Rabbis are MUCH brighter that Einstein
Posted by: richardmgreen ()
Date: July 16, 2002 12:06AM

When I was at Yeshiva D'var Yerushalayim Rabbi YK gave this talk about how Einstein really wasn't that bright compared to many of the ancient rabbis. The funny thing is that the Lubavitcher Rebbe was a good mathematician, but was he on Einsteins's level? I don't know.
Also, Einstein wasn't a braggart. His only field was physics, his theory of relativity specifically, and he said so.
Israel wanted him to be its first President, but he declined feeling that a career in politics wasn't for him.
Anyway, in the yeshiva world they seem to think they have all the greatest geniuses right there. But I'm not so sure about that.
First of all, the theory of relativity is critical to the developement of nuclear weapons. Devices that were really needed to fight off the Axis powers.
And to my knowledge, prayer wasn't enough to defuse Germany, Japan, and Italy. Weapons were needed.
It was Einstein who encouraged Oppenheimer to build the bomb and thus the "Manhattan Project" took off.

Options: ReplyQuote
Rabbis are MUCH brighter that Einstein
Posted by: richardmgreen ()
Date: July 17, 2002 10:40PM

The late Lubavitcher Rebbe believed that the sun actually revolved around the earth. But since it happened so fast, it looks the other way around. And since he's the grand rabbi, who can argue? Even Einstein should marvel.

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.