Re: Universal medicine
Posted by: treefern ()
Date: November 11, 2012 04:19PM

Morpheus
Back around 2008 or 2009 at workshops Serge as calling UM the new world religion and getting all worked up because it was growing enough and threatening to stop UM because people werent doing the work. I remember thinking in the other half of my mind that it was really cultish but like I did then I ignored it. Everyone seemed to think it was amazing. I was reading some stuff on cults recently and it what is amazing is how UM IS exactly like a cult. It meets all the conditions. The ones they use on their site arent even conditions of a cult so their argument doesnt make sense. But they must be unaware of it otherwise rather than making a noise about it they would shut up.

Something else I would like to mention. Sometimes I think Serge does have some power because I get around members sometimes and this feeling creeps into me that makes me forget what my objections are. I actually start to see it the way they do. It is freaky. It doesnt take anything much at all. I literally have to go away and shake it off. It is like your mind just falls back under the spell. When I was reading about cults they explained this as part of the long term symptom of thought reform and how your brain can actually rewire so you can be triggered back really easily. Just a warning for others leaving.

Morpheus, my husband ESCAPED several months ago.....now, he can't believe some of the things he did, said and was encouraged to "feel" about his family. He says he will spend the rest of his life trying to make it up to us.

However, there are times when I feel scared, I see when he is confronted with pranic foods for example, he still hesitates. Not from any desire not to eat/drink it but from the incidious brain numbing indoctrination process that went on from the CULT that is UNIVERSAL MEDICINE.

Hang in there Morpheus, from what I have read/been told and know, it may take quite some time to fully recover and for those who are addictive type personalities and won't see the forrest for the trees, there seems little hope of leaving this cult, unless of course they move on to the next, as with some UMers who came to be in this one!

By the way, the only real power Serge has...is to make a HUGE amount of money out of peoples' illnesses and vulnerabilities!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: VenusDarkly ()
Date: November 11, 2012 08:20PM

lifetruetome
I've been listening to his audio by the way, and he uses OVERT hypnosis, with the word 'reconnect' as one of the trigger words. Beware of that one[/i

I would like to learn more about OVERT hypnosis. So you think "reconnect" is the word? His books are so bizarre but he does the gentle loving paragraph and then the divisive paragraph, back and forwards.

Well done Morpheous. I only went to one workshop and I have to say he really could have got me in. There were so many tranced people there all under his spell. It would be very hard not to fall for him in a room full of 130 or so people. I bought one of his books and for a while I did read it but it was so absurd it kind of turned me off. If I hadn't bought the book who knows I might have gone back for more. I was literally saved by the book!

lifetruetome, I've only made it through not quite 3 hours of Serge's audio, and could already write a complete thesis on the mind control and high density toxicity in his incoherent ramblings.

'Reconnect' is one word. I'm sure there are quite a few more, but in one recording he repeats it 16 times in 2 minutes, then does the same about 40 minutes later, and the rest of what he says between and after alternates between alluding to aspirational 'esoteric' bliss states and relentlessly negative pronouncements and put downs to do with living in a human body and the everyday world. I'll have to listen to more recordings, but I believe 'connect' and 'reconnect' to be key words.

I'll take suggestions for others.

Also if anyone has recordings, please contact me via my blog, because I'll borrow, steal, take whatever you'd care to send. There's some good material in the recordings. If anyone wants to offload the books, I'll take those too. I sure as hell don't want to spend money on them.

Also, in terms of the hypnosis, I've heard reports of students having days or hours when they act like their old selves, only to receive a short phone call from Serge and revert to a trancelike, altered state - as if he's snapped his fingers over the phone.

What this tells me, is he is definitely using hypnotic techniques and may only need one or a few trigger words or phrases to switch the trances off or on. If the susceptible person knows the words and have the will power, it's possible to resist. The problem is, so many students have been deceived and are utterly enamoured of him, they don't.

Suggestibility is a very complex subject to try to explain, but I took a crack at it in this post [universalmedicineaccountability.blogspot.com.au] Sorry, the posts are pretty lengthy, but scroll down to SergeSpeak.

What you're talking about with the book is spot on. Highly ambiguous content, switching between polarized concepts of bliss and esoteric soulfulness associated with belonging to UM, and doom, evil, pollution, violence, anger, perversion, disease associated with the world outside of it.

Ugh!

But yes, I do get how people fall for it. It was a close encounter for me too. Serge seemed very benign when I first met him. Then he pulled the ovarian reading. As much as I take the piss out of the munchkin messiah, his charisma is highly effective and highly successful. He is a genius of sorts.

The bizarreness and impenetrability of the books you've described is a kind of filter to eliminate troublesome types, like you and me. Serge doesn't want people around him who are critical, rational and reasonable. He wants susceptible, vulnerable, open minded, accepting, passive students - with funds. If you're drawn in by the written doctrine and are not a naturally critical type, you're perfect prey.

Treefern, I'm so sorry to hear what your family has been through. It's heartwrenching to hear that your husband feels that way, but I hope he can forgive himself. Serge's methods are criminally, maniacally, destructive. NOTHING is sacred to the guy, and that is lethal for trusting, conscientious types. I don't know your hub, but Serge's prey tend to be sweet natured, decent people who simply cannot believe someone could behave with such unbridled, indiscriminate malice.

It takes some unpacking.

Posted by: treefern ()
Date: November 13, 2012 08:38AM

VenusDarkly
lifetruetome
I've been listening to his audio by the way, and he uses OVERT hypnosis, with the word 'reconnect' as one of the trigger words. Beware of that one[/i

I would like to learn more about OVERT hypnosis. So you think "reconnect" is the word? His books are so bizarre but he does the gentle loving paragraph and then the divisive paragraph, back and forwards.

Well done Morpheous. I only went to one workshop and I have to say he really could have got me in. There were so many tranced people there all under his spell. It would be very hard not to fall for him in a room full of 130 or so people. I bought one of his books and for a while I did read it but it was so absurd it kind of turned me off. If I hadn't bought the book who knows I might have gone back for more. I was literally saved by the book!

lifetruetome, I've only made it through not quite 3 hours of Serge's audio, and could already write a complete thesis on the mind control and high density toxicity in his incoherent ramblings.

'Reconnect' is one word. I'm sure there are quite a few more, but in one recording he repeats it 16 times in 2 minutes, then does the same about 40 minutes later, and the rest of what he says between and after alternates between alluding to aspirational 'esoteric' bliss states and relentlessly negative pronouncements and put downs to do with living in a human body and the everyday world. I'll have to listen to more recordings, but I believe 'connect' and 'reconnect' to be key words.

I'll take suggestions for others.

Also if anyone has recordings, please contact me via my blog, because I'll borrow, steal, take whatever you'd care to send. There's some good material in the recordings. If anyone wants to offload the books, I'll take those too. I sure as hell don't want to spend money on them.

Also, in terms of the hypnosis, I've heard reports of students having days or hours when they act like their old selves, only to receive a short phone call from Serge and revert to a trancelike, altered state - as if he's snapped his fingers over the phone.

What this tells me, is he is definitely using hypnotic techniques and may only need one or a few trigger words or phrases to switch the trances off or on. If the susceptible person knows the words and have the will power, it's possible to resist. The problem is, so many students have been deceived and are utterly enamoured of him, they don't.

Suggestibility is a very complex subject to try to explain, but I took a crack at it in this post [universalmedicineaccountability.blogspot.com.au] Sorry, the posts are pretty lengthy, but scroll down to SergeSpeak.

What you're talking about with the book is spot on. Highly ambiguous content, switching between polarized concepts of bliss and esoteric soulfulness associated with belonging to UM, and doom, evil, pollution, violence, anger, perversion, disease associated with the world outside of it.

Ugh!

But yes, I do get how people fall for it. It was a close encounter for me too. Serge seemed very benign when I first met him. Then he pulled the ovarian reading. As much as I take the piss out of the munchkin messiah, his charisma is highly effective and highly successful. He is a genius of sorts.

The bizarreness and impenetrability of the books you've described is a kind of filter to eliminate troublesome types, like you and me. Serge doesn't want people around him who are critical, rational and reasonable. He wants susceptible, vulnerable, open minded, accepting, passive students - with funds. If you're drawn in by the written doctrine and are not a naturally critical type, you're perfect prey.

Treefern, I'm so sorry to hear what your family has been through. It's heartwrenching to hear that your husband feels that way, but I hope he can forgive himself. Serge's methods are criminally, maniacally, destructive. NOTHING is sacred to the guy, and that is lethal for trusting, conscientious types. I don't know your hub, but Serge's prey tend to be sweet natured, decent people who simply cannot believe someone could behave with such unbridled, indiscriminate malice.

It takes some unpacking.

Thanks VD.

If you knew either of us, you would know that we don't let too much get us down. I just wanted to let Morpheus know...or anyone else for that matter who has made the giant step into sanity and left UM, that they are not alone and the 'mind games will go on for awhile'.

The very best thing that actually did happen to confirm my husbands decision to escape was the reaction of his "friends" inside. Their aggressive, abusive and totally insane treatment of him when he started the shift, quite shocked him, it was then he realized that the "love" is only for show and only for other UMers, NOT the gentle, kind and loving people they pretend to be!

You are on the money with the word 'connect', my husband quite often...well boringly often actually would say how "connected he felt"all the time becoming so disconnected to reality. Serge once told him (my husband) he (Serge) thought they "had a connection". All the UMers like to "connect" to their Cathar lives, blah, blah.....

By the way, love your image of dancing naked around the bonfire at Nimbin...sounds like heaps of fun, OR we could gather up all the great novels of the world written by some of the greatest literary minds over the centuries and mindlessly throw them onto a bonfire at Mullum.
Why, because Serge said so!

Does Serge actually think that sad party could ever do anything other than make the book burners look completely mad?

So sad...for them!

Posted by: worriedwife ()
Date: November 14, 2012 06:47AM

Morning,

I thought it was overdue I contribute to the forum. Not sure how to start off here. My sister is heavily involved in UM, she got my husband into the whole thing and he left me for her. Apparantly they understand each other. So I have two relationship breakdowns to deal with. It has been a little while now I am getting by but have my days. My sister has alway been pre-disposed to "alternative therapies" shall we call it. She is in to tarot and aura-reading so I guess it wasnt a far stretch to have someone convince her she can rid negative energy with clearing cards....

I think that when someone feels like they have little control over the direction of there lives, having someone give them rituals and behaviours to focus on all day, makes them feel like they are in control of something. I could be wrong.

WW

Posted by: lifetruetome ()
Date: November 14, 2012 11:11AM

worriedwife
Morning,

I thought it was overdue I contribute to the forum. Not sure how to start off here. My sister is heavily involved in UM, she got my husband into the whole thing and he left me for her. Apparantly they understand each other. So I have two relationship breakdowns to deal with. It has been a little while now I am getting by but have my days. My sister has alway been pre-disposed to "alternative therapies" shall we call it. She is in to tarot and aura-reading so I guess it wasnt a far stretch to have someone convince her she can rid negative energy with clearing cards....

I think that when someone feels like they have little control over the direction of there lives, having someone give them rituals and behaviours to focus on all day, makes them feel like they are in control of something. I could be wrong.

WW

Hi WW
Thanks for posting. Gosh, sounds like UM has really impacted on your life. I agree with your statement about some people needing rituals and behaviours to bind their life. There are so many rules in UM to me it would be like living in a strict house hold. Its not for me but maybe some people feel safe in relationships with an authoritive figure who tells them when to sleep, what to eat, and who to hang out with.

Good luck LTM

Posted by: Jasmin ()
Date: November 15, 2012 04:19AM

worriedwife
Morning,

WW

Welcome WW.
My „man“ got lost to Universal Medicine, too, and found directly his new girlfriend there, who also is a new follower of UM.. They got treatments at “the lighthouse” in the UK together.
He told me, there was ” a deeper quality of love to find”, but he would still love me like before…
He knew I would never “join in” because I always told him so. He always wanted me to follow him to those courses etc..
So I lost him to this cult.
Serge Benhayon even tells them to leave their partners. They got to leave us, because we don´t want to follow the “ right” way and so on.
I couldn´ t do anything against all this.
They believe everything Serge Benhayon says, though it´s all based on one big lie. At the beginning of Serge “teachings” they “learn” things, that base on something, they can understand and that everyone seems to like.
So that they always can refer to those things , but later on, when Serge starts telling them his “fairy tails”, they go back and look for the things, of the beginning and so everything else Serge says must be true, too. This is how they don´t want to see what is really going on. They can´t really look at it anymore. Serge is manipulating them.
I think, the people that are getting involved, are really looking for something they can lean on.
My man was in the midlife- crisis and his father got very sick. So it was easy to grap him for UM. Hope you understand what I mean...not easy writing in an other language...

J

Posted by: HowDoesItHappen ()
Date: November 15, 2012 05:42AM

Welcome WW. I am shocked at the behaviour of your husband and sister. That must be very hard for you. More proof of the destructive nature of this group.

If you ever feel like elaborating on your story, we'd love to hear it.

Date: November 15, 2012 07:11AM

Jasmin
worriedwife
Morning,

WW

Welcome WW.
My „man“ got lost to Universal Medicine, too, and found directly his new girlfriend there, who also is a new follower of UM.. They got treatments at “the lighthouse” in the UK together.
He told me, there was ” a deeper quality of love to find”, but he would still love me like before…
He knew I would never “join in” because I always told him so. He always wanted me to follow him to those courses etc..
Serge Benhayon even tells them to leave their partners. They got to leave us, because we don´t want to follow the “ right” way and so on.
They believe everything Serge Benhayon says, though it´s all based on one big lie. At the beginning of Serge “teachings” they “learn” things, that base on something, they can understand and that everyone seems to like.
So that they always can refer to those things , but later on, when Serge starts telling them his “fairy tails”, they go back and look for the things, of the beginning and so everything else Serge says must be true, too. This is how they don´t want to see what is really going on. They can´t really look at it anymore. Serge is manipulating them.
I think, the people that are getting involved, are really looking for something they can lean on.
My man was in the midlife- crisis and his father got very sick. So it was easy to grap him for UM. Hope you understand what I mean...not easy writing in an other language...

J

Hi Jasmin
we understand you perfectly. There is literally no bounds to the misery Serge will cause in the name of "love" and "feeling glorious" and I really empathize with you. We are much closer to the source and get to witness it every day. In some ways it is easy to get into their heads and how they imagine they have founds something 'awesome' and we are lost because we can't see it. But the proof that it is not about love is how the members act either in online blogs, or the way their behaviour alters and they do deeds they would never have before by reinterpreting history and events to suit their world view. For me this is the most scary thing because it shows that you can twist nice loving honest people into someone else who thinks they have advanced, when they are in fact more lost, more regressed and more damaged than before. UM does not help people deal with their real issues. Serge uses them to win their trust, and exploits them to make the person feel like they have found something 'true'

But the path Serge is selling them leads to loneliness, poverty, spiritual emptiness, destruction of key loving relationships, friendships, and true family- based on the fiction of past lives and future incarnations while totally ignoring, and in fact abusing, the real one. He tells them not to worry about money, family, relationships, being good, affection, intimacy, 'emotional' love and instead focus on being 'esoteric' and to see things 'spherically' which means absolutely nothing. But while they have that idea in their heads, they are the lost amongst us; while believing that they are the found.....Its crushing Jasmin, as I know all too well. Take care and stay strong knowing that while they may be silent for the most part, there is many that share your pain and sympathize, and also in the knowledge that no one can do what Serge has done on such a large scale and not eventually pay a price. His penalties are coming.

take care.

Posted by: Jasmin ()
Date: November 15, 2012 11:37PM

COncerned Partner
Jasmin
worriedwife
Morning,

WW

Welcome WW.

J

Hi Jasmin
we understand you perfectly. There is literally no bounds to the misery Serge will cause in the name of "love" and "feeling glorious" and I really empathize with you. We are much closer to the source and get to witness it every day. In some ways it is easy to get into their heads and how they imagine they have founds something 'awesome' and we are lost because we can't see it. But the proof that it is not about love is how the members act either in online blogs, or the way their behaviour alters and they do deeds they would never have before by reinterpreting history and events to suit their world view. For me this is the most scary thing because it shows that you can twist nice loving honest people into someone else who thinks they have advanced, when they are in fact more lost, more regressed and more damaged than before. UM does not help people deal with their real issues. Serge uses them to win their trust, and exploits them to make the person feel like they have found something 'true'

But the path Serge is selling them leads to loneliness, poverty, spiritual emptiness, destruction of key loving relationships, friendships, and true family- based on the fiction of past lives and future incarnations while totally ignoring, and in fact abusing, the real one. He tells them not to worry about money, family, relationships, being good, affection, intimacy, 'emotional' love and instead focus on being 'esoteric' and to see things 'spherically' which means absolutely nothing. But while they have that idea in their heads, they are the lost amongst us; while believing that they are the found.....Its crushing Jasmin, as I know all too well. Take care and stay strong knowing that while they may be silent for the most part, there is many that share your pain and sympathize, and also in the knowledge that no one can do what Serge has done on such a large scale and not eventually pay a price. His penalties are coming.

take care.

It helps to read all your informations and to see that the voices against Universal Medicine are getting louder.
So good to see how people start telling their true stories here, at other forums and at the press.
This is a real chance for getting help for the ones who want to get out of the cult or a chance even not to get into it, because of the good informations you can get here.
Thanks to all of you. Thanks for your empathetic words COP ;-)
J

Date: November 16, 2012 07:43PM

worriedwife
Morning,

WW

Hi WW. thanks for sharing that disturbing story. Are you able to say anymore or is it too revealing? It is certainly a double whammy that no one should have to deal with. Take care and I am sure you have the support of everyone else that has been affected by Universal Medicine and its loving ways. CP

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.