how many are there?
Posted by: Research777 ()
Date: March 12, 2004 05:58AM

My last question may have been a bit foolish, being on the message board of a cult information website, but this time the question may be relevent...

Does anyone know, or have access to someones estimate of, just how many cults/hate groups/militias/MLM's that there are in say, America alone?

Options: ReplyQuote
how many are there?
Posted by: ginger38 ()
Date: April 01, 2004 12:32PM

According to statistics, there are far a lot more NOW than 10 years ago.

how many are there?
Posted by: Hope ()
Date: April 01, 2004 10:06PM

I doubt there can be any reliable statistics since most operate in the open and people don't believe they are cults, and some work more covertly and are only exposed when something happens to bring attention to them.

how many are there?
Date: April 01, 2004 11:22PM

the statistic that was showed on TV was these people got caught. And the number of complaints are growing, Some are being investigated by the goverment. Some of them are interviewed by the press as to why people left their churches.

Some left their churches because of abuse, so they start their own cell group, home churches. Form there some of the abuse arise too. Some turn out good.

I forgot the name of the woman who is an expert in cult watchers. The goverment consult her time and to time.

She talks about the symptoms of a cult. Which is pretty accurate. Mind control, giving up decision making slowly and giving it to the leaders etc. She is around 65 years old I think and has been around for a while watching it grow. I saw the show a few months ago.

how many are there?
Posted by: Hope ()
Date: April 02, 2004 08:42AM

Is it Margaret Singer? She died recently, unfortunately.

how many are there?
Date: April 02, 2004 11:03AM

yeah, thats the one !

I have seen her only once on TV.

how many are there?
Posted by: Raina ()
Date: May 29, 2004 07:51AM

You might want to check out this site:
[www.tolerance.org]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.