Current Page: 30 of 169
Re: Universal medicine
Posted by: lifetruetome ()
Date: June 03, 2012 08:05AM

Eric Dobbs
Hi Lads ,firstly I must apologize for what seems to have been an inappropriate reference to us all here .Let me say though and make no mistake we are not dealing with a warm, fuzzy ,gentle and in-loving organization here as you know.I've been through all this as I explained , and I danced around with the non- confrontational approach with my partner for a while but I found the non-aggressive yet strong and firm stance the approach that ultimately worked. Secondly, levity and humor got me through a great deal and even helped me in arguing points against the UM philosophy. So when I make a reference as I did it is done in a purely jocular manner I assure
you corboy .all the best Eric

Eric, I think humour makes the world go round. I agree that a lack of sense of humour in these organisations is a bad sign.

Anyways, keep the posts flowing.
Cheers lifetruetome

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: MacReady ()
Date: June 03, 2012 03:38PM

Humour is fine. Humour that further alienates the people we care about and wish to communicate with will only compound the situation. The people who subscribe to the UM lifestyle are for the most part decent, lovely individuals. We don't want to terrorise them or anyone else for that matter. We just want to provide perspectives on and analyses of the belief system they are absorbing that they will not get at workshops and retreats.

Posted by: Pranic Attack ()
Date: June 04, 2012 07:01AM

Hi

Sorry i've not posted lately, but i've just been catching up!

Just an idea but has anyone consulted a hypnotherapist (is that right ?) Maybe it would be possible to break the hypnoitic spell cast by Serge and his chants and treatments etc ?

Not too sure how the hypnotic thing works, but does seem UM followers must be on something as they believe stuff they do not fully understand and cannot explain, just spouting out programmed responses.

Posted by: lifetruetome ()
Date: June 04, 2012 02:30PM

Couldn't agree with you more MacReady. We don't want to back anyone into a corner and by being heavy handed we almost play into the "pranic energy" category which we don't want to do either. Its a very fine balancing act. I haven't had the courage to even talk to my friends about UM in a broader sense yet, so I can't imagine what it would be like to be living with anyone who is embroiled and absorbed in UM.

I know that all the people who get involved in UM are decent people cos they fundamentally believe in "love". They are really just looking for meaning in their life, like most of us, but unfortunately they need to be told by serge what that meaning is rather then find it themselves. Doing gentle breathing exercises eating healthy etc are good things, no one can argue with that. Its what goes with it that makes the whole UM doctrine hard to handle. Serge never really empowers his students enough to leave him. In psychological terms he is and wants to be the parent (or most probably the god like figure). When we work in mental health with clients we don't ever want to become the parent because we just make the client dependent on us (maybe just a for a few sessions but really in the end the client needs to walk their own path in their own strength of character). Serge has made the students dependent on him, like a father or god figure (I have even heard UM students talk as if they are a big family, well who is the head of the family). I have noticed that when serge says anything all his students immediately agree, without even questioning anything he says. This goes beyond the father figures as most children will always question their parent, or want to argue with their parent and ultimately leave the nest. How can you argue with a god like figure who you have put on a pedestal?
\
Maybe working with friends/family/partners etc is trying to gently empower them to not need Serge. Remembering when they did something amazing before they joined UM, focusing on positives about their life before UM rather then the negatives. I am pretty sure Surge focuses on the negatives and this is what creates the division - Us against them mentality, there is no middle road. Try and help make the middle road for the person/people in question.

Posted by: MacReady ()
Date: June 05, 2012 06:27AM

Pranic Attack
Hi

Sorry i've not posted lately, but i've just been catching up!

Just an idea but has anyone consulted a hypnotherapist (is that right ?) Maybe it would be possible to break the hypnoitic spell cast by Serge and his chants and treatments etc ?

Not too sure how the hypnotic thing works, but does seem UM followers must be on something as they believe stuff they do not fully understand and cannot explain, just spouting out programmed responses.

Whether or not a hypnothetapist would be effective, consulting one would have to be the free choice of the individual in question. It would not be appropriate (or productive) to consult one on behalf of an unconsenting 'student' in an effort to extract them from UM anymore than it would be to consult an 'esoteric' practioner on behalf of somebody without their consent in an effort to convert them to UM.

Considering Serge teaches that all healing modalities beyond those practiced by UM are the deceptive result of the 'Lords of Form' and thus harmful, the only hypnothetapist that is likely to be trusted by a UM student is one who subscribes to the UM belief system.

Most people here are struggling to engage their loved ones in a simple conversation about UM unless it's completely devoid of even the most rational, constructive criticism, so consulting a hypnotherapist without consent is unlikely to be construed as anything but an act of aggression. A 'pranic attack' if you will.

Posted by: John lazuras ()
Date: June 05, 2012 06:48AM

Thanks Lifetruetome for your comments.

In recent time i have changed the way i have been dealing with my wife and UM. No longer do i have heated arguments about UM and challenge there teachings in these arguments.

I had a long discussion with my wife re the UM teachings and found that it is all about being / feeling LOVED....so now i fill this void that my partner has been missing and i must admit it has not been hard work to do.

We have regular discussions on what has happened in our daily life, what we are going to do over the weekend and in general just reconnecting through conversation.

Because of our re "connection" in recent weeks i have seen my partner eat bread, eat diary and have some chocolate and she has not been so involved in the UM teachings like she was previously. She said that she felt guilty eating the above foods but because we have a "connection" now i am able to put my point of view across to her and ask why she felt guilty and tell her dont be stupid that she can decide what she wants to eat and when.

Also becasue of the re "connection" i regulary challenge the negatives on UM in conversation and it is no longer heated and in many instances she has stated that she does not agree with the teaching or i can paste some doubt in her head on the teachings.

Still i have a long way to go to rid her of her dependance on UM teachings and Serge...but i feel i am making inroads and our relationship is better off because of this.

Posted by: Pranic Attack ()
Date: June 06, 2012 03:03AM

Sounds like you are making progress :)

I have had meaningful conversations with friends envolved with UM who are quite happy to discuss, although i would never attempt to argue as they would see it as bad energy.

I agree that showing genuine love and caring is the best way to approach as it was likely something they believed was lacking in their lives that led them to UM in the first place.

My suggestion of hypnosis was only out of a wish for a quick fix, and of course would not attempt without their consent. I have never had to deal with someone who has completely changed character/ thoughts like this before, so it is totally new to me - sorry if my ideas offend but my intensions are good ....

Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: June 06, 2012 03:29AM

Pranic Attack:

There typically is no "quick fix" in situations like this.

Posted by: frodobaggins ()
Date: June 06, 2012 12:58PM

All i can say is my partner was very loved and cared for over the 2 years we were together and vice versa. Our communication was healthy. She didnt have a bad up bringing or a childhood trauma to force her into searching for something like UM. She is a highly intelligent person with a kind and giving nature. Despite all of this ( along with calm loving conversation) i could not open her mind to other possibilities. Her belief is black and white. I am not saying we were the perfect couple - we werent but this is not a quick fix. Belief systems are ingrained in us.... and we like to surround ourselves with people who share those beliefs. To the UM member there isnt anything wrong in the belief system they hold. It is perfectly normal and they fully accept serge's teaching has 100% truth. There is literally no question of it. Its like trying to convince someone that the sky isnt blue.

Of course - the longer they are in it the harder it is to break away. My ex was involved in it for 3 years prior to us meeting. So by the time we broke up that is 5 years of Serge influence. Her belief in this is as strong as any other person with any religion. Its ingrained - its her way of life.

As a side note - hypnosis only works when the person is wanting change. People think hynponsis makes people do or believe things even when they are not willing. That is false. If it was true then it would be as bad as what serge does. In fact serge would use techniques like this to make his members highly suggestible.

Date: June 06, 2012 01:20PM

[www.healing-symbols.com]

Hi, I thought some of you might need some clearing symbols and pendants as you are clearly all pranic and affected by spirit!
I am sure these are priced at cost. Serge is not in it for the money ;) With Love.

John, while I am happy that you have made some ground with your wife, I am also a little surprised it has been that easy. I have been talking with many men and people whose families, partners are in UM and the common issue is that the affected party WONT communicate not only about UM but about anything in general that used to be interesting for them as a couple. What I and they have noticed as that normal life becomes trivial by comparison to the vision that Serge is flogging and no matter how good ( not perfect) their relationship was before, it is NOT GOOD ENOUGH now. I don’t know your personal situation, but I have always been supportive of my ex partners, communicative, loving and i am still out the door like a piece of worthless flotsam. The other thing I have noticed about the communication on anything is there is none unless it is totally ordinary day to day minutia stuff. I am met with silence, walk offs & subtle put downs ( mere mortal you see) Basically, our relationship is so worthless by comparison to the mighty Serge that I am not worth a decent conversation....so I have to assume that your wife was not in that deep or you are just damn lucky.

The message that UM has out there via its sites and all the other people that support it is lovely. The truth is something completely different. The proof is in the pudding; the way the students become ( self absorbed to be polite), what happens to their families, the guilt that the students go through, the anxiety over making 'correct energetic choices', the reliance on Serge and his family of practitioners, the vast amount of money that is spent....

I doubt that human loving is what the students want now John, but if I could get a hearing, i would give it a crack. But I am certain it wouldn’t be reciprocated because the truly committed students eschew mere human love for the grand universal soulful love that you have to spend a lifetime working towards ( at Serges guidance, we take cash only, thanks)

Current Page: 30 of 169

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.