Kabbala sales pitches
Posted by: carl ()
Date: October 23, 2006 01:22PM

I saw this in the news, but I don't get it. Is Kabbalah a normal Jewish group? Somebody I k now was into that, so I wondered if its a mainstream thing or a new emergent religion or something.

Kabbala sales pitches
Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: October 23, 2006 07:42PM

Note the links higher up on this thread to the subsection within the database about the Kabbalah Centre run by Philip and Karen Berg.

The database contains quite a bit of information.

Kabbala sales pitches
Posted by: thelambchopkid ()
Date: October 25, 2006 02:50PM

mikevru
I recently came across the kabbala movement in LA and emailed the kabbale center message board to ask about an ancient prayer. I was emailed by someone from the kabbala center who knew very little about this prayer (even though this is an old kabbala prayer-anna bekoach) and proceeded to ask that i call him to get more answers to my question about the prayer. I called the NY number and a "teacher of kabbala" began to tell me about the kabbala movement, how it has answers to make people wealthy, happy, healthy, etc. I was interested at first as i put my skepticism aside for the moment as i am very critical by nature. Long story short the "teacher" got me to buy $100 worth of books and cds.

I read the stuff-could understand nothing of the Zohar as it is written in English (by Berg) and was told to scan the little zohar book in Hebrew (even though i speak no Hebrew). I read the books by Berg and it was a lot of BS.

One month went by and the "teacher" calls up today and begins to pitch the next level of enlightenment to me. He says that if I want to find my way in life I need to continue to the next level of kabbala and buy all the Zohar books (in Hebrew) so that I can scan them. The first zohar booklet that I initially bought he says is to imporve my health. Now if I want happinness, a good job, success, a nice wife, etc. I need to pay $396 to get the other zohar books to scan to achieve the next level of my enlightenment.

I cannot believe how transparent this scam is. The "teacher" asked me what I had learned form tyhe initial books he sold me, commented on how knowledgeable I had become and how I was now ready for the next level in the enlightenment process (this from listening to me talk about what i learned from the initial books for about 2 minutes-he actually said i had progressed very far and was now ready for the next level -UNBELIEVABLE). I told the teacher to go to Hell with his scam,and to never call me again. If I had been near him phsicaly i proabbly would have broken his jaw I was so mad.

These bastards take advantage of people, many who are very vulnerable, make millions off them and brainwash them. THe fact tha losers like Madonna (I cannto recall what her PhD was in)- who was a talentless slut for most of her life- is the spokesmen for this cult makes perfect sense. It is no suprise that a brainless twit like here and the other Hollywwod rejects (most of whom spend plenty of time in offices of shrinks and\/or high on drugs) push this crap on people. If someone like Bill CLinton (he has his faults but he is an intelligent person) or real Rabbis around the world were spokesmen for this gibberish then I would say that there just may be something to this stuff but when one see that it is only people like England's Beckham (another rocket scientist) and others of his evolutionary kind are the ones to promote it, then one can see this rubbish for what it really is-nothing more than a money macking scam.

One must hand it to the Berg family however as they really have a nose for money.

How could this Berg Kabbala possibly have any value when all Rabbis world-wide distance themselves from it saying it has nothing to do with traditional mystical kabbala.

What imbicile would believe that by scanning the Hebrew zohar one can heal, earn more money, find love, find happinness, etc.? well obviosulty they have found a few million but as they say....a sucker is born every minute...

BEWARE of the Berg Kabbala-it is all about money and BS

Do you honestly believe that when somebody sees your warning, with a bunch of hatefilled rhetoric andtalk of rage and violence, that they will heed that warning?? What religion are you??? Catholic??? If so, that explains it. Catholicism is probably the biggest $$$ scam ever known to man.

"If I had been near him phsicaly i proabbly would have broken his jaw I was so mad."

It's pathetic attitudes like that one that drive people into cults in the first place and give the finger to the world and you. I understand your "heeds", but refrain from such revulsive and colorful rhetoric, please... take a chill pill. Count to 20 before you post.

the lambchopkid

Kabbala sales pitches
Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: October 25, 2006 10:22PM

thelambchopkid:

The Kabbalah Centre has a sordid and troubled history.

See [www.culteducation.com]

It does seem to be more like a business than a relgion despite its tax-exempt religious status. And it is run much like a family business by the Bergs.

Attacking the Roman Catholics doesn't change that.

Please try to avoid "flaming."

Kabbala sales pitches
Posted by: ex-kabbalah ()
Date: March 05, 2007 05:54AM

The kabbalah center in New York should be shut down. They destroy lives.

I can bet the teachers are using some form or hypnotherapy. That is why those who follow them seem to willingly choose to get brainwashed.

I would like to speak to people who have family members and loved ones who are trapped in this deceitful cult.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.