Current Page: 19 of 169
Re: Universal medicine
Posted by: frodobaggins ()
Date: May 16, 2012 05:41PM

Info on breast massage from the lighthouse website which is the UK arm of UM

A specific treatment for women, by female practitioners only.
The way we live is reflected in our body.

For almost every woman today, a 'successful life' has had dire consequences on our body.

We live in a time where 1 in 3 women will be diagnosed with some form of breast or reproductive cancer. And these figures are rising. A time where lumps in our breasts, pain during our periods, bloating, cysts on our ovaries, difficulties conceiving and even endometriosis are so commonly experienced, that we consider them 'normal'.

This all begins with a hardening in our bodies, a 'steeling' of ourselves to protect, to be tough, to deliver what we have come to believe is the ideal way a woman should be at home and in the world.

This hardness, let alone all of these conditions, are not 'normal' in a woman's body. There is a natural tenderness and gentleness to a woman that need not be compromised in any way, as we work, as we live, as we nurture ourselves and others.

A series of Esoteric Breast Massages supports women to feel gentle again. Through a gentle massage to the breasts, energetically our 'nurturing centres', we can allow ourselves first be honest about the state of our bodies and feel how far from our true expression we have become. We can then feel the impact of choices we make in daily life that contribute to this hardening in our bodies and be able to make different, more self-loving choices that honour the strength and tenderness of a woman.

As we make different choices in life, we have the potential to break long-term patterns of behaviour, patterns we aligned to from our mothers and their mothers before them, who knew no better. Thus, we need no longer feel the conditions that other women in our family have suffered, need necessarily be our 'fate'.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: corboy ()
Date: May 16, 2012 10:11PM

Where is the equivalent for the gents?

If UM is 'holistic' it should offer these Esoteric Massage modalities to all genders, not only the ladies.

Where are the UM adverts for male therapists trained to offer Esoteric (fill in the blank) Massage to men in need of healing.

Posted by: Pranic Attack ()
Date: May 16, 2012 10:11PM

LOL. So is there any similar therapy for the men ??

I bellieve testicular cancer is fairly common, and prostate cancer more common in men than women.
That added to the fact that men are being undermined and ousted from top jobs by all powerful women in todays hard world.
What treatments are there to make men feel strong again - if women need to 'feel gentle' ?

Date: May 16, 2012 10:13PM

Seems we had the same thought corboy :)

Date: May 16, 2012 10:28PM

Time to be serious about offering holistic medicine here for all genders.

[www.google.com]

Here are some areas on male bodies in need of Esoteric Massage service.

Along with testicular cancer

[www.google.com]

, prostate cancer is another serious condition.

[www.google.com]

And, no joke - though rare, breast cancer can develop in men.

[www.google.com]

An aching need is out there, friends. Hop to it.

Date: May 16, 2012 11:16PM

This symbolism is also applied to experiences in daily life, for example insects and various animals supposedly represent specific things and are interpreted by follwers as 'divine messages'.

For instance, spiders apparently represent complications of one type or another.

Spiders are matter of legitimate concern in Australia because so many are poisonous, even deadly.

Here is an ID Chart

So much a matter of concern that one site has a spider identification chart

[www.google.com]

Sydney Funnel Spider, Red Back Spider, White Tail Spider. Mouse Spiders etc.

Australia has an array of spiders, some large, if not huge. And some of the poisonous ones are aggressive, adding to the anxiety quotient. (In the US, poisonous spiders are not immediately deadly and tend to hide in woodpiles. Australia's spiders are quite another matter)

Spiders, like wildfire are a matter of concern and legitimate fear in Australia. Spiders are much more than a 'complication' - they can kill outright.

The Sydney Funnel Web spider isnt just poisonous--it is aggressive.

[www.google.com]

However, spiders are known for another behavior - weaving webs, some concealed underground as funnels, others like nets.

Date: May 17, 2012 01:42AM

Hmm, are we making comparisons here ??

Posted by: MacReady ()
Date: May 17, 2012 05:26AM

Well, thanks to the symbolism of UM theology, the mere sighting of a Daddy Longlegs can cause irrational worry in a follower over some perceived life complication or other, possibly necessitating a visit to the nearest practitioner asap.

Regarding men's massage, the UM clinic does offer it, but it doesn't appear to be as specific as the 'esoteric breast massage', so I think anyone looking for treatments pertaining to testicular or prostate cancer may be disappointed ;-).
[www.universalmedicine.com.au]

Date: May 17, 2012 07:47AM

I just want to express my thanks to everyone who has posted in here to date, it has helped to shed some light on a topic which is impacting more and more people and putting pressure on many relationships.

I speak first hand as someone who's close family member has recently started afiliating with SB and UniMed through a girlfriend. They have been together for about a year. She got invoved through a family member who had been "healed" at one of SB's clinics.

My brother's changes have been slow but we've gradually noticed he's turned from more of a "tag-along" into someone who has started to adopt the UniMed way of life, the sleeping habits, the eating habits etc.

He's started spouting SB claims about evolution, poisonous foods, energy etc. And when pressed the answer is usually, "well I can't explain it that well it sounds better when Serge says it".

This is coming from someone who is considered by his family and friends to be extremely intelligent, and open minded, so you can understand the (real) people in his life are genuinely concerned about him.

Which in a roundabout way brings me to my point.

1. Should I be concerned?
2. What are the risks?
3. What can I do to help?

Posted by: frodobaggins ()
Date: May 17, 2012 11:42AM

Hi Knowledge is king

To answers your questions.

1) Should you be concerned?

My honest answer is Yes because an association with any cult is alarming no matter what stage the cult is at present. From where im sitting he is constantly changing the goal posts and i fear where it will end up. Secondly its a concern because despite the sweeping mandate of UM to be all loving and kind and caring its actually creating isolation for its members due to the very strict guidelines. Finally, he is charging people for products and services which have no solid foundation of truth or proof it works. So at the very least (forgetting the pyschological damage) he is feecing people of their money.

2) What are the risks?

* Isolation from family and friends. This can be a result of not only lifestyle changes but you will find members are highly judgemental of non followers and they are encouraged to speak openly and honestly with no filters. So be prepared to hear some home truths whether you like it or not ( and it will be regular)
* Severe financial loss
* Losing the ability to think (sorry feel) for yourself
* following blindly a person who cannot substaniate his claims and running the risk of adopting or submitting to even greater danges
* Ignoring the wonderful gift of the brain and relying on just "feeling" into things. Imagine going through life and only using the ability to "feel" to make critical decisions
* Living an incredibly boring life
* No exercise = potential long term health effects
* Taking serges advice on prescribed medication ( yes he now has a list of medication that he doesnt believe we should take and the list is growing) EG - if your brother suffers from depression he will be told not to take anti depressents.
* Usually illness is put down to the body cleansing itself and while serge hasnt yet barred UM members from seeing medical proffessionals - he does recommend UM professionals first. My ex was sick on many occassions and refused to see a doctor or physio because they werent UM members. That can potentially be a big risk.

3) What can you do to help

Great question and I dont have the answers - im still trying to work out how to help. I have tried everything from confrontation to calm questioning to rationalisation and it hasnt got me anywhere.

ps.... your experience of not getting good explanations is the norm. I have commented several times on here about it and you will never get a straight answer. Macready, concerned partner, herbertkane and corby have given the best explanations on here. You will get more on here then a UM member will give you. WHY? Because they dont really understand what they are believing in. Its the sweeping generalisations of love and kindness that get them in.... its almost like they are hooked on a fairytale and serge is like the fairy god mother who has all the answers..... but people need to realise he is nothing more then a conman

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 05/17/2012 11:56AM by frodobaggins.

Current Page: 19 of 169

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.