Current Page: 4 of 7
Re: Mike Vinson and IWWB - cult alert
Posted by: RobinKorevaar ()
Date: January 11, 2013 05:19AM

You are right...i did say that but that is a typo...i ment to say that i dont have an emotional investment in this group. My error, im sorry.

Appearantly people do think that and appearantly people draw conclusions without being thouroughly informed. Im ok with that. I suggest that if you find IWWB a destructive group to simply stay away from it and if you think you can help others by posting this, then you just do what you have to do...all will be perfected in the end.

kind regards
Robin

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: January 11, 2013 05:33AM

RobinKorevaar:

Agreed. I have no interest personally in the group and have no intention of attending any activity related to IWWB.

The purpose of this message board, which is readily accessible to anyone through the Internet, is to discuss controversial groups and thus provide information to the public.

People can read this thread and come to their own conclusions about Vinson and IWWB.

In my opinion the group seems potentially unsafe.

Fortunately the overwhelming majority of churches and religious organizations don't generate complaints and do seem safe. So people have
plenty of other places to attend and become involved other than IWWB.

Posted by: Truth_Seeker_78 ()
Date: January 11, 2013 06:35AM

RobinKorevaar - thank you again for your interaction and comments although it is obvious to me you are engaging more in "damage control" than in serious debate about IWWB and Mike Vinson.

You keep asking who I am - and yet, we have interacted on FaceBook and YouTube about the issues of Mike Vinson. Your last comment to me on FaceBook came with an ultimatum: you would only "answer the question" if I said to you, that I believed the bible was the inerrant and infallible word of God. Of course, I no longer hold to that belief and for you and Mike Vinson, that seems proof enough that anything I say is therefore tainted with "the world." I in-fact had Steven Crook, another IWWB elder write to me on YouTube this week and tell me that I had an "evil spirit."

Suffice to say, I was involved with Mike Vinson and IWWB for 6 years. It was only when I questioned Mike Vinson's adaptation of a direct WWCG (World Wide Church of God) doctrine on whether birthdays are allowable that I was shown the door. He gave me 2 email replies on the matter and then nothing. So your comment about having a cup of coffee with him is both outrageous and insulting. Soon after my removal from the group, Vinson then admitted publicly he had blocked both me and a 2 other people from contacting him on Skype and Gmail because of the falling out. You seriously need to get a clue before you throw out these one-liners.

You admit there is no due-diligence in areas of finance. You cannot argue about Mike kicking people out of the group because, as I posted via YouTube, he admits that he does this and that Wayne, (his son) tried to pull him on that very thing. He then declared that Wayne was "not part of the body anymore."
This term "THE body" refers to (in Vinson's mind) the only true "body of Christ" which would be IWWB. Vinson says on his website that every other denomination is a false denomination and is "of their father the devil." This "black and white thinking" is typical of cults. I also have emails of Mitchell Kuhn (IWWB elder) state that there may be other groups out there but of necessity, they would be teaching all of the same things IWWB do so that in fact, there would be no points of difference between the groups.

Leaving off the other issues, because you won't address them, there is also the very destructive and dangerous teaching that every single act of evil is a specific act of God for the purposes of discipline. Your doctrine in this regard is exactly the same as the Westboro Baptist Church. IWWB teach that rapes, child molestation, home invasions, bodily mutilation, genocide and the Nazi acts of war were all specifically engineered by God to give his creation a taste of evil. Mike Vinson refers to aborted fetus's as "vessels of dishonor" and says that when we experience any of the above, we ought to give thanks to God for his "wonderful works." Any rational person is going to steer well clear of such garbage.

Posted by: Truth_Seeker_78 ()
Date: January 11, 2013 07:11AM

As a follow up to my prior post, here are some articles/questions on Vinson's site which ought to give some weight to my claims of "black and white" thinking that is rife within IWWB.

Article: Gods Elect Should Never Allow Orthodox Ministers to Publicly Pray for Them
Link: [www.iswasandwillbe.com]

Article: Does God Cause Child Molestation? (Hint: That's a resounding "YES" according to Vinson and IWWB)
Link: [iswasandwillbe.com]

Article: Are Aborted Vessels of Dishonor? (Hint: Vinson says "YES")

Article: The Evil that is Mythical Creatures (Vinson's polemic against Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings etc)

Article: Why We are Hated of All Men (Vinson's 'go to line' for why other people take issue with his teachings)
Link: [www.iswasandwillbe.com]

Date: January 11, 2013 05:11PM

Offcourse there is black and white thinking Bill...everybody is a black and white thinker...you are too. Are we a cult ? You think yes and i think no. Is Jesus Christ the only way to life...i think yes and you think no. Are you correct about Mike Vinson ? You think yes and i think no.

You have your opinion and i have mine.

Best to you Bill, and i hope you somehow can loose your anger and move on.

kind regards
Robin

Date: January 11, 2013 10:48PM

RobinKorevaar:

No. Everybody is not a black and white thinker. Most people recognize areas of ambiguity or "shades of grey".

But it is typical for people in destructive cults to project such labels and also to see things in black and white.

For example, simply because someone disagrees with you doesn't mean they have "anger". You seem to be projecting here.

"Is Jesus Christ the only way to life"? You say "yes". Christian churches around the world agree with you. This is a common Christian message believed by millions.

Does Mike Vinson and IWWB recognize that there are churches sharing salvation though this message that are equal to IWWB? What churches has Vinson and IWWB said the share a common message and salvation with that you recall?

Does Mike Vinson have good relationships with other churches in the community that he cooperates with on projects such as feeding the homeless, helping the disabled and children?

Please specifically name some churches or ministries that you regard as equal and legitimate alternatives to IWWB.

What Christian churches by name and address can you think of where people can experience salvation outside of your own group?

Date: January 12, 2013 01:42AM

You think we are a destructive cult...thats kind of a black and white point of view Rick...what exactly do you know about us to make you think that anyway...did you ever experience "us" or is it just wich story you believe ?

Other churches dont want us becos we teach that Jesus Christ will save every human being who is ever born and that "hell" is a christian hoax. This is just one of any examples why we dont have many "friends". We believe God when he say that faith is a gift....we teach that no human has a free will...everything you do is pre-determined...every human lives out a pre-ordained life and God is responcible for everything that happens...those kind of teachings does not make one popular, is definatly not teached by any christian and are not seen by many.

I know who "truth" seeker is and what he does. That is why i think he has a lot of anger.

kind regards
Robin

Date: January 12, 2013 01:59AM

RobinKorevaar:

So your church or group is the only true one and all the others are in some way wrong in their teachings?

Is there not a single church you can recollect or name specifically that is as correct in its beliefs and teachings as your group?

Date: January 12, 2013 04:00AM

Rick,

Allow me to answer your question with a question and i hope you are open minded enough and let me quote the reason of my question just to show you the difference there is between us and any other group or church. I know that what i say may sound as foolishness to you ... so please bear with me,

1Co 1:18 For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God.
1Co 1:19 For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding of the prudent.

Do you know of any other religion that teach that Jesus Christ is actually going to do what He is sent to do, namely, to be the Saviour of all men, that everybody ever born will follow Him by drinking of the same cup He drank of .... That everybody will be saved as by fire and that God will be all in all ?

1Ti 4:10 For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.
1Ti 4:11 These things command and teach.

Jer 25:27 Therefore thou shalt say unto them, Thus saith the LORD of hosts, the God of Israel; Drink ye, and be drunken, and spue, and fall, and rise no more, because of the sword which I will send among you.
Jer 25:28 And it shall be, if they refuse to take the cup at thine hand to drink, then shalt thou say unto them, Thus saith the LORD of hosts; Ye shall certainly drink.

Mat_20:23 And he saith unto them, Ye shall drink indeed of my cup, and be baptized with the baptism that I am baptized with: but to sit on my right hand, and on my left, is not mine to give, but it shall be given to them for whom it is prepared of my Father.

1Co 3:12 Now if any man build upon this foundation gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, stubble;
1Co 3:13 Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is.
1Co 3:14 If any man's work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward.
1Co 3:15 If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire.

1Co 15:21 For since by man came death, by man came also the resurrection of the dead.
1Co 15:22 For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive.

1Co 15:25 For he must reign, till he hath put all enemies under his feet.
1Co 15:26 The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death.
1Co 15:27 For he hath put all things under his feet. But when he saith all things are put under him, it is manifest that he is excepted, which did put all things under him.
1Co 15:28 And when all things shall be subdued unto him, then shall the Son also himself be subject unto him that put all things under him, that God may be all in all.

We believe what God tells us...we didnt make this up...it is in all bibles all over the world in many many different languages....but hardly anybody believe it.

I hope i answered your question and thank you for bearing with me.

Robin

Date: January 12, 2013 04:35AM

RobinKorevaar:

So you believe that IWWB is the only group teaching the truth and that all other religious groups, organizations, churches are teaching incorrectly and are wrong.

Please just answer the question.

You certainly did not dispute this in your last post.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/12/2013 04:37AM by rrmoderator.

Current Page: 4 of 7

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.