Current Page: 62 of 169
Re: Universal medicine
Posted by: HerbertKane178 ()
Date: July 20, 2012 11:55AM

That's a really good find Frodo. It's good to see media groups now taking an interest in Universal Medicine too.

frodobaggins
Hi All

I did a fresh google of " universal medicine cult" to see what else was out there and stumbled accross this medical magazine - Medical Observer. Link below but have also posted the full story. It would appear that a feature is going to be written on it next week.

[www.medicalobserver.com.au]

THE Health Care Complaints Commission (HCCC) of NSW has been asked to investigate an alleged “cult” led by a former tennis coach turned “esoteric” healer amid accusations the group urges followers not to exercise, not to eat most foods and not to see a registered doctor if they are ill.
Universal Medicine, based in Lismore in northern NSW – and believed to have 400 members, mostly women – is also accused of telling people their health predicaments are the result of wrongdoing in a past life.
Other alleged practices include “esoteric breast massage”, which members are told can prevent cancer; anti-cancer “ovary readings” performed by a practitioner with no formal qualifications; and having patients sit on postcard-size drawings, at $20 each, to prevent illness.
While most of its practitioners are not registered professionals, MO has been told those who are registered allegedly encourage members to seek GP referral for Medicare treatment plans to pay for sessions.
MO spoke to one woman who started a Medicare treatment plan for six physiotherapy sessions at Universal for a back condition.
She said while her Universal physio claimed her health was improving from “craniosacral pulse” therapy, her GP ordered tests that found she had cancer.
The woman, who asked not to be named, said her HCCC complaint alleges Universal “is just simply not capable of diagnosing, and that [its clients] should be referred on to a doctor”. “But they say doctors will make you sicker than you already are,” she said.
The organisation’s leader Serge Benhayon, who says he coached elite athletes before turning to alternative therapy, strongly denied he was anti-medicine, saying Universal urged unsatisfied or concerned clients to seek a medical opinion and that all allegations were either false or taken out of context. He encouraged “gentle” exercise, denied running a cult and told MO he had no followers, only paying clients. “I am super pro medicine,” Mr Benhayon said.
However, a local man, who said his marriage ended over his wife’s devotion to Universal, said his “main concern is that they are actually a cult”. “I would like to see an inquiry into… the veracity of what they’re promoting,” he said.
GP Dr Sue Page, based in nearby Lennox Head, urged rural GPs to ask patients about relationships, as the breakdown of the family unit was leaving people, particularly women, open to groups based on “touch” and self-affirmation.
“In an area [with limited access to conventional medical] services, if you don’t ask these questions, who will?” she said.
The HCCC would not comment but said practitioners could face a tribunal while it could only “recommend” an organisation to comply with professional codes of conduct.
Next week: Universal Medicine, the Inside Story

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: frodobaggins ()
Date: July 20, 2012 12:44PM

Here is a useful link of an organsation that has started in Australia. I think it would be worthwhile sending them an email and becoming a friend because as i understand it the more "friends" the more weight they have when they lobby governments for regulations to be made. I have spoken to them and they are very passionate about this cause. I have made them aware of Universal Medicine and it was good to hear that already know of them and its this kind of thing they are trying to stop

Friends of Science in Medicine [www.scienceinmedicine.org.au]

This is what their home page has to say

WELCOME FROM THE PRESIDENT OF FRIENDS OF SCIENCE IN MEDICINE

Welcome to our website. We hope you visit often. Our Association was formed at the end of 2011 out of concern about the increasing number of dubious interventions, not supported by credible scientific evidence, now on offer to Australians.

Of immediate concern was the inclusion by a number of our universities (and other tertiary institutes) of ‘pseudosciences’ in their health science courses, in some cases preparing graduates to practise them. This trend provides totally undeserved credibility for useless, and sometimes dangerous, approaches to healthcare.

We informed the scientific and clinical communities of the establishment of Friends of Science in Medicine (FSM) and sought support. We were overwhelmed with encouragement, from home and abroad. As of June 2012, we have more than 700 scientists, clinicians, lawyers and consumer advocates, listed herein, as supporters. We have no links to any industry.

While suspect university courses gave us the impetus to form, pseudoscientific healthcare itself concerns us. Fortunately, it is also beginning to concern those who fund and monitor it. So we are expanding our role to do what we can to ensure that Australians have access to interventions and medicines backed by evidence of their clinical effectiveness and to prevent our taxes being wasted in funding spurious treatments, many of which have been proven to be ineffective.

Modern Medicine is committed to a model of care providing patients with interventions supported by scientific evidence of effectiveness. On the other hand, we believe that misleading, often fraudulent, 'Complementary and Alternative' interventions (CAM), not subjected to scientific scrutiny, might compromise, rather than improve, the health of many patients.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/20/2012 01:08PM by frodobaggins.

Posted by: MacReady ()
Date: July 20, 2012 01:08PM

Thanks for all this info, Frodo. No doubt Serge is very excited about all this attention too since (as Rebecca stated), he is not hiding, and he has been wanting to debate the alleged science behind his 'ancient wisdom' with experts for some time now.

Date: July 20, 2012 01:50PM

Perhaps it's fitting that Friends In Science And Medicine have Leonardo da Vinci's 'Vitruvian Man' on their homepage:
[www.scienceinmedicine.org.au]

Serge can explain to them that he drew that in a previous incarnation. ;-).

Date: July 20, 2012 05:26PM

MacReady
Perhaps it's fitting that Friends In Science And Medicine have Leonardo da Vinci's 'Vitruvian Man' on their homepage:

I think he drew the one on the right...

Date: July 20, 2012 07:19PM

I am laughing really hard at that CP!

COncerned Partner
MacReady

Posted by: corboy ()
Date: July 20, 2012 10:11PM

"Gum Disease is usually painless Like many chronic diseases, periodontitis is usually painless and the individual may have no idea of its extent or severity.

Like many chronic diseases, periodontitis is usually painless and the individual may have no idea of its extent or severity... Gum Disease is usually painless

Like many chronic diseases, periodontitis is usually painless and the individual may have no idea of its extent or severity.Like many chronic diseases, periodontitis is usually painless and the individual may have no idea of its extent or severity
. "

I go to the dentist faithfully.

I remained cavity free so long as I brushed with flouridated toothpaste. (Having good genes helps too)

The dentist had told me each visit, 'You're doing great'

Then, for a year and a half, like an idiot, I thought I would save money and brushed my teeth with ordinary soap. (You get used to it)

Went to the dentist after 18 months, he took an X ray, and yelped. I had a cavity and it was so large that, had it gone unattended for another month would have hit the pulp of the tooth and required a root canal.

and we are learning that occult inflammation from bad gums can aggravate artery inflammation and acclerate coronary artery disease.

More about what unattended teeth can do to people.

Infected teeth can shed bacteria into the blood stream and infect heart valves, leading to deformations.

This article is about US veterans, many of whom are homeless and have had years without dental care.

A program called Stand Down is recognizing the importance of providing dental care and the men are flocking to it.

Here are descriptions of what can happen if dental health is neglected for years at a time.

When a veteran's teeth go bad, it can exacerbate a variety of health conditions and even lead to life-threatening heart problems, said Razmi, a Navy commander. Bad teeth can also trigger depression and a sense of hopelessness, she said.

"Many of them have not had dental exams for 15 years or more and their mouths are full of abscesses and pus," she said. "Their conditions are often very complicated, and they have been in pain for a long time."

By early afternoon on Friday, the dentists and technicians had seen 80 patients. Dentists were busy helping patients on four reclining chairs, providing X-rays, exams, and, most frequently, extractions.

Jason B, 32, an Army veteran hurt in a rollover vehicle accident, had waited months to have troublesome teeth pulled. The pain has added to his anxiety and sleeplessness.

Bobby G , 55, a Navy veteran, who has been living in a public park in Escondido, was proud that his front teeth are still good. "But the back ones are going, going, gone," he said

Jack Pl, 54, an Army veteran, told the dentists that he's been losing weight rapidly because his teeth hurt too badly to eat.

[webcache.googleusercontent.com]

More

[webcache.googleusercontent.com]

7. Localized moderate gum disease (periodontitis) The gums are swollen, bleed easily, and have detached from the teeth forming pockets. The inflammation and infection has spread into the connective tissue and led to loss of bone around the lower front teeth.The gums are swollen, bleed easily, and have detached from the teeth forming pockets. The inflammation and infection has spread into the connective tissue and led to loss of bone around the lower front teeth.

8. Localized Severe Periodontitis A radiographic example of localized severe bone loss around a lower molar. Periodontitis can be localized….A radiographic example of localized severe bone loss around a lower molar. Periodontitis can be localized….

9. Severe chronic anaerobic periodontal infection ..or severe enough that extraction of the remaining teeth is indicated...or severe enough that extraction of the remaining teeth is indicated.

10. Gum Disease is usually painless Like many chronic diseases, periodontitis is usually painless and the individual may have no idea of its extent or severity.Like many chronic diseases, periodontitis is usually painless and the individual may have no idea of its extent or severity.

11. Prevalence of periodontitis: Conservative estimate, US adults with teeth: 22%- mild form 13%- moderate to severe form The Third National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey (NHANES III). The good news is that only 5-15% develop severe generalized periodontitis. The Third National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey (NHANES III). The good news is that only 5-15% develop severe generalized periodontitis.

12. What causes periodontitis? Gum Disease is usually painless Like many chronic diseases, periodontitis is usually painless and the individual may have no idea of its extent or severity.Like many chronic diseases, periodontitis is usually painless and the individual may have no idea of its extent or severity.

Date: July 21, 2012 05:08AM

HerbertKane178
I am laughing really hard at that CP!

COncerned Partner
MacReady

Touché!

In all seriousness, I think the one on the right is a more accurate portrayal of the effect Serge's deceptions are having on his followers and their loved ones.

Date: July 22, 2012 12:07AM

[m.smh.com.au]

Very good article on Serge Benhayon and Universal Medicine from the Sydney Morning Herald.

Date: July 22, 2012 06:26AM

HerbertKane178
http://m.smh.com.au/nsw/cult-cures-on-medicare-20120721-22gsn.html

Very good article on Serge Benhayon and Universal Medicine from the Sydney Morning Herald.

Wow. Thanks for the heads up, Herb.

Quote:

"A handful of people say what we have here is a cult. What if I can bring 2000 people to say it's not?''

- Serge Benhayon.

Please bring those 2000 people, Serge, and let's examine the some of the beliefs you have fed them:

- that you are the re-incarnation of Plato, Pythagoras, Da Vinci and Alice A. Bailey.

- that you are 'The One' sent from Shamballa on behalf of The Hierarchy to initiate the New Era, a time cycle of 2600 years.

- that you are the sole arbiter of divine truth on this planet, and that every other belief system is a path to illusion.

- that their are four disincanated spirits known ad The Four Lords of Form that rule over legions of astral entities
which periodically enter and possess human beings.

- that you have control over these entities and can put them into human subjects and then remove them.

- that you can see what your students souls look like and provide them with a printed image of their souls.

- that you have 'brought through' from The Hierarchy a series of magical symbols that can assist students with
healing various ailments.

- that you can provide extensive long distance healing (the preliminary to Sacred Esoteric Healing Level 3) no matter
which part of the world the student is in.

- that you know who and where Elvis Presley's re-incarnation is.

- that you tell your students that they studied 'ancient wisdom' in Atlantis, beneath the great pyramid in ancient Egypt or in the Cathar sect.

- that Mermaids actually existed.

- that Prana is an identifiable energy force, but the traditional Hindu understanding of it is 100% incorrect, thus you are the only person in history to correctly teach on the subject.

- that certain foods trap Prana in the body.

- that deities such Sanat Kumara and the Lord Maitreya actually exist, and you are their sole representative on Earth.

- that murder, rape, cancer, disease etc are all just karmic corrections stemming from choices and actions people have made over numerous lifetimes.

It would be most interesting, Serge, to hear thousands of peole testify to the above, while simultaneously claiming UM is not a cult based around you and the ridiculous belief system you have cobbled together. More interesting though, would be hearing how they react to the knowledge that you have stated on the record that 'you don't believe for a minute that you were Leonardo Da Vinci':
[m.brisbanetimes.com.au]

Considering your claims of genius incarnate and reincarnation in general are central to the UM doctrine, and you have now essentially admitted for the world to see that you were LYING, what 'energetic integrity' could your pathetic belief system possibly hold?

Current Page: 62 of 169

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.