Re: Universal medicine
Date: November 07, 2012 08:06PM

John lazuras
Hi All and UM followers,

In recent weeks a man that many people respected, had integrity and was known as one of the best sportsmen in the world has been exposed as a fraud /drug user and a cheat – and this person rides push bikes.

Over the last 10 years there were many rumours about this person character / integrity and the persons speaking out against this person were victimized and frowned upon, told they were lying, and that they were envious of his success.

Many of his supporters (I am one) never believed the “rumours” or negative stories about this person, many people saw him as great person and that he could not ever been a drug cheat. Us supporters would praise him and believed in his greatness and compassion. How could people say this about my hero I person that I was inspired by and I held him in high esteem.

After all these years the TRUTH has been exposed and everything that was said over these years on this person has come to fruition. People that have spoken out about this person over the previous years are now seen as heroes for exposing the truth.

UM followers, be aware as this is a fine example of what is happening in your world presently. You need to take the blinkers off and look at the various amounts of negative stories and the evidence that has been presented by many out there on Universal Medicine and Serge. Look at both sides of the story with an open mind, don’t be one side minded the truth is there for all to see.

Ask yourself the questions:
- Could there be some truth to these accusations
- Can all these newspaper stories be wrong
- Why do everyone outside UM see you as a CULT
- Did the TV shows get it wrong
- Do experts in cults like Cult Counselling Australia get it wrong
- Why would a well-known cult expert like David Millikan accuse you of being in a CULT
- Could we all be duped by Serge
- Have I lost my way in his teachings and not seeing the truth
- Why would these people that write on these sites continue advising people their stories
- Why has Serges outrages claims have all been shown as false and misleading

I believe that in time the TRUTH will be exposed, maybe tomorrow / next week/ next month or next year or in some time ahead, but in time the truth will exposed.

I know what my truth is, and I know that my story and experience with UM is the same as many others that have posted on the various sites, so you UMers have a look at this life you are living, it is not real it is a fake and at the end when the truth is exposed you will understand that the truth was there all the time, but you are now so lost in the teachings and beliefs on UM that you cannot see the truth. Don’t put all your trust in one person that you really don’t know …….be open minded on this.

And finally I leave you again with the quote from Cult Counselling Australia web site from Jeannie Mills:

"When you meet the friendliest people you have ever known, who introduce you to the most loving group of people you've ever encountered, and you find the leader to be the most inspired, caring, compassionate and understanding person you've ever met, and then you learn the cause of the group is something you never dared hope could be accomplished, and all of this sounds too good to be true-it probably is too good to be true! Don't give up your education, your hopes and ambitions to follow a rainbow."

Hi JL- sometimes I flick onto this page and I think all that can be said has. Like you and some of the others that have retired a little, you start to think, what is the point? These guys are lost in their delusions by choice, actively, aggressively even...let them be. Then I take a look at his material and start to look at the emails from people that have had families shattered, field a few calls from some distraught partners and I realise the job has to be finished.

What you say is absolutely correct. Let me pose a few more.

* Serge said he would rather take a bullet than back away from his claims- He appears to be alive and well and hiding behind the words of women, and he's backed away from more claims the Rio tinto in a trading halt. I can only think is because he doesn't have the courage of his convictions, least of all the courage to take a bullet.
* If serge is not a cult leader, and the defenders are not in a cult, why are there 4 sites called "something about Serge Benhayon" that no one except supporters can comment on? And doesnt one of those rabid supporters feel even a little strange when posting yet another defence of a man they don't know really, and saying " How ridiculous I am not in a cult!" while wearing a cult necklace, burning a candle on a blob by Serge, with an eye-pillow on their kidneys, and eating soup defending a 5 foot 6 painfully skinny dude they think is a 5th level initiate?? ( hello?? knock knock, anyone in there!)
* If UM is not a cult, then why do members flock to the north coast and specifically Goonellebah and co-habitate in houses within a few kilometers of aforementioned small statured and disappearing dude?
* And as JL says, can everyone else be wrong? we know you have been sucked in by his woeful stories about "lords of form" and all the other bullshit, but c'mon ladies ( and I mean all of you) . It is such transparent contradictory infantile BS that sometimes I am slapping my head and saying "Oy Veh!!" just like his badly non esoteric mum must be when she thinks of Sergio hiding out from the Lords of Form back in the 70's in suburban Sydney. Or was it the local lads? ( i know, I'll ask them- Oh that's right, I already did ;-) )

You're right JL, the day is coming when they are all getting a reality slap in the face. Probably sooner than anyone- Serge included- expects. Problem is that many of them have chosen their sides and carved out their fates. There's no going back, even when they realize they've been badly had. Pity.

Stay up to date with Serge Speak here: [wordsonsergebenhayon.blogspot.com.au]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/07/2012 08:07PM by COncerned Partner.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Eric Dobbs ()
Date: November 07, 2012 08:42PM

QUOTE from s.benhayon : "THE ONLY TRUE SOUND On EARTH IS CHRIS JAMES and the album MICHAEL and EMMA-LEE WILL BE PUTTING OUT.
Concerned Partner as far as I know there are only three other people in history that would have had the unmitigated audacity to publicly come up with a statement like the above. They are Joseph Stalin ,Adolph Hitler and Chairman Mao and now the Phillistine Serge Benhayon joins the club. Are you, the followers of this man really that stupid ? Or are you so pathetically lost in this world that you'd go this low . I honestly and truly grieve for you . Over and Out ,Eric

Posted by: corboy ()
Date: November 07, 2012 09:23PM

From a correspondant on the Sokka Gokki thread--a contribution from another website. The material quoted may be useful in discussing UM, especially those all-important friendships that turn into recruitment.

In particular, I really like the section on "How to avoid getting into a cult" (the critical thinking portion is gold):

[www.cultclinic.org]

"Learn to cope with stress. When stress is getting the best of us, we are more likely to be seduced by someone selling happiness. If you are having difficulty coping, seek help from reputable, trustworthy persons.

Common sources of stress include:

Troubled romances
Academic difficulties
Conflict with and tensions within the family such as parents’ marital problems, domestic violence, alcohol and/or drug abuse by a family member.
Confusion about values and goals.
Physical illness of self, family member, or other loved one
Loneliness
Transitions- for example, moving, changing schools, jobs
Death of loved one
Disillusionment regarding religion or people you once respected
Never be afraid to question other people.
Always be wary of anyone who tries to prevent you from questioning.
Protect your freedom and autonomy.

Learn to recognize common cult-recruitment tactics and situations, beware of:

People who are excessively or inappropriately friendly; there are few genuine instant friendships.

People who are very persistent in trying to get you to join, and won’t take no for answer.

People with invitations to free meals, lectures, and workshops

People who demand secrecy from you.

People who make you feel like there’s something wrong with you if you’re not interested in joining.

People with simplistic answers or solutions to complex world problems.

People who try to play on your guilt; you don’t always have to reciprocate a kindness, especially when it may have been a way to manipulate you

People who are vague or evasive. If they are hiding something, it’s usually because they don’t want you to know the real answer.

People who claim to be just like you, so you feel you have a lot in common.

People who confidently promise that they can help you solve your problems, especially when they know little about you

People, who make grand claims about how their group can save mankind, help you achieve enlightenment or show the road to happiness.

People who always seem happy

People who claim they or their group is really special, even the most special

People who promise quick solutions to difficult problems

People who put down reason and critical thinking, and tell you not to ask questions about the group - just open your mind to it.

Ten Steps to Critical Thinking

1.RECOGNIZETHE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN "A DEMAND" AND "A REQUEST"

Situations that seem to demand that you act in a certain way.

2. REMEMBER THAT YOU CAN SAY, "NO"

3. RECOGNIZE FALSE DILEMMAS

Always add "None of the above" to any multiple choice before deciding.

4. SLEEP ON IT

Recognize pressure to decide quickly. Don’t act under stress.

5. LOOK FOR THE HIDDEN AGENDA

What is really being said? What is NOT being said? To whom, by whom, and why is it being said?

6. LOOK FOR LOGICAL FALLACIES

Trust your feelings when things you are being told don't make sense.

7. KNOW WHAT GROUP OR BELIEF A PERSON REPRESENTS

Ask blunt questions and don’t accept vague answers.

8. RECOGNIZE FLATTERY

When receiving lots of compliments, question whether there may be a hidden agenda.

9. ASK QUESTIONS

Challenge authority’s claims.

10. RETAIN YOUR SELF-WORTH
Don’t be afraid to be different."

And the section on "Cult Prevention":

"Teach those you care about that cults are still a problem, that even those who are quite bright and accomplished get pulled in*, and how to ask the right questions about an organization in order to make a truly educated decision before getting involved.

*(Corboy note: health care professionals, attorneys, accountants, persons who are yoga teachers or massage therapists with clients--all are high value recruits and can be pulled in. High value recruits will be shown only the beauty of an organization. Its cruel impact on relationships and a leader's prior or current legal and financial boondaggles will be kept hidden from such high value recruits.

**Students training to enter these occupations are especially recruitable because they are good hearted, eager to be of service and often have not been told they are potential long term investments for a guru's human portfolio.)

Don’t assume only certain people you know are vulnerable. Share what you know with all who will listen.

Remind people of the rights they have which no person or group has the right to take away:

the right to question

the right to doubt

the right to move about freely

the right to define for yourself if you are inherently good or bad

the right to formulate your own life’s goals

the right to decide with whom to spend time

the right to assert your own power in every situation"

Posted by: VenusDarkly ()
Date: November 08, 2012 05:57AM

Thanks for that Corboy. It's a good link .

Incidentally, I went on an academic field trip to a Soka Gakkai Center once. They knew why we were there - for research, but they still tried to recruit us, lol. They were SUPER nice. SUPER happy looking.

To John Laz - John Safran talked about the cult of Lance Armstrong on his radio show - how he was surrounded by enablers and apologists, wholeheartedly participating in the manipulation, deluding themselves of his near divine but ultimately false status.

I guess the difference with Serge though, is that although the basis of LA's profile was a deception, he at built substantial good from it via the LiveStrong foundation - a solid anti-cancer charity and preventative health org.

However, when Serge's facade collapses there won't be any beneficial legacy. It's all lies, zero integrity, nothing redemptive to it. That's when the real healing will have to begin, serious rehab, particularly for the hard core SergeCorpers, but it's going to be a long road.

Posted by: corboy ()
Date: November 08, 2012 07:12AM

Two points in Armstrong's favor, vs SB:

Lance did not proclaim a programme of cosmic salvation, with himself at the centre of it.

Nor did Lance send forth disciples who used the appearance of friendship to recruit for the cosmic salvation crusade.

Last point: Lance didnt push awful music. Admirers of Lance Armstrong were free to pick and choose their own music.

Posted by: John lazuras ()
Date: November 08, 2012 10:24AM

corboy
Two points in Armstrong's favor, vs SB:

Lance did not proclaim a programme of cosmic salvation, with himself at the centre of it.

Nor did Lance send forth disciples who used the appearance of friendship to recruit for the cosmic salvation crusade.

Last point: Lance didnt push awful music. Admirers of Lance Armstrong were free to pick and choose their own music.

Totally agree that LA did allot of good with his profile such as the Livestrong Cancer foundation which is great and i believe this will always be around to help people.

What LA did with his profile has help and inspired allot of people.

I honestly believe this can not be said about Serge and Co.

Date: November 08, 2012 04:05PM

Why it is quite clear that UniMed is not a cult (according to the UM website)

My sides are still splitting after reading this, directly off the UM website. [www.universalmedicine.com.au]
Have they no shame? and no clue. Allow me the honour of debunking it for your reading pleasure

Why it is quite clear that UniMed is not a cult

A cult involves abnormal, sometimes secretive behaviour, an all powerful and controlling leader, dogma and doctrines. On that basis Universal Medicine is anything but a cult.

Hahahahahahaha. 6 books of dogma, hours of recordings with Serge saying what is what, Piles of EDG notes with Serge's edicts. The whole thing is based on Serge. There are 4 sites about Serge. Serge rants about Serge He is secretive, controlling and all powerful (according to him and his own self assessment of his 'level') The students clamor to be near him. They live around him. They email him. The get words off him. The worship him and his family. They have photos on the wall. They leave their partners when he suggests their relationships are pranic every so subtly. That they think there is no dogma or doctrine is astounding. Sorry but are they total numbskulls? on the other pages in the same site he is promoting his doctrines!! ye gad what morons.

Students of Universal Medicine courses and workshops are completely free to come and go as they please.

So what? That has nothing to do with being in a cult. the same is true of most if not all. It is about what is going on in your heads. Grrrr.

There is no need to commit to any form of burdensome recurring fees of any sort.

Hahahahahahahahahaha (that's ironic laughter BTW) Serge has you all on a hook and you are coughing up constantly. Like everything he does, he pretends their is no commitment then ensnares you in so you feel like you have/want to go to the next course, weekend...whatever. then to add insult to injury he sells you shit which he says is "blessed" and asks for any money you have left over so he can buy more property..which he may 'leave' to the community later so his 'work" ( that is doctrine if you haven't been paying attention) doesn't get "!!! BASTARDISED!!!

There is no need to commit to attend all or even some of the workshops/ retreats etc.

....As above

Teachings are in the form similar to any established learning institution.

WTF, this isn't even a condition of a cult. And it is no in a form similar to any 'learning institution' at all. We've all heard the audios. There is no two way exchange. It is Serge pontificating hour after freaking hour on how he is the master of the universe and everyone else is pathetic and under the influence of the Lords of Form.

There are no rituals, no mantras and no exceptional practices.

Now you're just lying. You're all doing the 'livingness' which Serge the scourge describes as a practice and demands of you constantly at every workshop. You are all walking around with those blank looks on your face trying not to 'enjoin' and avoding emotions and thought, avoiding just about any tasty food, a good laugh, proper music and even affection ( because it is an illusion). No, no special practices...oh, and remember the Word and the 'sayings' - Yep, no mantras, not sayings, no rituals....

If anyone feels they have not received full value for the respective course, workshop etc., Serge will readily refund their money in full.

What's that got to do with it? And will he. I know someone in Byron Bay who asked for money back and Serge never answered the email.

Entry level forums, workshops and retreats are open to all – there is no pre-qualification of any kind.

Right. Just like every cult. Serge even says at these low cost gigs " gee we have a lot of NEW people here tonight, lets keep it simple" meaning: I am not going to reveal my crazy shit to you now. I need to EASE you into this madness slowly.

The student body represents a wide mix of folk from all walks of life and from many corners of the world. Interestingly, professionals from the health industry represent a disproportionately higher element of the student body.

Boy you guys like to kid yourselves. If you call 15 people disproportionate high you cant count. That is probably why you believe Serge is only turning over $2M a year of your money. Out of lets say 2000 that is 0.75% of the 'student body" ( I am not counting the fake practitioners) According the ABS in 2009 the total number of health care workers, including the allied health and dentists which form part of the UM count is, guess what....0.75%... so numb nuts, what you have is the same representation as the general population.

There is absolutely nothing secret about Universal Medicine.

Occult means secret. Esoteric means Secret, or inner knowledge. But on a more practical level, students ARE SECRETIVE. they don't tell their families what they are learning or doing at the retreats or courses because they know that poeple will not agree. Serge goes on about this at length in his EDG's. Serge also structures his workshops so that the 'students' (or as I prefer to call them, victims) don't get credulity overload. One step at a time. Check the website for proof.

There is absolutely no recruiting and converting - this is strict policy.

Where is that policy. In the cult manifesto? Try going to one of the doctors or dentists and not get an earful about how wonderful Serge and 'the work' is " OMG, I lost 200 kilos by not eating gluten and now I feel AMAZING!. I used to drink now I go to bed at 6PM due to lack of nourishment and I feel great....OMG" and on top of that, the students bash the crap out of any sucker that gets within earshot. No converting....hahahahahaha. good one.

While the courses and workshops are open to friends and family and anyone wishing to attend, preaching or imposing the virtues or benefits of attending is actively discouraged. There is no excuse for this to be misconstrued as Serge is many times on record stating it so.

Bullshit

Benhayon’s presentations are there to be accepted or rejected. One is completely free to make up their own mind.

Bullshit. Serge constantly preaches how "not doing the work, or dancing with prana, or some other total mind twisting crap, will cause lifetimes of bad karma, and how each choice the student makes will effect everyone on the planet and every corner of the cosmos!! Oh, and lets not forget he tells them they dont have a mind! right from his own books " The greatest illusion is that you think you are free to think" In the context of Serges doctrines, that line is an oxymoron (just like the moron that wrote it)

Serge’s books are very detailed, substantial and far-reaching works.

You mean the doctrines? Detailed about what? far reaching where? what a load of horse shit. They are pathetic drivel, stolen ideas stapled together and given a dark twist by subverting beautiful ideas and language into a dark tale of lords of form, entitles, astral planes, pranic poisons, fiery plans, initiations, why men think they like tits, why women should make men sleep alone, other weird sexual shit and another pile of crap. All written in appalling language pretending to be 'esoteric'.

Anyone who has experienced his teachings will know that transparency is the hallmark of his methodology - any question goes and every question gets fully answered.

Triple Bullshit. Go and ask Serge to tell you the truth about whether he asks people about their sexual history. Ask him about the charity finances. Ask him where all the cash is. Get someone like David Millikan to debate him...ahhh, that's right, he is too scared to do that....yep. totally transparent and fully answered.

The real power of this work is with the individual and their respective learning experiences are very much at the individual’s own pace.

Phew, I agree. His method of auto indocrination is quite diabolical. it does happen at its own pace. But surely it does.

Each student is supported in coming to their own understanding of the teachings as presented, at their own pace and always, with their own awareness as informed by their valued background knowledge and prior experience. No one is asked to accept but to fully discern at every angle.

That means nothing, and is not related to whether UM is a cult or not, which it patently is. Even this pathetic attempt to say we are not a cult says, we are a cult.

There are no prerequisites for attending or subscribing to the works. It is simply a case of, “here are the teachings – consider at will."

Oh my god. What total Bullshit. I am sorry I cant be more eloquent but when you keep reading crap your mind just wants to pewk.

The best way to ask that question, “Is Universal Medicine a Cult?” is to attend one of these sessions and ask the student body directly.

Besides how damn culty that sounds, let me give you the scene: 300 Woman and 22 men. The woman are all sitting straight backed on pillows. many have scarfs, even though it is warm. They have their hands folded softly in their laps. On their lips is a slight smile. They are staring softly and somewhat glassy eyed at a small man with a mellifluous voice who has just taken them through a 'mediation'. He is now telling them about how they were "cathars' in the 12 th century, and how they have found their way back to the family of Universal Medicine.....an hour later, he wraps up by explaining that many may feel their lights and be rejected by it, but it is really love they are rejecting. They are to stand firm in what 'they' know is the truth, because as they express that 'truth' resistance from those around them will arise...."

The answer is clear – Universal Medicine is the antithesis of a cult movement

Oh no, Universal Medicine is the antithesis to a cult. What whacko wrote this half baked and puerile protestation?

I love that it also shows in Google under Universal Medicine cult.

Great work cult members. I think the only people you may have convinced is yourselves. And then not very well either.

The quote of the year; Serge " I don't know how to brainwash people" "a handful of people say we are a cult...what if I could get 2000 people to say we are not" What a genius.

Seriously, if this was written by serge, you are either an idiot or a total liar.
If it is written by a student, seek help immediately. You have to be lying to yourself to write that. It is called psychological dissonance. If in doubt DONT ask Brendan Mooney or Caroline Raphael. They are clueless and probably the authors of this ridiculous attempt at defence.

"Destructive cults, groups, movements and/or leaders "maintain intense allegiance through the arguments of their ideology, and through social and psychological pressures and practices that, intentionally or not, amount to conditioning techniques that constrict attention, limit personal relationships, and devalue reasoning." UniMed in spades.

Posted by: Morpheus ()
Date: November 11, 2012 04:33AM

Back around 2008 or 2009 at workshops Serge as calling UM the new world religion and getting all worked up because it was growing enough and threatening to stop UM because people werent doing the work. I remember thinking in the other half of my mind that it was really cultish but like I did then I ignored it. Everyone seemed to think it was amazing. I was reading some stuff on cults recently and it what is amazing is how UM IS exactly like a cult. It meets all the conditions. The ones they use on their site arent even conditions of a cult so their argument doesnt make sense. But they must be unaware of it otherwise rather than making a noise about it they would shut up.

Something else I would like to mention. Sometimes I think Serge does have some power because I get around members sometimes and this feeling creeps into me that makes me forget what my objections are. I actually start to see it the way they do. It is freaky. It doesnt take anything much at all. I literally have to go away and shake it off. It is like your mind just falls back under the spell. When I was reading about cults they explained this as part of the long term symptom of thought reform and how your brain can actually rewire so you can be triggered back really easily. Just a warning for others leaving.

Posted by: VenusDarkly ()
Date: November 11, 2012 08:51AM

Morpheus
Back around 2008 or 2009 at workshops Serge as calling UM the new world religion and getting all worked up because it was growing enough and threatening to stop UM because people werent doing the work. I remember thinking in the other half of my mind that it was really cultish but like I did then I ignored it. Everyone seemed to think it was amazing. I was reading some stuff on cults recently and it what is amazing is how UM IS exactly like a cult. It meets all the conditions. The ones they use on their site arent even conditions of a cult so their argument doesnt make sense. But they must be unaware of it otherwise rather than making a noise about it they would shut up.

Serge never had any intention of shutting down UM. He is a compulsive emotional blackmailer and that's his twisted way of galvanizing support.

I wrote about UM's cult characteristics using standard definitions here [universalmedicineaccountability.blogspot.com.au]

Something else I would like to mention. Sometimes I think Serge does have some power because I get around members sometimes and this feeling creeps into me that makes me forget what my objections are. I actually start to see it the way they do. It is freaky. It doesnt take anything much at all. I literally have to go away and shake it off. It is like your mind just falls back under the spell. When I was reading about cults they explained this as part of the long term symptom of thought reform and how your brain can actually rewire so you can be triggered back really easily. Just a warning for others leaving.

This is such an important observation and one I'm also intending to write about. Yes, you can be triggered back into Serge's mindset - very easily - simply because off his very overt use of mind control techniques and the way the mindset becomes normalized among followers.

I've observed non followers who are sharing a household with a member, also come under Serge's influence. They might think he's a horrid little turd but they start to feel guilty for expressing or feeling emotion, or sexual desire, or eating gluten etc The mindset becomes normalized for them too.

I've been listening to his audio by the way, and he uses OVERT hypnosis, with the word 'reconnect' as one of the trigger words. Beware of that one.

These articles may help. Cognitive processes can be severely compromised by prolonged periods in a thought reform environment. So concentration, focussing on conversations, reading comprehension etc can take time and retraining to regain.

Interestingly some of the things you can use to shake yourself out of the trance state are music and physical exercise. It's no accident Serge has banned them. (And no accident I've played Abbe May on my site. She'll bust anything out of a trance! lol)

Coping with Trance States [www.nwrain.net]
Recovery from cults [culteducation.com]
Post cult adjustment [culteducation.com]

I also wrote a series of articles called Universal Medicine is Habit Forming beginning with this summary [universalmedicineaccountability.blogspot.com.au]

Well done for getting out, Morpheus, and good luck.

Posted by: lifetruetome ()
Date: November 11, 2012 01:16PM

I've been listening to his audio by the way, and he uses OVERT hypnosis, with the word 'reconnect' as one of the trigger words. Beware of that one[/i

I would like to learn more about OVERT hypnosis. So you think "reconnect" is the word? His books are so bizarre but he does the gentle loving paragraph and then the divisive paragraph, back and forwards.

Well done Morpheous. I only went to one workshop and I have to say he really could have got me in. There were so many tranced people there all under his spell. It would be very hard not to fall for him in a room full of 130 or so people. I bought one of his books and for a while I did read it but it was so absurd it kind of turned me off. If I hadn't bought the book who knows I might have gone back for more. I was literally saved by the book!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.