Posted by: three ()
Date: August 18, 2011 03:25AM

just keep exposeing them

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: When I Expose Wrongdoers I Am Told I am Doing Wrong
Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: August 18, 2011 03:38AM

What is this thread about?

What is the name of the "Tibetan teacher" or group being discussed here?

Posted by: grainne uaile ()
Date: August 18, 2011 09:09PM

I was not sure if I should say who I am discussing, but most of this came from the owner of a Buddhist forum, and from two other Tibetan Buddhist forums. This Joan of Arc threat came in a PM, and so I thought that PMs were private so I can't post who wrote them?

The purpose of this thread is to understand why groups that teach peace and love also give out threats? And how serious should I take such threats?

But just now he PMed me this:

: Young lady, I am in no way threatening you and I'm certainly not a Tibetan Buddhist.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/18/2011 09:15PM by grainne uaile.

Posted by: corboy ()
Date: August 19, 2011 12:03AM

If anyone using this message board gets a PM (private message) that is unpleasant or worriesome, the thing to do is copy the entire thing, including the user name of whoever sent it, and send it by private message to rrmoderator (rick ross).

Only someone who has actually registered as a member of the RR.com message board would be able to send a private message. All registered members are listed in a drop down menu of names that appears on the screen if you are in the Private Message section and click the Send Message command.

Only names that are on that drop down menu can send messages within the PM system.

Repeat, if you get a PM that worries you, copy it and send it to rrmoderator.

Date: August 19, 2011 12:06AM

grainne uaile:

If you are not discussing a specific group by name this thread has no meaningful purpose.

Again, what specific group are you concerned about?

Posted by: grainne uaile ()
Date: August 19, 2011 03:35AM

I don't feel like I can talk about the people who are doing the harassment or have had. So you are right,and then maybe the entire thread should just be deleted.

Posted by: corboy ()
Date: August 20, 2011 12:15AM

If you are using mediation methods in which you are directed to visualize the teacher as a Buddha, and repeat that kind of practice all the many times as prescribed for preparation for intiatiation into tantra, the grave risk is that the image of the teacher will become co-mingled with your own sense of self.

Then, if that same teacher whose image youve been told to internalize is reportedly doing harm, that places the aspirant in a dreadful state of conflict.

These practices were designed by a power elite in Tibet and would have the effect of ensuring the power elite go unquestioned.

Buddha never recommended these guru/deity yoga practices, anyway. And in the Mahaparanibbana sutras he promised his students that he had already taught them all they needed--no need to worry that he had left anything out, and no need to look for secret teachings in caves.

Date: August 20, 2011 12:19AM

grainne uaile:

No it won't be "deleted" just closed.

If you wish to discuss problems with a group perhaps the best place to do that is with a professional licensed counselor, not on a message board.

See [www.culteducation.com]

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.
This forum powered by Phorum.