Current Page: 3 of 5
Re: This Landmark stuff is scaring me
Posted by: paperlane11 ()
Date: December 15, 2011 01:55AM

Anticult: Could you please elaborate on the covert landmarking? I am up to my eyeballs in the lingo. Hubby thinks it's amusing. I do not want to be the one who blows the good results of the therapy. I also don't want to be subjected to landmarking. Is the end result to get us into the program or just turn into landmarkians by the lingo?

Hubby assures me he has no intention of doing LEC, neither do I. I guess I am concerned about the long term effects of being subjected to this in therapy- even if some good stuff comes out of it. Is the intent to just break us down eventually or getting us to think in the lingo? I know this won't have the short term effect of the weekend sessions-we are not in a large sleep food deprived group, but I wonder what effect it will have to be in landmark lingo on a regular basis?

Thanks

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: The Anticult ()
Date: December 15, 2011 11:59AM

the goal is ALWAYS to get you into the Landmark seminar, sooner or later.

so they back off the overt Landmarking, and do it more subtly by changing the words around for a while.
Then later, right back to the Landmarking.

Landmark is like a mind-virus.
That is how Werner Erhard designed it, like a self-replicating virus.
Its designed to constantly bring in new members, deplete their monies, and use them recruit more members. Recruit recruit recruit.

So each person is going to have to make up their mind about what they are going to do.
Those who are aware of Landmark and Werner Erhard and how it all works, would never tolerate a "therapist" doing any Landmarking in therapy. Not a sentence. Its over.

There are a thousand therapists out there, many who want more patients and clients.
Landmark is a terrible mind-virus, it can't be cured in another person in a therapy situation.

A personal decision is to tell them to STOP Landmarking forever, or the therapist is fired.

Or to stay in an absurd situation, where some therapist is trying to convert their clients to Landmark.

Ultimately a person has to make a choice. That therapist ain't gonna change probably, they have been taken over by Werner Erhard confidence-trick scam called Landmark. Therapists can be naive and brainwashed like anyone else, even more so.

Landmark is a toxic-waste mind-virus of the highest order. The evidence is massive against Landmark.

Date: December 15, 2011 12:04PM

The cognitive therapy stuff above is accurate.
But that has NOTHING to do with Landmark. That is at best Landmark's current fig-leaf.

Landmark is REALLY about using powerful techniques, to basically enslave people in the Landmark system, and take all their money with endless courses.

Its like Landmark is a magic trick.
And people are talking about the wand, and the smoke, and the pretty assistant, and the music.
Forget all that stuff which is meant to DISTRACT you.

Look behind the curtain, and see what is really going on.
Its very simple.

1) To recruit and hook people into endless Landmark course, that cost all the money you got and can get.
2) And to recruit more people into Landmark, so Landmark can take their money too.

Don't get distracted by the smoke and mirrors and pop-pyche BS, that is all meant to distract you.
Werner Erhard is simply a con-artist to get rich, that is his game.

Posted by: Questions_2 ()
Date: December 15, 2011 12:20PM

I will add, these groups are not all about money – they are also about power.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/15/2011 12:21PM by Questions_2.

Date: December 15, 2011 07:46PM

Landmark is about making money for Werner and his family.

Werner Erhard modified EST into Landmark, to make it into an arms-length cash-machine for him and his family.
Of course, the way to get the money, is better getting power and influence over the members.
Landmark is really all about the numbers for Werner and his family, and that means, the profits.

As what is Landmark using their influence for?
Profits.

Date: December 15, 2011 08:29PM

Thank you. After hours on this board, I understand it. Yes, I agree that people who are aware of LEC would never tolerate this in therapy. It's people like us who had no idea what LEC is who are knee deep into therapy before they figure out something strange is going on.
I have brought this up with my husband, who has not had the time to read about LEC, and he shares the same concerns. We are going to take a break from therapy for a while so he can think this over. I told him I did not want any more of this.
I don't think the therapist has malicious intent. I think people in LEC really think they are helping others by getting them to do it, but the top tier must know what they are doing. Sadly, the others have been brainwashed. Thanks for helping me get some clarity over the situation.

Thanks.

Posted by: corboy ()
Date: December 16, 2011 01:00AM

Sorry to tell you this but this was never therapy.

As soon as this person became a LEC lackey, she ceased to be a therapist.

Her credential and skills learned in clinical program are now in service to the Landmark Borg.

A true therapist honors the dignity of the counselee and has the counselees ultimate interest at --not Landmark.

Two, you can bet that someone in Landmark reads this message board. They may be reading this very thread, right now, seeing who is going to win.

Re-read this

[www.culteducation.com]

For you and your husband-- take that break and do it now.

I almost wrote, 'take that break from therapy and do it now'-- but you were not in therapy, even if she made you feel good. Her ultimate loyalty was not therapeutic.

You (or your insurance company) were paying by the hour for your own recruitment into LEC.

Make a contract.

*You and your husband are not to talk with the therapist separately.

*You are not to make any decision unless together.

A risk is that she could split one of you and get the vulnerable party to do Landmark.

She could con one of you, such as your husband, to do LEC without you, by making it seem that he needs to establish his autonomy in relation to you, and that following your wishes not to do Landmark means he's losing his adult autonomy because you're bossing him around.

In LEC he will lose his autonomy for real. It looks like freedom but its slavery sugared over by manic bliss and jargon and fake companionship.

And you dont know if this therapist is being coached in all this by someone who has been assigned to walk her through the process of using this non existent therapeutic alliance to route people into Landmark's insatiable maw.

They dont have malicious intent, they are robots.

You do NOT owe the therapist an explanation for taking a break.

Just do it and block her number on your machine. If you get snail mail, put it aside.

If she shows up at the house, tell her to go away and shut the door.

The goal is to keep you two talking. As long as you're kept talking to a LEC Lackey, there's hope that, eventually, you'll be worn down and go to Introductory Night.

PS A lot of for profit and non therapy folks are invoking "cognitive behavioral therapy" as their fig leaf. Byron Katie people do it. So do Eckhart Tolle people.

Date: December 16, 2011 01:47AM

Thank you Corboy-
We have discussed this and are taking a break and neither of us plans to go alone.

LEC will not win. We have also discussed making any decisions together.
If any LEC people are reading this: we are on the same page people you will not divide us!!
I am sure they follow and survey all comments about them.

I could puke at all these tactics, especially on the vulnerable in therapy. LEC is heinous.
I appreciate the info here and advice given.

Posted by: Towest3 ()
Date: December 16, 2011 06:09AM

I am wondering why is so dangerous for someone to go to Introductory Night? Are they there so powerfull to suck anybody in or scam working only for particular personality?

Posted by: corboy ()
Date: December 16, 2011 07:46AM

Yes they are that powerful. And LEC tried to shut down this website with a SLAPP lawsuit because this message board was becoming such an important source of info about Landmark and many attempts by trolls failed to disrupt discussions.

Landmark Litigation Archives
[www.google.com]

To repeat, go read all the comments here by Guy a former Forum Leader, who repented of what he had done.

[forum.culteducation.com]

Current Page: 3 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.