How to get a cult, sects, or religious movement on the list
Posted by: Jaded ()
Date: June 25, 2005 02:16AM

The group I came from is very small, less than a dozen adult members. They have a prophet. He passed away two years ago. They still worship him and wait for further light and knowledge. They wait for him to be resurrected.

They have an Internet web site and they still try to recruit. (They aren't very successful)

They are isolated and not allowed to talk to family members. Any discussion about religious beliefs to those that don't follow their practice are quickly hushed. They live off welfare and donations from family.

They hold secret rituals in their homes. The children are taught at a young age of the secrets. The children, and everyone else, were told that the prophet is the father of the widow's newest baby (born almost two years after he died)

My concern is the children and that the prophet's widow, who is being asked to write home schooling education for the state.

[www.thechurchofelias.com]

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Mena ()
Date: July 02, 2005 01:41AM

Go to Police! If children are involved they might take this seriously.

Posted by: Jaded ()
Date: July 02, 2005 05:40AM

Do you think they would do anything? I honestly don't know...

If I call and tell them that I have been told they have a temple in her basement and that the children are taught things, but I don't know exactly what they are taught and only suspect... will they listen?

What has been done in other cities, or states?

Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: July 02, 2005 08:06PM

Jaded:

They have a right to believe whatever they wish, but may not do anything they want in the name of those beliefs.

If the children are being physically abused, sexually abused and/or suffering through medical neglect or poor living conditions you should discuss this with Children's Services and/or the police in your area.

But parents teaching their children strange beliefs that you don't like is not a criminal offense.

Posted by: Toni ()
Date: July 03, 2005 12:08AM

Jaded :

Good job posting the info.

FYI, I've had mixed responses to a couple of police reports that I filed. Still, at least it's on record. As more information comes forth, there will be a history of suspicion (and harrassment, in my case)

If something terrible happens to one of those children in the future, at least you'd know that you had spoken up way-back-when.

Good luck. Thank you for caring.

t

Posted by: Keir ()
Date: July 16, 2005 12:03PM

I wanted to get the Sameal Aun Weor groups on the list. I dont think there was much success (I sent an email along time ago). I use to be around the group and talked to others who have been around the various Aun Weor groups.

Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: July 16, 2005 07:44PM

If you can locate previously published newspaper articles about a group forward them to the Ross Institute for consideration to be included within the database.

They should be forwarded through email.

Otherwise you may comment at the message board within the guidelines/rules.

Posted by: Keir ()
Date: July 17, 2005 11:07AM

I sent an email out back in Mar 2005 aprx.

I have some inside information about the Aun Weor group. I see what I can find.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.