does this company have any affiliations with save the earth organizations? Maybe, but they are not the major groups who have been fighting to save our air, water and earth for years. In short, dahn talks a lot, but doesn't do anything past superficial. Korea, the founding home of the group more than atests to that fact.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.