The Cult of Yoga?
Posted by: BuekerC1 ()
Date: March 18, 2012 12:27PM

There are various kinds of cults: religious, meditation, political, business, etc. Are there any forms of yoga that are branded and sold, which attract cultish like devotion? Like Dahn Yoga, Sahaja Yoga. Are there other brands of yoga that are similar? If so, how?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Cult of Yoga?
Date: May 19, 2012 01:24PM

Siddha Yoga seems odd.

Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: May 19, 2012 11:45PM

Date: May 25, 2012 04:31AM

Thank you.

Posted by: krysty ()
Date: May 25, 2012 05:20PM

No idea about it but I have the same question.

Posted by: elisabeth111 ()
Date: May 31, 2012 03:49PM

Yoga in Daily Life. The founder, and Guru is in the USA right now. My site about him: [sites.google.com]
Somebody else's site about him, in relation to Sexual Abuse: [sites.google.com]
The forum, which is kind of dying right now, because people are just too paranoid and secretive, can't be bothered or are too scared is here: [www.beyondorange.org]

I personally find it very frustrating that people who know about the abuse for so many years, never said a word. And now they still don't want to make a stand and expose the wrong-doing by the Guru Maheshwarananda. For one year he kept a low profile, and now he is globe trotting again, like nothing has changed. How people can live with themselves and sleep at night I really don't know. I hope there is karma, and the people not speaking up will have to face the consequences one day.

Posted by: Claris ()
Date: May 31, 2012 10:23PM

I wrote an article last year that was published by the Illinois Family Institute (6/30/11) on Kundalini Yoga and one of its proponents, Yogi Bhajan- a guru from India who founded the 3HO (the Healthy, Happy, Holy Organization) in 1969. You can find it here:
[illinoisfamily.org]

He called himself the "Lord of the Heavens" and demanded his followers to meditate on his picture from 15 minutes to 4 hours a day. He was accused by former members of his inner circle, including his top secretary, of being a cult leader who had dictator-like control over his followers using psychological techniques, manipulation, fraud and deceit, for money, power, and sexual favors. For more info on Bhajan, Kundalini Yoga, and the possible extreme dangerous affects of this practice, please refer to the article.

Claris Van Kuiken

Posted by: corboy ()
Date: May 31, 2012 10:38PM

There is an archive of info on Yogi Bhajan here, too:

[www.culteducation.com]

And a blog for people who as children were sent to the 3ho camps

[www.indiakids.blogspot.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.