Current Page: 47 of 169
Re: Universal medicine
Posted by: MacReady ()
Date: June 25, 2012 04:55AM

Hi Corboy,

Shamballa indeed features in Serge's fantasy world:

[www.lighthouse-uk.com]

From memory he refers to it as Heaven, or at least the place where the Hierarchy hang out. Since he's now claiming to be a member of the Hierarchy (he used to just claim to be receiving impulses from them) it would follow that he's essentially claiming he's been there. He told students at one workshop that 'in Heaven, during meetings, Angels sit on their heads in an attempt to keep the Monads from being so serious'. Nobody batted an eyelid or questioned the claim, they just laughed and accepted it as a divine fact, a revelation from the great guru who has first-hand knowledge of what goes on in Heaven.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: corboy ()
Date: June 25, 2012 05:45AM

Hmm...Shamballa is like tea.

Everyone has a different understanding of what a proper cup of tea is, and how to make it.

Date: June 25, 2012 08:57AM

Hi Corboy

thanks for great post about Shamballa- I guess what we can take from it is that it is SHAM- balla.
I really wish that the students would bother to read something for themselves so they can see the fantasy world that Serge is living in.

He appears to be ramping up the rhetoric and the stakes all the time.

It turns out at his recent retreats he revealed he has been sent from Shamballa to save mankind. Up to now he has been alluding that 'someone' has been sent- not him, he was only presenting information- but now of course, it is him ( I bet the students all went. " I guessed that all along....wow!)
The students now refer to him as the "master incarnate"- it was not long ago he was simply like us, presenting information. He must be loving it.
It turns out his children are also re-incarnations of famous world figures- naturally, how could they be just like the rest of us who were presumably peasants and cannon fodder in our last pitiful lives. It would be interesting to see a family tree of the Benhayon incarnations.

I am wondering why Serge doesnt have a you tube channel like some of the other Masters that are here on earth. That way he could reach more people with his message we all need to hear?

The other thing he could do is pick up the phone and call a news outlet as he needs to get the story out there fast that he is the descended Master. If he is worried he could employ a PR person to make sure the image is presented correctly, as you wouldn't want people being cycnical or dismissive. I guess the good news is that it is such an interesting story and so important for mankind, it won't be long before a news outlet develops their own interest and starts calling. It would be like Superman when he first appeared I guess. The world press clamouring for the first interview or a pic as he swoops to save people from their own stupidity. What a wonderful joyful day that will be.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/25/2012 08:59AM by COncerned Partner.

Posted by: HerbertKane178 ()
Date: June 25, 2012 11:26AM

COncerned Partner
Hi Corboy

thanks for great post about Shamballa- I guess what we can take from it is that it is SHAM- balla.
I really wish that the students would bother to read something for themselves so they can see the fantasy world that Serge is living in.

He appears to be ramping up the rhetoric and the stakes all the time.

It turns out at his recent retreats he revealed he has been sent from Shamballa to save mankind. Up to now he has been alluding that 'someone' has been sent- not him, he was only presenting information- but now of course, it is him ( I bet the students all went. " I guessed that all along....wow!)
The students now refer to him as the "master incarnate"- it was not long ago he was simply like us, presenting information. He must be loving it.
It turns out his children are also re-incarnations of famous world figures- naturally, how could they be just like the rest of us who were presumably peasants and cannon fodder in our last pitiful lives. It would be interesting to see a family tree of the Benhayon incarnations.

I am wondering why Serge doesnt have a you tube channel like some of the other Masters that are here on earth. That way he could reach more people with his message we all need to hear?

The other thing he could do is pick up the phone and call a news outlet as he needs to get the story out there fast that he is the descended Master. If he is worried he could employ a PR person to make sure the image is presented correctly, as you wouldn't want people being cycnical or dismissive. I guess the good news is that it is such an interesting story and so important for mankind, it won't be long before a news outlet develops their own interest and starts calling. It would be like Superman when he first appeared I guess. The world press clamouring for the first interview or a pic as he swoops to save people from their own stupidity. What a wonderful joyful day that will be.

Seems to me with this ramping up of rhetoric/claims that he is heading for his own glorious self destruction. As the claims become more outlandish it's sure to alienate new recruits, people who are really looking for self improvement and guidance etc, not someone with a God complex and a seemingly tenuous grasp of reality.

I also agree the media spotlight will be shining on UM before too long. I think it will be very illuminating...

Date: June 25, 2012 12:23PM

If Serge is indeed now claiming to be the saviour of mankind, the he needs to revise his books and edit the EDG audio downloads, because in both cases he has repeatedly and emphatically declared to his students that physically speaking, 'nobody is coming to save you'. The whole point of 'doing the work' has been that the students are essentially their own saviours, and that by dedicating themselves to the so-called 'Livingness' they raise themselves energetically and eventually when they've reached the desired state (whatever that is) they join the Lord Maitreaya (the Christ energy?) or some such nonsense and then return to the body of God (Sanat Kumara) instead of suffering through another earthly incarnation.

Sounds like as the pressure increases and more criticism and exposure is directed toward UM, the 'master incarnate' is unravelling. If that's the case I don't know how he thinks he'd fare in an actual public debate with scientists and skeptics. They're hardly going to be any less critical of his fairy-tale claims than anybody here.

Date: June 25, 2012 12:56PM

On the other hand, if he is the saviour (or even if he just thinks he is), I look forward to seeing his message to mankind at the United Nations televised globally for mere mortals the world over to see.

Date: June 25, 2012 05:46PM

Hi MacReady

For the sake of fairness, he may not have said he was here to save mankind in those words. That is a second hand interpretation. He may very well have said he is one of the Hierarchy here to usher in the new Era- however the effect is the same as clearly the object is to elevate man out of his brutish carnal state into the sought after higher body as you point out. In any case, the Students have more or less taken that the mission of Serge is to liberate or save humanity, so the end result is the same.

It does bring me back to the same question to the student however- are they really improving and clearing? The ones I know think they are, but I haven’t seen any evidence of it. More over, they are now more dogmatic, less able to see their own issues than before UM, because everything is seen through the lenses of UM and its doctrine ( of which they think there is none which more or less proves there is a perception issue) I would say the have exactly the same issues as before, but now they use UM as an excuse not to confront them. Those excuses come in the form of UM phrases. ' imposed roles, unsupportive, illusion, making loving choices, abusive, bad energy, pranic, astral, channeling, constellating, jealous, resisting the truth, not in-truth, etc...' Sorry to say, I find it hard to imagine that any of the students are advancing to avoiding another life, or ten, with Serge at the helm,... (like Jack Sparrow, cock eyed and gazing a-stern as the ship careers towards the reef, the students his crew chanting"aye-aye captain" and hoisting the main-sail)

This is exacerbated by Serge because in his wisdom he is careless in how he doles out advice- He reminds me of someone (Capt, Jack comes to mind again for some reason) who wandered into a hospital posing as a doctor charged with brain surgery. He tells students about past lives without any thought of how that might affect their thinking and choices in the now ( and I have seen the space out as a result) He tells parents about children’s past lives ( affecting their parenting and how they deal with their child’s issues) and so forth. Students recount his advice without any question as to its efficacy. I have not seen a positive impact from any of these stories which he tells them, seemingly unaware or uncaring of the psychological ramifications of his 'readings'

I guess he has established his credentials in their minds with his fantastic run of incarnations, and now his claim of being from the fictitious Shamballa and the glorious company of dead guru's removes any doubts they may have stupidly harbored to now. (hmmm, I wonder if any of his students have ended up in the psyche ward??? )

But alas, I guess I am just an insanely jealous angry person using this blog to check out from not being intruth with Serge's wisdom.
insanely....jealous... strange. As Shakespeare observed, ' The guru doth protest too much, methinks"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/25/2012 05:58PM by COncerned Partner.

Posted by: corboy ()
Date: June 25, 2012 09:20PM

There is a new film out. The director impersonated an Indian guru to see if anyone would believe in him.

The answer was yes.

The entire article is full of interesting stuff. But at one point Vikram Gandhi, in his guru garb, went to Sedona Arizona, an area in the US similar to Byron Bay, OZ, or Totnes, Devon (UK)

[www.moviemaker.com]

Vikram Gandhi describes himself and his initial supporters--the friends who were the members of his film crew. He suggests that their presence may have lent him crediblity.

There is a fine line between a raving lunatic and spiritual leader. It is those first believers that turn a delusion of grandeur into a feasible worldview. In my case, my first believers were my producers. Luckily they were my old friends and business partners. Bryan was my classmate in Indo-Tibetan philosophy class in college. I was writing about the intersection of physics and Kashmir Shaivism, Bryan about Buddhist deities and Freud. Brendan had been an improv actor in a comedy troupe and a was master of all things production. We all worked at the television station in college on comedy programming. We were a Hindu, a Catholic and a Jew, all disgruntled by the illusions around us and driven by similar reasons. While the film features me, it is about all of us. And we want it to resonate with everyone.

Bryan and Brendan knew my flaws and my strengths perhaps better than I. They encouraged me to take improv classes, become a refined yoga practitioner, speak clearly and hone my message. Because they were educated with the same academics and laughed at the same jokes, the vision soon became our communal vision. Their initial belief in me was what allowed me to dress up like a crazy man and not feel like one.

After that, we were capable of building a team without a script or any guarantees. We got a producer who worked with Sacha Baron Cohen and had studied religion like us. After, each new person came to the table with their own motivations, drawn from their own personal experience.

Everyone took a leap of faith to join this crazy experiment because other people had been bold enough to.

For a brief moment, Kumaré the Production was a religious movement.

***Perhaps the students we met in the film were open to Kumaré because they admired his believers, i.e., my film crew.

There we are. You love your girlfriend or admire a mentor. If that girlfriend or mentor says she or he is a disciple of Guru X, that admiration for a friend can become by extension, a trust in that friends guru, before one even consents to go to a workshop.

My six-person team and I, as the revered Sri Kumaré, spent months rolling around Arizona meeting characters who professed to have all sorts of wisdom.

We had Easter with a New Age Christian priestess who was married to an Elvis impersonator, channeled Siddhartha Gautama in her backyard and gave aura readings for a small fee. We ran into a Sanskrit scholar of great academic acclaim in a Vortex surrounded by a fleet of disciples. I talked to a psychic who guessed my birthday upon my entering his consultation room—and said I was there to lay judgment on the world around me.

And these encounters are all in a two-hour stop for lunch in Sedona

Then, they met a particular person who sounds like an American version of SB

On one journey into the desert, I met a spiritual leader named Gabriel of Urantia. To me, Gabriel lacked any detectable charisma. Yet he ruled over a vast utopian community of a hundred people who believed themselves a “cosmic family” of intergalactic descendents reunited on a farm by the Mexican border. They each had a D&D-esque name, like Amadon or Centria, bestowed upon them by their leader. For the people on the inside, “Living in the fourth dimension,” this man had the answers to the big questions of humanity. To me, a lowly 3-D outsider, his tale seemed too genre, almost cartoonish—alien abduction, divine voices, great epiphanies. To Kumaré, he was an ingenious storyteller. We all had the same question: How had he built this tiny empire? How did he get people to believe him—or, rather, in him?

As the story goes, about 10 years ago, Nancy, a statuesque and eloquent woman, decided that this man was indeed channeling the celestial deity Paladin. Why or how she interpreted his fantastic incantations for cosmic authority is beyond me. But she did. She moved into a trailer park with him. Tony from Pittsburgh renamed himself Gabriel of the planet Urantia (also known as Earth) and renamed his bride Niann. She soon found herself inviting new followers into their yurts. After that, it’s not hard to see how people could align themselves with the enigmatic pair.

Their lives were inspired by a higher vision and direction, i.e., purpose and a narrative structure.

Few people have these. If she believes, why wouldn’t I?

and

Gabriel, a cinephile and film critic, was himself in many ways an amazing director. His vision is as expansive as that of any great storyteller. He mastered making life imitate art. He created a new seductive version of reality based on communal, eco-conscious living. I loved it there. And people loved Kumaré back.

The world Gabriel had created was epic, not because of the Hobbit houses that the residents of Urantia lived in, but because it functioned on a sublime narrative that kept all his residents excited and inspired. Every day they worked on the commune, and then every night they read the next chapter from the multi-volume The Urantia Book, their holy text. He was a master at telling a story, a modern-day Scheherazade. Story keeps people happy; it creates order and purpose.

But Gabriel was by no means perfect. Over our time together, he often forgot historic details of his own life: His kids’ names, the order of their births, the details of his “secret” alien abduction (which is clearly made public in the forward to his book).

His council of elders were quick to correct and narrate the story for him. Once Gabriel admitted to instating a vegetarian diet for the community while in his own quarters would often succumb to his craving for Italian meatballs. (Perhaps there is still a little Tony from Pittsburgh left in him.)

But all of this is forgivable. Perhaps he is just doing the best he can for the world he’s created. And maybe he does communicate with the celestial being Paladin. I’ve learned not to lay judgment.

Religions, like films, are the sum of their parts and built on the work of many. They attract us more because of a seductive narrative arc than any logical truth. Kumaré the guru was merely a prop at the center of Kumaré the religion and Kumaré the film. The film is way bigger than him, or me. It was only built because the first believers got behind a vision.

Date: June 26, 2012 06:00AM

For anyone in the UM organization potentially reading this:

No individual or organization claiming to offer only the 'Truth' would EVER discourage followers from reading and considering information that offers critical and/or alternative points of view. If Serge is warning students not to read this thread then it seems he is the one concerned about being 'exposed' rather than being the sole 'exposer' of all that he deems false or 'Illusion'.

On the following Facebook page:
[m.facebook.com]
I noticed that a UM adherent offered a critique of Rick Ross himself as a counter-argument to the content of this very thread. The problem is, Rick Ross neither started this thread nor has contributed anything substantial to it beyond a handful of minor moderation comments.

The bulk of the material presented here is offered by people with at least some first-hand exposure to UM activities and its core belief system, or at the very least have seen the detrimental effects these have had on a loved one.

If Serge was the sole arbiter of Truth he seemingly claims to be, he would be actively encouraging UM students to read this thread. He would encourage open discussion of it at workshops, answering any and all questions it has raised in the minds (or 'inner-hearts') of those who read it. He would invite students to consider the points raised here and to 'ponder upon' whether they have in fact gone through a process of completely giving their power away to a
subtly manipulative and all-controlling guru, or simply found their true selves, which is what UM claims to offer those who adhere to its practices and doctrines.

UM states that it encourages people to decide for themselves whether or not what Serge is presenting is true.

[www.universalmedicine.com.au]

The page above states that 'to be able to truly choose should be the entire and forever right of the individual' and
claims that UM offers 'the highest level of transparency available to its students'.

Truth doesn't need to be protected by censorship or legal action. It can withstand criticism and investigation. By censoring, silencing or otherwise discouraging the consideration of critical viewpoints by UM students, Serge is actively denying his followers 'the freedom to truly choose'.

If Serge can't handle UM students considering the opinions and statements of a handful of concerned friends and relatives, how is he going to handle the public debates he has repeatedly wished that scientists and other intellectuals would challenge him to?

The aspiring student would be wise to ponder on that.

Posted by: treefern ()
Date: June 26, 2012 02:58PM

There certainly appears to be a rumbling within the ranks.
I have been talking 'gently' to some UM escapees, firstly the main concern was just how much influence Serge seems to have on partners leaving long term relationships, in search of 'real love' and to quote one woman, she realized "Serge was a very good business man, knew how to form a family empire and after months within the circle found him to be HEARTLESS and SOUL-LESS". She is happily out and now and working on "saving" her friends.
The other discussion was also from a woman who would love to leave but just "doesn't know how".
Keep up the discussions, we are giving people honest, free and first hand information that does help!
Also the 'likes' on Serges facebook page are probably from the family, aren't they the ones who stand to gain the most from the 'business'?

Current Page: 47 of 169

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.