Current Page: 2 of 169
Re: Universal medicine
Posted by: HerbertKane178 ()
Date: February 22, 2012 06:46AM

meant to say "thank you for what you say" shimwah!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: shimwah ()
Date: February 22, 2012 05:48PM

You are welcome HerbertKane. Pity there are not others from UM that have anything to say.

Except for the blogs you made reference to, that paint an evil picture, there is very little information available outside the official UM website.

All the best.

Posted by: corboy ()
Date: February 23, 2012 01:12AM

The original blog this came from was taken down.

But..this item is from Google cache.

In the old days, manuscripts full of important knowledge were preserved by being copied by rabbis, scribes, and monks, ensuring the texts would survive, even if the original book or scroll vanished.

Today its Google cache.

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:GCao5xLe-2wJ:[cultevasion.blogspot.com]

Bad Beliefs and Fraudulent Faiths

Thursday, 28 April 2011

Experiences and Comments (regarding Universal Medicine)

Hi again,

I've put together a collection of quotes from emails I've received in my research and as a reaction to my blogging. It was a delicate process and I hope I've respectful in my reproduction of what I've received. None of the names I've used are real, but their stories and hurt are.

Kate came to Universal Medicine in 2004 and found it resonated with her deeply, before it was recommended she participate in an Esoteric Breast Massage.

"I find the idea preposterous now. I was content to follow Serge's teachings, but I can't understand the focus on breasts. It's sad because I found the whole philosophy very interesting, but this doubt led me to question the whole thing. In the end, it wasn't EBM but Serge's affiliation with [Alice A.] Bailey that left me too unsure to continue with Universal Medicine."

John came to UM through his wife, and became enthusiastically involved for several years. He left after it begn to cause problems in his family.

"I could understand why my family were a little unsure about it, but I felt like I could really connect with it. I think my wife found some of Serge's stuff a bit spooky, and the kids felt a bit neglected when we'd drive down from Brisbane to Goonellabah and around those kinds of places. It sort of started to cause a few fights, and a few of my friends looked into it and they showed us the inconsistencies of some of Serge's ideas about emotion. I think the reason we stuck with it for so long was because of Serge's charisma."

Julie joined an esoteric meditation group in Bendigo, which led her to UM.
"It's such a shame - I feel sort of silly. It ended up costing me so much money, which is the really stupid part. But I'm trying not to blame myself. It was a bit of group psychology and the social acceptance that I craved, and a few friends and I have left. We can laugh about it now, but it's worrying how easy it is to get sucked in."

Comments from others who were never affiliated with Universal Medicine:
"It's a clever kind of organisation - based right in the heart of alternative culture, lots of ideas that resonate broadly, and some really effective affiliated groups. A good business plan to begin with, really."

"It does show a lot of the characteristics of being a cult. Vague ideas that people relate to and a competent leader. What you said about counterfeit information and manipulation is correct, and that is the unequivocally deceptive part about it. I wouldn't say it's sinister, but it's dangerous in the effect it can have on people."

While leaving a group such as this is a big step, I know from my experience with my own family that the process can be as empowering as the belief systems presented, and that it can bring families closer together. What I hope most of all, though, is that this is not patterned behaviour. I hope those who are attracted to groups such as Universal Medicine don't continually look for other belief systems to find solace.

It is enough to believe in oneself and in humanity, despite whatever flaws and problems one can see or encounter. As Benhayon has said, one cannot find "truth" outside of oneself. If you are searching for something, question what faith in something intangible will really bring.With all groups, in fact, please endeavour to consider the basis for information that is presented, and what evidence there is for its truth above any other equivalent faith, belief or lifestyle.

This month has been a tough one - a lot of time and effort has gone into these blog posts, so I'll give myself a break from research after my next one. The last post for the month will be on Sathya Sai Baba, an Indian spiritual figure and his affiliated organisations which have been plagued by controversy, including allegations of sexual abuse.

Thank you,
Yvonne

Further Reading (for all three posts on theosophy, esotericism and Universal Medicine)

K. Paul Johnson, The Masters Revealed: Madam Blavatsky and Myth of the Great White Brotherhood Albany, New York: 1994 State University of New York Press

Nicholas Weeks, Theosophy's Shadow: A Critical Look at the Claims and Teachings of Alice A. Bailey. blavatskyarchives.com.

Bruce F. Campbell, Ancient Wisdom Revived: a History of the Theosophical Movement, University of California Press, Berkeley, 1980.
Janet Williams, The What if...? Treatise, universalmedicine.com.au.

Vernon Harrison, Ph. D. H. P. BLAVATSKY and the SPR: An Examination of the Hodgson Report of 1885, theosociety.org

Various Alice A. Bailey books, notably A Treatise on the Seven Rays, Vol 4: Esoteric Healing. Lucis Trust. 1953.

Various Serge Benhayon books, notably The Way It Is: A Treatise on Energetic Truth, UniMed Publishing, 2006. (note the almost identical cover to Bailey's books.)

universalmedicine.com.au

ascendedmasters.ac

thesociety.org

esoteric-breast-massage.com

Posted by Yvonne McIlwain at 07:39
Email ThisBlogThis!Share to TwitterShare to Facebook
12 comments:
Leonard DiulioJul 21, 2011 08:05 AM

Those comments are correct - it is a clever organisation. My heart goes out to Julie especially - I wonder how many others put so much money in, only to end up feeling cheated.

Thanks for providing such a wealth of information for everyone to read!ReplyDelete
Krissy FryeJul 21, 2011 08:31 AM

Wow...my sister is part of this stuff...I thought it sounded a bit weird, but I never knew it was so sus!

Righto then...explains a bit for sure...ReplyDelete
Mr. YSep 12, 2011 08:19 PM

This comment has been removed by the author.ReplyDelete
Joeygirl25Nov 14, 2011 02:23 AM

I've been getting healing sessions and I've been to a few students houses for this ~ and they all seemed to have a picture of mona Lisa on the wall. When I asked further about this I was told that serge believes he was Leo da vinci in a previous life! I had to laugh really cos he's so arrogant & manipulative of course he would say that!

Also u will find that every healers house has serge's books on the shelves and nothing else. And the universal medicine endorsed CDs playing and nothing else (poor musicianship on these CDs by the way ~ aweful sounding vocals) !
Now if that's not brainwashing I don't know what is....
The sad thing is these healers are often very talented & loving people. But they only see life through serge's eyes not their own. They often ask themselves 'what would serge do/say' when faced with dilemma.
And I find this really sad.
And not 'esoteric' at all.

And yes where does all the money go!?!?!?!???? A 4 day course in vietnam is $1800!?

Hellooo!?ReplyDelete

Joeygirl25Nov 14, 2011 02:47 AM

And while I'm at it ~ u will also find (well I did from my observations) that the advanced Unimed students are all exceptionally thin & have little muscle tone, especially in the butt area. This is because serge recommends eating very small portions & only exercising lightly. The Unimed endorsed yoga classes burn as much calories as u would in your sleep. In fact in one class i fell asleep! Very little movement. Same goes for the exercise classes. Fine if ur 90 but I'm not quite 30 & i personally like to move!! Serge also says u shouldn't run/jog... It puts stress on the body... But I just couldn't do that to myself. Give up something I love...

But this is what Unimed asks u to do CONSTANTLY.ReplyDelete
Replies

GeorgeJan 19, 2012 07:30 PM
Interesting, I still do many things that Serge has suggested were not good. I don't just listen to the Cd's and personally don't like Chris James that much I find his voice irritating. I am a guitarist myself and there is nothing poor about his musicianship, the man is quite skilled in his art. I have plenty other books on my bookshelf. I don't have a picture of Mona Lisa on my wall. Serge never tells me or anyone what to do. (Sadly there are people that try to do whatever he say's). I was told the other day that surfing cannot be made esoteric. I will continue to surf regardless. I will also continue to live by as many of the sound loving principles that I can.Delete

nofooliamDec 22, 2011 07:01 PM
I just wish UM'ers didn't think they have the exclusive license on self-improvement. In their world you have to 'do the work, (eg. spend the money on courses) and if you don't 'do the work' you are doomed to another umpteen-thousand reincarnations (sounds a bit like the Catholic Church's using 'Hell' as a motivation to fill their coffers).
Oh, yes, have you even attempted to read any of the Serge's Blue Books? Anyone who can get through just one of those without falling asleep by rights should never have to come back as a human again.

Lighten up UM! Not everyone needs to follow your path. Some of us have managed to break our addictions and move forward in life by other means.ReplyDelete

lifetrueformeJan 16, 2012 01:18 PM
How can you argue with this pg 322 The Way of the Initiation "Forget not that it is in the mind (the human intellect - the lowermind) they want, and they can easily have it in the most intelligent person, for that person without the inner-heart and its soulful connection, is , but a mere puppet for them even though the pride and intelligence of the puppet here described will proudly defend this fact with all their intelligent might!"

does that mean I am an intelligent puppet. Serge is talking about the evil Pranic Consciousness of the Lords of Form. .ReplyDelete
Replies

Rachel PJan 17, 2012 09:27 AM
Most of the writing sounds like an attempt to sound like an ancient text. Perhaps as Serge sees himself as a reincarnation of Alice Bailey he is trying to 'channel' her voice in some pathetic hope to add validation to his writing. The end result is an incomprehensible mess. How intelligent people fall for this is the biggest mystery of the whole UM debacle.Delete

lifetrueformeJan 18, 2012 07:49 PM
Yes I agree with you Rachel. I am fascinated by the whole "cult" or "dogma" thing. It interests me that people really believe this and if they don't follow the esoteric way they will reincarnate as some low life person. I think for me that I could have been one of those people that fell for it, so to see it clearly now and to read the texts from a completely other perspective, it seems ludicrous.Delete
marko23Jan 16, 2012 02:44 PM

why do you even bother trying to decipher this rubbish?ReplyDelete
GARYSPEEDJan 28, 2012 01:05 AM
A new blog about Universal Medicine:

[umsupportgroup.blogspot.com]
Add comment
Load more...

Newer Post Older Post Home
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Followers

Historical note: another and much earlier fringe movement that developed from Alice Bailey was Assagioli's Psychosynthesis.

I want to mention a bit about Assagioli just in case UM shares any background or social affiliation with psychosynthesis practitioners.

Psychosynthesis has been referred to by its devotees as 'a psychology of the spirit'.

Assagioli, a psychotherapist, chose to keep secret for many years that he got much of his material from Bailey, for he did not want to compromise his own standing as a professional psychotherapist. He called this the Wall of Silence.

I would call it a situation in which new arrivals could not make an informed adult decision about what they were being invited to get involved. with.

[www.google.com]

[webcache.googleusercontent.com]

Roberto Assagioli, Psychosynthesis,and the Esoteric Roots of Transpersonal Psychologyby Al Mankoff

(excerpt from a longer article)

While Assagioli’s public work is well-established and a matter of historical record, hisassociation with the Tibetan Master, Djwahl Kuhl, is shrouded in the mists of time.

Except for adiminishing circle of people who were close to Assagioli and were aware of the connection, andwho studied with him and are still alive today, nothing would be known of the esotericbackground of his work.

Previous writers have only hinted at the depth of Assagioli’s involvement with the esoterictradition, just as few today know of the roots of women’s suffrage that lie in the Spiritualistmovement of the 19th century.Peter Roche de Coppens, one of the few to so much as hint at the Assagioli-Tibetanconnection, wrote in Quest Magazine in August, 1994:“Assagioli developed a friendship with Alice A. Bailey, who connected him with spiritualtraditions, the esoteric mysteries, and the teachings that she had articulated in numerousbooks” – read, “The Tibetan!”
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Page 5
– 5 –Perhaps the most mysterious assignment Assagioli received from the Tibetan Master was aninstruction to

“... establish a world-wide group to simultaneously and continually meditate upon theLaws and Principles of the New Age: The Law of Right Human Relations and thePrinciple of Goodwill; The Law of Group Endeavor and the Principle of Unanimity; TheLaw of Spiritual Approach and the Principle of Essential Divinity.”

In the 1960s, Assagioli assembled a group of devoted friends who could be called his own“disciples” from several European countries and from the United States. He called this group“the committee.”

They met with him in Italy and began drafting a series of leaflets defining theLaws and the Principles together with appropriate meditative techniques.

These were in turnrefined and fleshed out by Assagioli himself. When the core group of disciples returned to theirhome lands, the booklets were published under the name of the Meditation Group for the NewAge.

Each booklet carried Assagioli’s byline.In the United States, the booklets evolved into a three year basic study now known as TheMeditation Group for the New Age, and a ten-year continuation study of the Laws and Principles,known as The Group for Creative Meditation. The studies are distributed world-wide at no costto participants by a non-profit corporation known as Meditation Groups, Inc.

The groupdistributes Assagioli’s materials to more than 7500 workers in 85 countries around the world,thus fulfilling the Tibetan Master’s instructions to Roberto Assagioli.

This world-wide groupmeditates every day on the Laws and Principles, as one.

Because the practice of meditation during the early years was looked upon as an Easternaberration and because Assagioli’s pioneering work with professional therapists was highlysensitive in its earliest years, no hint of the esoteric underpinnings could be made public.

Hadthis happened at the time, Assagioli and his breakthrough ideas would have been subject toridicule by his academic colleagues and he would have been denounced and ostracized from theexclusive fraternity of psychologists and psychotherapists.
The work, of course, would havefailed or at least been severely diminished.

(noteHe would have been ostracized not because psychologists and psychotherapists are exclusive, but becasue to be a professional in those areas, one must adhere to legally mandated standards of care and that means only offering therapies that have been tested using scientific method, and published in peer reviewed journalis. Esotericism, with its secrecy, is by nature anti scientific--in science, information is shared, not concealed. A Tibetan spirit guide does not meet scientific standards as a source of information. (Corboy)

Well aware of this threat, (created by his own unwillingness to operate as a sciuentist and not as a charismatic leader Corboy_Assagioli wisely instituted what became known to his disciples as“The Wall of Silence.”

Only those closest to him in the esoteric aspects of his work were awareof the true roots of Psychosynthesis and they in turn were pledged to absolute silence. (Secrets make you sick--Corboy)

The“Wall” stood for all these many years, until now, in a more enlightened time, the true esotericnature of Assagioli’s pioneering work may be revealed.

(Translation the times are now more anti science - Corboy)

That he was an active disciple of the Tibetan Master, that his work had a definite beginningon the inner side of life and was Divinely Inspired, can no longer be contested and must remainhenceforth as a matter of public record.More importantly, his work and the work of his fellow disciples, stand as solid evidence inthis world of the presence among us of advanced beings, men who have managed to break thebonds of earth and who walk with the Angels, having learned the secret of immortality, so aptlydescribed in Harold Waldwin Percival’s remarkable book, Thinking and Destiny.These are men – and women – who have bridged the seen and unseen worlds and who live inperfected human bodies beyond the wheel of life and death.

Date: February 23, 2012 01:22AM

Yes, those blogs don't have anything good to say about UM. I've found a few other discussion groups as well as them that also don't have much good to say about it either.

Some are quite mocking, some are quite serious, but it does seem that this group, which is actually pretty small (and that may well account for the lack of interent presence) on the whole has nothing positive said about it, apart from what they originate either themselves or by members who seem to be working for it - selling breast massages (?!) etc.

Date: February 23, 2012 01:35AM

Thank you corboy, that's a great post, very informative.

This sentence "I would call it a situation in which new arrivals could not make an informed adult decision about what they were being invited to get involved with" is very interesting. I'm going to research more this other group as there seems to be similarities there, if nothing else, than following Alice Bailey

Re: Universal medicine - here's another page from that deleted blog...
Date: February 23, 2012 01:55AM

Bad Beliefs and Fraudulent Faiths

FRIDAY, 15 APRIL 2011

Universal Medicine (and a world of associations)
Little has been written about Universal Medicine other than by those who lead the movement, or those considered to be part of "the Hierarchy". Obviously this presents an issue regarding neutrality! What I've collected here is as much information that highlights questionable teachings, counterfeit beliefs and bad practices. I've received emails from previous members, relatives of members, experts in new age religion and psychology and have attempted to contact the group's leader, Serge Benhayon, personally.

Another difficulty regarding an assessment of Universal Medicine is the innumerable links it has to other leaders, groups and theosophical ideas due to its association with the "esoteric" teachings of spiritual leaders and writers Alice A. Bailey, Helena Blavatsky, Djwhal Khul and others known as the Masters of the Ancient Wisdom, (the Spiritual Hierarchy, or simply the Hierarchy). These links show an immensely complex history of ideas that are often contradictory, disproved or as I've found in my research, impossible to back up with any shred of evidence. From here, their followers appear to rely on blind faith. The aforementioned theosophists have all been at different times announced as being fraudulent, racist (due to their racial theories, especially those regarding the Jewish people and those of African descent), or in Blavatsky's case, a charlatan, a false medium, and a falsifier of letters. The Hodgson Report by the Society for Psychical Research concluded that Blavatsky was "one of the most gifted, ingenious and interesting impostors in history." Blavatsky is also alleged to have categorised indigenous Tasmanians and certain hill tribes in China as belonging to semi-animal tribes or races of "Lemurian" ethnicity due to the amount of hair covering their body.
I would argue that all humans are animals, since we are mammals after all. Try making sense of her racial theories. Written without the aid of modern genetic studies, they moreso resemble theosophically Darwinist eugenics.

Now onto the group in question: Universal Medicine (UniMed) and its revered founder and director Serge Benhayon.

There is no mention of Benhayon pre-1999, aside from rumours he was once a junior tennis coach. He came flying out of the 90s with a New Age belief system basically using the writings of Alice A. Bailey and other theosophy figureheads as a foundation. While he does acknowledge these so-called "Masters of the Ancient Wisdom", he manages to distance himself just enough to justify writing his own books - something of a modern take on the subject, or merely an equally ambiguous and convoluted regurgitation of ideas. The most frustrating thing of all is that his writing is so poor, he seems to rely on excruciatingly long sentences, poor syntax, little punctuation, bad grammar and invented words to get his point across - which, due to these factors, is not often. It is almost as if you're expected to take his word for truth simply because it would take years to actually extract relevant and useful meaning from his "studies".

Testimonials and positive comments/feedback can be found on the books from figures known only in initials - J.W and D.K for example. J.W. is actually Janet Williams, an early student and author of the "What If" treatise (it is actually an essay, although the less used word does give it a sense of importance).
D.K. is Djwal (or Djwhal) Khul, an eastern guru who may or may not have existed - the only evidence being his influence in the writings of theosophists and a grainy photograph (I've got a grainy photograph of the Loch Ness Monster too!) K. Paul Johnson asserts that he may be moreso an idealisation of one of Bailey's mentors. In fact, the Hierarchy to which Benhayon refers is a cloud of characters, some real, some unknown and some long, long dead. In an interview with Gayle Cue of Radio Bay FM, he actually claims to be part of a spiritual lineage following Djwal Khul and Alice Bailey. Even if we assume for a minute that they present genuinely useful and ethical ideas, it strikes me as arrogant for someone who has emerged from a career as a tennis coach to suddenly announce himself as a spiritual leader (or presenter) and claim telepathy with these characters. In that same interview he claims to know where Elvis Presley's reincarnation is living as a 13 year old girl - the information is classified, obviously. He also dismisses Buddhist beliefs regarding reincarnation with striking smugness ("we do not come back as caterpillars or anything like that, sorry Buddhists, we do not”) as though his Elvis theory is far less ridiculous......

Serge Benhayon also homes in on a few words that are key to his teachings. Most important among these are the words esoteric and energetic truth. Esoteric is commonly understood to describe something that is "intended for or likely to be understood by only a small number of people with a specialized knowledge or interest." This seems counter-productive when attempting to bring joy and love to a greater number of people. In Universal Medicine, however, esoteric means simply "inner-most". However, it is so ubiquitous that it loses that meaning as well, and seems to be more of a buzzword to begin or fill out weak sentences. Benhayon claims that everything in the world is energy - a claim that has some scientific truth when viewed from certain perspectives. His definition of energetic truth: that which is said, spoken, stated, thought, acted and/or expressed with absolute energetic integrity, which stems from the Inner-Most truth.

One really does need to put in days of reading to get to the heart of it all and understand it. The problem one faces is - what's really at the heart of it all? Where's the evidence for any of it? What is it about Serge Benhayon that compels people to listen and believe? Is it the mysticism surrounding the Hierarchy, the dulcit tones of his monotonous and hypnotic FM radio voice, or is it really the information he presents? His radio interviews show his lack of nous regarding the English language just as readily as a paragraph of his books. At times one can hear Gayle Cue struggle to connect what he says with a central idea, and relies on him to continue talking to find the next idea to rest on.

I think I'll have to leave it here for this post. Trying to cover the multitudinous errors in this groups belief system, its presentation etc., is a hard slog. It's perhaps more difficult working out why it is so convincing to some when it is so convoluted in the first place. What is it members really latch on to?
Posted by Yvonne McIlwain at 23:18
Email This
BlogThis!
Share to Twitter
Share to Facebook

5 comments:

beloveOct 13, 2011 11:12 PM
This comment has been removed by the author.

DeltanNov 24, 2011 04:57 AM
I thinks its important that "Serge" is exposed as yet another cult...I lost a friend to this nonsense...she started going to sleep befroe 9pm everyday because Serge said so...
Keep going at this blog as im sure it will help people..

nofooliamDec 9, 2011 03:24 PM
It seems a bit odd that a Wikipedia entry on Serge Behayon a year or so brought up a less than positive assessment of the movement, and now there is no reference to Serge or Universal Medicine on Wiki.
Keep this Blog active, please, because the everyone's truth must be heard and not suppressed or buried. Cult, probably not. Money making machine? Definitely.

8a995fb0-2ce9-11e1-acfa-000bcdcb5194Dec 22, 2011 02:09 PM
I know three people involved in the UK arm of UniMed, and have visited their HQ at 'The Lighthouse'.
The economics of the organisation are apparent but their claims around reincarnation, energetic truth, esotericism, and all other spiritualities are far fetched and unsupported. Each of the three families have split up/the marriages have failed, with most of the blame being attached to male figures.
I talked to two of the husbands; their wives had become involved with UniMed (indeed they'd gone along too), and had withdrawn their bodies from their relationships (only EBM practitioners were allowed to touch their breasts, not their husbands). Their diet had altered, removing alcohol, and their bedtimes had changed so that they rise around 4-5am and sleep by 9pm. Its understandable that at this point these marriages ran into problems, but only by disassociating people from their families and friends can UniMed take control.
The truly sad part is that there are nice people in the organisation - children too- but they're dragged into a philosophy that only isolates them from other, more mainstream beliefs and people, then forges new bonds with other practitioners.

GARYSPEEDJan 28, 2012 01:06 AM
A new blog about UM:

[umsupportgroup.blogspot.com]

Date: February 23, 2012 01:59AM

Heres the crummy thing.

It may be that someone is persuaded to get involved with Unversal Medicine by a trusted friend who herself is in the early and happy stages of involvement.

The friend may herself not know the more distressing features of the group because she is being kept happy and igorant, being told only what she "is ready to know".

Or the friend may be further along and sincerely believe that its for ones own good that one not be told everything all at once.

That is the damned trouble with esoteric groups. They have no respect for non initiates.

They do not believe in the inherant dignity of the ordinary and untransformed human person.

One has dignity only if one is a member of intiates.

Everyone outside the charmed circle is pathetic, unevolved, doomed, or potential enemies.

With that attitude, leaders of these groups feel entitled to lie by omission, giving incomplete information to potential recruits, who would flee if told, in full and up front, all that intiation would require of them.

Date: February 23, 2012 02:30AM

from a site called pastebin

[pastebin.com]

Medicine - CUltBy: a guest on Feb 2nd, 2012 | syntax: None | size: 19.54 KB | hits: 134 | expires: Neverdownload | raw | embed | report abuse
Copied
Official Website: [www.universalmedicine.com.au]

Members of Universal Medicine make claims about feeling more alert, healthier, more emotionally stable etc and whilst these are all great, if it is all based on a foundation of pseudoscience, group mental/psychological manipulation and a charismatic cult of personality, then those gains are null and void. Would you say that a labour slave was happy, even if he believed that his master loved him and that he was well-treated?
A slave is a slave, and the unquestioning way with which UM followers have accepted Serge Benhayon's doctrines is tantamount to or even worse than physical slavery.

Serge Benhayon likes to claim that major religions brainwash or fabricate truth and whilst this is valid, how does it make Universal Medicine look any better? They are based on the same principles of unchallengeable religious authority and a moralistic categorization of reality, so they are ultimately the same. Is a man who 'only' abuses 2 children a better person than one who abuses ten? The degree of manipulation is not the issue here, and the end result is the same, major religion or not.

Although freedom of expression/belief is important, UM members tend to become self-absorbed and aggressive with their views, and it becomes impossible to have any kind of conversation regardless of topic without them bringing in their beliefs, and always in an extremely condescending way. This can make relationships difficult to handle as members always believe that converting friends or family is the only way they can be happy.

For a person who believes strongly in the use of empiricism and logic versus the irrationality of faith, such mental slavery is truly shocking. Members become almost completely incapable of looking at any event outside of the paradigm that they have been absorbed into, and react aggressively when this is challenged, especially when effort is expended on pointing out inconsistencies and contradictions in its doctrines, which are endless. For example:

They believe in past lives and an invisible and immeasurable energy force which regulates the entire physical world, regardless of actual scientific explanation. They follow fabricated charts which invent functions for the body such as thigh muscles which hold childhood memories, or kidneys which contain evil energies called 'Prana', and these consequently allow Serge Benhayon and his accomplices to claim authority in curing illness, which they 'do' by treating their own invented causes.

Such absurdities allow Serge to gain complete mental and emotional dominance over his slaves; because they believe Serge has access to these 'energies', they let him assume complete control over the way they live their lives: he decides what they eat, what art they like (Da Vinci is a favorite), what music they listen to, what time they sleep, who they mix with, and most frighteningly, what they think.

The cult encourages a highly negative attitude towards the mind, encouraging an emphasis on vague faculties such as 'feeling' and 'listening to oneself'. These doctrines combined are incredibly convenient in manipulating members, as Serge Benhayon is the one who decides and teaches members what 'correct' feeling is, yet he does it in a way which makes them believe they are attaining these realisations themselves. Yet if one was to decide that one 'felt' like eating gluten or sleeping at 2 in the morning, Serge would claim that you are not 'feeling' things properly. Such genius could be put to better use.

This clever manipulation is further illustrated by his claim that his members are not 'followers', and he is not 'teaching' them anything, only revealing what they already know (what does that even mean?).

But it lets him deflect attention away from his own domination and deludes his followers into believing that they have somehow retained their own freedom, and in the same way the devaluation of the intellect in his value system allows him to dismiss anyone who tries to challenge him logically by pointing out the endless contradictions in his system.

Another of the more disturbing aspect of Universal Medicine is its targeting of the emotionally vulnerable; women are a key target, and truly serious issues of female abuse are tapped into with quack therapies such as 'breast massage therapy'. This of course extends beyond women, and people who have dealt with illness, loss, both financial and emotional, are the main demographic hooked in.

Serge Benhayon claims he isn’t brainwashing people, but when one is sitting in a tent, with a man on stage lecturing over you for several hours, making baseless claims about health, politics, morality etc, talking about imaginary energies that regulate the world, and pushing you to follow behaviours which conform to these 'energies', then it is difficult to find a more precise word.

Of course Serge is clever enough to claim that he is only revealing 'truths' that members already know, so that he can deflect away the fact that he is directly manipulating them. But in the end that is all he is doing, and the sooner those caught up in this tragedy awaken the better.

Universal Medicine and Serge describe themselves as not being a ‘cult’, yet common criteria used to categorize dangerous groups do not seem to support this claim; below are a list of these, and their applicability to UM.

1. Absolute authoritarianism without meaningful accountability: Serge claims to receive knowledge from transcendent sources, he calls himself a messenger. This allows him to deflect responsibility from his manipulation and put himself out of reach of criticism.

2. No tolerance for questions or critical inquiry: Serge expertly uses the device of devaluing the mind, which allows him to dismiss all criticisms based on critical reflection and analysis. Despite the innumerable contradictions in his doctrines, his followers believe so strongly in anti-intellectualism that they put themselves out of reach of genuine reflection.

3. No meaningful financial disclosure regarding budget, expenses such as an independently audited financial statement: Does not exist.

4. Unreasonable fear about the outside world, such as impending catastrophe, evil conspiracies and persecutions: Serge talks frequently about his ability to predict future dangerous trends in sickness and disaster, and often describes future trajectories using apocalyptic language, cynically creating an emotional despair in his followers which drives them into adopting his doctrines, in order to escape this frightening vision.

5. There is no legitimate reason to leave, former followers are always wrong in leaving, negative or even evil: Despite Universal Medicine's rhetoric that people are free to leave or join as they please, they clearly view themselves as the only possibility for living a truly good life, and consequently this implies that all who leave are of a lower status than members. Members frequently use moralistic language to describe those who reject doctrines, e.g. 'she isn't ready for this', 'one day she will 'get' it'.

6. Followers feel they can never be "good enough: Serge describes his 'way' as a never-ending process. One is on a constant path of 'clearing' and improvement, this keeps the money flowing and the followers eternally hooked.

6. The group/leader is always right: Obviously applies to Serge and UM

7. The group/leader is the exclusive means of knowing "truth" or receiving validation, no other process of discovery is really acceptable or credible: As mentioned above, Serge describes himself as a channeller of knowledge, which regular members do not have. Despite protestations to the contrary, he is the only source of correct behaviour in the group.

The criteria for unsafe behaviour among group members themselves also coincides well with the attitudes of Universal Medicine followers. The following all describe UM members accurately

1. Extreme obsessiveness regarding the group/leader resulting in the exclusion of almost every practical consideration.

2. Individual identity, the group, the leader and/or God as distinct and separate categories of existence become increasingly blurred. Instead, in the follower's mind these identities become substantially and increasingly fused--as that person's involvement with the group/leader continues and deepens.

3. Whenever the group/leader is criticized or questioned it is characterized as "persecution".

4. Uncharacteristically stilted and seemingly programmed conversation and mannerisms, cloning of the group/leader in personal behavior.

5. Dependency upon the group/leader for problem solving, solutions, and definitions without meaningful reflective thought. A seeming inability to think independently or analyze situations without group/leader involvement.

6. Hyperactivity centered on the group/leader agenda, which seems to supercede any personal goals or individual interests.

7. A dramatic loss of spontaneity and sense of humor.

8. Increasing isolation from family and old friends unless they demonstrate an interest in the group/leader.

9. Anything the group/leader does can be justified no matter how harsh or harmful.

10. Former followers are at best-considered negative or worse evil and under bad influences. They can not be trusted and personal contact is avoided.

Assessment of Universal Medicine

There is no doubt that Serge Benhayon is skilled in what he does. His following is evidence of this. He uses a non-threatening way of speaking to deliver complex theories that center around bring joy and love (self-love) included to the world, enabling people to feel empowered and closer to their supposed soul. But this relies on a few simple factors.

Demographic and Attraction

Universal Medicine is based in the Byron Bay area*, an area known for its alternative culture.

(Corboy note: In the United Kingdom, Totnes would be similar, as it is a center for New Age ventures and tolerant of modalities that would be considered cranky/barmy elsewhere. In the United States, Sedona Arizona, and Marin County and Mount Shasta are similar areas. )

(Byron Bay)It is a hotspot for various eastern-influenced healing, meditation and yoga groups, and has an abundance of alternative medicine, hypnotherapy and psychic clinics. A perfect place to start a group which incorporates elements of these practices. What's more, those attracted to the area fit the target demographic for this kind of cult.

(Corboy This is what sociologists term 'cultic milieu'. [forum.culteducation.com])

Those seeking a deeper meaning not offered by the big religions of the world and those already open to alternative ideas. What's more, there is plenty of money in the area, much of it flowing towards counterculture groups.

What Serge has done is used the ideas of Theosophy, and further incorporated elements of major religions around the world to create something that can relate to a wide demographic. Jesus Christ, God, astral energy, the chakra, the Buddhist figure Maitreya, various Sikh, Islam and Hindu ideas and various other eastern ideas all make an appearance in his teachings.

(Corboy note: Sociologist Colin Campbell stated that one characteristic of the cultic milieu is that beliefs that are logically incompatible are treated as fungible/interchangeable. Though Campbell did not say so, it is important to be aware that a high tolerance for logical inconsistency makes evaluation impossible. One can only be accepting or neutral.. When one ignores or is socialized to ignore the importance of logical inconsistency, one becomes vulnerable. )

None of this is his own, of course, although that is not a crime in itself. However, he presents the information as though all those before him (except the Hierarchy) have misinterpreted these ideas and teachings, elevating his cult to a superior level.

And it is Serge Benhayon that asks (discussing Religion, Nationality and Culture in his study on Fiery Sutra) "where does this imposing arrogance come from?"

Despite his claims to endorse self-expression and the individual search for one's essence, it's hard to believe when it is followed by claims that (take a breath):

There is only one path to God.
There are many ways to express that One-Path and so the seeker is left with the confusion of whether something is the true path expressing itself in its many ways or alternatively, is it the astral path pretending to be the path.

It is because of the breadth of his influences that Benhayon can attract followers with his empty rhetoric. But why do his followers stay?

Universal Medicine runs intensives of various lengths (up to a week long) in which followers and those merely "curious" or "experimenting" can meet.

A large group of people, all of whom have found something that resonates with them deeply, many of whom recovering from a difficult time in their lives or feeling vulnerable, are given time to socialise and form relationships.

They form a bond which strengthens their belief in Universal Medicine, as it is what brought them together in the first place.

Their doubts are dismissed as they seek to establish friendships, and hope to find what others appear to have found to be such a positive change in their life.

It is no wonder at all, then, that many find joy or a renewed faith in humanity when they join Universal Medicine - they have found a group of like minded souls that they can rely on for support in their beliefs.

It is truly a positive thing, except that it is based on a belief system consisting of highly counterfeit information and convoluted pseudo-science.

(Corboy: One characteristic of pseudoscience is to make claims that cannot be disproved. )

My assessment of Universal Medicine is not purely a cynical outsider's perspective. In my research I have met several ex-followers who I have spoken with over the phone, and even since my first post on this group have had several people share their experience of Universal Medicine with me.

The stories are astounding.

I thank sincerely for their openness, and for letting me share some of their stories with the world - I think they deserve a separate post. (The more I research this topic the harder it is to stop - at first I only expected one blog post, and now it seems I will triple that.)

Esoteric Breast Massage (EBM)

Perhaps the most suspect area of Universal Medicine is Esoteric Breast Massage.

What Esoteric means here is again ambiguous - perhaps few know how to perform the massage, or few know why it is performed in the first place.

Regardless of its name, there seems something fundamentally wrong about a breast massage. There are no muscles in the breast, so one must accept Benhayon's rhetoric that the "Esoteric Breast Massage (EBM) can help clear the imposed ills that come from ourselves and from those who impose on us."

In fact, there is a page of poorly worded information about the role of breasts and the ills imposed upon the breasts by men and society.

The fact that Benhayon uses common self-image problems regarding breasts to justify such a ludicrous therapy is insulting to women, and his assertion that it is a "lack of self-nurturing" or "energetic imposts" that contribute to breast cancer is another slap in the face.

There are also continual allusions to the ills of men, playing on women with previous negative experiences with men, and thus nurturing a misplaced sense of empowerment.

Also available is an "EBM cream that has been esoterically designed by Serge Benhayon, the founder of this healing process that is available for women to purchase from their EBM practitioner after their fourth massage. You cannot clear the breasts by using the cream, but you can use it to maintain them. It is a self-nurturing gesture to apply this unique cream to your own breasts as the EBM cream has been specifically designed to lovingly support this self-nurturing process."

I wonder what is in the cream?

Products

Take a look at the products on offer from the Universal Medicine website, www.universalmedicine.com.au

Serge Benhayon's six books, available for a total price of $210 plus postage and handling, complete with testimonials from the Hierarchy (long since deceased, and so must communicate via telepathy with Serge himself).

Audio files, totaling $19.

Various healing symbols and related products, totaling $566.

House clearing symbol - $80 (not laminated)

Pillowcase (with meditator symbol). The meditator pillowcase is for sale for $ 15 plus $5 postage/handling.

Supplements:
- Mineral Salts - esoterically designed by Serge Benhayon - $35
- Eso-Herbs " " - $40
- Schisandra drops - $15
- Swisse Chlorophyll - $20
- Cherry Juice Concentrate - $25
Total: - $135 plus postage/handling

CDs, produced by Chris James and Serge Benhayon
- Walk with your Heart - $25

- Fiery Eyes, Chris James - $25
- Silk in the Clouds - $25

PLEASE NOTE: there is a NO REFUND Policy on CD sales.

The total cost of these products, excluding the EBM cream, is $895.

Consider that a five day intensive costs upwards of $1500, and that as a conservative estimate one might spend a further $200 on products.

How much do these beliefs cost if one is to truly dedicate themselves?

And why is it that one must pay such extortionate fees to attend intensives based around a belief and lifestyle?

Where does the money go? There are obviously expenses involved in running the organisation, but how many groups charge such huge sums of money merely to participate in what is expected?

Energetic Truth

So much of Universal Medicine's system is focus on energetic truth, but where does the information for its basis come from?

In his book, A Treatise on Energetic Truth, Serge Benhayon focuses so strictly on the nature of energetic truth and the ways of energy in relation to our soul, spirit and body, he forgets to properly clarify how he is certain of the accuracy of what he preaches.

So, who do we look to for an explanation of energetic truth?

Serge Benhayon, founder and director of Universal Medicine (ex tennis coach)?
Alice A. Bailey, discredited writer and theosophist (anti-semite, removed from theosophical society)?

Helena Blavatsky, discredited writer and theosophist (alleged imposter and charlatan)?
Djwal Khul, one of the Masters of the Ancient Wisdom (existence in question)?
Khuthumi (Koot Hoomi), one of the Masters of the Ancient Wisdom (existence in question)?

How many years must one look back before the basis for these beliefs is seen to be scientifically outdated, or simply fabricated in the first place?

Hypocrisy and Presumption

Serge Benhayon has criticised major religions for their reliance on guilt to ensure the continuation of their practices. Why, then, does he frequently assert that "humanity is suffering" and that "humanity is desperate and not knowing of itself", and cite the use of caffeine, alcohol, "deep mental interests" and even sugar as being a symptomatic of "lovelessness", a lacking of "self-love" due to our disconnection to our "inner-most" being. It is these gross generalisations that show not only great presumption, but a lack of understanding or acceptance of how many people choose to live - and do so quite happily, or "joyfully", as Benhayon would put it. Who is he to claim that "one cannot escape the fact that [our life] is a life we all deeply know is not the true life it could otherwise be."

Benhayon cites examples of the rise in diabetes, cardiovascular disease, HIV and cancer on human excesses. While there is merit to this point, his claims that these excesses are caused by a sense of disconnection from the spiritual plane and that the answer is Esoteric Healing are either enormously misled, or a fabrication designed to ensure continued membership to his schools and more enthusiastic followers. How does Benhayon have the audacity to criticise major religions for their methods when his are even more underhanded?

My next post should finish all this up with the stories of those I've spoken to who have now left Universal Medicine, The School of Livingness and affiliated Esoteric Healing groups. I hope I haven't alienated any readers with my harsh criticism of the group and its leader, but I feel it is necessary. It personally offends me, has harmed the lives and families of others and I think for these reasons, the breadth, severity and length of my assessment is warranted.

create a new version of this paste RAW Paste Data

Official Website: [www.universalmedicine.com.au]

Members of Universal Medicine make claims about feeling more alert, healthier, more emotionally stable etc and whilst these are all great, if it is all based on a foundation of pseudoscience, group mental/psychological manipulation and a charismatic cult of personality, then those gains are null and void.

Would you say that a labour slave was happy, even if he believed that his master loved him and that he was well-treated?

A slave is a slave, and the unquestioning way with which UM followers have accepted Serge Benhayon's doctrines is tantamount to or even worse than physical slavery.

Serge Benhayon likes to claim that major religions brainwash or fabricate truth and whilst this is valid, how does it make Universal Medicine look any better?

They are based on the same principles of unchallengeable religious authority and a moralistic categorization of reality, so they are ultimately the same.

Is a man who 'only' abuses 2 children a better person than one who abuses ten? The degree of manipulation is not the issue here, and the end result is the same, major religion or not.

Although freedom of expression/belief is important, UM members tend to become self-absorbed and aggressive with their views, and it becomes impossible to have any kind of conversation regardless of topic without them bringing in their beliefs, and always in an extremely condescending way. This can make relationships difficult to handle as members always believe that converting friends or family is the only way they can be happy.

For a person who believes strongly in the use of empiricism and logic versus the irrationality of faith, such mental slavery is truly shocking. Members become almost completely incapable of looking at any event outside of the paradigm that they have been absorbed into, and react aggressively when this is challenged, especially when effort is expended on pointing out inconsistencies and contradictions in its doctrines, which are endless. For example:

They believe in past lives and an invisible and immeasurable energy force which regulates the entire physical world, regardless of actual scientific explanation. They follow fabricated charts which invent functions for the body such as thigh muscles which hold childhood memories, or kidneys which contain evil energies called 'Prana', and these consequently allow Serge Benhayon and his accomplices to claim authority in curing illness, which they 'do' by treating their own invented causes.

Such absurdities allow Serge to gain complete mental and emotional dominance over his slaves; because they believe Serge has access to these 'energies', they let him assume complete control over the way they live their lives: he decides what they eat, what art they like (Da Vinci is a favorite), what music they listen to, what time they sleep, who they mix with, and most frighteningly, what they think.

The cult encourages a highly negative attitude towards the mind, encouraging an emphasis on vague faculties such as 'feeling' and 'listening to oneself'. These doctrines combined are incredibly convenient in manipulating members, as Serge Benhayon is the one who decides and teaches members what 'correct' feeling is, yet he does it in a way which makes them believe they are attaining these realisations themselves. Yet if one was to decide that one 'felt' like eating gluten or sleeping at 2 in the morning, Serge would claim that you are not 'feeling' things properly. Such genius could be put to better use.

This clever manipulation is further illustrated by his claim that his members are not 'followers', and he is not 'teaching' them anything, only revealing what they already know (what does that even mean?). But it lets him deflect attention away from his own domination and deludes his followers into believing that they have somehow retained their own freedom, and in the same way the devaluation of the intellect in his value system allows him to dismiss anyone who tries to challenge him logically by pointing out the endless contradictions in his system.

Another of the more disturbing aspect of Universal Medicine is its targeting of the emotionally vulnerable; women are a key target, and truly serious issues of female abuse are tapped into with quack therapies such as 'breast massage therapy'. This of course extends beyond women, and people who have dealt with illness, loss, both financial and emotional, are the main demographic hooked in.

Serge Benhayon claims he isn’t brainwashing people, but when one is sitting in a tent, with a man on stage lecturing over you for several hours, making baseless claims about health, politics, morality etc, talking about imaginary energies that regulate the world, and pushing you to follow behaviours which conform to these 'energies', then it is difficult to find a more precise word.

Of course Serge is clever enough to claim that he is only revealing 'truths' that members already know, so that he can deflect away the fact that he is directly manipulating them. But in the end that is all he is doing, and the sooner those caught up in this tragedy awaken the better.

Universal Medicine and Serge describe themselves as not being a ‘cult’, yet common criteria used to categorize dangerous groups do not seem to support this claim; below are a list of these, and their applicability to UM.

1. Absolute authoritarianism without meaningful accountability: Serge claims to receive knowledge from transcendent sources, he calls himself a messenger. This allows him to deflect responsibility from his manipulation and put himself out of reach of criticism.

2. No tolerance for questions or critical inquiry: Serge expertly uses the device of devaluing the mind, which allows him to dismiss all criticisms based on critical reflection and analysis. Despite the innumerable contradictions in his doctrines, his followers believe so strongly in anti-intellectualism that they put themselves out of reach of genuine reflection.

3. No meaningful financial disclosure regarding budget, expenses such as an independently audited financial statement: Does not exist.

4. Unreasonable fear about the outside world, such as impending catastrophe, evil conspiracies and persecutions: Serge talks frequently about his ability to predict future dangerous trends in sickness and disaster, and often describes future trajectories using apocalyptic language, cynically creating an emotional despair in his followers which drives them into adopting his doctrines, in order to escape this frightening vision.

5. There is no legitimate reason to leave, former followers are always wrong in leaving, negative or even evil: Despite Universal Medicine's rhetoric that people are free to leave or join as they please, they clearly view themselves as the only possibility for living a truly good life, and consequently this implies that all who leave are of a lower status than members. Members frequently use moralistic language to describe those who reject doctrines, e.g. 'she isn't ready for this', 'one day she will 'get' it'.

6. Followers feel they can never be "good enough: Serge describes his 'way' as a never-ending process. One is on a constant path of 'clearing' and improvement, this keeps the money flowing and the followers eternally hooked.

6. The group/leader is always right: Obviously applies to Serge and UM

7. The group/leader is the exclusive means of knowing "truth" or receiving validation, no other process of discovery is really acceptable or credible: As mentioned above, Serge describes himself as a channeller of knowledge, which regular members do not have. Despite protestations to the contrary, he is the only source of correct behaviour in the group.

The criteria for unsafe behaviour among group members themselves also coincides well with the attitudes of Universal Medicine followers. The following all describe UM members accurately

1. Extreme obsessiveness regarding the group/leader resulting in the exclusion of almost every practical consideration.

2. Individual identity, the group, the leader and/or God as distinct and separate categories of existence become increasingly blurred. Instead, in the follower's mind these identities become substantially and increasingly fused--as that person's involvement with the group/leader continues and deepens.

3. Whenever the group/leader is criticized or questioned it is characterized as "persecution".

4. Uncharacteristically stilted and seemingly programmed conversation and mannerisms, cloning of the group/leader in personal behavior.

5. Dependency upon the group/leader for problem solving, solutions, and definitions without meaningful reflective thought. A seeming inability to think independently or analyze situations without group/leader involvement.

6. Hyperactivity centered on the group/leader agenda, which seems to supercede any personal goals or individual interests.

7. A dramatic loss of spontaneity and sense of humor.

8. Increasing isolation from family and old friends unless they demonstrate an interest in the group/leader.

9. Anything the group/leader does can be justified no matter how harsh or harmful.

10. Former followers are at best-considered negative or worse evil and under bad influences. They can not be trusted and personal contact is avoided.

Assessment of Universal Medicine

There is no doubt that Serge Benhayon is skilled in what he does. His following is evidence of this. He uses a non-threatening way of speaking to deliver complex theories that center around bring joy and love (self-love) included to the world, enabling people to feel empowered and closer to their supposed soul. But this relies on a few simple factors.

Demographic and Attraction
Universal Medicine is based in the Byron Bay area, an area known for its alternative culture. It is a hotspot for various eastern-influenced healing, meditation and yoga groups, and has an abundance of alternative medicine, hypnotherapy and psychic clinics. A perfect place to start a group which incorporates elements of these practices. What's more, those attracted to the area fit the target demographic for this kind of cult. Those seeking a deeper meaning not offered by the big religions of the world and those already open to alternative ideas. What's more, there is plenty of money in the area, much of it flowing towards counterculture groups.

What Serge has done is used the ideas of Theosophy, and further incorporated elements of major religions around the world to create something that can relate to a wide demographic. Jesus Christ, God, astral energy, the chakra, the Buddhist figure Maitreya, various Sikh, Islam and Hindu ideas and various other eastern ideas all make an appearance in his teachings. None of this is his own, of course, although that is not a crime in itself. However, he presents the information as though all those before him (except the Hierarchy) have misinterpreted these ideas and teachings, elevating his cult to a superior level. And it is Serge Benhayon that asks (discussing Religion, Nationality and Culture in his study on Fiery Sutra) "where does this imposing arrogance come from?" Despite his claims to endorse self-expression and the individual search for one's essence, it's hard to believe when it is followed by claims that (take a breath): There is only one path to God. There are many ways to express that One-Path and so the seeker is left with the confusion of whether something is the true path expressing itself in its many ways or alternatively, is it the astral path pretending to be the path.

It is because of the breadth of his influences that Benhayon can attract followers with his empty rhetoric. But why do his followers stay?

Universal Medicine runs intensives of various lengths (up to a week long) in which followers and those merely "curious" or "experimenting" can meet. A large group of people, all of whom have found something that resonates with them deeply, many of whom recovering from a difficult time in their lives or feeling vulnerable, are given time to socialise and form relationships. They form a bond which strengthens their belief in Universal Medicine, as it is what brought them together in the first place. Their doubts are dismissed as they seek to establish friendships, and hope to find what others appear to have found to be such a positive change in their life. It is no wonder at all, then, that many find joy or a renewed faith in humanity when they join Universal Medicine - they have found a group of like minded souls that they can rely on for support in their beliefs. It is truly a positive thing, except that it is based on a belief system consisting of highly counterfeit information and convoluted pseudo-science.

My assessment of Universal Medicine is not purely a cynical outsider's perspective. In my research I have met several ex-followers who I have spoken with over the phone, and even since my first post on this group have had several people share their experience of Universal Medicine with me. The stories are astounding. I thank sincerely for their openness, and for letting me share some of their stories with the world - I think they deserve a separate post. (The more I research this topic the harder it is to stop - at first I only expected one blog post, and now it seems I will triple that.)

Esoteric Breast Massage (EBM)
Perhaps the most suspect area of Universal Medicine is Esoteric Breast Massage. What Esoteric means here is again ambiguous - perhaps few know how to perform the massage, or few know why it is performed in the first place. Regardless of its name, there seems something fundamentally wrong about a breast massage. There are no muscles in the breast, so one must accept Benhayon's rhetoric that the "Esoteric Breast Massage (EBM) can help clear the imposed ills that come from ourselves and from those who impose on us." In fact, there is a page of poorly worded information about the role of breasts and the ills imposed upon the breasts by men and society. The fact that Benhayon uses common self-image problems regarding breasts to justify such a ludicrous therapy is insulting to women, and his assertion that it is a "lack of self-nurturing" or "energetic imposts" that contribute to breast cancer is another slap in the face. There are also continual allusions to the ills of men, playing on women with previous negative experiences with men, and thus nurturing a misplaced sense of empowerment. Also available is an "EBM cream that has been esoterically designed by Serge Benhayon, the founder of this healing process that is available for women to purchase from their EBM practitioner after their fourth massage. You cannot clear the breasts by using the cream, but you can use it to maintain them. It is a self-nurturing gesture to apply this unique cream to your own breasts as the EBM cream has been specifically designed to lovingly support this self-nurturing process." I wonder what is in the cream?

Products

Take a look at the products on offer from the Universal Medicine website, www.universalmedicine.com.au

Serge Benhayon's six books, available for a total price of $210 plus postage and handling, complete with testimonials from the Hierarchy (long since deceased, and so must communicate via telepathy with Serge himself).

Audio files, totaling $19.

Various healing symbols and related products, totaling $566.

House clearing symbol - $80 (not laminated)

Pillowcase (with meditator symbol). The meditator pillowcase is for sale for $ 15 plus $5 postage/handling.

Supplements:
- Mineral Salts - esoterically designed by Serge Benhayon - $35
- Eso-Herbs " " - $40
- Schisandra drops - $15
- Swisse Chlorophyll - $20
- Cherry Juice Concentrate - $25
Total: - $135 plus postage/handling

CDs, produced by Chris James and Serge Benhayon
- Walk with your Heart - $25

- Fiery Eyes, Chris James - $25
- Silk in the Clouds - $25

PLEASE NOTE: there is a NO REFUND Policy on CD sales.

The total cost of these products, excluding the EBM cream, is $895.

Consider that a five day intensive costs upwards of $1500, and that as a conservative estimate one might spend a further $200 on products. How much do these beliefs cost if one is to truly dedicate themselves? And why is it that one must pay such extortionate fees to attend intensives based around a belief and lifestyle? Where does the money go? There are obviously expenses involved in running the organisation, but how many groups charge such huge sums of money merely to participate in what is expected?

Energetic Truth
So much of Universal Medicine's system is focus on energetic truth, but where does the information for its basis come from? In his book, A Treatise on Energetic Truth, Serge Benhayon focuses so strictly on the nature of energetic truth and the ways of energy in relation to our soul, spirit and body, he forgets to properly clarify how he is certain of the accuracy of what he preaches. So, who do we look to for an explanation of energetic truth?

Serge Benhayon, founder and director of Universal Medicine (ex tennis coach)?
Alice A. Bailey, discredited writer and theosophist (anti-semite, removed from theosophical society)?
Helena Blavatsky, discredited writer and theosophist (alleged imposter and charlatan)?
Djwal Khul, one of the Masters of the Ancient Wisdom (existence in question)?
Khuthumi (Koot Hoomi), one of the Masters of the Ancient Wisdom (existence in question)?

How many years must one look back before the basis for these beliefs is seen to be scientifically outdated, or simply fabricated in the first place?

Hypocrisy and Presumption
Serge Benhayon has criticised major religions for their reliance on guilt to ensure the continuation of their practices. Why, then, does he frequently assert that "humanity is suffering" and that "humanity is desperate and not knowing of itself", and cite the use of caffeine, alcohol, "deep mental interests" and even sugar as being a symptomatic of "lovelessness", a lacking of "self-love" due to our disconnection to our "inner-most" being. It is these gross generalisations that show not only great presumption, but a lack of understanding or acceptance of how many people choose to live - and do so quite happily, or "joyfully", as Benhayon would put it. Who is he to claim that "one cannot escape the fact that [our life] is a life we all deeply know is not the true life it could otherwise be."

Benhayon cites examples of the rise in diabetes, cardiovascular disease, HIV and cancer on human excesses. While there is merit to this point, his claims that these excesses are caused by a sense of disconnection from the spiritual plane and that the answer is Esoteric Healing are either enormously misled, or a fabrication designed to ensure continued membership to his schools and more enthusiastic followers. How does Benhayon have the audacity to criticise major religions for their methods when his are even more underhanded?

My next post should finish all this up with the stories of those I've spoken to who have now left Universal Medicine, The School of Livingness and affiliated Esoteric Healing groups. I hope I haven't alienated any readers with my harsh criticism of the group and its leader, but I feel it is necessary. It personally offends me, has harmed the lives and families of others and I think for these reasons, the breadth, severity and length of my assessment is warranted.

Date: February 23, 2012 06:10AM

so...if one has the right search terms there is a surprising amount of information.

Now, why the preoccupation with the ladies?

How about offering something just as as holistic for the gents?

Couldnt resist "tossing" that one off.

The Soulful Doctor

[www.thesoulfuldoctor.co.uk]

SA: How can therapists find out more about learning
the technique?
SB: There is a specifi c program that one can approach. Once again, we seek to keep the EBM in its
energetic integrity and so we ask the applicants to consider this when applying. As part of the program
we ask that the applicant take part in our Level 1 Esoteric Healing Course. In this course, the key
Energetic Laws of healing are presented and experienced. As a result, the participants get to understand
exactly why we need energetic integrity and, the true meaning and thus the vital importance of
energetic responsibility. From there they will connect with our main trainer, Mary-Louise. The
training can take up to one year to complete but some have completed it in shorter time. C
For further information contact EBM Trainer Mary-Louise Myers email ml@esotericbreast-
massage.com or visit www.esoteric-breast-massage.com
Serge Benhayon is an esoteric teacher and healer. As a teacher he has presented
the ancient wisdom in modern forms that bring the esoteric laws and principles
into easy contemporary living. As a healer, he is known as the ‘healer’s healer’
and is respected by those in the medical profession that know his work as a
genuine and sensible bridge between the healing sciences and the medical world.
EBM Training
EBM Trainer,(name deleted) talked to us about EBM training. “Many
women feel drawn to train in the EBM once they know about it. From
what the EBMs represent there is a strong inner-calling to address
oneself as a woman and then to proceed to assist others in doing the
same. Unlike most other modalities it is not just about applying to train as an EBM
practitioner but looking at what needs to be cleared within, as a woman, and
thus with one’s breasts to be able to go ahead with the training. We have a very
comprehensive and thorough training program to ensure that all practitioners
treat with energetic integrity and energetic responsibility so that the recipient
receives the utmost care. Every woman wanting to train must first have done Level
1 to 3 of the Sacred Esoteric Healing Courses with Universal Medicine - the info for
the courses can be found on [universalmedicine.com.au].”

[www.google.com]

----------------
Origins of Esoteric Breast Massagewww.esoteric-breast-massage.com/originsCached
You +1'd this publicly. Undo
Origins of Esoteric Breast Massage. EBM Training. Initial EBM training with Serge Benhayon took place over a several hour period with a group of woman who ...
Event CANCELLED: A Presentation on the Esoteric Breast Massage ...www.esoteric-breast-massage.com/.../presentation-esoteric-breast-mas...Cached
The Esoteric Breast Massage was founded by Serge Benhayon - Universal Medicine For more information visit: www.esoteric-breast-massage.com.au. Tags: ...
Esoteric Breast Massagewww.esoteric-breast-massage.com/Cached - Similar
WELCOME To ESOTERIC BREAST MASSAGE .... All content is © Copyright by Serge Benhayon and EBM Practitoners - 2008 | Best viewed using Firefox or IE 7 ...
Bad Beliefs and Fraudulent Faiths: April 2011cultevasion.blogspot.com/2011_04_01_archive.htmlCached
Apr 28, 2011 – Various Serge Benhayon books, notably The Way It Is: A Treatise on ... most suspect area of Universal Medicine is Esoteric Breast Massage.
Specialised Women's Health | Spherical Living - Sara Williams ...sphericalliving.co.uk/clinic/specialised-womens-healthCached
To learn more about the Esoteric Breast Massage, download the .pdf of an interview with its founder, Serge Benhayon, published in Spa Australasia Magazine: ...
[PDF]
esoteric breast massage - Jane Keepwww.janekeep.co.uk/pages/pdfs/08-may-services-janekeep.pdfSimilar
File Format: PDF/Adobe Acrobat - Quick View
living stillness and her natural nurturing ways”. ~ Serge Benhayon 2007. Jane offers the esoteric breast massage which is a sacred form of healing technique for ...
Keeping Abreast of New therapy, Esoteric Breast Massage | The ...www.thesoulfuldoctor.co.uk/.../keeping-abreast-new-therapy-esoteric...Cached
Keeping Abreast of New Therapy - Esoteric Breast Massage Interview with Serge Benhayon, Universal Medicine in Spa Australasia Magazine, August 2009 ...
ESOTERIC HEALING Sara Williams - Pilates off the Squarewww.pilatesoffthesquare.co.uk/the-clinic-Esoteric-Healing.htmlCached - Similar
Whilst the Esoteric Breast Massage is a massage to the breasts with oil & cream, the breasts reveal to the woman the ... Universal Medicine / Serge Benhayon ...
Keeping Abreast of New therapy, Esoteric Breast Massage | The ...www.thesoulfulldoctor.com/.../keeping-abreast-new-therapy-esoteric-...Cached
Download PDF Keeping Abreast of New Therapy - Esoteric Breast Massage Interview with Serge Benhayon, Universal Medicine in Spa Australasia Magazine , ...
Serge Benhayon | Universal Medicinewww.universalmedicine.com.au/about/clinics/.../serge-benhayonCached
10+ items – Serge Benhayon. Services. All Esoteric modalities offered ...
Caroline Raphael BPsych Universal Medicine Clinic, Goonellabah
Jenny Ellis ND, Adv Dip Acu UniMed Brisbane

-----------------

Page 2 of about 485 results (0.14 seconds) Search settings
Advanced search
Web History
Search Help
We're changing our privacy policy and terms. This stuff matters.

Learn more | DismissEverything
Images
Maps
Videos
News
Shopping
BooksPlacesBlogsFlightsDiscussionsRecipesApplicationsPatents
MoreFewer
San Francisco, CA
Auto-detected
Change location
Search Options

Hide search toolsShow search tools
Search ResultsLinks | Evolve Dental Healingwww.evolvedental.com.au/linksCached
joy-full gifts for everyone - healing eye-pillows. Esoteric Breast Massage - founded by Serge Benhayon. www.esoteric-breast-massage.com. The Lighthouse UK ...
Links | The Inner-Heartwww.theinnerheart.co.uk/links.htmlCached
by Serge Benhayon www.healing-symbols.com. Esoteric Breast Massage ... for all women who seek to learn about the energetic truth of the state of their breasts ...
Introductory Talk on the Esoteric Breast Massage | Bed and ...www.lighthouse-uk.com/.../introductory-talk-esoteric-breast-massage...Cached
May 15, 2011 – For further information visit: www.esoteric-breast-massage.com. The Esoteric Breast Massage was founded by Serge Benhayon, Universal ...
An Introductory Talk to Esoteric Breast Massage | Bed and Breakfast ...www.lighthouse-uk.com/.../introductory-talk-esoteric-breast-massageCached
Aug 11, 2010 – The Esoteric Breast Massage & Esoteric Healing was founded by Serge Benhayon / Universal Medicine www.universalmedicine.com.au ...
esoteric breast massagewww.docstoc.com/docs/70212327/esoteric-breast-massageCached
Jan 27, 2011 – Serge Benhayon 2007 bringing philosophical consciousness. Jane offers the esoteric breast massage which is a into human development ...
links - Design Arts by Desireewww.design-arts.info/links.htmlCached
Universal Healing Symbols ... esoteric healing symbols by Universal Medicine, Serge Benhayon ... Esoteric Breast Massage - International ... for all women who ...
Bad Beliefs and Fraudulent Faiths: Experiences and Comments ...cultevasion.blogspot.com/.../experiences-and-comments-regarding.ht...Cached
Apr 28, 2011 – Various Serge Benhayon books, notably The Way It Is: A Treatise on Energetic Truth, UniMed Publishing, 2006 ... esoteric-breast-massage.com ...
[PDF]
EBM_Jane Keepwww.janekeep.co.uk/pages/pdfs/08-may-ebm-janekeep.pdfYou +1'd this publicly. Undo
File Format: PDF/Adobe Acrobat - Quick View
and menopausal symptoms. The Esoteric Breast Massage &. Esoteric Healing was founded by. Universal Medicine / Serge Benhayon. For futher information ...
Sat 11 Feb 14:30 - Esoteric Breast Massagewww.esoteric-breast-massage.com/.../esoteric-developers-womens-gr...Cached
The Esoteric Breast Massage was founded by. Serge Benhayon - Universal Medicine For more information visit: www.esoteric-breast-massage.com.au. Tags: ...
Articles | The Soulful Doctor - Eunice J Minfordwww.thesoulfuldoctor.co.uk/articlesCached
Keeping Abreast of New Therapy - Esoteric Breast Massage Interview with Serge Benhayon, Universal Medicine in Spa Australasia Magazine, August 2009 ...

Date: February 23, 2012 06:15AM

[www.pilatesoffthesquare.co.uk]

ESOTERIC (INNERMOST) HEALING
What if you began to trust your body again? It no longer felt like a battleground of discomfort or pain, an unknown plain of sudden reactions that you felt a victim of? And instead you could read the signs, know when you shutdown and became less of who you really are.

There is much that occurs before the body registers pain or illness. Begin with a gentle breath practice that brings you into connection with yourself and through hands applied to the body, allow self-healing to be initiated and nurtured. Harmony, not just relaxation, is the goal of true healing.

Esoteric Breast Massage
A specialised branch of Esoteric Healing, specifically designed for women, given by female practitioners. Its premise is that neglect of self-nurturing in our outwardly striving culture is a central contributor to the explosion of gynaecological and breast conditions.

Whilst the Esoteric Breast Massage is a massage to the breasts with oil & cream, the breasts reveal to the woman the link these nurturing centres have to her reproductive, lymphatic and cardiovascular systems.

Current Page: 2 of 169

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.