Citadel Church Des Moines, WA
Posted by: walkingdead ()
Date: August 15, 2011 02:23PM

Wondering if anyone has had any experiences with this group/church or with Tracey Armstrong or Matt Wakefield and their various ministries If you have I'd like to hear your thoughts.

I had a term of experience with them for the course of near six months a little under a year ago. I was deeply involved in the workings of their church and one of their "internship" programs they offer. I've only begun to truly collect my thoughts after leaving/being kicked out, I'll tell my full story when I have the time. I am concerned that I was involved in cult-like activity and it's left a deep scar on my mind and heart and recently it's become hard to even desire to attend the church my wife and I have finally settled on after a long time in searching for somewhere to fall. Thankfully it's a wonderful church that is a far cry from what I've been with in recent time, but I want to start pulling together my thoughts and begin what I hope to be a healing process.

Anyways, any thoughts? I'll post my full story when I have more time.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Citadel Church Des Moines, WA
Posted by: wonderingaswell ()
Date: January 13, 2012 04:05AM

I too am wondering as well but, need to find more clearity in the matter. Please help me. Please read my personal messages

Posted by: walkingdead ()
Date: January 13, 2012 05:17AM

I'll respond to your private messages in just a few minutes. Thanks for the response, I'm hoping to keep this post in the top as long as possible so hopefully more can join in the discussion.

Posted by: wonderingaswell ()
Date: January 13, 2012 07:57AM

When I started there I felt that the whole church thing was going to be a blessing for me and my family, We got involved in groups and learning about the church. I then noticed people were very secretive as if it was some mouth shut club, when you walked over to say hello instead of a smile you recieved more of a who no action. I wondered what we had done, we are not a loud family, we are not bad, we do not smoke, or drink, or do drugs, we are just normal and wanted to worship God. We loved the preaching and teaching but, at night that is when the wierdest stuff happens, you hear devil come out of this one, or that one. I believe in all that so I did not have a problem until one day someone told me that she heard they were talking about my family. I though that seems very strange and just knocked it up to gossip or the devil trying to get us away from the church but, later I noticed this is their weeding out ways.

Posted by: discernmentiskey ()
Date: May 07, 2012 05:08AM

I too had to leave the church and it took me a long time to recover. I agree the Sunday night services became very odd. If you review some of the concerns with Todd Bentley and others you will note that Tracey has connections with the same group. In fact, you look into this there are some that came out of the Todd Bentley deception. The very spirit operating is identified.

Ultimately, I knew Tracy intimately as I was a donor to his various projects. However, as a successful business man I soon discovered that he is a just a salesman. There was no "meat" to any of his projects. He always had ideas and then bought a website and added an image as if it were a website and project actually being developed. Soon project X is replaced with a new revelation from "God" to work on project Y. Never any mention of where the money went or why "God" had him abandon project X. Over the years I personally know of multiple projects that have taken this exact course. I soon discovered this was a way to have the masses donate and work toward something continuously. But sadly, none of these projects bear fruit for anyone but the Armstrong family. Not even Matt or the other worker bees reaps any financial reward.

The church created a wedge between me and family members that also attended the church. It was as if asking my family members why the church website doesn't mention Jesus Christ or have a statement of faith or anything biblical was my personal attack on Armstrong and church. The list of conerns I tried to raise by my family members to ask them to pray and seek truth was always met with unbiblical retorts. But, carefull review the materials of the church and its website the truth is present in what it doens't say. There is nothing about Christ, zero. It is only a brochure for Armstrong how [he] will connect you with God. My bible says, let me quote:

"Jesus said unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man comes unto the Father, but by me." John 14:6

I also raised very serious concerns to Tracey and other "leaders" about improper relationships between young teens and adults (I use this term adult based on the age of the persons) and my concerns were dismissed. One of the church members Zane Nixon was arrested for serial groping. You can Google his name for more details and even find videos of Tracey commenting to the media after court hearings.

Ultimately the church is plagued with spiritual problems and financial impropriety. There is zero financial accountability and zero financial transparency. I have been unable to find any required entity registrations or any of the required financial disclosures required by the IRS.

The spiritual problems are more concerning because many are being subjected to unholy conduct and taught lies by deceiving spirits that operate in services totally unchecked. This is more true during the night services. Also why are the lights turned down so low during these night services? Whether Tracey engages in false doctrine intentionally or not, I don't know. He very well could be deceived himself. If you carefully research his background and his "mentors" you can see that he may well have been taught erroneous doctrine and introduced by them to doctrines of demons. His apparent focus on spiritualism is concerning.

If you are in this environment it is hard to see the truth. I was there myself. But, if you will ask the Spirit of Truth to reveal the TRUTH to you He will. Once you begin to see clearly, its amazing to realize the signs were all around you, all the time and that you were deceived and unable to discern the truth. That is what shocked me the most. How was I deceived when I know the truth! I pray for everyone not only at Citadel Church but all across this nation that are involved with churches that have traveled away from the Truth and a personal relationship with the Lord Jesus Christ.

Finally, I would say that I know Tracey and other leaders that deliver prophecies in the church are not hearing from God. I had numerous prophecies spoken to me by Tracey and others in numerous services. Each time I transcribed the prophecies verbatim. At the time I was doing this to honor the word of God that had been revealed to me. After years of every prophecy falling to the ground, the honor I showed those words by transcribing them was the very thing God used to open my eyes to the truth. I make this same challenge to you as does our Holy bible, test the spirits, pray for wisdom, pray for truth.

Posted by: Philippians48 ()
Date: March 05, 2019 12:16AM

I knew Tracey from the 80's and 90's when he was a believer for maybe 3 years..His belifs of himself when i met him was that he was gifted and his gifts were prophecy and Laying on of hands... He used to study Benny Hinn and he was his idol. He used to proclaim he ould one day move to florida to minister with benny Hinn...

Tracey was always seeking spiritual accolades and often held "prayer groups" outside church and he loved that people sought him out for solutions... He has always been lusting, fame, fortune, and women. He was actully known at the time to have numerous improper relationships wih people and again left unchecked..

He came from the church currently known s champion centre in tacoma where there is also the same lust...a church filled with sexual misconduct, lust for monsy and when you ask questions or question these things, you are kicked our or black balled from ministry.

it is very damaging to people spiritully, and we struggle to then know the true character of God and how the Holy spirit really moves...
most importantly, I am not surprised or shocked, becsuse this is who he has always been.. He claimes to be appointed by God and maybe He is who am I to say, but I know for sure the day I confronted him about his so called
spiritual knowledge was when I cut all ties with that circle of people... I confronted him about his conduct and when he asked me where did I get the information from, I intentionally lied to see what he would say, and his reply was "the holy spirit told me" it was so and so...... so he claimed to be in agreement, that he already knew.... but I lied to expose him.... so I let it go on for quite some time......

He also went to "bible college" under Roberts Lairdon...in san juan capistrano when he would come back to the church to visit, he was mimicking now this pastors style...but the same thing, having private prayer meetings exercising his "spiritual giftings" unchecked... his attitude was always that he had a deeper relationship with God.. like a spiritual arrogance.....

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.