Current Page: 77 of 169
Re: Universal medicine
Posted by: HerbertKane178 ()
Date: August 06, 2012 11:07AM

Thanks Treefern, as always your honesty inspires. As Universal Medicine has gone in to PR overdrive to try and 'normalize' the EBM, it's very good to hear a first hand report from one who has been there.

Very sad to read what you write about breast feeding. I have always been of the firm belief this is a wonderful bond between mother and child, something to be cherished, not viewed as a sapping of energy. While it is true the mother gives to the child through the process, that gift is a gift of love, vitality, nutrition, and any mother who takes care of herself will replenish what she has given to help a tender life get the best possible start.

treefern
I would like to address the issue of the Esoteric Breast Massage and accreditation by Universal Medicine.

The EBM which is yet another brainchild of Serge Benhayon was conceived by him and the practice and perfection of the massage was used firstly on his young wife Miranda.

My own experience with the EBM's was when I had 2 very close friends diagnosed with breast cancer a very frightening experience for both of them. I was strongly encouraged to have an EBM by another UM practioner. Thinking that it couldn't hurt I made an appointment.

My first appointment was an hours talk on the very high rate of Breast Cancers in todays world, so far true. I can't remember all that was said after that mostly because I was so shocked at the thought process on breast cancer, but for $100 I was left feeling scared whitless. Something about negative energy held in the breasts from being "wolf whistled" as a teenager to the "energy flowing out required in breast feeding children" (yes sad but true, those exact words) every "male hand" and "negative male energy we have ever been around" has been stored in our breasts. There I sat feeling like the dark lords were indeed residing in my breasts. At no time did the EBM practioner SAY this massage would 'cure or prevent breast cancer', it was however VERY STRONGLY IMPLIED throughout the entire hour long session. I then made an appointment for the actual massage...which at the time on this particular day, I thought I was getting for my $100! Great sales pitch.

After the first appointment I couldn't wait to get to the 'real' appointment to get rid of the dark lords in my breasts. I personally found the massage quite awful, but I must say at this point, the practioner was very professional. During the session where all and only the TALK was of the "negative energy held in my breasts", I was to find that it would in fact take 8 to 10 sessions to have them actually cleared (that's $800 to $1000 my mind was reeling) with follow up treatments forever(to keep them clear) and I would also need to buy the "special cream, invented by Serge to help keep my breasts cleared", more money. I couldn't wait to finish the session by this time.
$100 later which by the way, was written down on the receipt as Professional Development, because there is no way you can claim these massages on anything but Tax, I left in fact I think I ran. Yuck, yuck yuck was my mantra all the way home.

Breast feeding my children was sometimes hard, sometimes exhausting but ALWAYS a joy and a delight. I look back and feel proud of myself and delighted with the fact that I was able to accomplish this, even after I was told I would never physically would be able to do it. (Medical reasons) The wolf whistles, well wouldn't mind one of them now to be honest and the negative energy from the men standing next to me in lifts....Plleeeeeaase!

Now I'm not an expert and somebody correct me here if I have this wrong, but real accreditation is quite a complicated process to get. I don't believe say for example that, I could come up with an idea, ($$$$$$$$) formulate it, train people, ($$$$$$$) and then accredit them MYSELF? Firstly you have to have the thing you are doing acknowledged by a body of professional people within that field, then a group of your peers tests your ability to practice professionally, I don't get to accredit the people who have paid me the money to 'train' them ($$$$$$) and then pass them to work for me, it just doesn't work that way I'm afraid!

It is the 'fear mongering' from UM that I find so frightening, misguided actions of once lovely people.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: trackandfield ()
Date: August 06, 2012 12:30PM

Hi everyone,

Just thought I'd let you know that I've been in touch with several media outlets who are looking to speak to people with experiences of UM who can provide a more accurate picture than the one currently being provided by the SB PR assault. I myself have been asked for an interview because of personal experiences I have had of Serge and UM practitioners encouraging me to reject conventional medical solutions to a serious health condition in favor of 'esoteric' treatment, which prolonged my problems and prevented an early diagnosis which may have prevented the further development of my disease. Unfortunately however I am not in a position to give a personal interview at the moment, but if anyone is willing to do so Channel 7 in Australia are planning a large TV report, so send me a PM if you would be willing to talk to them. Several other journalists are also planning to release articles very soon, and I'm sure they would welcome all the information they can get. Anything which shows the falsity of UM's claims that they do not tell people what to do with their diets or exercise, or that they do not reject doctors and conventional medicine would be highly valuable.

Thanks!

Posted by: lifetruetome ()
Date: August 06, 2012 02:39PM

Thanks Treefern for your account of EBM. Its good to hear your connection with UM.

To be honest I don't know why UM or Serge make out that women hold all this negative energy in their bodies and in their breasts. Some women don't have problems with their breasts, they infact, might even enjoy them! (now thats a pranic dark thought) Dare I say it that Serge and UM are an ultra conservative organisation.

I would love to hear from others about Serge bubble wrapping the Universal Medicine belief system in love and empowering women when infact on another level he is making it incredibly difficult for women (who follow Serges belief system), to enjoy making love with a man of their choice, enjoy their bodies through this process unhindered by thoughts of evil prana and to this end disempowering any women followers of Serge. Why can't women enjoy their sexuality? I could have this very wrong and the students of UM maybe enjoying their bodies and their sexuality but following this thread I don't get the feeling that that is happening. Serge divides his philosophy from all other energy practices and then he divides women from men. UM students can't even dance or do yoga without Serge telling them how to do it. Women being emotional by nature, not being able to show emotions only feelings. I could go on and on about food choices, music choices - doesn't sound very empowering to me for women. I can think of other belief systems that totally disempower women.... Why is it that Serge, a man, able to know what is right for women's bodies. Surely women intuitively and innately know this for themselves and don't need Serge and his very conservative belief systems, telling them how to live?

ps I do understand that not all women have had a good time at the hands of men, I really do understand that but to think this is the case for every woman is just not true.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/06/2012 02:56PM by lifetruetome.

Posted by: treefern ()
Date: August 06, 2012 03:30PM

lifetruetome you have expressed my fears for women going to UM and listening to Serge, beautifully.....thank you!

What worries me even more is that Serge seems to be able to change his mind at the smell of sounding really stupid. What if a woman who listened to Serge say something dumb one day missed hearing him backstep the next day and kept up with the original dangerous practice?

There was an email sent out to UM followers by a woman no less, recently who called all the women back to the "brotherhood" and something about all the "brothers" having to stick together! I felt quite sick hearing all this, what ever happened to all the hard work the millions of women have done over the years to be treated as equals to men?

I have actually wondered if Serge has so little 'true' and 'honest' regard for women that he can talk about us in such a condesending and derogatory fashion?

Posted by: lifetruetome ()
Date: August 06, 2012 04:28PM

Hear hear Treefern

I was talking to a friend/lover about Universal Medicine (a man) and he said its just ultra conservative. It was a relief to hear that because I knew there was something so true to those words.

Calling women back to the brotherhood I wonder what that is about. I did notice on FB the other day that Serge said something about "sis" and all these women responded with "bro". Really weird stuff to be posting on FB. Its like they are waging a war on everyone else. Not very gentle to us pranic folk.

Even the way when Rebecca08 wrote on this board saying she would pull people into line about being gushy and then all of a sudden everyone is allowed to be gushy. So its ok for women to be emotional over Serge but not over anything else?

Your comment at the end

I have actually wondered if Serge has so little 'true' and 'honest' regard for women that he can talk about us in such a condesending and derogatory fashion?end

yes this is true. I think of all the women who have burned their bras, yelled and screamed to get the vote, enjoyed sex and Serge comes along and takes away anything that is remotely exciting and fun!! not to mention good old chocolate, and yes you can get dark organic chocolate and its meant to be quite good for you in moderation :)

Posted by: Morpheus ()
Date: August 06, 2012 11:09PM

Yes Treefern and Lifetruetome, it is really strange how Serge has everything set up for women isnt it? there are no mens groups or Esoteric Mens meetings. He doesnt talk about mens bodies and their penises in a postive way or as being sacred or special. They dont seem to get problems from women groping them in a sexual way, which does happen. It is all about how the women are victims of men and men are somehow to blame, and they are told how they should be softer, more in the feminiity, Its all very creepy. If you think of that alone it is no wonder that women in UM end up splitting from their men. It is as if Serge is focusing on the women for his own benefit, like he wants to be the only special man in their lives. something to think about.

Posted by: HerbertKane178 ()
Date: August 07, 2012 12:00PM

Further reporting from The Medical Observer:

"PUBLIC health leaders have called for tougher and more consistent regulation of unregistered alternative therapy providers but appeared split on whether more pre-emptive policing is needed to protect sometimes desperate and vulnerable consumers."

Full article below

http://www.medicalobserver.com.au/poll/unregistered-alternative

(Reasons for edit - my rather poor typing skills and inability to use the "link function" correctly!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/07/2012 12:08PM by HerbertKane178.

Posted by: lovingsister ()
Date: August 08, 2012 12:02PM

trackandfield
Hi everyone,

Just thought I'd let you know that I've been in touch with several media outlets who are looking to speak to people with experiences of UM who can provide a more accurate picture than the one currently being provided by the SB PR assault. I myself have been asked for an interview because of personal experiences I have had of Serge and UM practitioners encouraging me to reject conventional medical solutions to a serious health condition in favor of 'esoteric' treatment, which prolonged my problems and prevented an early diagnosis which may have prevented the further development of my disease. Unfortunately however I am not in a position to give a personal interview at the moment, but if anyone is willing to do so Channel 7 in Australia are planning a large TV report, so send me a PM if you would be willing to talk to them. Several other journalists are also planning to release articles very soon, and I'm sure they would welcome all the information they can get. Anything which shows the falsity of UM's claims that they do not tell people what to do with their diets or exercise, or that they do not reject doctors and conventional medicine would be highly valuable.

Thanks!

Hi trackandfield,

Thank you for posting this message and I hope that anyone that has been touched negatively by Serge and UM are brave enough to come forward with their stories for the world to hear and hopefully help those who are stuck in this cult. Please contact Channel 7 as I would love to see a more accurate depiction of UM rather than Serge's pathetic attempt at getting in first with his lies.

Trackandfield, I hope that you have had some luck enlightening your parents and siblings however I know it will be near impossible at the moment as they seem to all be banding together even more ..... if that's possible. My thoughts are with you.

I know personally my sister has been increasing her visits to UM since the initial story broke. No doubt it is going to cost her and her famliy ridiculous amounts of money to get through this difficult time. Again, win win for Serge.

Posted by: treefern ()
Date: August 09, 2012 09:30AM

lovingsister there is no way and will never be a way for a win win for Serge.

He could only ever win if he was remembered as a man of integrity who fought for humanity, not as someone who will be always remembered as an 'alleged' Cult leader, and a well documented business man with the intention of 'making money'.

Morpheus is right. There are many more ways to be unfaithfull than physical. Women having a fantasy man in their life, is an emotional affair and what an ego trip that must be, hundreds of faithful women!

I have no more time in my life to waste on UM or indeed Serge Benhayon. I'm off for a coffee and yummy chocolate cake, will be thinking of you lifetruetome and enjoying every moment!

I LIVE in Love and Joy and wish the same for all, not only to the wonderful loving and supportive contributors of this site who have all in some way gone through so much pain and sadness, but also to the regular UM visitors you may not realize it but you too have our love and support and always have.

Posted by: Sandman ()
Date: August 09, 2012 07:53PM

An interesting thread. I'm wondering if Serge Benhayon has expressed any overtly political views and if so what form do they take?

Current Page: 77 of 169

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.