SATA - A cult?
Posted by: Capeche ()
Date: June 30, 2005 08:57PM

I was researching this particular organization called The Society for the Attainment of Total Abstinence for some time.

I don't know if it counts as a cult or not. It claims here that it is not a cult, but I have my doubts. It seems to me like a joke but then so do most cults when looked at from the outside.

Does anyone know anything about this group? I see they are not listed under rickross.

SATA - A cult?
Posted by: Sylvan ()
Date: June 30, 2005 09:57PM

I took a peek, and what I saw reminded me strongly of Landover Baptist.
[www.landoverbaptist.org]

Which is a joke site.... And judging from the "cursed" state quarters page... Yeah.

SATA - A cult?
Posted by: Capeche ()
Date: July 01, 2005 12:30AM

You're probably right. But I did read somewhere on CNN Financial that some people did believe those state quarters were cursed.

BTW I tried to join SATA in order to see what they sent to people but never heard back from them.

SATA - A cult?
Posted by: Keir ()
Date: July 17, 2005 11:15AM

It sounds pretty distructive thgough. I know someone who wsa in a similar group that advocated total abstinence and would severely punish members who for the most minute infractions. The person I know is now mentally unstable and has random mood and personality swings. He is slowly getting better though.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.