EMC2 The AIM Program by Stephen Lewis, co-author of the book Sanctuary
Posted by: Awaken7 ()
Date: February 10, 2012 03:28PM

This guy I know was pushing this program on us, because he is a facilitator, so he will have financial gain if we subscribe to the program! It is called EMC2, The AIM Program by Stephen Lewis, who co-wrote a book called Sanctuary: The Path to Consciousness.
The only reviews I found were about his book "Sanctuary: The Path to Consciousness" on Amazon where some people talk about his AIM Program! And I certainly find it hilarious that by only sending my photograph, this special Energetic Balancing equipment, is going to send me these balancing frequencies and everything in my life is going to work perfectly!! They claim that it will actually send me the same "Life Force" from my "Higher Power!" or God!!
I also find it interesting that this special equipment QED and QID located on Las Vegas, NV is not a proven or scientific method, and they don't sell it or train any other people to use the equipment; so who knows if is even true that they even have this sophisticated machine??? And for a cost of $2000 dollars a year they will put your picture in this special tray that receives all the frequencies the machine is sending it, and then sends them to you. And by the way they have the capacity to accommodate all the people on the world (on photographs) in these trays and the results will still be just as effective. Why don’t they do it for a very low fee and heal as many people as they can in the world? If their machine is so wonderful, why is not making news worldwide? Or why in the world are they charging $2000 just for putting your picture on a tray that doesn't even require any more maintenance?
The warning they make is that since we are always exposed to lots of bad energy in the world, is imperative that we continue with this program for life, which will obviously mean $2000 every year.
To me it sounds like a very good way to make lots of money with a program that sounds totally suspicious and unreal.
And I imagine if you pay the $2000 for that year and you quit the program after that year, they might even put your photograph in a 'bad spell tray' so that bad things can start happening to you and you have to return to the program and pay again.
Personally, I don't buy it at all. And I just wanted to find out about it because this guy I know was pushing it so much. Thankfully (thank you God, thank you Jesus) I’m healthy and my life is working out (meditation has helped me a lot!!). But I had to write about it because I really find it totally ridiculous and absurd that they can con people like that!!!
I don’t think putting your picture on a tray is worth $2000!
Is this just another scheme??
My advice to everybody is exercise, eat healthy, have good thoughts, get rid of bad thoughts, pray, meditate, love, and try to live the best you can, so you don’t have to be a victim from this kind of con artists!!!
Love and Peace to all!!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: EMC2 The AIM Program by Stephen Lewis, co-author of the book Sanctuary
Posted by: corboy ()
Date: February 11, 2012 12:26AM

Thank you for describing this.

Ive seen adverts for this stuff in the margins of various New Age magazines. Its informative to learn what is behind some of these ventures.

Posted by: Sparky ()
Date: February 11, 2012 02:32AM

I'll keep my eyes peeled for this new con. Sadly, I know a lot of people in the new age movement who would fork over the money (if they had 2 grand laying around that other new age schemers hadn't already stolen from them).

These people boast of having open minds...sadly their minds are so open their brains have fallen out.

Date: February 12, 2012 12:00AM

It may not be a matter of mere open mindedness.

And it might not be a matter of failure to use one's intelligence, either.

My hunch, after doing some reading about social movements is this:

People who go for this kind of New Age cure are using their intelligence, but using it differently.

They are part of a subculture, one sociologists term 'cultic milieu'.

Because our mainstream culture is supposed to be evidence based, persons in the cultic milieu prefer experience rather than evidence.

This makes them vulnerable to exploitation by opportunistic types.

This is a subculture that has been described not only as outside of mainstream culture, but in many ways oppositional to the mainstream.

It may mean that there is a subgroup and a very important one in society where persons will go for precisely those advisors who ARE unlicensed, and because such persons present themselves as offering emancipatory alternatives to a mainstream culture whose healing resources and personnel are deemed inadequate, or as agents of oppression.

Critical thinking and fact checking are deemed part of the oppressive, unloving mainstream culture. Colin Campbell, the sociologist who originated the concept of cultic milieu noted that within this subculture, ideas that are logically and or ideologically incompatible are treated as fungible -- that is, interchangeable. This tolerance for logical inconsistency can make people vulnerable to exploitation and unable to fact check.

This tendency to exalt experience over evidence and logic might suggest that many in this subculture may use modes of thought that are pre-logical, or pre-operational, thinking in terms of symbol and analogy rather than logically and causally. Because ideas cannot be disproved in this kind of environment, they cannot be challenged - the thought process needed to challenge any assertion is rejected as 'being judgemental'.

Thus this cultic milieu cannot correct itself or protect itself from those who exploit it.

Sadly the entrepreneurs of cultic milieu dont respect the rules of science, but want the prestige conferred by science. So they will appropriate images and terminology from science but use that material illogically in a manner that no scientist would tolerate.

Cultic Milieu: Oppositional Subcultures in an Age of Globalization (Paperback)
by Jeffrey Kaplan (Author

[www.amazon.com]

In 1972--a period of social upheaval much like today--sociologist Colin Campbell posited a cultic milieu: An underground region where true seekers test hidden, forgotten, and forbidden knowledge. Ideas and allegiances within the milieu change as individuals move between loosely organized groups, but the larger milieu persists in opposition to the dominant culture. Jeffrey Kaplan and Helene Loow find Campbell's theory especially useful in coming to grips with the varied oppositional groups of today"

[forum.culteducation.com]

and

'The concept of 'cultural milieu', as developed by sociologist Bryan Wilson,is very helpful in understanding this conglomeration of alternatives. According to Wilson, there is exists in Western societies, a milieu, which he terms 'cultic' where much that is rejected by the dominent cultureaccumulates.(Corboy's italics) -- alternative therapies, alternative beliefs, and to some extent, alternative lifestyles.

'Both ideas and persons usually belong more to the milieu than to any specific group within it. Individuals easily shift their allegiences from group to group and idea to idea, and ideas and groups are themselves linked to each other by a shared network of publications and venues.
('Venues' meaning places where people socialize and meet face to face C)

From Bryan R. Wilson, The Social Dimensions of Sectarianism: Sects and New Religious Movements in Contemporary Society, (Oxford, Clarendon Press, 1990)

Quoted in a book by Mark Sedgwick, page 48-49 'Against the Modern World: Traditionislm and the Secret Intellectual History of the Twentieth Century: Oxford University Press, 2004

[webcache.googleusercontent.com]

Date: February 12, 2012 12:04AM

Experience based thought, especially when it uses symbol and metaphor, is valuable in the aesthetic artistic realm.

But in the area of medicine, it will expose us to terrible risks.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.