survivor of clairvision
Posted by: jowhite ()
Date: February 12, 2012 02:42PM

I spent many months helping to build an underground community in white cliffs far west new south wales australia with Samuel Sagan,
If anyone is interested to know more about this "organisation" i will be happy to inform from my first hand experience. In short I only just survived the experience.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: survivor of clairvision
Posted by: Sparky ()
Date: February 18, 2012 02:19AM

jowhite, there is another thread on this under "Clergy Abuse".

You mention that you spent time building "an underground community" with Sagan. Do you mean "hidden" or actually underground?

Posted by: geoffo ()
Date: March 12, 2012 01:13PM

Just for clarification.
This was an established underground motel in a township in the far nw corner of NSW. It is so hot in this area of semi-desert that homes and other centres are built underground and often incorporate opal mining digs.
Temperature remains cool at around 21 c. underground. The School purchased the motel, conducted meditating workshops, astrology classes and heaven forbid people who actually wanted to work on themselves actually had an environment in which they could do this with people of like mind.

Meditating in deserts is part of a long established spiritual practise. ie readings on the first christian communities in the middle east and the later Desert Father movement might give a few clues as to why a serious spiritual school might want to have a retreat underground.
I too helped with the work there and I left when I wanted to leave. Bloody hard work at times but good fellowship and a wonderful learning experience.
Did anyone at the School expect any of it to be easy..well maybe a few!

Posted by: corboy ()
Date: March 13, 2012 03:45AM

If one is being asked to do heavy labor in the desert, whoever is requesting such work, had better be telling the laborers how to protect themselves from heat related illnesses.

This is standard practice for sports teams in practice, and also for persons in military training.

And if this labor is donated labor, all the more reason for the Clairvision group to respect the gift they are being given by looking after people's well being - proper food, water, electrolyte drinks, breaks when needed, and information about safe behavior on the worksite.

Posted by: mesche ()
Date: November 11, 2021 04:51PM

The motel was only partially built when purchased by the school and yes labor on new motel rooms was free and done by the students. The pay was some form of teaching. There was a lot of stories about bullying, stalking, sexual predators, hard physical labor, damages. And a lot of covering it up.

Posted by: mesche ()
Date: November 11, 2021 05:10PM

Stupid petty revenge is part of some peoples way of dealing with criticism. I get why not all members posting about the school responds to questions about what they write here.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.