Current Page: 36 of 169
Re: Universal medicine
Posted by: corboy ()
Date: June 13, 2012 10:16PM

Friends, lets get the food questionnaire filled in, based on what you have observed yourselves while living with UM devotees.

A question:

Could you have your own choice of foodstuffs and condiments on the household shelves and in your refrigerator. Could you bring a pizza home and eat it by yourself and in your own home, if you shared that home with a UM mate?

Now, note this in a recent post by Gibbs. Bold font and structured in pastry format by Corboy for emphasis.

This item is part of a longer post. Analysis is below.

Key point - from middle of post by Gibbs

Lets go to the entire post.

The structure of the complete post is bookended by descriptions of the author's drinking troubles and drinking troubles of a colleague, both described in detail.

But stuck in the middle of the post, like the spice filling in a pastry, is testimony that Serge can put in and take out entities.

Skeptics or those annoyed by Serge's disruption of their relationships might glide quickly past that entry.

[forum.culteducation.com]

I remember seeing Serge put and pull entities out of people of all ages several times. I remember seeing myself or what I was sometimes like when drunk that was identical to what I was observing in the person with an entity. It actually made me feel quite sad. Serge went on to say that an intoxicated person allows entities easy access. Basically possession. For me it was the beginning of the end to my drinking. I noticed there has been little or no mention here on Serge's putting in and taking out of entities. It was one of the most clear, observable phenomena of his presentations.

If Serge could actually put in and remove entities, he'd be able to demonstrate this to a non UM audience.

If Serge allegedly has the ability to put in entities, does this add to fear of leaving UM if one has doubts?

Lets go to the entire post.

[forum.culteducation.com]

Now, I am going to preserve all of what Gibbs wrote, but take creative liberty and structure it as though it is a pastry. A samosa. Made by UM guidelines.

But a UM devotee, even one thinking of leaving would be likely to focus in on any mention of Serge, even in the middle of a long screed. And that testimony that Serge
can clearly and observably put in and remove entities, might intensify faith or intensify fear (negative faith) in someone feeling doubts about UM and the burdens it imposes

(sprinkling of cilantro/Chinse Parsley)Hello Lifetruetome,

I attempted to answer the question you asked in my last post to frodobaggins 'What I found helpful and what I didn't like with UM"
Its a good question and a hard one to answer without going into a whole list of experiences that brought me to and through UM. Hope my previous post was helpful. I will try to explain more in future posts if necessary.

(Crispy vegan pastry)
So true what you say about many of the more serious students cutting people out of their lives. It's kind of sad and unnecessary. I had a drinking problem and quit because I was unable to find a path moderation. My partner still has a glass of wine a couple times a week. I don't like how it changes her, and makes her loud, unnaturally affectionate and smelly. I like her better when she is herself. She doesn't feel real to me and the mood only lasts as long as the alcohol is working. But it's what she likes to do and I have never tried to stop her. Who am I to tell her after I breathed alcohol on her for 25 years. It would be hypocritical. (crispy vegan pastry)

(Veg Filling)

I remember seeing Serge put and pull entities out of people of all ages several times. I remember seeing myself or what I was sometimes like when drunk that was identical to what I was observing in the person with an entity. It actually made me feel quite sad. Serge went on to say that an intoxicated person allows entities easy access. Basically possession. For me it was the beginning of the end to my drinking. I noticed there has been little or no mention here on Serge's putting in and taking out of entities. It was one of the most clear, observable phenomena of his presentations. (Spicy Filling)

(Pastry-soggy on bottom)

There was a non drinking UM student at the time that was in advertising for an alcoholic company. He continued to mix with people that were drinking and indeed was deeply involved with the promotion of alcoholic products. He mentioned a time when he was with a group of his colleagues while they were getting drunk. During this night he felt himself quietly placing judgement and criticism on his work mates. He woke the next day with a hangover and concluded that the hangover was a result of taking on the energy of the group instead of remaining objective and non critical (or and as they say at UM, 'Being With Himself'). He adjusted his attitude in future gatherings and found he was unaffected and clear the next day/s. (Pastry)

(Paper square and bag for take out)

My point. It is completely understandable that one who chooses not to take mind altering drugs, does not enjoy hanging out with a bunch of intoxicated individuals.

Respectively, there is no need to exclude oneself from people that are having a drink or doing other drugs. In fact it is probably a good thing to have a sober person around in case a clear head is needed. Is that not a loving thing to do?(Paper square and bag for take out)

Lets go right to the spicy veg filling of this samosa.

So Serge can put entities into people and pull entities out of people?

Anyone in UM thinking of leaving might read what Gibbs has written and fear that Serge actually does have those special powers and that its dangerous to leave.

Remember, ALice Bailey came to no harm when she started her spin off from Theosophy.

And Serge has not incurred harm by starting his own spin off from Alice Bailey.

The entities don’t seem all that potent.

So anyone who wants to leave UM isnt going to get hurt, except go through the sadness of losing UM friends and facing up to the very real pain of lost time, lost opportunities.

If Serge could actually put in and remove entities, he'd be able to demonstrate this to a non UM audience.
Lets not forget the food questionnaire

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: June 13, 2012 10:19PM

What does Serge Benhayon and Universal Medicine Want? What is their Destination?

Hey all, just checking back in after another week of epic research on the subject of all things Serge Benhayon and Universal Medicine.
Welcome to the discussion Treefern, John Lazarus, Gibbs and anyone else I've missed.
Some really good posts lately.

Gibbs, I was really glad to read your account of your personal experience with Universal Medicine and Serge Benhayon first hand. To coin a phrase you strike me as a bit of a "cafeteria cultist" i.e. you take what you want and leave the rest.

Your experience is yours and I thank you for sharing it with us, for three main reasons:

1. A selfish reason: it gives me hope for my brother, that being that he is also a strong person and someone I feel can make his own choices, it gives me hope that I have not lost him, and that one day soon he may be able to separate himself from the negatives of this group and come away with some form of positive.

2. For the good of open discussion: I think it is good to get someone on here with first hand experience who can remain objective and not as an apologist for Universal Medicine.

3. For the good of others still under the Universal Medicine / Serge Benhayon spell: I am convinced that there are numerous other people like yourself out there who are reading this thread, who have not yet come forward for their own reasons, maybe they are shy, or maybe they aren't ready, or maybe they are afraid of retribution from Serge or UM (all I can do for these people is to echo Corboy's previous comments that this is a safe place where you are free to say and do as you please without judgement - as long as you observe the privacy and respect others on this forum) but it is good that you are on here to give those people a voice.

In my opinion (being selfish again) the most helpful thing you could provide to this discussion is to give a first hand account of your experience in Universal Medicine.

Obviously if you have read any of the past 35 pages of this thread, you can see we are not completely in the dark, we have done a bit of research, but what kind of things can you share with us about the group, that none of us outside of the group would know.

For me, to be 100% honest, I am happy that there were positives that you got out of this group, but it isn't the positives that keep me and others awake at night. So I would find it really helpful if you could help illuminate us as to some of the things that you experienced or saw others experience that made you uncomfortable, what were the things that made your family uncomfortable and ultimately what were the things that made up your mind to leave the group. Feel free not to respond if this is asking too much, or you can PM if you prefer, I'm just a bit interested in some more detail, but what you've given me already is hope for my brother so I can't ask for much more than that.

Can I ask one more question, you've obviously been through the initiation and all the mumbo jumbo, but what does your gut tell you is the true motivation for Universal Medicine and Serge Benhayon? With any of the mainstream religions be it Catholicism, Judaism, Buddhism, Islam etc, we have the experience of centuries with these groups and we know their destination, we know what they want... What is it that you think Universal Medicine and Serge Benhayon want? What is their destination?

I invite others with First Hand experience to answer that question as well here in their own way, and anyone else on here who has a theory, because for me the biggest thing about a group, aside from knowing the leader and what makes them tick, is knowing what the purpose or mission of that group is.

It's kind of like getting on a Dinghy with a bunch of strangers in 30m swell and not asking where you're going.

Posted by: John lazuras ()
Date: June 14, 2012 06:45AM

Hi All,

Again great reading on all comments.

Gibbs - thanks for your input into this topic on UM and your dealings.

As Knowledge_is_ King states that you have given us hope that we can get our family members out from the spell of UM.

In my case i now work together with my wife in a loving way now, instead of a confrontational / argumentative way on the teachings of UM.

I seem to have an improved relationship with my wife and when she may talk the words of Serge and UM i can challenge her on these and give her some other opinion than Serges and UM. From the look on her face and the noding of her head i feel sometimes i have placed doubt in her head on what she is repeating from UM.......and in recent times she has relaxed on the food and has eaten chocolate, bread and cheese...but she did feel guilty eating these.

In saying this she still has a picture of Mona Lisa, symbol cards are in place, burning of candles on a clearing card, sleeps on a symbol pillow case for dreams and she often plays those hideous music CD from Chris James and Serges family members.

Your words have given me great hope to pick the small positives from the UM teaching and keep close to my wife and consistently challenge the negatives on UM.

This thread has given me hope and provides a very big support engine for me to deal with the negative UM teachings.

Posted by: corboy ()
Date: June 14, 2012 06:54AM

knowledge_is_king wrote:

"For me, to be 100% honest, I am happy that there were positives that you got out of this group, but it isn't the positives that keep me and others awake at night."

Posted by: Gibbs ()
Date: June 14, 2012 07:03AM

Dam I'm going to need some help or a lot of spare time to reply to all these questions.

I thank you all for your queries. And Corboy especially, you have a stylish way of getting down to business. I will begin with what I know about UM with your questionnaire.

First we need to understand Serge's premise that we came from light and chose to descend into physical form. As it goes... Light/Soul-- Spirit/Personality-- Physical/Temporal. All food is pranic but is needed to sustain physical form. Some foods take us further into the so called animal/prana and away from our original true state of being. That true state being non physical. Thats the General principle of it, as far as I know.

I'll put a ? next to the things I don't know about.

Overview

There are basic items that UM subjects are advised not to eat. (dairy, fermented items, caffeine, gluten)

Are there any others?
Not that I know of. The purpose it seems is to avoid foodstuffs that distant or take us further away us from what we are. Or what we originally were before we came into physical form

Foodstuffs

Can the UM people eat chicken and fish, pork and beef and shellfish? Or is only lamb permitted?
The idea here is not that you cant eat any particular meats. The process is to drop specific meats as it feels right to the individual. I eat all meats and have found no need to eliminate any particular one. Some students just do what Serge does and some say they FELT to drop a particular one. I

Oils/fats are all of them OK or just some?
Not sure I think as long as they don't contain any dairy. I must make the point that it is not only the structure of the food that is addressed but the energy or integrity that is produced in. For example I would expect that Palm oil that is produced by destroying habitat and in disregard to environment & life would be avoided. It's like the old saying 'An angry chef cooks bad food' You could apply that principle to a number of products you consume or use. Another example is the slave child labor and exploitation that goes into producing chocolate. We end up with the negative energy in the product as well as the stimulating effects of the sugar and caffeine. Nonetheless, I still eat dark chocolate almost every day.

Game?

Eggs?

Nuts? If so, are all nuts OK or only certain kinds?

Spices? Are all spices OK, or only certain ones.
There are specific spices & herbs that are called bridging. Some better than others Coriander, turmeric, chilli, garlic are all used a lot. There are food charts here from UM I will copy and paste. I rarely if ever refer to them, but they answer a lot of your questions.

P=Prana F=Fire They are numbered from 1 to 7

Fiery 7, 6 & 5 = no foods on earth are at this level, only herbs can get you here and support you here
7=
(highest fiery)
inner-heart
6 Garlic, Chilli (both pull up the energy of other foods that they are cooked with)
5 Turmeric (also pulls up the energy of other foods that it is cooked with), Olives
most pranic foods create dampness or pranic heat Prana 4 Apples, Beetroot, Spinach, Red Onion, Spring Onion, Spinach, Peppermint Tea – loose organic.
Sweet Potato – when eaten with greens, Fish in general, Shark Meats, Turkey, organic Chicken, Lamb –
if cooked with herbs, Coconut Milk/Cream (– if less coconut and more sugar based), gluten-free freerange
Eggs, De-caf Green Tea, Rooibos Tea, most drinking Teas, gassed Bananas, White Quinoa, Black
Quinoa, Beans & Legumes (open to be bridged), Asparagus raw, Mandarines , raw Broccoli,
(lowest prana)
Lamb (when cooked with Garlic and Tumeric), fresh Coconut, Lemons, Bok Choy, Avocado, Kumquats, ,
Basil, Parsley, Oregano, Brown Onion (Onion cooked with Garlic takes it up to a 5), Fennel, Red
Capsicum cooked (can be eaten raw in summer but not fiery when eaten raw in winter).
Pork, Mango, Lettuce, Potato, Figs, White Rice, Orange Paw Paw, Shiitake, Venison, Rock Melon,
Brown Rice, Grapes – in moderation, Non-Free-Range Eggs,
6 2
Grapefruit, Arame, Seaweeds, Turkey (when cooked with Garlic or Basil and Parsley), Pineapple, Lime,
Blueberries, Mulberries, Nuts, Lettuce in Olive Oil, Yellow & Green Capsicum, Cherries fresh & ripe, dark
red/black – not orange.
Non-free-range Chicken, Kangaroo, Sweet Potatoes, Apple cooked. 5
(lowest fiery)
Coconut Milk/Cream (– sugar free), un-gassed Banana, Strawberries, Pumpkin, Guava, Ginger for men –
when used medically, Peppermint & Camomile Tea Bags, Mint, Coriander, Bay Leaf, 100% Liquorice
Extract/Lozenges, Pumpkin, Soy Milk in moderation (some brands are pranic 7), Asparagus well cooked,
Choy Sum, Raw Unprocessed Honey, Tomatoes, Coconut Flour, Watercress, Plain gf & df Tofu, Zuccini...
Vinegar, Beef, all Dried Fruit (brings pranic heat to the body)
De-Caf Espresso (– not the freeze dried), Miso.
3 NOTE:
Gluten , Ginger (for women) – when used medically, 2 “Bridging foods” help pranic bodies accept Fiery foods and fiery energy in their bodies e.g. Coriander,
Basil, Parsley, Oregano,
Coffee (including freeze-dried)
(lowest evil)
Ginger (for women), Dairy Milk –
(increases dampness in the body),
(highest prana)
Mixing Foods of the lower pranic levels e.g. lettuce or lamb, with higher fiery foods such as Garlic or
Tumeric, will pull the energy of the lamb or lettuce into the fiery energy - refer to table above.
Opium and Heroin 6
example: Lamb with tumeric and garlic goes up to F3, Brown rice with chilli and garlic goes from
P7 to F1.
5 some foods don’t convert to fire, even if gluten and dairy free. The intent of cake is always comfort,
same goes for mousse, ice cream and other treats.
Alcohol 4 Garlic won’t raise anything below P5. Nothing and no one can bastardise Garlic or Chilli. Chilli trees
keep entities away.
3 Ginger in esoteric-herbs is very beneficial but not as a condiment. Ginger is a scavanger of Prana and
cleanses up the excessive maleness in the uterus. For men it works in the lungs.
Marijuana 2 Ginseng - creates a pranic heat. Anchovy is a spirit loving food. vinegar feeds the spirit because of the
fermentation process that makes it – mustard (other than the powder) contains vinegar
Ayahuasca (guaranties a
place in the astral plane)
(highest evil)
rubbing Acocado oil on your own belly over the ovaries and uterus helps the body to restore
its iron levels. And cinnamon fires up the lymphatic system and is a great bridge to the vascular system.
EVIL Nutmeg helps nervous system, also good for endocrine – thyroid – scavenger of toxins > great cleanser

Acai Berries – FRESH P7
Alfalfa Sprouts F1
Aloe Vera F1
Amaranth P7
Anise F2
Apples – COOKED P5
Apples – FRESH F4
Apricots – DRIED P4
Apricots – FRESH P7
Artichoke – COOKED P7
Artichoke – PICKLED OR RAW P5
Asparagus – COOK WELL TO DECREASE DAMP F1
Asparagus – RAW P7
Astragalus P6
Avocados F3
Bananas – GASSED P7
Bananas – UNGASSED F1
Basil F3
Bay Leaf F1
Beans – Adzuki P7
Beans – Black P7
Beans – Borlotti P7
Beans – Green P7
Beans – Kidney P7
Beans – Mung P7
Beans & Legumes P7
Beetroot – FRESH, CAN BE BAKED (not canned) F4
Blackcurrant F1
Blueberries F2
Bok Choy F3
Broccoli – COOKED F1
Broccoli – RAW P7
Brussels Sprouts F1
Buckwheat P6
Cabbage – Asian P7
Cabbage – Red & White F1
Camomile F1
Capsicum – Red F3
Capsicum – Yellow & Green F2
Cardamom F1
Carob – 100% PURE POWDER P7
Carrots F1
Cashew F2
Cauliflower – RAW (DAMP WHEN EATEN RAW) P7
Cauliflower – STEAMED OR BAKED F1
Celeriac P7
Celery F1
Cherry – WHEN DARK RED, NOT ORANGE F2
Chestnuts – FRESH P7
Chicken – NON-FREE RANGE P5
Chicken – ORGANIC, FREE RANGE P7
Chickpeas P7
Chilli F6
Chlorella F1
Choy Sum F1
Cinnamon F2
Clove F1
Cocoa – 100% PURE P5
Coconut – DESICCATED P4
Coconut – FRESH F3
Coconut Flour F1
Coconut Milk/Cream – WITHOUT SUGAR/ADDITIVES F1
Coriander F1
Cranberries – FRESH, NON DRIED, NON-SUGARED F2
Cucumber – can assist to dissolve certain tumours F3
Dandelion P7
Dates – FRESH P7
Echinacea F1
Eggplant / Aubergine F1
Eggs – GF, FREE RANGE, ORGANIC P7
Eggs – NON-FREE RANGE P6
Fennel F3
Figs P6
Fish – ALL DEEP SEA FISH IN GENERAL P7
Fish – SALMON AND TUNA P7
Flax Seed & Oil F1
Galangal P5
Garlic F6
Ginger for Men F1
Ginger for Women P1/2
Goji Berries – DRIED P5
Goji Berries – FRESH P7
Grapefruit F2
Grapes – IN MODERATION P6
Green Tea – DECAF P7
Guava F1
Hojicha Tea P7
Honey – COMMERCIALISED / PROCESSED P6
Honey – RAW UNPROCESSED F1
Horsetail (Herb) F1
Kangaroo meat P5
Kelp F2
Kiwi fruit F1
Universal Medicine Fiery Food List 17/11/09
©copyright – Serge Benhayon – Universal Medicine 2009, all rights reserved.
www.universalmedicine.com.au 4
Kohlrabi F1
Kumquats F3
Lamb – when cooked with garlic and turmeric F3
Lamb – when cooked with other herbs, but no garlic and tumeric P7
Leek – COOKED F2
Lemon F3
Lemon Myrtle P7
Lentils P7
Lettuce – IN OLIVE OIL F2
Lime F2
Liquorice – LOZENGE, 100% PURE F1
Liquorice – TEA OR HERB, NOT CONFECTIONARY F1
Lychees P6
Mandarins P7
Mangos P6
Mangosteen P5
Maple Syrup P7
Melon – Honeydew Melon P7
Melon – Rockmelon P6
Millet P7
Mint F1
Mulberries F2
Mushroom – Shiitake Mushroom – DAMP FORMING P6
Mushrooms – DAMP FORMING, PRANIC P4/5
Nectarines F1
Nettle P7
Noni Fruit – FRESH F1
Nori Sheets F1
Nutmeg F3
Nuts – Almonds – UNSALTED F2
Nuts – Brazil Nuts – UNSALTED F2
Nuts – Cashews – UNSALTED F2
Nuts – Hazelnuts – UNSALTED F2
Nuts – Pecan – UNSALTED F2
Nuts – Pine Nuts – UNSALTED F2
Nuts – Pistachio – UNSALTED F2
Nuts – Walnuts – UNSALTED F2
Olive Leaf Tea F5
Olives & Olive Oil F5
Onion – Brown / Yellow F3
Onion – Red / Spanish F4
Onion – Shallots / French onion F3
Orange P7
Oregano F3
Parsley F3
Parsnip P6
Passionfruit F1
Paw Paw – Yellow P6
Paw Paw / Papaya – Red P7
Peach P6
Pears – NOT OVER RIPE P7
Peas Green – FRESH OR FROZEN F1
Peppermint Tea – BAGS F1
Peppermint Tea – LOOSE ORGANIC F4
Persimmon P7
Pineapple F2
Plums F1
Pomegranate P7
Pork P6
Potato P6
Pumpkin F1
Pumpkin seeds / Pepitas F3
Quince P7
Quinoa – Red P7
Quinoa – White & Black P7
Radish – Red/ White P5
Raspberry F1
Red Kidney Beans P7
Rhubarb – can be cooked and keeps F3 F3
Rice – Organic Brown P6
Rice – white P6
Rooibos Tea P7
Rooibos Tea with Vanilla P4
Rose Tea F1
Rosehip Tea F6
Rosemary F3
Sage F1
Schisandra F4
Seafood P7
Seaweeds – Arame, Wakame, Kombu, Hijiki F2
Sesame Seeds – White or Black F3
Shiso Leaves P6
Snow Peas F1
Soy Beans / Edamame F1
Soy Milk – GF, IN MODERATION F1
Spinach F4
Spirulina F1
Spring Onion – Eschalot – Scallions F3
Sprouts – Mung, Lentil, Cress P7
Squash F1
Strawberries F1
Sunflower Seeds F2
Swede P7
Sweet Corn F1
Sweet Potato P5
Sweet Potato with Greens P7
Tahini – Black or White F1
Tamari P7
Tamarind F1
Tangerines – slightly higher than Mandarins P7
Tarragon F1
Thyme F1
Tofu – PLAIN, GF, DF F1
Tomatoes F1
Turkey – when cooked with garlic or turmeric or basil or parsley F2
Turkey meat P7
Turmeric F5
Vanilla – 100% PURE POWDER F1
Venison P7
Wasabi P7
Watercress F1
Zucchini F1
This

Flavors? Are all flavors OK or just some? ?

Textures? ?

Cooking methods. Are all cooking methods OK, or only certain ones? ?

Vegetables--Are all of them OK, or only certain ones. Refer chart

Fruits-Are all OK or only certain ones? Refer chart

Food Seeking and Preparation

Cooking Utensils - are any kinds OK or only certain types favored. ? Ever picked up a tool or utensil that just FEELS GOOD has a nice weight and balance about it. Perhaps that might be the only consideration here. But that's more me that UM

Left over food. Can one eat this? Yes as far a I know

Dishes and cutlery. Any special materials needed for these? Quality and integrity in the making of the product would be factors for many

Does one have the same dishes and cutlery for all foodstuffs or does one have to use one set only for meat, another set for vegetables, etc? I don't think mixing cutlery/dishes is a concern, as far as I know

Any special colors or materials favored for dishes and cutlery, or can you pick anything up from a tag sale and use it for food prep if in UM. They will choose things buy how they feel. I think colors have a specific meaning and energy, but I don't know much about colors

(One saves a fortune if one is free to purchase kitchenware second hand)

Social and Behavioral

If you share a household or dormitory room with a UM subject, are you free to eat as you please? Wouldn't know. I cant see why not

And...does the UM diet stay the same or become yet more strict over time as the subject becomes more involved? It becomes more selective as they 'UNFOLD'. I have talked to students that loved rice but now it makes them physically ill. Some drop certain products because it makes them uncomfortable.

Does UM keep diet rules constant or does are there put changes in the diet that keep people struggling to keep up? No it pretty much stays the same as far as I have experienced. It is an individuals choice to what feels good in their body. I know students that are quite overweight and not worried about quitting foods just because others have

How easily can UM people follow this diet? Easy, difficult, lapses? Easy for some, difficult for others

Can a person take holidays from this UM diet? Sure. But what would be the purpose of doing something that made you feel ill or uncomfortable

Can the person easily visit to non UM parties and houses? People do as they choose. They still have family and friends that are not UM. I would assume they go to their houses if they want

Did you observe any changes in subject's appearance or energy levels as they prolonged commitment to this diet? I have notices some looking gaunt and tired and some that are radiant and glowing. It varies from individual. Mostly I see the latter

Do UM people eat out at restaurants, favor some restaurants or are they advised to do as much cooking as possible at home? They often eat at home because they would rather be sure of what they are eating

There are many cuisines represented in Australia--OZ is multinational. Are Um people free
to go to (say) East Indian, Greek, Italian, Pakistani, Thai, Japanese restaurants, or are some
cuisines off the menu? Personal preference I think

Lets be clear, UM is not a Jenny Craig program. The students are given information to use how they choose Its not measured or made into a strict guideline. I believe people need to be extra careful with their diet and need to do what works for them. I personalty am very active in sports, exercise and eat a fair few of carbs depending on what I'm doing. I tried this Lean For Life Low carb high protein diet once that had me loose 20kg in 28 days. Like Corboy says my ass was literally dragging. I was cold all the time and had little energy. It can be dangerous to go extreme on your diet without a balanced approach. I would say this could be why we have many people harming themselves through the UM regime. They try too hard to fit the diet of some of the more long term students and just end up doing harm to themselves.

Phew.. This is hard work. Props to Corboy, you pump out posts like a veteran.

Gibbs

Date: June 14, 2012 07:39AM

Corboy I do thank you for the playful dissection of my post. All valid points. I do hope I can continue here and come out in one piece.

I will not have the time to address everyone here but I will try. If I just tell my stories perhaps I won't come across as defending or apologetic of UM. I am happy to tell people of my journey and knowledge of the UM group, good and bad.

I understand and respect the fact that many here have been and continue to be hurt by the group and how they have applied its teachings to their lives.

There is no scientific proof for most of the claims Serge makes, and my experience with entities is no different. It could be a very clever and well orchestrated con. It's been done before.

Until Serge comes out and has his theories and claims tested by an independent group of scientific professionals. Including engagement in debates with some of the worlds best intelligence, I will always have my doubts.

Gibbs

Posted by: frodobaggins ()
Date: June 14, 2012 07:50AM

Hi Gibbs

Thanks for the reply. I guess this is the point we are all trying to get accross and one in which you have made indirectly. We all think that some of the lifestyle changes serge promotes are a good thing. No one argues that drugs, excessive alcohol etc are bad for us. And its commonsense we should all love and care for one another more. These lifestyle changes that Serge has recommended are not his to lay claim too. Where i have drawn the line sounds exactly why you have too. Serge's predictions and make believe fairy world has no proof. He continually takes commonsense issues and repackages them with some new age meaning that in all honesty is just make belief.

Thanks again for joining the forum.

Posted by: lifetruetome ()
Date: June 14, 2012 08:52AM

Gibbs you wrote:

I remember seeing Serge put and pull entities out of people of all ages several times. I remember seeing myself or what I was sometimes like when drunk that was identical to what I was observing in the person with an entity. It actually made me feel quite sad. Serge went on to say that an intoxicated person allows entities easy access. Basically possession. For me it was the beginning of the end to my drinking. I noticed there has been little or no mention here on Serge's putting in and taking out of entities. It was one of the most clear, observable phenomena of his presentations.

I have to admit I have seen Serge do the entity clearing as well (to me almost like a party trick). I have never really been able to explain it... I would love some more input from others on entities. UM is not the only belief system to believe in entities. I am wondering how scientifically entities can be explained? Or is it a mind trick, a suggestion, cellular memory. My UM friends have said they have felt hangovers from being around people that drink even though they don't drink. Could this be cellular memory, ie body remembering a hangover from before? I know if one of my children says they have a headache I start to feel as though I have a headache as well. Very psychosomatic.

Posted by: HerbertKane178 ()
Date: June 14, 2012 12:46PM

Just wanted to say hello, and welcome. I have enjoyed your posts and your open attitude.

Cheers

Herb

Gibbs
Corboy I do thank you for the playful dissection of my post. All valid points. I do hope I can continue here and come out in one piece.

I will not have the time to address everyone here but I will try. If I just tell my stories perhaps I won't come across as defending or apologetic of UM. I am happy to tell people of my journey and knowledge of the UM group, good and bad.

I understand and respect the fact that many here have been and continue to be hurt by the group and how they have applied its teachings to their lives.

There is no scientific proof for most of the claims Serge makes, and my experience with entities is no different. It could be a very clever and well orchestrated con. It's been done before.

Until Serge comes out and has his theories and claims tested by an independent group of scientific professionals. Including engagement in debates with some of the worlds best intelligence, I will always have my doubts.

Gibbs

Date: June 14, 2012 01:39PM

knowledge_is_king
What does Serge Benhayon and Universal Medicine Want? What is their Destination?
Hi knowledge-is-king, My understanding is that UM see themselves as helping or as they say TO SERVE. I would guess their destination is that humanity returnes to the glory of love light Serge says we all originally came from.

Gibbs, I was really glad to read your account of your personal experience with Universal Medicine and Serge Benhayon first hand. To coin a phrase you strike me as a bit of a "cafeteria cultist" i.e. you take what you want and leave the rest.
Cafeteria cultist LOL. Thats a good one. Fair call

Your experience is yours and I thank you for sharing it with us, for three main reasons:

1. A selfish reason: it gives me hope for my brother, that being that he is also a strong person and someone I feel can make his own choices, it gives me hope that I have not lost him, and that one day soon he may be able to separate himself from the negatives of this group and come away with some form of positive.

2. For the good of open discussion: I think it is good to get someone on here with first hand experience who can remain objective and not as an apologist for Universal Medicine.

3. For the good of others still under the Universal Medicine / Serge Benhayon spell: I am convinced that there are numerous other people like yourself out there who are reading this thread, who have not yet come forward for their own reasons, maybe they are shy, or maybe they aren't ready, or maybe they are afraid of retribution from Serge or UM (all I can do for these people is to echo Corboy's previous comments that this is a safe place where you are free to say and do as you please without judgement - as long as you observe the privacy and respect others on this forum) but it is good that you are on here to give those people a voice.

In my opinion (being selfish again) the most helpful thing you could provide to this discussion is to give a first hand account of your experience in Universal Medicine.
I don't know how to do that without maintaing my privacy

Obviously if you have read any of the past 35 pages of this thread, you can see we are not completely in the dark, we have done a bit of research, but what kind of things can you share with us about the group, that none of us outside of the group would know.
I have read the previous posts and they are quite extensive. There are some things I may be able to help explain from what I was able to understand. But I my knowledge is not much greater than what has already been presented. I expect there will be a few things that may come up where I can be useful

For me, to be 100% honest, I am happy that there were positives that you got out of this group, but it isn't the positives that keep me and others awake at night. So I would find it really helpful if you could help illuminate us as to some of the things that you experienced or saw others experience that made you uncomfortable, what were the things that made your family uncomfortable and ultimately what were the things that made up your mind to leave the group. Feel free not to respond if this is asking too much, or you can PM if you prefer, I'm just a bit interested in some more detail, but what you've given me already is hope for my brother so I can't ask for much more than that.
No thats not a problem a lot of things made me feel uncomfortable.. The lack of questioning of what Serge said. Questions are asked, rarely are claims questioned. If you get what you find an unsatifactory answer to your question, you have to accept that. To question further gets met with Ýou are in your head too much or you are not in your heart.
The drones who hang on every word with their notebooks on overdrive trying to write down as much as they could while listening to what Serge says.
The group exercises or pairing up only to find you notice nothing or feel nothing that was suggested that you should be feeling. ''Now tell each other what you felt', Serge would say. Then you get a lengthy discription from your experienced partner, only to find yourself twiddling your thumbs when you tell them nothing happened for me.
The dancing made me uncomfortable. The quality of music wasn't to my liking In fact it used to make me cringe.
The amount of money that people gladly spent was quite a lot. I would sit there and wonder what I was paying for sometimes, although I never spent a fraction of the money the regulars students did. When asked if I was going to the next retreat half way around the world they spoke like it was nothing to come up with a few grand. They must make a lot more money than I do

Can I ask one more question, you've obviously been through the initiation and all the mumbo jumbo, but what does your gut tell you is the true motivation for Universal Medicine and Serge Benhayon? With any of the mainstream religions be it Catholicism, Judaism, Buddhism, Islam etc, we have the experience of centuries with these groups and we know their destination, we know what they want... What is it that you think Universal Medicine and Serge Benhayon want? What is their destination?
Their mission or purpose is to raise themselves out of the illusion that This Is It. Once they have begun this journey they by their example serve to lift humanity into the glory of what they truly are. I think that is it in a nut shell. But this raises a number of questions I'm sure you will agree. I need to go back to work now. I will try to expand on this later.

I invite others with First Hand experience to answer that question as well here in their own way, and anyone else on here who has a theory, because for me the biggest thing about a group, aside from knowing the leader and what makes them tick, is knowing what the purpose or mission of that group is.

It's kind of like getting on a Dinghy with a bunch of strangers in 30m swell and not asking where you're going.

Current Page: 36 of 169

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.