Islam and Pat Robertson
Posted by: NadirAhmed ()
Date: January 20, 2004 06:47PM

I've also watched Pat Robertson on his show spew hatred and misinformation about Islam for about 15 years now....

But the thing which bothered me the most is not that Pat Robertson criticises Islam, rather I welcome that, but it is how Pat Robertson will
never allow any Muslim representative to at least defend Islam from
his attacks; He will never allow fair and honest debate on his views
towards Islam; He provides no opportunity for Muslims to respond
to his attacks...

I mean, seriously, look at his show, its basically, Pat gets up and starts voicing his views on a certain issue.... AND EVERYONE NODS THEIR HEADS AND AGREES WITH HIM.

You will never see anyone on his show challenge his view;NO ONE HAS EVER DISAGREED WITH HIM ON HIS SHOW! No one on his show EVER said:

"You know Pat, I disagree with you on this one issue"

that is because Pat Robertson refuses to open his views up for cross examination,

The 700Club is only meant for one purpose: INDOCTRINATION.
There is no intelligent exchange of view, no intelligent debate; Just blind preaching, without questioning.

thanks,
Nadir Ahmed
[www.ExamineTheTruth.com]

Options: ReplyQuote
Islam and Pat Robertson
Posted by: Templar ()
Date: January 28, 2004 03:14PM

You're dead right. I just turned on the 700 club. As you may or may not know we in the North East are getting hit with winter weather as we speak, and the producers of the 700 club have the gaul to start fear mongering and claiming that this winter storm is a sign of the comming appocalypse. Its pure crap in my opinion. Religion is indoctrination but that is nothing new. No religion is an exception.

Islam and Pat Robertson
Posted by: Cosmophilospher ()
Date: January 29, 2004 12:20AM

Leaders know if you make the populace very very AFRAID, and TERRIFIED, then they will do what they are told.
No, the winter storms are not the coming of the end of the world. Its just a blizzard and artic air mass.

But these people want to SCARE the populace.
It used to be the Red Menace, now its the "Terrorist".

Pat Robertson, and his ilk, are the worst kind of demagogues.
He will NEVER EVER allow open debate.

He is a fundamentalist and extremist.
The more he SCARES his viewers, the more POWER he acquires over them, the more money they donate, and then he can Phantasize about being the President, and creating a Christian Theocracy, like in the Middle Ages.

Coz

Islam and Pat Robertson
Posted by: Hope ()
Date: January 29, 2004 12:55AM

I often put on the religious channel for entertainment purposes. There is one woman who looks just like Saturday Night Live's parody of Tammy Faye Baker. However, the 700 Club scares the bejesus out of me. I have a few relatives by marriage who are Christian fundamentalists who think nothing of filling my mailbox with propoganda, much like the Allah or Jesus op-ed by Rick Mathes that came today.

[www.breakthechain.org]

Even after pointing out that this piece has been posted on snopes and other urban legend buster website, there is no questioning a man of god. I'm going to burn in hell for doing so. Let me get the marshmallows.

Islam and Pat Robertson
Posted by: Rookie ()
Date: February 03, 2004 08:27AM

Templar wrote:
You're dead right. I just turned on the 700 club. As you may or may not know we in the North East are getting hit with winter weather as we speak, and the producers of the 700 club have the gaul to start fear mongering and claiming that this winter storm is a sign of the comming appocalypse. Its pure crap in my opinion. Religion is indoctrination but that is nothing new. No religion is an exception.

Didn't Pat Robertson or Jerry Falwell or Billy Graham or one of those 'preachers' say that 9/11 happened because we lost our way as a Christian nation and that God unleashed this on the U.S. as punishment for our continued decline into sin?

Whomever it was only 'recalled' what he had to say because of public pressure and how ludicrous it made him seem. But you know that is exactly how he, and others felt, about it. Any chance they can bring fear into the conversation is a win for them and a potential donation.

Nothing gets them going like death which the majority of people are afraid of. Give them your dollars and they will help you in the next life.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.