Hmm
Posted by: Dervish ()
Date: February 01, 2004 06:28AM

I graduated from college, and I've seen my fair share of wacky professors. And YES, sometimes I've had to go to the head of the subject department. And when THAT didn't work, I went to the dean. Usually the buck stops at the Dean.

If your professor is a follower or supporter of Scientology, I don't see how he could possibly teaching psychology.

If I were you, I'd make an <i>appointment</i> with the head of the psych department. Bring JUST A FEW bits of information that connect the council to scientology and scientology's disregard for psychology and psychiatry. Stress to the head or dean that you are NOT trying to get anyone chastized, but rather, you feel very uncomfortable learning from someone in that capacity and are humbly requesting a class change. I went to NYU and I had a class change TWICE due to unusual circumstances, so they do it for you when the situation warrants it.

Look up your professor on [www.ratemyprofessors.com] or [www.rateaprof.com] . GOOD LUCK!

Options: ReplyQuote
Hmm
Posted by: suemarie ()
Date: February 01, 2004 11:27AM

THANKS Dervish for sharing your experience. Those are some good ideas.

Hmm
Posted by: Dervish ()
Date: February 01, 2004 01:26PM

Sorry about the new subject, I meant to reply to your current thread.

Deal with this ASAP. If you're still within your drop/add period, get out that way. Otherwise, it sounds like the professor is using classic indoctrination techniques that cult people use at seminars. Take careful notes of when the teacher does the "wrong thing", and take note of what he says. If he says outrageous things, tape the lecture. It's important you deal with this ASAP before too much time during your semester elapses. After you speak with the head of psych and/or the dean, let us know what happens. If you still have more problems, we will brainstorm for you.

Hmm
Posted by: suemarie ()
Date: February 02, 2004 04:17AM

Thanks again, Dervish. I'm relieved after reading your response. I might have to take you up on your brainstorming offer. take care, sue

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.