Current Page: 49 of 169
Re: Universal medicine
Posted by: corboy ()
Date: June 28, 2012 08:20PM

Ultra rigorious diet can change and in some cases limit social horizons.

Think how many of us have to modify our social patterns if we find we must go on a diet for heart health or diabetes control, or weight loss - the extra mental energy it takes to figure out ways to deal with temptation when at parties, etc.

But at least for medical and athletic diets, one doesnt have the weight of the cosmos on one's shoulders.

But if a diet has a salvation dimension, and worse, if rules for this special purification diet are constantly being changed by the leader who advises the diet, this adds an added dimension of stress.

Here for comparison is someone's description of being on a different type of diet that centered on a leader.

In this case, it was a diet meant to avoid toxins, rather than to avoid or protect against 'pranic energy'.

[webcache.googleusercontent.com]

The paradox of my experiment with the Primal Diet is that while it was undoubtedly triggered, at least in part, by the fact that I was living surrounded by people who were pursuing it to one degree or another with some degree of success, the most dedicated and extreme practitioners were definitely socially isolative to a degree even beyond the dysfunctional raw vegan.

There was a high degree of paranoia about anything to do with the toxins of modern life, sometimes a bravado'd machismo of exhibitionist consumption of raw meat (which grosses out a lot of people who eat meat themselves)and a general intense avoidance of anything that might be 'toxic,' from soap to high-powered blenders (AV recommends the osterizer-type with a narrow mouth jar screwed on, which he says reduces oxidation.)

This is certainly one way to deal with the problem of a toxic world, but it sharply curtails one's active participation in life and compassion for other people.

A problem that I see with the approach is that it is so entirely reliant upon Aajonus. I applaud Aajonus' efforts to promote the availability of raw dairy products and awareness of environmental toxins in conventional foods, but perhaps because he hardly sells any products, his consultations are very pricey indeed. Whilst he claims that each individual's consultation is finely geared to their own specific needs (which he discerns partly by taking a history, partly by iridology and partly by intuition), comparing different people's recommendations with what I received myself showed me rather little difference, which diminishes the credibility.

It should also be noted that dramatic healing crises are often experienced in response to the heavy onslaught of raw animal products and green juices. I knew people who were sick for months at a time. In some cases, there was an official diagnosis of parasitic infection associated with raw meat, but Aajonus would tell the person that in fact they were working toxic mercury out through their system and needed to keep doing what they were doing and were getting cleaner and healthier. Starts to sound like 'justification by faith.'

Whilst a healing crisis can be a powerful thing, practitioners of the diet can expect to be laid out for months to achieve it, and are so thoroughly warned off any other form of medical intervention that they are solely dependent on Aajonus for what to do.

In other ways, too, the diet can become pretty much a full time job, between sourcing and preparing all the foods, being sick a lot and actually eating them! He has you eating every 2-3 hours (which actually turns out to be good for me, just not in the quantities that he prescribes) and often the food that you eat needs to be prepared right then.

To speak a little of my personal physical experience, my experiment was pretty brief: I entered a relationship with someone who is not interested in special diets or remotely into raw foods, and moved far away from the area.

I ended up eating cooked food again, including some animal products, and am gradually finding my way back to live foods through my experiences.

In some ways, it has been very useful for me to have this experience, to see how my body really does respond to certain products rather than just ruling stuff out arbitrarily (as I had been doing before). I discovered that raw eggs and raw goat dairy felt good to me, but cow dairy, even raw, does not at all. I discovered that I am drawn to organ meats but not muscle meats (and now, heading back towards live foods and seeing that I'm a 'fast oxidizer,' that makes sense because of the need for purines). When I was doing the diet initially, I had a huge upsurge in energy, and built muscle in a way that I had never been able to do in my life. I put on weight, some of which was probably a good thing, having been emaciated for many years (although I'm no longer sure I buy AV's contention that everyone needs to carry excess weight in order to be shielded from toxins), but more than I needed to or was comfortable with, and had a hard time (and an unwelcome return to anorexic thinking) losing it.

The most valuable thing about being inducted into omnivory in this way was the converse of what I mentioned at the beginning about social isolation and lack of compassion.... I feel much more connected to animals now - and even to plants too - and have much more genuine compassion and understanding of why other people choose to eat the ways that they choose, which makes social interactions where food is involved easier, no matter what I'm choosing to eat.

As far as AV's diet goes, though, grateful as I am to him for his work on environmental/ecological issues, I am not ready to join the cult, nor to take on the kind of full-time job of feeding myself that he offers.

Click here to read or post comments
This is from a discussion of another diet--30 bananas a day.

[forum.culteducation.com]

A note on raw vegan diets and social consequences

On the other hand, many rawists eventually tire of the hassle of explaining their diet, and/or lack the social skills to handle inquiries about their diet, due to immaturity in some cases, and lunch-identification--the process of identifying with one's lunch--in other cases.

(See Functional and Dysfunctional Lunch-Attitudes on this site for details.) When that happens, the usual result is that the rawist avoids social events that include food--i.e., most social events. In that situation, the diet can be very socially isolating, and can even promote a negative mentality: "me (raw)" vs. "them (cooked world)," which can promote further isolation. Even worse, when your diet controls your social agenda and social life, then the raw vegan diet is (figuratively) eating you, when it should be the other way around!

In this situation, rawism and raw dogma can be social impediments, and this can be a disincentive to raw (i.e., anti-seduction). One of the things that I personally found very welcome when I discontinued 100% raw and resumed eating some cooked food was how relaxed--and pleasant--social events became, and how much of life I was missing by avoiding social events because the food (vegetarian, by the way) was "cooked."
Basically, you should set the social agenda, and not surrender that part of your life to the dictates of narrow, simplistic dietary dogma.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: MacReady ()
Date: June 29, 2012 01:27PM

Another site questioning UM goes down. Andrea Cione's blog has been removed:
[sergebenhayon.blogspot.com.au]

Posted by: treefern ()
Date: June 29, 2012 04:05PM

MacReady

Tut...tut, Serge.
What ever happened to transparency?
Every time I have an opportunity to recommend this site I do and with "gusto' for it has been this site and this site alone that gave my husband the honest information he needed to hear, to be able to think clearly and remove himself from the 'word speak' of UM.
He now in turn is recommending this site to any of the UM followers who are questioning the nonsense that comes out the the Benhayon Family's mouths.
Luckily you will never be able to shut this blog site down...thank you Rick Ross.

Posted by: John lazuras ()
Date: June 29, 2012 04:25PM

Thanks corboy,

A lady that i know who is strongly in UM, follows all the teachings of UM to a very strict way especially the diet side.

She constantly raves about how good UM is and how it makes her feel GOOD, but when i look at her all i see is a very sick person who needs a good feed of substance. ( maybe some steak, some diary and some gluten).

She has very thin hair, bad skin and is very skinny and in recent times has been sick.

Though she is a devoted UM believer and states that if you follow UM teachings that you will not need modern medical treatments. But guess what - in recent times she had to visit the doctor to get help with her illness.

For all of us who have a close partner attached to UM what a frustration it is when you eat out ......no dairy........no gluten.........no caffeine....there food range is very limited. I see people associated with UM eating rice crackers and tuna every day for lunch because this is all they can eat.

What a poor life they lead following Serges teachings on diets and foods they can eat.

corboy
Ultra rigorious diet can change and in some cases limit social horizons.

Think how many of us have to modify our social patterns if we find we must go on a diet for heart health or diabetes control, or weight loss - the extra mental energy it takes to figure out ways to deal with temptation when at parties, etc.

But at least for medical and athletic diets, one doesnt have the weight of the cosmos on one's shoulders.

But if a diet has a salvation dimension, and worse, if rules for this special purification diet are constantly being changed by the leader who advises the diet, this adds an added dimension of stress.

Date: June 29, 2012 06:26PM

MacReady

[sergebenhayoninvestigation.blogspot.com]

hi MacReady, never fear Andrea is here. I dont know what happened but found it with a little searching.

Date: June 29, 2012 07:37PM

COncerned Partner
MacReady

[sergebenhayoninvestigation.blogspot.com]

hi MacReady, never fear Andrea is here. I dont know what happened but found it with a little searching.

Thank you, Concerned. Glad to see it was just a false alarm.

Date: June 29, 2012 07:50PM

I noticed Andrea's blog has undergone a slight name change, so I guess she shut the old one down and carried the posted material over to the new site.

Posted by: Eric Dobbs ()
Date: June 30, 2012 10:21PM

Greetings lovers of the PRANIC,and a special thanks to" Knowledge is King" for your last post . As a professional who has spent 40 years in the performing arts, and also as an educator at tertiary level, I am deeply offended by Serge Benhayon's and Chris James's unfounded judgement of "Classical Music". In their condemnation , they refer to this music as "poisonous and nasty". I want to ask them how much of any music have they listened to. Do they realize that Classical Music has a very broad output ranging from the medieval to the baroque to classical to romantic to the contemporary and encompassing many many genres and national styles. If Chris James had ever bothered to educate himself he would have discovered that just about all the harmonic language he uses in his output was derived from 500 years of Western Art Music !!! So what does this philistine organization Universal Medicine offer as a substitute - the "energetically responsible" Benhayon Duo and Chris James .Now I don't know about you, but two minutes of any of this anti-music and i'm ready to walk in front of a moving bus.I think they are seeking to dumb the world down to their level of cultural and artistic ignorance and then cash in . It seems to me to be a business run by Bogans of the first degree. -Eric Dobbs

Date: July 01, 2012 09:27AM

Despite Serge's assurances that all music (outside of that produced by UM students) is loaded with prana and carries the harmful energies of those who produce it, it's amusing to note that the work of Elvis Presley is exempt from this condemnation, and is embraced by many within the UM community. That's right, despite the copious drug abuse, relentless consumption of terribly unhealthy food and the raunchy (for the time) nature of the material, the King of Rock 'n' Roll is deemed 'esoteric' by UM thinking. According to Serge (who claims to know who and where Elvis' reincarnation is), Presley cleared his karma when passing over to his current earthly existence, which somehow managed to clear all the undesirable energy that his decadent lifestyle channelled into his music. It would be interesting to know whether Serge was an Elvis fan before he re-invented himself as a member of the Heirarchy; it would go considerable distance to explaining why a performer whose lifestyle was so utterly at odds with that of UM teaching gets Serge's approval and is thus accepted as 'esoteric' by his followers.

Date: July 01, 2012 10:27AM

I think Michael Jackson and the Beatles have the serge stamp of energetic approval also. Good point macready and eric. On to do list...

Current Page: 49 of 169

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.