Re: Universal medicine
Posted by: Eric Dobbs ()
Date: December 20, 2012 06:19PM

Try as you might Mr Benhayon to superficially clean up your nasty little Cult (see Treeferns post above ), you will always be remembered as a dangerous little tyrant who held a Book Burning , destroyed Families and dispensed a discreditable and toxic belief system while making millions out of it !!! Well Done - Eric Dobbs

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: HerbertKane178 ()
Date: December 21, 2012 02:54AM

treefern
Received a text this morning from an ex-UMer. (yes it does happen and with even more frequency these days I hear) I would like to share it with you;

Have you seen the new UM format?
Looks like "the One" is trying (ha!) to make UM
more legit?
Bit too coincidental for me in light of the RMRC lies.
SB taught us to be "honest".
Think HE must just be a slow learner!

I'm afraid I don't waste my time on the UM site, so I can't reply to that question, as for the honesty bit, I'm still laughing.
I can always count on UM news to give me a huge, hearty and healthy dose of laughter+

I didn't want to waste to much time on their site either, but did have a quick look and there has been a radical rewrite of the 'home' and 'about us' pages. Seems Serge no longer wishes to talk of his former tennis coaching career and how "successful" he was.

The grammer and use of punctuation hasn't improved either.

Posted by: MacReady ()
Date: December 21, 2012 02:51PM

HerbertKane178
treefern
Received a text this morning from an ex-UMer. (yes it does happen and with even more frequency these days I hear) I would like to share it with you;

more legit?

I'm afraid I don't waste my time on the UM site, so I can't reply to that question, as for the honesty bit, I'm still laughing.
I can always count on UM news to give me a huge, hearty and healthy dose of laughter+

I didn't want to waste to much time on their site either, but did have a quick look and there has been a radical rewrite of the 'home' and 'about us' pages. Seems Serge no longer wishes to talk of his former tennis coaching career and how "successful" he was.

There may have been a bit of a re-write but the lies about Serge's pre-UM financial success are still in the general 'About Us' page, not the 'About Serge' page. However, I did find this absolute howler from the latter page:

"He is not and never has been one who hides and or holds himself in abstruse reality or in the confines of a fortress that is buffeted by his many patients and or students."

Hahahahahaha!!!! Serge the alleged multi-reincarnated genius, the 5th degree initiate, the World Teacher from Shamballa sent to Earth by the Heirarchy to save humanity, who has butchered and distorted the English language in order to baffle and beguile his vulnerable followers, definitely doesn't hold himself in an abstruse reality. Not at all. And he certainly doesn't hide away in a fortress buffeted by his students, unless you count the multiple love-blogs, which have been established in order for misguided devotees to both sing his praises and defend his lies and sleazy, criminal conduct so that he doesn't have to take responsibility for his own actions.

Date: December 21, 2012 03:51PM

MacReady
HerbertKane178
treefern

more legit?

There may have been a bit of a re-write but the lies about Serge's pre-UM financial success are still in the general 'About Us' page, not the 'About Serge' page. However, I did find this absolute howler from the latter page:

"He is not and never has been one who hides and or holds himself in abstruse reality or in the confines of a fortress that is buffeted by his many patients and or students."

Hahahahahaha!!!! Serge the alleged multi-reincarnated genius, the 5th degree initiate, the World Teacher from Shamballa sent to Earth by the Heirarchy to save humanity, who has butchered and distorted the English language in order to baffle and beguile his vulnerable followers, definitely doesn't hold himself in an abstruse reality. Not at all. And he certainly doesn't hide away in a fortress buffeted by his students, unless you count the multiple love-blogs, which have been established in order for misguided devotees to both sing his praises and defend his lies and sleazy, criminal conduct so that he doesn't have to take responsibility for his own actions.

He's terminally incapable of telling it straight, but his deceptions constantly reveal him. I love it how since the spotlight turned on him, he has hidden behind his students and followers and their mushrooming blogs of cut and paste UM phrases and stories of amazing change, and even managed to drag a few select woman out before the media to do his dirty work, while claiming to be the champion of the world and at the same time sending the boys to Bunnings to buy 1000 meters of builders plastic so he can hide out while he does his mind-tricks. "abracadabra! the rest of the world is brainwashing you and are a cult! UM is never and has never been a cult and I am not a cult leader...now what I say must stay with us because it is ancient and primordial and the rest of them wont understand the ancient wisdom that I impress from the hierarchy! Shazam!"

Date: December 24, 2012 06:50PM

Little Xmas gift for us pranic folk.

In the last 2 weeks I have heard of 3 people coming out of the cult by themselves. From all accounts 'committed students' and practitioners too.

Good to hear. I spoke to one who said "OMG I cant believe I thought all that stuff was real. It's bizarre! I feel really embarrassed at how I was going on and what I was thinking"

It shouldn't be embarrassing of course. They went in unsuspecting thinking they were learning healing or getting something at a time when they needed it. No one suspects that there is an agenda and a group may be a cult. Who the hell knows what a cult is? I sure didn't till this thing hit me in the head. So for anyone else thinking about hanging up the boots, it isn't your fault. It's just one of those things that happens. If you can get out and move on and forgive yourself because there's nothing to be ashamed of, the quicker you can get your emotional and mental life back and join us less than perfect pranic folk in our simple enjoyment of the unknown.

Happy Christmas.

Posted by: treefern ()
Date: December 27, 2012 03:51PM

COncerned Partner
Little Xmas gift for us pranic folk.

In the last 2 weeks I have heard of 3 people coming out of the cult by themselves. From all accounts 'committed students' and practitioners too.

Good to hear. I spoke to one who said "OMG I cant believe I thought all that stuff was real. It's bizarre! I feel really embarrassed at how I was going on and what I was thinking"

It shouldn't be embarrassing of course. They went in unsuspecting thinking they were learning healing or getting something at a time when they needed it. No one suspects that there is an agenda and a group may be a cult. Who the hell knows what a cult is? I sure didn't till this thing hit me in the head. So for anyone else thinking about hanging up the boots, it isn't your fault. It's just one of those things that happens. If you can get out and move on and forgive yourself because there's nothing to be ashamed of, the quicker you can get your emotional and mental life back and join us less than perfect pranic folk in our simple enjoyment of the unknown.

Happy Christmas.

Had the delightful experience of bumping( literally) into some old friends whilst on that famous of all walks.....the after Christmas Day Feast walk.

To my surprise these friends started talking about the past year and how they had found themselves caught up in a Cult of all things.

You guessed it Universal Medicine, a CULT no less!

The great news was even though they also felt "embarrassed at how they had banged on to all their family and friends, about pranic food, tatts, walking, talking, breathing, everything and anything" they said, they had decided to write letters to all of these people and apologize and ask forgiveness. Our friends said their family and friends had forgiven them with open arms and were so excited that the CULT light had shone on Universal Medicine, however what shocked them to the core was just how "abusive, unkind and really nasty all the people they THOUGHT were their friends in UM really were, when our friends told them they would no longer be going to meetings or following the teachings of Serge Benhayon"!

What a surprise unloving, unkind and spiteful UMers.

Posted by: corboy ()
Date: December 27, 2012 09:51PM

This item was written in the 1970s. Some of us may not even have been born. The author was describing similarities between political cults, one right wing and one left wing.

But despite these groups being political, not for healing, the process of recruitment, enchantment and disenchantment* resemble what has been described here.

The author of this article, writing in the 1970s, was making comparisons between the cultic processes within the Communist Party and the Ayn Rand Objectivist group.

The entire article is worth a peek.

[www.lewrockwell.com]

The Exoteric and the Esoteric

Every religious cult has two sets of differing and distinctive creeds: the exoteric and the esoteric. The exoteric creed is the official, public doctrine, the creed which attracts the acolyte in the first place and brings him into the movement as a rank-and-file member. The quite different creed is the unknown, hidden agenda, a creed which is only known to its full extent by the top leadership, the "high priests" of the cult. The latter are the keepers of the Mysteries of the cult.

But cults become particularly fascinating when the esoteric and exoteric creeds are not only different, but totally and glaringly in mutual contradiction. The havoc that this fundamental contradiction plays in the minds and lives of the disciples may readily be imagined.

and

As in the case of all cults and sects, a particularly vital method for moulding the members and keeping them in line was maintaining their constant and unrelenting activity within the movement....Every night one of the top members lectured to different members expounding various aspects of the "party line": on basics, on psychology, fiction, sex, thinking, art, economics, or philosophy.

and

Characteristic of the cult (from Hare Krishna to the "Moonies" to EST to Scientology to the Manson Family) is the dominance of the guru, or Maximum Leader, who is also the creator and ultimate interpreter of a given creed to which the acolyte must be unswervingly loyal. The major if not the only qualification for membership and advancement in the cult is absolute loyalty to and adoration of the guru, and absolute and unquestioning obedience to his commands. The lives of the members are dominated by the guru’s influence and presence. If the cult grows beyond a few members, it naturally becomes hierarchically structured, if only because the guru cannot spend his time indoctrinating and watching over every disciple. Top positions in the hierarchy are generally filled by the original handful of disciples, who come to assume these positions by virtue of their longer stint of loyal and devoted service. Sometimes the top leadership may be related to each other, a useful occurrence which can strengthen intra-cult loyalty through the familial bond.

Posted by: HerbertKane178 ()
Date: December 28, 2012 02:37AM

corboy

Characteristic of the cult (from Hare Krishna to the "Moonies" to EST to Scientology to the Manson Family) is the dominance of the guru, or Maximum Leader, who is also the creator and ultimate interpreter of a given creed to which the acolyte must be unswervingly loyal. The major if not the only qualification for membership and advancement in the cult is absolute loyalty to and adoration of the guru, and absolute and unquestioning obedience to his commands. The lives of the members are dominated by the guru’s influence and presence. If the cult grows beyond a few members, it naturally becomes hierarchically structured, if only because the guru cannot spend his time indoctrinating and watching over every disciple. Top positions in the hierarchy are generally filled by the original handful of disciples, who come to assume these positions by virtue of their longer stint of loyal and devoted service. Sometimes the top leadership may be related to each other, a useful occurrence which can strengthen intra-cult loyalty through the familial bond.

thanks Corboy, interesting research as always. The above quote seemed particularly apt.

Posted by: sleepless ()
Date: December 29, 2012 04:13AM

Just watched an interesting movie called MASTER on the flight home worth a look if you can stand the bullshit it would be very confronting for the UMers.

Posted by: worriedwife ()
Date: January 08, 2013 02:28PM

Hoping everyones year has started often better than the last one.....

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 01/08/2013 02:39PM by worriedwife.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.