Re: Universal medicine
Posted by: treefern ()
Date: November 17, 2012 11:30AM

Sadly yet another once beautiful family broken.

Strangely it came after one of the partners joined the non- CULT, Universal Medicine.

Why so many single people filling the ranks of this Religion?

Oh yes, silly me, nobody can come close to the perfection of "the One".

If I hadn't heard this statement with my own ears and this weren't so sad, now I would be laughing ...again!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: HerbertKane178 ()
Date: November 20, 2012 11:23AM

Congratulations to Byron Kaye for winning "Journalist of the Year" for his work investigating Universal Medicine (and other great work examining the persecution of doctors in Bahrain). Your efforts to reveal the truth are very much appreciated.

"MEDICAL Observer has won top honours at the 2012 Publishers Australia Excellence Awards, with senior political reporter Byron Kaye named journalist of the year.

Kaye took out the award, in competition with reporters from some of Australia’s best known publications, after providing leading coverage on Bahrain’s persecution of 20 doctors in the Arab Spring uprisings and on controversial northern NSW alternative therapy group Universal Medicine."

http://www.medicalobserver.com.au/news/journalist-of-the-year-award-for-mo-reporter

Posted by: treefern ()
Date: November 20, 2012 01:27PM

HerbertKane178
Congratulations to Byron Kaye for winning "Journalist of the Year" for his work investigating Universal Medicine (and other great work examining the persecution of doctors in Bahrain). Your efforts to reveal the truth are very much appreciated.

"MEDICAL Observer has won top honours at the 2012 Publishers Australia Excellence Awards, with senior political reporter Byron Kaye named journalist of the year.

Kaye took out the award, in competition with reporters from some of Australia’s best known publications, after providing leading coverage on Bahrain’s persecution of 20 doctors in the Arab Spring uprisings and on controversial northern NSW alternative therapy group Universal Medicine."

http://www.medicalobserver.com.au/news/journalist-of-the-year-award-for-mo-reporter

Herbert thank you for keeping us up to date with all things relevant.

To have Byron Kaye recognized for the journalist he obviously is, must certainly then give credibility to the well investigated, well written and above all well reported story exposing the dangerous practices of Serge Benhayon and the staff of Universal Medicine.

I certainly look forward to reading any more articles Byron Kaye may publish in the future on Serge and Universal Medicine.

Looks like the people, all the people he interviewed were telling the truth after all!

Posted by: John lazuras ()
Date: November 20, 2012 04:26PM

MEDICAL Observer has won top honours at the 2012 Publishers Australia Excellence Awards, with senior political reporter Byron Kaye named journalist of the year.

Kaye took out the award, in competition with reporters from some of Australia’s best known publications, after providing leading coverage on Bahrain’s persecution of 20 doctors in the Arab Spring uprisings and on controversial northern NSW alternative therapy group Universal Medicine.

The Bahrain coverage, which included a harrowing account of a female doctor’s imprisonment for treating anti-government protesters, led to world medical authorities approaching that country’s government demanding protection and amnesty for all doctors and health workers.

Bahrain subsequently acquitted nine of the medics, freed three for time served, and upheld the convictions of six. Two more remain fugitive.

Kaye's series on Universal Medicine meanwhile led to more than three regulatory investigations, including those by the NSW Health Care Complaints Commission, the Therapeutic Goods Administration (TGA) and AHPRA – as well as nationwide print and TV coverage.

The TGA investigation stopped Universal Medicine selling certain alternative products on its website, while the AHPRA investigation is ongoing.

Posted by: corboy ()
Date: November 20, 2012 10:48PM

Mr Kaye earned that award by doing careful research, and by being patient, keeping a cool head, and above all, using sources and material that that met journalistic standards.

And his articles met another standard.

Editors reviewed Mr Kaye's work before giving approval for its publication.

Posted by: HerbertKane178 ()
Date: November 21, 2012 07:36AM

treefern
HerbertKane178

Herbert thank you for keeping us up to date with all things relevant.

To have Byron Kaye recognized for the journalist he obviously is, must certainly then give credibility to the well investigated, well written and above all well reported story exposing the dangerous practices of Serge Benhayon and the staff of Universal Medicine.

I certainly look forward to reading any more articles Byron Kaye may publish in the future on Serge and Universal Medicine.

Looks like the people, all the people he interviewed were telling the truth after all!

It rather negates the Universal Medicine claims of media bias and unscrupulous journalism doesn't it?

Posted by: VenusDarkly ()
Date: November 21, 2012 09:04AM

If Byron Kaye's stories were unbiased and unfounded, UM would have successfully sued the Medical Observer, but they withdrew all legal action against media outlets when they realized they couldn't win.

In case anyone has questions about the factuality of the claims on my blog, I do not allude to anything unless I have verification from a minimum of two independent sources, and/or textual evidence or evidence from the audio recordings I have.

My best friend is a senior investigative journalist at a national media organization and I come from a family with two generations in law enforcement AND I've read the laws and I'm not interested in being sued for defamation.

Also writing on a blog may expose UM somewhat but isn't going to bring them down. I'm currently making all of my complaints official and butting heads with two regulatory agencies, with a colleague working with another three. I'm also talking with journalists and public health activists.

Thx. [universalmedicineaccountability.blogspot.com.au]

Posted by: worriedwife ()
Date: November 21, 2012 02:21PM

Thanks CP,

Yes, you try to stick by family no matter what however it can be challanging when someone this this happens. It is just something you think would happen "to someone else". I will write some more soon when I get a chance.

COncerned Partner
worriedwife
Morning,

I thought it was overdue I contribute to the forum. Not sure how to start off here. My sister is heavily involved in UM, she got my husband into the whole thing and he left me for her. Apparantly they understand each other. So I have two relationship breakdowns to deal with. It has been a little while now I am getting by but have my days. My sister has alway been pre-disposed to "alternative therapies" shall we call it. She is in to tarot and aura-reading so I guess it wasnt a far stretch to have someone convince her she can rid negative energy with clearing cards....

I think that when someone feels like they have little control over the direction of there lives, having someone give them rituals and behaviours to focus on all day, makes them feel like they are in control of something. I could be wrong.

WW

Hi WW. thanks for sharing that disturbing story. Are you able to say anymore or is it too revealing? It is certainly a double whammy that no one should have to deal with. Take care and I am sure you have the support of everyone else that has been affected by Universal Medicine and its loving ways. CP

Date: November 22, 2012 06:37AM

This could be a testimonial directly off the UM student site.

I am aware of a lateral shift in emotion taking place - an economical movement of what energy is necessary to invest in a moment to moment basis. I watch and feel it within me, without my having to do anything, except be awed and grateful. I have a greater awareness and unshakeable sense of rightness of checking in and coming back to any sense of a situation/feeling/person - learning from compassionate discrimination. I can only conclude that this is directly as a result of the "sovereign human" in action, as I have never felt it so viscerally. It feels like a wise, loving, intelligent and gentle energy that moves me towards the best use of my skills in a given situation and allows me to discriminate in order to make the best choices. I no longer feel self-pity, anxiety, worry or depression. Anger still comes up but it passes quickly like a summer storm … the energy is beautiful in its economy.

But it is not. It is a testimonial from here [thetemplateorg.com]
another organization offering trans formative workshops based on the imperfection of humans and higher callings.
The vernacular is that of this organisation, but if you replace their catch-words with UM's you have people describing the exact same effects.

For the student. There is nothing unique in what you are feeling. There are literally thousands of groups like UM around the world. Not one of them is right. They are simply using our in-born desire for self awareness, transcendence over the mundane, our instinct to follow those who don't prevaricate, and inherent ability of humans to believe and turning it to advantage themselves. For money, power, sex, self aggrandizement. Our payoff is we get a sense of community, epiphany, change. Some of it may be beneficial. Much not. And in due time it returns to chopping wood, carrying water.

Take some time to find out for yourself. Google away and you will find the groups. The take a moment to think about it, for yourself. If Serge is the only man on earth to get it right, why are all these other people claiming the same thing, and why are all these people having the same experience?

Maybe there is a way to change. But it takes yourself and honest self appraisal and awareness. Being an individual and relying on your own inner-knowing is difficult, but I believe, the only path to self-awareness. Not the path of others which is fraught with the pitfalls and traps of their agenda's that leads to a place you can't know before you get there. Think about it.

Date: November 25, 2012 06:51AM

This poor woman, who wisely decided to with hold her name, is a poster girl for why there is increasing concerns about Universal Medicine.

[truthaboutsergebenhayon.com]

In this one post she manages to summarize the effects of indoctrination, recruitment ( aided by the cult lawyers no less) and how critical thought and complex situations and arguments are reduced to simplistic terminology. The title of the post says it all 'my coming home'

Like all the group bloggers, she characterizes criticism as "bullying" and "hateful".

I realise the minds of the cult members are beyond reach so I post this for those on the edge or those thinking about Universal Medicine.

- Like all of their blogs, they speak about themselves in defence of Serge, a man they admittedly don't know at all in many cases. Yet, upon hearing criticism of Serge and UM, they are moved to spend quite some time composing defences of Serge/UM. Why? Why when presented with ample information showing Serge is not the man he pretends to be, and in fact, has far less integrity than your average man/woman on the street, do they persist in the fantasy that it is the opposite?

The actual psychology behind why they do this is that humans put more stock in the small amount of information that do have, over the much larger amount of information they don't have. We are built they way. For example, when we meet a new person, we are told certain facts about them beforehand, and then make decisions about their appearance, dress, speech, etc and decide how we feel about them. Yet by that time we know less than 1% of the available information on that person. We have all experienced later discovering a person (or situation) was nothing like our initial impression, which without the effect of 'cognitive dissonance' leads us to reassess that person or situation.

In the context of Serge and UM, most members, even those close to Serge know very little about him at all other than what he claims (his claims are actually very grandiose- now tamed down we note- and in themselves markers of a personality disorder) However, humans will put more stock in claims when they are grand, and also when there are people seemingly agreeing with them, therefore normalizing them. This is known as resonance. Ideas that previously seems outrageous ( nutso perhaps) become acceptable. What's more, the validity of the small amount of information that is known is never contrasted against what is not known, which is always going to be significant. In the case of Serge there is much that is now known that was previously hidden (bankruptcy vs claims of wealth/questionable relationships/business integrity issues etc) however, since there is a precedent in the minds of the follower, this new information is not weighted when it comes to light and therefore discounted. Soon it becomes passe and the member focuses on the perception that they originally formed and ignores the new information (dissonance) Socialization also aids this.

I am compelled to point out that the blog they are writing on is called "The truth about Serge Benhayon"- obviously it is not the truth at all, and simply an extension of resonance and socialized normalization. The name says it all.

Unlike what Serge says (which unsurprisingly is totally wrong) , how we 'feel' is actually governed by what is called Stage 1 mind. It is not capable of making high level decisions, which take time and energy, but is very fast and assessing situations based on past experience. It is the part of the mind that forms general impressions of the world, learns (driving, music, automatic activities), perceives space, reads social cues, etc. Stage 2 thinking is required to override automatic stage 1 thinking, which is more or less automatic and not self-reflective. Stage 1 thinking is great for day to day activities, especially when trained right, but is hopeless at re-adjusting from initial impressions. It is stage 1 mind that can be tricked by visual illusions, and Stage 2 'reflective/critical thinking that unravels them. Dissonance arises when Stage 1 mind takes control and ignores information coming from the much more reflective Stage 2 mind. Ergo, new information is going in but it is being pushed back by the Stage 1 cognitive illusion that has taken hold. And since there is the feeling that there is much to be gained by remaining in that state, the follower will not allow Stage 2 to win. Moreover, Serge insists that the follower ignore their 'intellect' and stay with what they 'feel'- so he is actually asking them to stay in their Stage 1 mind, and their cognitive illusions. Put bluntly, this allows Serge to do what he damn well feels like while his followers wallow in a sort of child like mental state.

Stage 1 is where our predispositions, predilections, fears and hopes habituate. The lady in this blog describes hers quite well. She also describes her emotional entry point, which is a lack of self worth and belief in her own mind. A common one with anyone, and probably with most of the cult members. The cult lawyers, showing their absolute impartiality as is required under their act 2004 (not), help induct her into the cult via some clever encouragement. This is an appeal directly to Stage 1 mind and to someone who is clearly vulnerable. Disgusting. It is worth noting that many cult members have come from other cults and manipulative situations. While they think they are 'coming home' they are actually just going from the frying pan and into the fire. It is a known risk for people leaving cults that they are highly vulnerable to recruitment to other groups. Why? because they have learned not to engage with Stage 2 thinking- the cycle perpetuates itself.

So what do they know about Serge and what do we know?
Well, they know what he had told the, nothing more. He is appealing, directly or indirectly (meeting him is irrelevant, as the group serves this function, with the help of some cult-lawyers in this case) to their pains and therefore Stage 1 mind.
What they he has told them is ridiculous and clearly only someone who has a borderline personality would invent.

What do we know? We ( that is me and about 40 other people/families/govt institutions) know every details of his past right up till today. We know every thing he has done, is doing and can take some good guesses at what he is planning to do. Without giving the detail, I can assure you it is not the work of man of integrity or love. It is the work of a man that would construct grandiose stories about himself. There is more problems in his timeline that he could share them around and he'd still have massive problems. The good thing is this known now to many people and government departments that matter. While the wheels of bureaucracy go slowly, they are ponderous and onerous once they finally get there.

The cult members probably ask, why do we care when they feel so good? The answer is simple. We care about you, your children and your families. You may not realize because I am sure you are thinking "but I am an intelligent individual with my own thoughts and ideas" but you are in the grips of a cognitive illusion. One day you will wake up from it. We just don't want you and your families to be too damaged when you do. And for those outside the cult, the monstrosity of it is clear. Don't trick yourself into thinking that it is a handful of people calling it a cult. It is everyone not in the group- plain and simple.

For information about Serge Benhayon and Universal Medicine that is not the story they are concocting and to give you more information to make better informed decisions using your Stage 2 mind go here:

[wordsonsergebenhayon.blogspot.com.au] and here [universalmedicineaccountability.blogspot.com.au]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.