Practitioners who recruit
Posted by: good enough ()
Date: December 10, 2011 01:44AM

Is there a site, some sort of directory where doctors, therapists, etc. are outed for trying to recruit for cults?

Legally this would probably be an invitation for lawsuits, but people need to be protected.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Practitioners who recruit
Posted by: paperlane11 ()
Date: December 10, 2011 02:41AM

Good idea...probably an opening for slander lawsuits?.
One option is to report this to the boards- if they were to do anything.

Very good idea to have some outlet for this- don't know the legalities though.

Date: December 11, 2011 12:28AM

I found a couple of sites where people can rate the quality of care they received.

[www.ratemds.com]

[doctorcheckup.org]

I also found an anonymous review of one of my doctors who I know for sure is a practising Scientologist on wiki. There is stuff out there, but nothing so far that compares to the RR site.

Posted by: corboy ()
Date: December 11, 2011 02:10AM

Take care of it through the state agency that issues licenses.

Date: December 11, 2011 03:25AM

I agree, corboy, but state agencies can take awhile to move on things. I was hoping in addition to contacting the authorities there might be a way of warning people before they started seeing a new doctor, massage therapist, etc.

Posted by: paperlane11 ()
Date: December 13, 2011 11:34PM

There may not be enough evidence for a board to act.

For instance- with LEC, the recruiter is a volunteer, so one can not prove they are profiting from the referral- even if they get brownie points or credit or think they will be enlightened themselves by it. This can be refuted by LEC and without something on paper- hard to prove.

They can say they only informed the client. It would be the client's word against theirs to prove that this was coercion, bad therapy, or whatever.

Since some of what LEC does is based on other established methods, it is not easy to accuse a practicioner of using just LEC. Also without the background of the LGAT they can say they did not sleep deprive, food deprive or whatever.

It is very sneaky, insidious, and covert. Hard to prove. I am not defending it. This does not make it right, but it may not be enough for a board to take much action.

This board is a good defense. When LEC was recommended to me, I googled it and found this site. It made me think at least twice.

Posted by: Stoic ()
Date: December 14, 2011 12:21PM

Never been one to rely on your type of evidence, corboy--way too slow for us artists.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.