Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Kabbala sales pitches
Posted by: mikevru ()
Date: June 04, 2005 07:26AM

I recently came across the kabbala movement in LA and emailed the kabbale center message board to ask about an ancient prayer. I was emailed by someone from the kabbala center who knew very little about this prayer (even though this is an old kabbala prayer-anna bekoach) and proceeded to ask that i call him to get more answers to my question about the prayer. I called the NY number and a "teacher of kabbala" began to tell me about the kabbala movement, how it has answers to make people wealthy, happy, healthy, etc. I was interested at first as i put my skepticism aside for the moment as i am very critical by nature. Long story short the "teacher" got me to buy $100 worth of books and cds.

I read the stuff-could understand nothing of the Zohar as it is written in English (by Berg) and was told to scan the little zohar book in Hebrew (even though i speak no Hebrew). I read the books by Berg and it was a lot of BS.

One month went by and the "teacher" calls up today and begins to pitch the next level of enlightenment to me. He says that if I want to find my way in life I need to continue to the next level of kabbala and buy all the Zohar books (in Hebrew) so that I can scan them. The first zohar booklet that I initially bought he says is to imporve my health. Now if I want happinness, a good job, success, a nice wife, etc. I need to pay $396 to get the other zohar books to scan to achieve the next level of my enlightenment.

I cannot believe how transparent this scam is. The "teacher" asked me what I had learned form tyhe initial books he sold me, commented on how knowledgeable I had become and how I was now ready for the next level in the enlightenment process (this from listening to me talk about what i learned from the initial books for about 2 minutes-he actually said i had progressed very far and was now ready for the next level -UNBELIEVABLE). I told the teacher to go to Hell with his scam,and to never call me again. If I had been near him phsicaly i proabbly would have broken his jaw I was so mad.

These bastards take advantage of people, many who are very vulnerable, make millions off them and brainwash them. THe fact tha losers like Madonna (I cannto recall what her PhD was in)- who was a talentless slut for most of her life- is the spokesmen for this cult makes perfect sense. It is no suprise that a brainless twit like here and the other Hollywwod rejects (most of whom spend plenty of time in offices of shrinks and\/or high on drugs) push this crap on people. If someone like Bill CLinton (he has his faults but he is an intelligent person) or real Rabbis around the world were spokesmen for this gibberish then I would say that there just may be something to this stuff but when one see that it is only people like England's Beckham (another rocket scientist) and others of his evolutionary kind are the ones to promote it, then one can see this rubbish for what it really is-nothing more than a money macking scam.

One must hand it to the Berg family however as they really have a nose for money.

How could this Berg Kabbala possibly have any value when all Rabbis world-wide distance themselves from it saying it has nothing to do with traditional mystical kabbala.

What imbicile would believe that by scanning the Hebrew zohar one can heal, earn more money, find love, find happinness, etc.? well obviosulty they have found a few million but as they say....a sucker is born every minute...

BEWARE of the Berg Kabbala-it is all about money and BS

Options: ReplyQuote
Kabbala sales pitches
Posted by: Mena ()
Date: June 15, 2005 02:13AM

You are right about Kabbalah and wrong about Madonna.

Madonna is talented (quite obviously) but she is as naive as anyone who`s been treated like a, well, super-star for 20 years now.

I think Madonna is a very good example how even a street-smart, savvy, clever person can get brainwashed when in crisis as she was when she got involved in Kabbalah. She had just has a baby, was a single parent and lost with her life. Unfortunately Kabbalah found her. A middle-aged female star, loosing her looks due to aging. Certainly not easy for someone in her profession.

What I`m very surprised about that she still hasn`t been able to snap out of it.

Cults do tend to collect people who are smart and rich because they are good PR for the cult. Dum and poor they treat quite differently from Madonna.

It would be great to have Rick Ross to interview Madonna.

Kabbala sales pitches
Posted by: Cosmophilospher ()
Date: June 15, 2005 11:59PM

Well, i think this phoney Kaballah is a scam, and i think Madonna is in on the scam, for her own interests.
She is selling this crud to children, and has always cynically manipulated the public for her own gain, going from one thing to the other.

Even Warren Beatty talked about how nutty she was in that crappy documentary she made, where she is deep-throating bottles, and other things of that nature.
She used overt sex to promote herself, and then she tries to change her image from the Whore and back to the blessed Madonna.

I do not see Madanna as a "victim". In my view she is a cold-blooded user, and seeks Attention at all costs.
So i have zero sympathy for Madonna. She is not a victim in this, in my view she is a perpetrator.
I think its just another cynical tactic on her part. She'll play this for a few years, and then try something else. Anything to stay in the public eye.

[board.culteducation.com]

Kabbala sales pitches
Posted by: Templar ()
Date: June 17, 2005 09:04AM

Amen Dude. Anyone remember a song called 'Material Girl'? I think she spelled it out pretty clear.

Kabbala sales pitches
Posted by: Mena ()
Date: June 19, 2005 02:49AM

"Even Warren Beatty talked about how nutty she was in that crappy documentary she made, where she is deep-throating bottles, and other things of that nature.
She used overt sex to promote herself, and then she tries to change her image from the Whore and back to the blessed Madonna. "

Madonna was a brave woman who expressed her sexuality the way only men are allowed to. Prince has pretend to fuck his guitar on stage. Michael Jackson has grabbed his balls many times on stage. Rap-stars are all the time fondling their balls while on stage and abuse women on their videos. Heavy metal bands have always expressed their sexuality very openly. Do you call them sluts? Do you call them whores? No, because they are men and they are allowed to do whatever they want to.

Women are sexual too. Women wanna express their sexuality too. Women might have many lovers just like men have. Does that make them sluts? Whores? No.

Madonna`s sexuality was always very positive and ironic. She didn`t degrade anyone else. She had a very positive body-image and gave a lot of courage when showing to girls and women, that you can be sexy, funny and smart and that there`s nothing wrong enjoying your body. This you can`t never understand cause you are a man.

Just because she is a woman, who expresses her sexuality, is open about it, has had many lovers, doesn`t make her a slut, a whore or anything negative. She is just a normal human being living in a western world where (almost) all the people have human rights.

You may be right about her materialism though.

Kabbala sales pitches
Posted by: yourmaster ()
Date: June 20, 2005 01:58AM

Lets call madonna a new name. I call her demonna.

Love,

YOURMASTER :D

Kabbala sales pitches
Posted by: sarahsplight ()
Date: July 06, 2005 11:55PM

hi, I am Sarah. Someone very close to me has joined Kabbalah Center of New York. Please let me know if you know of ex-members of this organization. They have ruined my life. Please help!

Kabbala sales pitches
Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: July 07, 2005 12:24AM

Kabbala sales pitches
Posted by: notaword ()
Date: August 28, 2006 08:28AM

I wish to share my .02 cents worth with my unfortunate dealings with the
Kabbalah Centre. This is something I strongly urge for you to read as soon as you can!!!

For several years now I have been reading the numerous books, listening to tapes, etc. from the Kabbalah Centre run by Philip Berg. Thankfully my local library had many of those books/tapes in their system. Regretfully last year I spent $26 for the Red String book and the infamous red string. Yes, I wore the red string for months. It fell off me in the shower one day earlier this year. Never wore another one again. I couldn't find someone to tie it on for me and say this prayer. They were too weirded out by it all.

In the back of every one of their books is a toll free number to call the Student Support Services. Naturally I got curious and sent an email for someone to call me from their website. I received my first phone call from them in early 2004. What I got out of that call was them trying to sell me the 23-Vol. set of The Zohar. That's ALL they were interested in. I told the instructor, who was some foreigner I later found out, that I have been and still am in a career change. I had no money to fork up $415 at the time.

Throughout my sporadic calls to the Kabbalah Centre it was ALWAYS the same ol, same ol trying to sell me The Zohar. I mean I was trying to
improve my life, yet I was in a Catch-22 situation. How can I get the Zohar if I have no money? How can I get the money if you say the Zohar is so powerful? Why do I need to pay money if you are a non-profit
organization? Your books state endlessly about sharing and receiving. Why can't the Kabbalah Centre give me the Zohar if its so important to my studies?

Well.......serendipitously I stumbled upon some information about a scholarship program through the Centre. Hmmmmmmm......none of the
previous instructors EVER talked about it before to me. I wonder why????? Was someone getting a nice fat commission somewhere? Anyways, I spoke to another instructor at the Kabbalah Centre in
NYC. Of course the conversation once again led straight to "You need to get the Zohar, because ALL of the students who were from the NY Kabbalah Centre that worked at the World Trade Center on 9/11 in 2001 all of survived and they did not go to work that day, because they all had the Zohar". I swear if I had a dollar every time this magical 23-volume set was being sold to me by a bunch of hard core high pressured salespeople I would be rich!!!

I told this person......"well if I have no money how will I get it?" I mean what part of "NO" don't they understand? Good Grief!!! At any rate, I mentioned to this pseudo instructor/hard sell salesperson "What
about a scholarship program I saw mentioned in an online newsletter from Michael Berg?" They seemed put off I was one-upping them and I could tell they were a tad resentful. They said that was for the very
destitute. I told them I definitely qualified. To make a long story short I registered for a scholarship to get the 23-vol set of the Zohar. It was NOT, I repeat, not easy. I had to do some follow-up calls. It took me two months before I got it. To add insult to injury they wanted me to send in
something, so I miraculously had what little money I could scrounge up (less than a $100, which I regret giving them now), which they seemed somewhat pleased.

Earlier this year I spoke with the instructor from the NY Center again, because I had not heard from them after I got the coveted Zohar a couple of months earlier. Well......apparently getting the Zohar was NOT enough. They were now literally hard-selling me a yearly subscription to a DVD program that was a companion piece to the Zohar I MUST have! They were grilling me non-stop about my financial situation, which was none of their f-ing business. I only gave them a little bit of information. It got so bad I ended up crying. Apparently they were trying to wear me down with their hard sell where I would get intimidated. Hey.......I am still in the midst of my career change, so I still have no other means of finances or disposable income. Nevertheless, I never spoke to them again.

Several months later I was assigned a new instructor. Everything was fine until our last phone conversation in early August. They started asking me about my financial situation, my work life, my housing scenario, etc. I told them "You are getting way out of line. I resent these personal questions. I am NOT going to go through another 3rd degree interrogation like I did with my last instructor." To make another long story short I no longer have anything to do with my instructor and the Kabbalah Centre whatsoever!!! The bottom line and the morale of the story......their so-called Zohar does not work. I did everything required and I am still struggling with my career and money!!!

I decided to do some research on my own about the Kabbalah entre. Yes, I had heard about all the controversy, Madonna's weirdness, people telling me it was a cult, coming upon some negative online articles over the years. However, the time had came for me to really see the Kabbalah Centre for what it truly was. I was shocked, but definitely NOT surprised! I had my suspicions all along.

I know there is a libel chill clause from the Kabbalah Centre where they will sue anyone who speaks ill of them. It'd be worthless to sue me, but
they can make anyone's life a hell. I know.....I was in one for nearly three years, so they are not making idle threats. Everytime I called the Centre they had my phone number on some state-of-the-art caller ID.
Even when I did the caller ID block on my telephone my phone number still showed up on theirs! It was super scary. They even called me back without my permission at times when I hung up on them and did not not want ANY further conversations. These people, especially the wacko brain-washed instructors, are as annoying as those wretched telemarketers who are being payed only on commission if they make a sale.

Please check out the voluminous articles about the Kabbalah Centre:

[www.culteducation.com]

Kabbala sales pitches
Posted by: richardmgreen ()
Date: August 29, 2006 02:08AM

mikevru
One month went by and the "teacher" calls up today and begins to pitch the next level of enlightenment to me. He says that if I want to find my way in life I need to continue to the next level of kabbala and buy all the Zohar books (in Hebrew) so that I can scan them. The first zohar booklet that I initially bought he says is to imporve my health. Now if I want happinness, a good job, success, a nice wife, etc. I need to pay $396 to get the other zohar books to scan to achieve the next level of my enlightenment.
You can get the whole Zohar on CD-ROM for about 160 dollars from good Jewish bookshops like West Side Judaica in NYC. I'm sure they'll ship it to you. Berg actually met with Yassir Arafat. The bombs are still going off.

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.