Current Page: 3 of 169
Re: Universal medicine
Posted by: corboy ()
Date: February 23, 2012 06:21AM

Of course, one isnt going to find many testimonies.

People are gonna be persuaded to do something that will expose them to either to warnings from friends or outright ridicule.

[www.lonelyplanet.com]

Lonely Planet discussion venue.

(
Universal medicine, Serge Benhayon
I am going to this workshop on Sunday. It is being funded by a local NGO who has been working with our school, for staff members to attend. Does anyone know anything about these people? I have the impression they are very New Age, and am going with an open mind.
The worker who comes to the school from the NGO, and has organised for us to do the workshop has a very charismatic personality, and has made a good impression on the staff, but I do have some concerns about these people.
[exploringsolomons.wikispaces.com]
Quailia

Jul 29, 2011 5:41 AM

maybe there's good stuff there to learn but I can't get past the first sentence

The word the ‘Livingness’ stands for a way or form of living that forges forth a being and its expressing vehicle towards their true form.

FSM only knows what the hell that means.
Scrubb gets to the centre of the argument | I don't think "fact" means what you think it means.
I changed my avatar because Liiisa thought it was Dick Cheney.
yehyeh

Jul 29, 2011 5:57 AM

I also read the first sentence and decided I couldn't read on. NOTB

Jul 29, 2011 2:26 PM

[www.esoteric-breast-massage.com]
har de har har NOTB

Jul 29, 2011 2:44 PM

My headlights are ON Quailia

Jul 29, 2011 2:45 PM

FSM there is some special nonsense on the webs

The breasts cannot emanate the 'LIGHT OF NURTURING'

if the woman is not self-nurturing.

Makes it sound like women will glow in the dark
Scrubb gets to the centre of the argument | I don't think "fact" means what you think it means.
I changed my avatar because Liiisa thought it was Dick Cheney.
Liiisa

Jul 29, 2011 4:14 PM

rotflol Q you are making me inhale my beer.

????

Ozzie, I would really be annoyed if any school district I was involved with was paying money for this nonsense (and I have a fair tolerance for woo).
too neurotic for Facebook
sadly neglected PHOTOGLOB
kodachrome_baby

Jul 29, 2011 7:38 PM

Lola and her mom should get that house cleansing symbol. lolasf

Jul 29, 2011 8:18 PM

Such a bargain at $75! I know what's going on my Christmas wish list.....
Things fall apart, it's scientific.
Ozziegiraffe

Jul 30, 2011 5:24 AM

I'm only going because it isn't costing me anything. It is being paid for by (of all things) the YWCA.
We live in an area where there is a lot of interest in alternate medicine of all kinds.
Part of my reason for going is to find out how flaky these people are. If it makes me uneasy (or worse) I will get out of there asap.
There is very little about them on the web apart from their own stuff.
kingcnut

Jul 30, 2011 5:33 AM

Is it a cult?
What do we want? INCREMENTAL CHANGE! When do we want it? IN DUE COURSE!
Ozziegiraffe

Jul 30, 2011 6:09 AM

Sounds like it, doesn't it. The woman we work with who swears by them seems perfectly down-to-earth. I've been to a sciemtologist presentation before and escaped unscathed, so hopefully this one won't affect me the wrong way. I actually want to see what they are on about so I can discuss it with my boss, who is even more sceptical than I am. He and I visited their clinic, which seems quite normal - they even have a registered psychologist in the clinic. (I am not sure about other mainstream practitioners, though).
Ozziegiraffe

Jul 30, 2011 9:12 PM

I ended up not being able to access the workshop. After driving 40km, I found the road blocked by the Sunday market. It would have been a 1km walk, which I physically can't do. I'm not disappointed, and will get feedback from a friend from work I met trudging along the road to it.
cadizdoctor

Oct 9, 2011 11:22 PM

I am in my seventies and my daughter has been involved with this group for a couple of years and a more ethical, pleasant, gentle group of people would be hard to find. They have had much success with people with health issues by teaching them another way to live their lives. I was initially cautious and decided to go along to meetings and courses myself. While not understanding some of the language they use, I can only endorse any of the practical courses they have run that I have been involved with. surferdude987

Dec 22, 2011 2:11 PM

I would read this before getting to involved with this lot:

[cultevasion.blogspot.com]

[groups.google.com]

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: February 23, 2012 06:24AM

Yeah and the blog that the URL points to has been taken down. Here is what is left.

Bad Beliefs and Fraudulent Faiths: Universal Medicine (and a world ...cultevasion.blogspot.com/.../universal-medicine-and-world-of.htmlCached
You +1'd this publicly. Undo
Apr 15, 2011 – Little has been written about Universal Medicine other than by those who lead the movement, or those considered to be part of "the Hierarchy".

Date: February 23, 2012 06:33AM

Meditator Pillowcase (page has been moved)

[www.skepdic.com]

Odd Product of the Minute
The Meditator Pillowcase is the offspring of Serge Benhayon, the creator of Universal Medicine® and harbinger of peace, love, bliss, and other swell stuff:

Rest your head on the Meditator symbol.

This is a resounding way to engage the rhythms of sleep. This occurs with the vibrational assistance of the meditator symbol; this symbol is a great assistance in easing you into sleep or a deep state of meditation. It can provide a solid energy base upon which one can safely glide into the inner rhythms of stillness. The meditator pillowcase is for sale for $ 15 plus $ 5 for postage/handling.
I've never slept on a symbol before, so I can't say Serge is wrong. In fact, the idea of a symbol under my head providing "solid energy" to help me "glide into the inner rhythms of stillness" does make me kind of sleepy.

-----------

[www.universalmedicine.com.au]

Products
where to purchase this product
The Gentle Breath Meditation
Following the many requests we get from those looking to...
Read More Quantity:

$5.00
Esoteric Presentation for Women
Audio Download
This downloadable audio is taken...
Read More where to purchase this product
Meditation 1 - Quality Building
Read More Quantity:

$40.00
Esoteric and Exoteric Philosophy
Book 6 in the series ‘A Treatise on Energetic Truth’ was...
Read More Quantity:

$40.00
The Living Sutras of the Hierarchy
A quote from the 500 page impress ~...Read More Quantity:

$50.00
The Way of Initiation
The whole premise of the teachings that Serge brings this...
Read More Quantity:

$40.00
A Treatise on Consciousness
This book is the nuts and bolts of a science few if any...
Read More Quantity:

$40.00
The Way It Is
As you read this book you will discover a familiarity and...
Read More Quantity:

$40.00
Esoteric Teachings & Revelations
This book is a very deliberate compilation of the...
Read More Quantity:

$25.00
Walk with your heart
This musical package contains 12 tracks that define...
Read More Quantity:

$25.00
Fiery-eyes
Sound carries the quality of its source. It is a...
Read More Quantity:

$25.00
Moments
"Moments – are an opportunity to feel, to pause and...
The Glory of This Life
Read More Quantity:

$2.00
Claiming It – Instrumental
Digital Download
This is the instrumental version of the single "...
Read More Quantity:

$2.00
Claiming It – featuring Miranda
Digital Download
This is the single 'Claiming It' from...Read More Quantity:

$40.00
Eso-Herbs ~ Rebalancing
Re-balancing Herbs – support stillness in...
Read More Quantity:

$40.00
Eso-Herbs ~ Harmony
Harmony Herbs – support harmony in the...
Read More Quantity:

$40.00
Eso-Herbs ~ Connection
Connection Herbs – support connection to...
Read More Quantity:

$35.00
Mineral Salts
A good and easily absorbed mineral food supplement that...
Read More Quantity:

$25.00
Cherry Juice Concentrate
Cherry juice is said to have anti-inflammatory properties and may therefore be good for...
Read More Quantity:

$20.00
Chlorophyll
Chlorophyll is said to be a great cleanser of toxins in...
Read More Quantity:

$35.00
Olive Leaf Extract
Olive Leaf Extract is said to be a good general support...
Read More Quantity:

$20.00
Esoteric Massage Cream
A good all round muscle salve with Arnica essential oil. Is also great as a moisturiser...
Assorted UniMed Nourishment Teas
Assorted Nourishing Teas:

~ Peppermint & Schisandra

~ ...
Read More Quantity:

$15.00
Schisandra Drops
Schisandra is said to help support better management of...

(Books)

Books

Quantity:

$40.00
Esoteric and Exoteric Philosophy
Book 6 in the series ‘A Treatise on Energetic Truth’ was...
Read More Quantity:

$40.00
The Living Sutras of the Hierarchy
A quote from the 500 page impress ~...Read More Quantity:

$50.00
The Way of Initiation
The whole premise of the teachings that Serge brings this...
Read More Quantity:

$40.00
A Treatise on Consciousness
This book is the nuts and bolts of a science few if any...
Read More Quantity:

$40.00
The Way It Is
As you read this book you will discover a familiarity and...
Read More Quantity:

$40.00
Esoteric Teachings & Revelations
This book is a very deliberate compilation of the...
Read More

Audio Presentations

Quantity:

$5.00

Music

The Glory of This Life
This is the debut album of Michael and Emmalee Benhayon, a...

The music you find here has been composed/written and played with respect to the quality of energy the listener will also get in addition to the quality of sound heard. The music is, energetically sound.

The varying CDs offer the listener a range of styles to choose from.

Artists
Chris James –

‘Singer, musician, presenter and voice teacher, Chris has worked with groups ranging from 20 to 20000 people. He is the founder of The International School of Sacred Sound and Patron of The UK College of Sound Healing. Chris is invited to MC, perform and deliver as a keynote presenter at many of the world’s major conferences and festivals in Australia, India, Scandinavia, UK, Europe, USA, New Zealand and South Africa.’

Chris has been an internationally leading sound and voice man and multi-instrumentalist for over 25 years. When he learnt the energetic truth about music, he deleted his ten (10) album catalogue and began to record new music under his new discovery.

Chris offers a sensitive feel and deep contemplative tones and lyrics that offer calm and trust. The music is wonder-full as are the harmonies that touch deeply. His voice is truly an instrument that inspires, soothes and re-connects.

The list of CDs includes
– Fiery Eyes
– Walk with your Heart
– Moments

Glorious Music – the music production of Michael & Emmalee Benhayon
'Michael is the main composer/lyricist of the music. With his wife Emmalee, as the singer/songwriter, they combine to bring an extraordinary range of music that will enlight and capture any contemporary style and or taste in music.'

Michael is a self-taught multi-instrumentalist. His music and song writing skills are very much an impress of the soul-full life he lives. Emmalee provides an angelic tone that brings to life the lyrics that inspire a deeply connective sing-along. Their first album is a collection that brings sweet sounds, rock guitars, funky tunes and love songs that capture their love and the way they share it with all …. so that we can have it as ours to claim.

The list of CDs includes
– The Glory Of This Life
– Other CDs released soon

See gallery and or click some selected songs/pieces from the CDs to listen.

---------------------------------------------------------

The serious side to our music –
The energetic knowledge and thus intent behind our music catalogue
by Serge Benhayon

‘Universal Medicine has been teaching extensively on the virtues of Energetic Integrity and Energetic Responsibility. For many, these are too new and too vast subjects to as yet adopt. Notwithstanding the difficulties of conveying age-old immutable energetic facts, facts that have been well overlooked if not completely ignored, we have very much and nonetheless proceeded to present the truth within and behind music, lyrics, songs etc.

Our catalogue is comprised by, from and of artists/musicians that comply with the energetic truths, laws, sciences and principles that apply to music as they do to all that occurs in what we call life. In and with that knowledge, these artists are able to compose and or write songs that energetically do not impose. Few if any before Universal Medicine came along, ever considered the notion let alone the fact that we absorb into our bodies far more through our ears and eyes than we do from our mouth. Put simply – when you listen to music, you do not just get the music you are hearing, but the entire lifestyle of each of the artists along with the real sentiments and or unresolved issues that energetically carry into their music or lyrics as does this energy carry into all that we do. All of this then enters your body and, it has an influential effect.

As mentioned, this knowledge is as yet far too much for most to want to grasp given the implications that will arise should the facts be adopted … facts that cannot be changed, whether adopted or not. Therefore, it is not for Universal Medicine, as a unit of energetically true service, to wait for these principles, facts and laws to be generally accepted before we conduct ourselves in accordance with and to the unchangeable truths.

Humanity ought to stop being reactive to anything that will expose its deep energetic irresponsibility. We need not be reactive but instead willing to learn … after all, it is not something we have been readily taught and thus there is nothing to defend with any shame. In light of what is truly going on in the world, with sickness, illness, disease and the woe-full if not extreme behaviours, we owe it to ourselves to listen and at least consider the Ageless Wisdom’s teachings about how all that happens, happens because an energy is making it happen. That is science and it is undisputable physics in law and in natural principle. We therefore stand to truly understand much more about life and all in it if these very simple truths are adopted rather than to stick to an age-old adopted energetically ignorant point and make that the truth in the face of the fact that that point has not truly delivered.

When this applies to music, it becomes a very simple proposition – the artist should heal and not seek to impress or gain recognition or acceptance via their music. Music ought to come from the inner-heart. That is pure and simple. Music should not be from an emotion that seeks healing, for that, will only impose on its listeners the unresolved the artist comes with. This is how the real energy behind every scene in this world works. And until we adopt these unchangeable facts, we will continue to be at the mercy of a so-called unseen world that has a direct affect in all that happens in the seen and assumed only reality.

Universal Medicine stands behind these very simple energetic based facts. A stance that may not be popular but nonetheless, a stance worth taking with a view that one day, it will be known as the general truth.

And hence, all of our available music comes form artists who have adhered to the simple energetic laws, and with them, have transformed themselves into pioneers of what music could be if not what it truly is when one is able to compose/write from a place of energetic clarity and thus energetic understanding of the real impact of the music itself.

Our catalogue therefore is comprised of such artists.

There are a number of varying musical styles to choose from. The style is still very much an individual taste, as it ought to be. That said, whilst the styles may vary from gentle, deeply soothing to funky, pop, love-song or other, the music remains energetically clear and thus un-imposing to its listener’.

See gallery and or click some selected songs/pieces from the CDs to listen.

Date: February 23, 2012 06:39AM

Lots of music selections.

Here is this audio tape item --one only (as of February 22d 2012) and its for women.

Come on. Stop Men need spiritual help too.

Where's the Esoteric Presentation for Men?

Show the gents where to rub themselves to become more self trustful of their bodies. Mates need something other than beer football and betting as a way to bond together.

(I am joking. Corboy)

Esoteric Presentation for Women
View Image Esoteric Presentation for Women
$5.00 Quantity: Audio Download
This downloadable audio is taken from the series of Esoteric Presentations for Women presented by Natalie Benhayon, held monthly in Australia, and, Bi-Annually in the UK.

Many women today are finding themselves through an array of illnesses and diseases, which sadly, is fast becoming a common reality for most. These conditions are not only in the physical body, but also in the struggles through emotional issues/behaviours as we deal with the increasing intensity of day-to-day living that has impacted onto the quality of one’s health and way of life.

The presentations are a new collective voice for women that re-introduce old values and know-hows that help re-instate our natural inner-harmony and thus restoring balance of living, health, well-being and true healing for ourselves as women.

Posted by: HerbertKane178 ()
Date: February 23, 2012 07:51AM

whats the deal with this 'women only' thing here and the obsession with touching their breasts? i can imagine not too many women would be open to that and willing to share that they had allowed it to be done to them. i've heard of full body massage, but breasts only?

all the words you have quoted lead to a singular, insular (and unprovable) view of the world, and one also that seems very costly to those that choose it. those prices quoted above are going to add up!

Date: February 24, 2012 12:33AM

Text from the UMSupport blog

[umsupportgroup.blogspot.com]

Sunday, 5 February 2012
In order to illustrate the way that UM followers are indoctrinated and the flimsy nature of their beliefs, I thought it would be useful to post a discussion I had with several of them on a Facebook page focused on exposing UM. It is fascinating to see how robotic their responses are, as well how much they lie; I know several Universal Medicine members and they certainly do not behave in the restrained way that these Facebook users want everyone to believe.

Also, if one looks at their pages, it is obvious that these people have completed removed any sort of opposing value system and have completely given themselves to Serge's commands. The only 'likes' they have are of books by Serge Benhayon or music by Chris James, and the few friends they have are mostly from the UM area or are 'esoteric' practitioners. Does this not contradict their claims that 'I've met Serge he hasn't asked me do anything or believe in anything, just feel that there may be a different way to life', or that 'I have never been told what to do or been encouraged to spend lots of money, or stay dependent on them, serge actively discourages 'followers'. How are they supposed to present a balanced view? Serge's trick is precisely to make those following him believe they aren't followers, a sort of doublespeak that allows them to claim they are free and independent whilst totally lapping up every word he says. The mechanical way that all UM followers, including those that I know, defend themselves illustrates this clearly.

(name omitted for privacy-Corboy): So why is it Hambone and Lachlan that UniMed has you concerned. Is it because it stirs something inside of you?

It all comes down to choice and that word called freedom. Brain washed,lost souls, born again or what ever, people go looking for their truth in all sorts of ways, some find it in religion others sitting on top of a mountain and for some listening to another speak and what they have said touches a truth inside of them,if this happens why the fuss. I've met Serge he hasn't asked me do anything or believe in anything, just feel that there may be a different way to life. I haven't paid out thousands of dollars nor have I been asked to contribute on a daily,weekly or yearly basis. I work, have a house to pay off it's all normal. So I sit and listen to a guy speak about truth, love and being honest to ones-self, I don't feel that makes me a cult victim but I'm sure there are others out there who will see and read my words differently, that's ok for it happens, people have been bastardizing others words for years.

· (name omitted for privacy--Corboy)This is a brilliant response mark, so honest and simple, thanks so much for sharing
Friday at 3:04am · Like
·
(Name omitted for privacy-Corboy) Who serge may or may not have been is not what draws me to unimed. I am drawn to the love I have felt in each and every interaction I have had with them and most importantly that I have exactly the same love living within me when I choose it. Unimed fails every description of a cult- I have never been told what to do or been encouraged to spend lots of money, or stay dependent on them, serge actively discourages 'followers' , he just presents the teachings and the possibilty for those who wish it to integrate. Feelings this amazing within myself is priceless, my family are noticing, my colleagues are noticing and so are others around me. I don't wish to influence anyone, just enjoy my life in a loving way and if that inspires another to do the same so be it. I work in the health system and I can't help but notice how far away so many people are from feeling truly well in themselves and how our rates of illness and disease are escalating. Maybe the human race has got something very wrong and maybe we can try to at least see if another way of living could be worth consodering
Friday at 1:42pm · Like · 1
·
(name omitted for privacy—Corboy. Another person replied to Felicity's post)Felicity:

1: Check out the blog I posted on this page just recently - you are clearly wrong that UM 'fails' every description of a cult, in fact it satisfies almost every single major criteria.

It is revealing that everyone who posts to defend UM basically responds in a prescripted, robotic away, uttering the same basic phrases and arguments, it shows the extent of your indoctrination with these beliefs. Instead of analysing things for yourself you just blurt out pre-programmed responses, most of which are false anyways.

For example, the claim about never been encouraged to spend money or being 'told what to do' is absolute lies, I know several followers of UM and they both spend lots of money and have their basic behaviour totally governed by Serge. You are made to feel that unless you regularly see practitioners, buy the products, and attend workshops, you are in the wrong 'energy', and Serge also uses this to tell people what to do 'i.e. sleep at this time, eat this food, like this art, believe this claim etc. I know that he claims that he doesn't force anyone to do anything, but the fact of the matter is that he is so good at implanting his beliefs into his followers that he doesn't need to, they do it for him. This is still a form of forcing people to do something, just a more subliminal form.

Perhaps you say you feel better, but this is based on delusional beliefs and is not healthy. Many people claim to feel 'happy' or 'well' by following destructive beliefs, I'm sure Al-Queda or Charles Manson followers feel great with their brainwashing, but that doesn't justify it or make it any less harmful.

And regarding the health system, medicine isn't perfect, but it has done far more for human health than any pseudoscientific babbling has done in thousands of years. Rates of disease are NOT escalating, Serge's claim about that is fabricated and misleading, in fact most major diseases have seen their mortality rates drop hugely. So again you are wrong. Increased cancer etc which Serge likes to claim is an effect of 'energetic' problems is just a consequence of growing ageing populations in industrialised nations, which exist BECAUSE of health improvements.

Good day

From Google cache accessed February 23rd 2012 8:09 am PST)

[webcache.googleusercontent.com]

Universal Medicine: Manipulative Cult
A comprehensive look at this dangerously under examined organization

Saturday, 28 January 2012
Welcome
If you are looking at this site, you most likely are either a current member of Universal Medicine experiencing a healthy sense of doubt, or you are a relative or friend of a person who has been caught in the organisation's dangerous web. To the former, I hope to present an analysis underlining the unsavoury elements of the group's ideology which will perhaps trigger a critical reaction or at least a glimmer of suspicion. As for the latter, this can be a place where you can share your frustrations, successes, and just discuss opinions with those who have been similarly negatively affected. Given my experiences so far, such people are not in short supply. It can be incredibly saddening and frightening to see those close to you slowly drift away from reality towards a group psychology aggressive to all debate, so hopefully this page can both be a solace and an impetus towards helping those affected. To freedom!

Members of Universal Medicine make claims about feeling more alert, healthier, more emotionally stable etc and whilst these are all great, if it is all based on a foundation of pseudoscience, group mental/psychological manipulation and a charismatic cult of personality, then those gains are null and void. Would you say that a labour slave was happy, even if he believed that his master loved him and that he was well-treated?

A slave is a slave, and the unquestioning way with which UM followers have accepted Serge Benhayon's doctrines is tantamount to or even worse than physical slavery.

Serge Benhayon likes to claim that major religions brainwash or fabricate truth and whilst this is valid, how does it make Universal Medicine look any better? They are based on the same principles of unchallengeable religious authority and a moralistic categorization of reality, so they are ultimately the same. Is a man who 'only' abuses 2 children a better person than one who abuses ten? The degree of manipulation is not the issue here, and the end result is the same, major religion or not.

Although freedom of expression/belief is important, UM members tend to become self-absorbed and aggressive with their views, and it becomes impossible to have any kind of conversation regardless of topic without them bringing in their beliefs, and always in an extremely condescending way. This can make relationships difficult to handle as members always believe that converting friends or family is the only way they can be happy.

For a person who believes strongly in the use of empiricism and logic versus the irrationality of faith, such mental slavery is truly shocking. Members become almost completely incapable of looking at any event outside of the paradigm that they have been absorbed into, and react aggressively when this is challenged, especially when effort is expended on pointing out inconsistencies and contradictions in its doctrines, which are endless. For example:

They believe in past lives and an invisible and immeasurable energy force which regulates the entire physical world, regardless of actual scientific explanation. They follow fabricated charts which invent functions for the body such as thigh muscles which hold childhood memories, or kidneys which contain evil energies called 'Prana', and these consequently allow Serge Benhayon and his accomplices to claim authority in curing illness, which they 'do' by treating their own invented causes.

Such absurdities allow Serge to gain complete mental and emotional dominance over his slaves; because they believe Serge has access to these 'energies', they let him assume complete control over the way they live their lives: he decides what they eat, what art they like (Da Vinci is a favorite), what music they listen to, what time they sleep, who they mix with, and most frighteningly, what they think.

The cult encourages a highly negative attitude towards the mind, encouraging an emphasis on vague faculties such as 'feeling' and 'listening to oneself'. These doctrines combined are incredibly convenient in manipulating members, as Serge Benhayon is the one who decides and teaches members what 'correct' feeling is, yet he does it in a way which makes them believe they are attaining these realisations themselves. Yet if one was to decide that one 'felt' like eating gluten or sleeping at 2 in the morning, Serge would claim that you are not 'feeling' things properly. Such genius could be put to better use.

This clever manipulation is further illustrated by his claim that his members are not 'followers', and he is not 'teaching' them anything, only revealing what they already know (what does that even mean?). But it lets him deflect attention away from his own domination and deludes his followers into believing that they have somehow retained their own freedom, and in the same way the devaluation of the intellect in his value system allows him to dismiss anyone who tries to challenge him logically by pointing out the endless contradictions in his system.

Another of the more disturbing aspect of Universal Medicine is its targeting of the emotionally vulnerable; women are a key target, and truly serious issues of female abuse are tapped into with quack therapies such as 'breast massage therapy'. This of course extends beyond women, and people who have dealt with illness, loss, both financial and emotional, are the main demographic hooked in.

Serge Benhayon claims he isn’t brainwashing people, but when one is sitting in a tent, with a man on stage lecturing over you for several hours, making baseless claims about health, politics, morality etc, talking about imaginary energies that regulate the world, and pushing you to follow behaviours which conform to these 'energies', then it is difficult to find a more precise word.

Of course Serge is clever enough to claim that he is only revealing 'truths' that members already know, so that he can deflect away the fact that he is directly manipulating them. But in the end that is all he is doing, and the sooner those caught up in this tragedy awaken the better.

Universal Medicine and Serge describe themselves as not being a ‘cult’, yet common criteria used to categorize dangerous groups do not seem to support this claim; below are a list of these, and their applicability to UM.

1. Absolute authoritarianism without meaningful accountability: Serge claims to receive knowledge from transcendent sources, he calls himself a messenger. This allows him to deflect responsibility from his manipulation and put himself out of reach of criticism.

2. No tolerance for questions or critical inquiry: Serge expertly uses the device of devaluing the mind, which allows him to dismiss all criticisms based on critical reflection and analysis. Despite the innumerable contradictions in his doctrines, his followers believe so strongly in anti-intellectualism that they put themselves out of reach of genuine reflection.

3. No meaningful financial disclosure regarding budget, expenses such as an independently audited financial statement: Does not exist.

4. Unreasonable fear about the outside world, such as impending catastrophe, evil conspiracies and persecutions: Serge talks frequently about his ability to predict future dangerous trends in sickness and disaster, and often describes future trajectories using apocalyptic language, cynically creating an emotional despair in his followers which drives them into adopting his doctrines, in order to escape this frightening vision.

5. There is no legitimate reason to leave, former followers are always wrong in leaving, negative or even evil: Despite Universal Medicine's rhetoric that people are free to leave or join as they please, they clearly view themselves as the only possibility for living a truly good life, and consequently this implies that all who leave are of a lower status than members. Members frequently use moralistic language to describe those who reject doctrines, e.g. 'she isn't ready for this', 'one day she will 'get' it'.

6. Followers feel they can never be "good enough: Serge describes his 'way' as a never-ending process. One is on a constant path of 'clearing' and improvement, this keeps the money flowing and the followers eternally hooked.

6. The group/leader is always right: Obviously applies to Serge and UM

7. The group/leader is the exclusive means of knowing "truth" or receiving validation, no other process of discovery is really acceptable or credible: As mentioned above, Serge describes himself as a channeller of knowledge, which regular members do not have. Despite protestations to the contrary, he is the only source of correct behaviour in the group.

The criteria for unsafe behaviour among group members themselves also coincides well with the attitudes of Universal Medicine followers. The following all describe UM members accurately

1. Extreme obsessiveness regarding the group/leader resulting in the exclusion of almost every practical consideration.

2. Individual identity, the group, the leader and/or God as distinct and separate categories of existence become increasingly blurred. Instead, in the follower's mind these identities become substantially and increasingly fused--as that person's involvement with the group/leader continues and deepens.

3. Whenever the group/leader is criticized or questioned it is characterized as "persecution".

4. Uncharacteristically stilted and seemingly programmed conversation and mannerisms, cloning of the group/leader in personal behavior.

5. Dependency upon the group/leader for problem solving, solutions, and definitions without meaningful reflective thought. A seeming inability to think independently or analyze situations without group/leader involvement.

6. Hyperactivity centered on the group/leader agenda, which seems to supercede any personal goals or individual interests.

7. A dramatic loss of spontaneity and sense of humor.

8. Increasing isolation from family and old friends unless they demonstrate an interest in the group/leader.

9. Anything the group/leader does can be justified no matter how harsh or harmful.

10. Former followers are at best-considered negative or worse evil and under bad influences. They can not be trusted and personal contact is avoided.
Posted by marko23 at 00:30

Email ThisBlogThis!Share to TwitterShare to Facebook
1 comments:
fee mcfeeJan 29, 2012 05:05 AM

I thank God for people like you.My partner was heavily involved with this sinister cult for nearly 18 months .She drifted away from our family and I finally gave her the choice of us or Serge Benhayon ,Chris James and the insidious organization that they run . She is an intelligent person and I had to fight hard to reveal the truth about UM. I thank cultevasion.blogspot.com , your recent blog and all those courageous people who have made comments . I now have my beautiful wife back and I hope UM and all it's associates pay for the damage they have done

Date: February 24, 2012 12:42AM

Text from an advert for Esoteric Breast Massage.

http://www.esoteric-breast-massage.com/

WELCOME To ESOTERIC BREAST MASSAGE
The breasts are emanators of a quality of DIVINE TRUTH that begins at the heart. The heart in connection to the pubic bone chakra, which is aligned to the ovaries, brings the emanation of nurturing out for all to have.

Without this connection the breasts receive the end results of the disharmony.

The breasts are an area of a woman’s body that is not fully comprehended for what it truly is. Of course, we know that the breasts are for feeding the developing young, but what is not known is that they emanate, if and only if they are clear, the 'LIGHT OF NURTURING'. If the ’light of nurturing’ is emanated, this natural and lost true way of being will be re-instated. This knowledge is in-line with and equal in importance to the way the shoulders of a man can emanate ‘the light of caring‘ for another.

The breasts cannot emanate the 'LIGHT OF NURTURING'

if the woman is not self-nurturing.

Unfortunately, and to our own demise, as a result of the women having to resort to a more male driven energy to get through what is demanded of them to simply win back some form of equality in society, they have lost their inner-instincts to self-nurture – thus the lack of true self-nurturing that now prevails in our world. In energetic truth, it is not only the women that get directly affected by this ill-way of being, but we all do - as a result of the lack of this light impulsing and inspiring us to be more self-loving.

Lack of self-nurturing is now a significant global problem and
in particular for women, as it is the energetic cause of breast cancer and
its ill rise in our societies everywhere.

For a long time women have been accepting, or treating as normal, the fact that they get a few lumps in their breasts at every cycle or at some point in time. Some have them there all of the time. We are told/taught that these lumps are ok in some way and that because they are just benign or just simple ‘lumps’, there needs to be no concern. Of course, this is true from a terminal illness point of view, but not so if energetic truth is sought. The fact that they are there is demonstrating that something is not in harmony. If there is no harmony, there is no true light.

This is significant, for without our true light, not only do we suffer from our lesser way of being but so too does all else suffer from our lesser way of being with them.

Our breasts hold energetic imposts - these come from how we feel about our breasts as in: ‘I hate my breasts’, ‘they are too big’, ‘too small’, ‘I do not want to develop breasts as they attract the wrong sort of attention’ etc. In effect any one thing you think ill about yourself as a woman affects your breasts and ovaries. Then there are the external imposts from men, for example men who use breasts as their classification of attraction. And then there are those from society, i.e. ‘you did not breastfeed for long enough’, etc. So there are many imposts in the breasts. This is a huge issue. The Esoteric Breast Massage (EBM) can help clear the imposed ills that come from ourselves and from those who impose on us.

“We must free the woman to allow her to truly be in every way
so that we can benefit from her living stillness and natural nurturing ways.”
~ SB

Every time your breasts get affected, that is, sore or lumpy, it can contribute to a lung condition, and a digestive issue. And if the breasts are affected, so too are the ovaries, which emanate the ‘light of Femaleness’, and hence, they too are suppressed and contracted from their natural way of impulsing – this actually occurs – they then affect the breasts.

‘The woman’s breasts belong to the woman’

The woman's breasts are not sexual objects.
The woman's breasts are not feeders for the young.
A woman’s breasts belong to her.

The breasts can be lovingly used sexually or they can be lovingly used to feed the young, but they must come back to the woman as they belong to the woman.
It is important that this is understood. The breasts are attached to the woman and thus naturally belong to her as part of her body. By choice, what they do and or how they are used is one thing, but they must not belong to the form of usage, for that is where the confusion leads to the neglect and eventually the unconscious resentment.

The woman must be enriched by her own body parts. In this case, if a woman’s breasts are not loved and adored as they are, in whatever shape or size they are, they can be neglected and or, they can become objects that are used for everyone else but herself.

The Esoteric Breast Massage assists to heal many issues such as painful periods, polycystic ovaries, endometriosis, bloating/water retention, and pre-menstrual and menopausal symptoms.

It is not surprising to see the amazing results, but most importantly, the deeply revealing discoveries that women are making about themselves through the release of what is insidiously held in their nurturing centres – their breasts.

We have information on the practitioners or if you have questions please see our Q&A

HOME
Q & A (FAQ)
PRACTITIONERS
ARTICLES
EVENTS
TESTIMONIALS
ORIGINS
RESOURCES
CONTACT US
EBM Newsletter
Subscriptions
Subscribe to EBM News & Events
EBM News Australia
EBM News International
email: *
Events
Sat 11 Feb 14:30 - 15:30
Esoteric Developers Women's Group - Sydney, February 2012
Sat 18 Feb 17:00 - 18:00
An Esoteric Presentation for Women - February, Lennox Head
Calendar
« February »

All content is © Copyright by Serge Benhayon and EBM Practitoners - 2008 | Best viewed using Firefox or IE 7 | Designed by Design-Arts