Current Page: 27 of 169
Re: Universal medicine
Posted by: gillweir ()
Date: May 29, 2012 07:37AM

If he has so many claims within disciplines such as accupuncture and massage is it possible to get experts within these fields to comment and present information so that those involved or considering involvement with this organisation can get informed. We could definitely use support from:
- Psychologists
- Sociologists
- Massage therapists
- theologians
- Chinese medicine practitioners

I also wonder are government organisations within Australia investigating Universal Medicine?

I have started to folllow this discussion much more and hopefully can help in some way

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Eric Dobbs ()
Date: May 29, 2012 08:09AM

Well after a weekend course in chakrapuncture with UM in Byron Bay my partner came home and informed me that she was ready and eligible to practice on people. She ordered the massage table and yes the acupuncture needles. I made her listen to my concerns regarding health and safety issues with needles and she had to agree with me and fortunately gave the idea up. We still have a massage table and a large box of needles.Maybe they do have some qualified people there but they are sending out trainees after one or two weekeend crash courses to experiment and I believe one could do some damage and there could be serious legal implications ( esoteric or not ! ). So I present this impress as a warning ( to coin an idiotic and well worn phrase ). Ponder on this, people from Mars

Posted by: frodobaggins ()
Date: May 29, 2012 09:17AM

MacReady
Just a note for the sake of accuracy - and if I'm mistaken please feel free to correct me - but my understanding is that any UM/EPA practitioner wishing to practice chakrapuncture has to go elsewhere and do the formal acupuncture training. As far as I know Michael Benhayon did, and he's widely regarded within the UM community as 'the master'. No doubt the UM'ers do champion their modality over others, but I'm fairly certain UM doesn't teach chakrapuncture to novices as such, you have to do the university course independently, then meet Serge's 'livingness' approval to get EPA accreditation so you can practice it under the UM umbrella.

I've often wondered whether the difference between it and 'chakrapuncture' is merely one of semantics, but I don't know enough about it.

Hi Macready - It would appear that you dont need formal qualifications when you undertake the chakrapuncture course. I can only go by my direct experience with my ex partner as she had not done any formal acupunture training at all. They may have tighten the rules up on it but she only recently ( as in 12 months ago) received her full qualifications from Serge.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/29/2012 09:18AM by frodobaggins.

Posted by: Eric Dobbs ()
Date: May 29, 2012 10:25AM

hey HerbertKane you've done it again, that fine detective work unearthing www.quickmeme.com has solved my birthday and christmas present dilemma. They could make great t-shirts or even bumper stickers. Might I add my own - " serge is not the Messiah, he's just a very naughty tennis coach" ( apologies to Monty Python )- Thanks -Eric

Posted by: MacReady ()
Date: May 29, 2012 10:46AM

Thanks for those responses.

It's rather odd that no explicit mention is made of chakra-puncture courses in the UM training page:
[www.universalmedicine.com.au]

The question then is, does being qualified to practice acupuncture also qualify one to teach chakra-puncture?

Especially considering (to answer my own 'ponderings') there are apparently differences beyond the title:
[www.universalmedicine.com.au]

Since chakra-puncture is apparently based on 'the Science of the Nadis' here's some more info:
[en.m.wikipedia.org]

Posted by: frodobaggins ()
Date: May 29, 2012 12:27PM

Hi Eric

You are correct in saying there are dangers. There are many documented cases of acupuncture going wrong - i am aware of this because i have been seeing someone for acupuncture for a few years who is also a lecturer at the local university and she has told me there are many things that can go wrong if needles are placed in the wrong areas. So it beggers belief why UM are allowed to self manage their practice and let students loose to practice with little to no understanding of the dangers.

Massage is one thing... but sticking needles in people is risky business

Date: May 29, 2012 01:58PM

MacReady
COncerned Partner
Hi Eric

No worries. Serge has that covered:

The books themselves are written under the impress as is the natural language
of the inner-heart, that is, expressed as does the Soul express.
This means that the expression and way of writing is the way the inner-heart expresses via the higher-mind. And hence, no adherence has been paid to structure or lineal academic rule … meaning that – there has been no
cowering or conforming to any type of syntax, must-do uniformity and likewise impulsed punctuation and or any other type of ‘usual’ must-do or rule in order to adhere, impress or show-off.

Yet in his books and articles, Serge constantly adheres to this writing style, complete with 'esoteric' punctuation and structure (joy-full, in-truth etc, ad nauseum) and 'energetic constellations' of words, all in a pretentious attempt to show off or 'impress' his readers with the perception that his written works are the product of the as yet unspecified 'Ageless Wisdom' flowing through him.

This is true:

"I reject your grammar and syntax (because it is too complicated and uniform / I don't have the skills to write correctly / If I write in plain english it makes it easier to see how illogical my ideas are) and substitute one of my own (which is more complicated, just as uniform / I can make up the rules / Makes it easier to trap people in my illogical ravings partly because it is so hard to read)."

Great Call

Date: May 29, 2012 02:12PM

HerbertKane178
Stumbled upon this on the net:

[www.quickmeme.com]

Seems rather appropriate...

Literally the only funny thing to come out of this, some of them remind me of George Orwell's Animal Farm, which is actually a really good way to revisit this whole thing - in Orwellian Terms, i.e. "a societal condition that is destructive to the welfare of a free society".

[en.wikipedia.org]

Date: May 29, 2012 02:22PM

Does anyone know of any Support Groups in Australia for people who want to get out / counselling / concerned family and friends

Date: May 29, 2012 04:08PM

that is great therapy. thanks Herb

Current Page: 27 of 169

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.