Pages: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4
More on Trivedi
Posted by: corboy ()
Date: December 09, 2015 10:50PM

(Quoted from above)

Wilber has recently endorsed yet another guru named Trivedi. Persons who appreciated Wilber's earlier books have expressed concern.

Has Ken Wilber Jumped the Shark?

[headthegong.com]

[culteducation.com]

More Google Citations here:

[www.google.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/09/2015 11:04PM by corboy.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Frederick Lenz Foundation - Legacy Lives
Date: January 02, 2016 11:33PM

Ken Wilber has endorsed .a series of troubled teachers, most notoriously
Adi Da, Andrew Cohen and Marc Gafni.

http://culteducation.com/group/1289-general-information/29085-petition-calls-on-whole-foods-to-cut-ties-with-rabbi-accused-of-improper-sexual-conduct.html
Petition Calls on Whole Foods to Cut Ties With Rabbi Accused of Improper Sexual Conduct

Gafni, who has ordination from Orthodox and Renewal movements, long has been trailed by accusations. He has acknowledged some inappropriate behavior, including sexual impropriety.

JTS/January 1, 2016

An online petition calls on Whole Foods to cut financial and institutional ties with Marc Gafni, a former Orthodox rabbi and spiritual teacher who has been dogged by accusations of sexual misconduct.

Nearly 900 people had signed the petition as of Thursday morning on the Change.org website. Launched Tuesday, the petition urges signers to “Stop Marc Gafni from Abusing Again.”

The petition says it aims to “prevent future harm to those who may be exposed to him, and as a protest against any individuals, organizations, or institutions that support or endorse him as a teacher or leader.”

“Complicity in giving Gafni a platform is a violation of our tradition’s highest ethical and moral standards: ‘Justice, Justice shall you pursue’ and ‘Do not stand idly by the blood of your neighbor,'” it says.

The New York Times published a feature article on Gafni on Dec. 25 under the headline “A Spiritual Leader Gains Stature, Trailed by a Troubled Past.”

The petition singles out Whole Foods, whose co-founder, John Mackey, is chairman of the executive board of Gafni’s Center for Integral Wisdom, a New Age think tank.

Gafni, who has ordination from the Orthodox and Renewal movements, long has been trailed by accusations, and he has acknowledged some inappropriate behavior, including sexual impropriety.

For a time seen as a charismatic Orthodox teacher of Torah in Jerusalem, Gafni eventually stopped identifying as Orthodox. The Renewal movement disowned Gafni after a public airing of his sexual and ethical breaches.

Several years after leaving Israel and dropping off the Jewish map, Gafni reemerged in Utah as a practitioner of a Kabbalah-inspired philosophy called evolutionary spirituality. More recently, Gafni, who has authored several books on spiritualism, moved to California and founded the Center for Integral Wisdom.

John Mackey - Whole Foods

Ties to Ken Wilber - [www.google.com]

[www.reuters.com]

Internet | Wed Jul 18, 2007 8:04am EDT
Related: Tech

Whole Foods CEO sorry for anonymous Web posts

LOS ANGELES | By Nichola Groom

The CEO of Whole Foods Market Inc. John Mackey poses in this handout photo from February, 2006. Mackey posted messages on a Yahoo! financial forum under the user name ''rahodeb'', according to a court document filed by the U.S. Federal Trade Commission and postings on Yahoo!...

[www.reuters.com]

The chief executive of Whole Foods Market Inc. apologized to shareholders on Tuesday for anonymously posting comments about his company on the Internet as the organic and natural foods grocer said the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission had launched a probe into the matter.

News of the SEC probe comes a week after court documents filed by the Federal Trade Commission revealed that Whole Foods Chief Executive John Mackey posted messages on a Yahoo! chat forum under an alias for years.

In the postings, Mackey talked up his company while predicting a bleak future for Wild Oats Markets Inc., the rival his firm is trying to acquire.

"I sincerely apologize to all Whole Foods Market stakeholders for my error in judgment in anonymously participating on online financial message boards," Mackey said in a statement on Tuesday. "I am very sorry and I ask our stakeholders to please forgive me."

Last week, Mackey had defended the postings, saying he "posted on Yahoo! under a pseudonym because I had fun doing it. Many people post on bulletin boards using pseudonyms."

Corporate governance expert Nell Minow of the Corporate Library said she did not expect him to remain CEO for long.

"The fact that somebody has twisted his arm into saying he's sorry just isn't enough," Minow said.

FTC LAWSUIT

The FTC cited Mackey's postings as part of its lawsuit aimed at blocking Whole Foods' planned $565 million acquisition of Wild Oats on the grounds the deal would hobble competition and increase prices for consumers.

SEC staff contacted Whole Foods late on Monday, the company said, adding that it was cooperating with the probe and would not make any further comments while the inquiry is pending.

The Austin, Texas company also said its board of directors formed a special committee to investigate the postings. Whole Foods hired Munger, Tolles & Olson LLP to advise it in its internal investigation.

Minow said the SEC would likely be looking at whether Mackey broke any disclosure rules in his postings and at whether his comments constituted an attempt to manipulate the share prices of Whole Foods and Wild Oats.

"When you are the CEO of a public company you no longer have the luxury of communicating in any way you like about what's going on at your company," she said.

The internal company probe would focus on Mackey's "monumental poor judgment," she said.

Whole Foods shares fell to $39.49 after closing at $39.97 on Nasdaq.

An article by a man affected by Marc Gafni was published in 2011 in Tikkhun.

[www.google.com]

Additional heated discussion here and in the comments.

[zeek.forward.com]

Useful examples
of the rationalizations used by Gafni's many enablers and admirers in the Integral scene.

A research strategy:

Anyone associated with Gafni, especially someone trash talking Gafni's victims:

put the Gafni advocate's name into google and along with search terms such
as "cult" and "abuse" and with or without the words "ego" "guru", "yoga" and "zen".

Gafni and Wilberian supporters will call this witch hunting.

Okay.

Survivors and those of us who detested cruelty rationalized as spirituality - we call this research.

Here is how Ken Wilber rationalizes cruelty - Wilber's "Rude Guru" manifesto.

[www.google.com]

As was inflicted on the daughter of one of Andrew Cohen's students - at Cohen's behest.

[whatenlightenment.blogspot.com]

Donna never returned to Foxhollow. She drifted away from the community, although she maintained contact with Stas, in part because of their daughter Sophia. But this was not the end of Donna’s humiliation at Andrew’s hands. Andrew seemed to feel the need to cause Donna more pain. He would eventually accomplish this through emotional abuse and manipulation involving her daughter Sophia.

As Stas described in his letter posted on this blog, he often had little time for his daughter Sophia due to Andrew’s demands on him. Sophia, naturally, came to resent this. Several years after Donna was assaulted with paint in the basement of Foxhollow, Sophia, then 15 years old, and her mother were living together separately from Stas. Sophia was angry with Stas for his neglect, and wanted little to do with him. She was, however, very close to Donna and held her in high esteem. Andrew became aware of this, and felt that something should be done.

Some years earlier, Andrew had learned about infidelity by Donna that had occurred in the distant past, years before Sophia was born. Over time, Andrew had used this against Stas and Donna on a number of occasions. He revealed this embarrassing information to many people in the community. When Andrew heard that Sophia wanted little to do with Stas, while holding Donna in high regard, he decided Sophia’s love and respect for her mother should be undermined by telling Sophia of her mother’s past infidelity. Andrew was outraged that Sophia would dare to be disrespectful of her father because he had given his life, his time and his priorities to Andrew, rather than her. Through the years, Andrew had often told the parents that they should not hide from the children that their dedication to him comes first, even before them. He also said he felt that it would somehow be of personal benefit for Sophia to “know the truth” about her mother and that it would help Stas’s relationship with Sophia. Andrew discussed this idea with Stas and other close students numerous times.

Andrew kept pressing Stas to tell Sophia directly of her mother’s past infidelity. As a result, when Stas was visiting with Sophia, he told her how her mother had been unfaithful before she was born. Upon hearing this, Sophia cried. But Stas felt that telling her might have had the desired effect. He called Andrew and told him this. Andrew, pleased with himself, said jokingly, “OK. So, now you owe me another $20,000.”

After Stas left, however, Sophia became physically ill and threw up. She called her mother, upset by everything she had been told. When Donna heard what had happened, she became furious. She rightfully suspected Andrew’s involvement in the affair, knowing that Stas would do nothing without Andrew’s direct instruction. But before she had a chance to speak at length with Stas about it, Alka called him and told him, “Andrew says, to leave him out of this.” Andrew had not only Stas but others told to engage in a “cover-up” for him. Later, when Stas spoke to Donna and was questioned by her, he denied any involvement by Andrew. Shanti (Mary), another long-time student and close friend of Donna’s, vehemently denied Andrew’s involvement in the affair.

Donna, Stas and their daughter Sophia have all felt the brunt of Andrew’s wrath, in cruelly novel and unexpected ways. They are not the only ones. Donna recalls Andrew once comparing himself to the controversial and scandal-plagued guru Adi Da (Da Free John), saying, “In terms of crazy wisdom, I’m the craziest.” Crazy wisdom, something Andrew once vociferously condemned in his teaching, had become a matter of pride for Andrew. The thing about crazy wisdom is, it has no limits. Let us hope—against the evidence—that Andrew’s cruelty and vengeance does.

Remember, friends - Ken Wilber associated with Andrew Cohen, did so for years.

"A" List of Trauma and Abuse

[whatenlightenment.blogspot.com]

And Wilber is the one who, in the NYT interview, dismisses Gafni's behavior as that of an insensitive boyfriend.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 01/03/2016 01:45AM by corboy.

Warrel Farrell and Ken Wilber
Date: January 04, 2016 09:37PM

Warren Farrell is a controversial figure.

[www.motherjones.com]

(Text only version if you don't want to be bothered by adverts and pop ups)

[webcache.googleusercontent.com]

Warren Farrell and Ken Wilber -- and Marc Gafni

centerforintegralwisdom.org/.../dr-warren-farrell-center-integral-wisdom/

Dr. Warren Farrell, the Vice President of CIW for Gender Issues, is the author of ... Farrell, Ken Wilber and Marc Gafni have done numerous interviews together.

The Need for Men's Liberation (Corboy note: you have to be a "premium member" to download the entire article.

[www.integrallife.com]

[www.google.com]

andrew cohen warren farrell marc gafni

[www.google.com]
21,600 results (0.50 seconds)

Search Results

Attend a Marc Gafni Event – 2011 Teaching Calendar!

www.marcgafni.com/englishenglishhebrewhebrew-342/

Marc Gafni, Mariana Caplan, Warren Farrell, Sally Kempton, Decker Cunov, Dustin ... with Ken Wilber, Dr. Marc Gafni, Sally Kempton, Andrew Cohen, Diane ...

Book Marc Gafni for Your Event!

www.marcgafni.com/englishenglishhebrewhebrew-339/

with Dr. Marc Gafni, Sally Kempton, Warren Farrell, Mariana Caplan, Terry ... Andrew Cohen, Barbara Marx Hubbard, Michael Dowd, Sofia Diaz, Jun Po Roshi

The Future of Love - Marc Gafni

www.marcgafni.com/englishenglishhebrewhebrew-182/

The Future of Love: A Free 25-Part Teleseries with Dr. Marc Gafni and Friends! ... Jean Houston, Andrew Cohen, Warren Farrell, Traleg Rinpoche, John Gray, ...

Book Projects | Center for Integral Wisdom

www.ievolve.org › ... › Activist Think Tank

2.0.1 Integral Wisdom (Ken Wilber & Marc Gafni) – TO BE COMPLETED IN DEC. .... Gafni's Unique Self teaching with Andrew Cohen's Authentic Self teaching. .... Beyond Venus and Mars (John Gray, Warren Farrell, and Marc Gafni) – TO BE ...

The Unreasonable Nature of Spirit | Center for Integral ...

www.ievolve.org › Publishing Division › Articles & Essays
Jun 14, 2011 - Andrew Cohen's response to a request for comments from ... Integral Relationships with Dr. Marc Gafni, Sally Kempton, Warren Farrell, Terry ...

Thought Leader Dialogues - Center for Integral Wisdom

centerforintegralwisdom.org/thought-leader-dialogues/

Warren Farrell .... The dialogues are hosted by Dr. Marc Gafni and some of the leaders of the Center for Integral Wisdom. ... leaders, like Richard Schwartz, Harville Hendrix, Richard Barrett, Riane Eisler, Sally Kempton, and Andrew Cohen.

Who You'll Meet - Beyond Awakening

www.beyondawakeningseries.com/guests/

Marc Gafni. Diane Bardwell Masters. Barbara Marx ... Lynne Mctaggart. Andrew Cohen. Bruce Lipton. Gangaji ... Carter Phipps. Warren Farrell. Michael Murphy.

See Who's Recommending Your Unique Self or Marc ...

uniqueself.com/endorsements/

Andrew Cohen, Founder of EnlightenNext, author of Evolutionary ... “Dr. Marc Gafni has written an brilliant book, Your Unique Self, which I believe .... Warren Farrell, PhD, author of Why Men Are the Way They Are and The Myth of Male Power:.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/04/2016 09:54PM by corboy.

Re: Nicole Grace, Kundalini, IDS - Integrated Development Strategies
Posted by: VajraTara ()
Date: May 02, 2018 08:02AM

I am a character reference for Nicole Grace, though I haven't been associated with her for at least a decade. It's just that I came here and see a lot of defamation going on. She and Scott, her bodyguard and longtime companion, got their black belts same place I went to school - at the World Seido Karate HQ in NYC on W 23rd Street. She and Scott in the same class. I was just starting out but they were already blackbelts. That must have been in 1994.

Those who claim that she doesn't know Buddhism are uniformed. She and I both read the Pali Canon and were tested on it around the same time. She has the same knowledge base as I do, and I was ordained as a a zen priest for a number of years in a documented Rinzai Zen Lineage until last year. So she's got teaching level credentials. But what she is doing is blending Buddhism, it's non-dual and also Tibetan mystical forms, with Vedanta, Hinduism, Shamanism --- it's a regular hodgepodge. I studied with her for a number of years after our mutual teacher, Frederick Lenz, died.

The point is that she believes with her whole heart in what she is doing, at least she did the last time I saw here, which was before all this online nastiness began popping up. I can't say the same for Dr. Lenz. I'm just not sure what his deal was. However, he never hurt me, and he changed my life in amazing ways and gave me dimensions I'd never have had otherwise. Changed my karma. I have to say that I have similar mixed feelings about all of my past spiritual teachers and mentors, In the end, they, we, all fall short.

So to the person whose marriage was broken up, and who was a Buddhist, I'm so sorry. All I can guess is that the husband was subconsciously looking for an out. It might have taken the form of an affair, but here, it took form of becoming a big fan. A lot of people like to give perjorative connotations to cults, but in fact, our society is made up of nothing but little cults, and big ones. Perhaps it could be destructive, for someone who is unbalanced, or has no life, or gives away money that doesn't belong to them. But this is a character or issue within the person, not necessarily the teacher.

Having known Ms. Grace for a few decades, as a fellow student, a fellow project manager in technology, a fellow musician, a fellow fluent speaker of French, and a fellow literary persona (we are both published authors and both studied at prestigious places) I know her to be authentically a champion, New York City born and bred, a world class sophisticated person, with, I believe, a somewhat warped view of reality. Other people like to go into that dream with her, for whatever reason. Sometimes, it's a nicer place than current life circumstances.

But I would tend to agree, if it's possible to create a family/social/greater community environment where we were all welcomed warmly as equals and all our gifts were welcomed, despite any peculiarities or weaknesses or differences between us,there wouldn't be a need forthe spiritual and psychological form of first-aid that Ms. Grace provides. It's a short-term patch. Anything that relies on the guru in order to work can only be that.

However, she knows that graduate school in spiritual development means finding the guru within. Internalizing it. I do think that when people reach a certain level of maturity successfully within the order, the do leave, or are 'graduated' out, or move on to teach their own flavor of the religious syncretism. But just as many are probably hurt in some way. So if they are adults, consenting adults, your best hope it to develop fulfilling and mutually beneficial relationships with them so they don't have to seek this kind of thing out.

Date: December 27, 2018 09:50AM

[hardcorezen.info]

Koudelka
September 23, 2008 at 1:09 pm | Permalink
>>mumon
I used to work at a software company who's founder disappeared after being involved in Rama's shit.

That whole page of LOOK AT OUR SUPPORTERS AND FOUNDERS is a fucking joke. It's the belief in authority out the wazoo.

Mumon
September 23, 2008 at 12:45 pm | Permalink
“The Big Mind program is made possible by Kanzeon Inc. and grants from the Segal Foundation, the Frederick P. Lenz Foundation for American Buddhism, and private donations.”

Emphasis mine.

Anybody need a refresher in Frederick “Zen Master Rama” Lenz?

Anonymous
September 23, 2008 at 1:12 pm | Permalink
Mumon,

The Lenz money has gone to many Buddhist centers:

[www.fredericklenzfoundation.org]

What do you think of this list?

Mumon
September 23, 2008 at 5:18 pm | Permalink
anonymous wrote:

The Lenz money has gone to many Buddhist centers…
What do you think of this list?

I think it is unethical, frankly, for the groups to have taken money from that foundation with the advertised acknowledgment of such grants, because quite frankly, “Dr.” Lenz’s “Buddhism” has as much in common with the 8-fold path as Henry Paulson’s Mortgage Bailout Plan.

The heavy sambokyodan flavor of the grantmaking doesn’t impress me all that much either, frankly, and that especially saddens me as I have learned good things from a couple of their teachers.

I could go on about the specific grants themselves; $56K to study how “to reconcile modern American Buddhist and meditation practice with ancient Tantric Vajrayana Buddhism?”

I s’pose it’s better spent that way than on a Lexus, but I’m really wondering if I can apply for a grant to go Harvard’s library and to translate Suzuki Shosan’s Ha Kirishitan, as the tiny smidgen I’ve seen on line leads me to think it’s more timely and relevant, especially with Sarah Palin and what-not.

But, you know, multiple wrongs don’t make a right.

Mumon
September 23, 2008 at 5:23 pm | Permalink
P.S.:

In Portland OR, at the behest of the wonderful folks at the Buddhist Peace Fellowship, we changed “Change Your Mind Day” because of its association with Lenz’s foundation, and the recent one was amazing in the breadth and diversity of temples represented.

It was Buddhist, and not so much “American” Buddhist.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/27/2018 09:51AM by corboy.

Date: November 18, 2019 12:03AM

[familiesagainstcultteachings.blogspot.com]

Families Against Cults site mentions this person and group.

A Satori Science Victim
2 years ago

My husband is a victim. They have taken over $60,000 dollars from our family with the promise that he will become enlightened. They have ruined our life and our marriage. I am my husband's enemy because of this cult group. I have been a Buddhist for 28 years. Nothing that this cult is doing has anything to do with Buddhism. Jesus and Buddha did not charge $60,000 or $600 twice a month to receive Dharma talks or insight. This is a dangerous community. Stay away from them. Thank you for listening.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/18/2019 12:18AM by corboy.

Pages: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.