Current Page: 49 of 49
Re: YMBBA Ministries
Posted by: jimmy26 ()
Date: August 06, 2013 04:07AM

The whole point of this forum is to discuss all aspects of ymbba/CoW and spiritual aspects, such as doctrine, and specifically doctrine, are paramount. Most of us who have been commenting in this forum have been discussing those things. Forcing us to leave Jesus Christ and His biblical doctrine out of the discussion defeats the purpose of this forum. I'm done.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: popeye12 ()
Date: August 16, 2013 04:38AM

Hi Jimmy. I realize that you are frustrated, but you have first hand knowledge of this group and are very important to this site. People searching for info because a family member or loved one has been 'taken' in by the deception need a place to gather info as well as to communicate with others that understand. Please dont stop posting.

Posted by: 4everfaithful ()
Date: September 13, 2013 08:42AM

Info can be found here until these files are retrieved....[faith.boardhost.com]

Date: September 21, 2013 04:43AM

As time has permitted me over the spring and summer of this year, I have listened to a number of the sermons that can be found YMBBA's website called the Church of Wells. I have read a few of their writings, and have searched the internet for any information on what these people teach. I have concluded that they are a small group of people with very strong convictions by which they strive to live. And yet are held in vast disfavor by popular opinion.
What I have found has caused me to conclude that these people are not a cult, but are teaching and preaching according to their own convictions.
Some of the questions I had toward the beginning of this year have now been answered. Other answers are still being unraveled as I listen to their own sermons which are very telling in what they believe.
Some of the things I have been told are profoundly untrue. For example, I have been informed that they believe they are the only true church in America and that in order to be saved you must be a part of their group. This is contradictory to what they teach in their own sermons.
I would encourage the reader to go to their website and read/listen to what they have to say for themselves before passing judgment on this group based upon what others are saying about them. The YMBBA Ministries website can be found by doing a search on the "Church of Wells".

Date: September 21, 2013 06:14AM

Alightinadarkworld- I would urge you and everyone concerned for these people to read this:

file:///Users/lisastoughton/Desktop/Ch.%207%20-%20The%20Sword%20of%20Judgment%20-%20The%20Doctrine%20of%20Judgment.webarchive

Date: September 21, 2013 06:19AM

I would urge anyone concerned about this group to read this by one of their elders:

[www.thedoctrineofjudgment.com]

Posted by: whatevahs ()
Date: March 11, 2015 04:01AM

I saw the link to "libertyforcaptives.com" in this thread and liked some of the articles I read there.

I especially liked this list of ways to tell the difference between gossip and criticism:

8 Ways to Tell the Difference between Gossip and Criticism

1.) Motive Toward the Other

Gossip’s motive is destructive and malicious: it wants to bring down another person in order to destroy them or make them look worse than they are.

Criticism wants to make someone or something better; it is based on love which always protects, thus it does not unnecessarily expose another person for the sake of sensationalism, but it also does not cover up for a leader when that leader’s actions are hurting other people.

2.) Motive Toward Yourself

Gossip’s motive is to build yourself up as superior to the other, and as a source of information which makes you feel powerful and special.

Criticism comes from a humble heart which is unafraid to stand up for what is right, even if it hurts.

3.) Basis

Gossip is based on cowardice and falsehood.

Criticism is based on courage and truth.

4.) Content

Gossip often states falsehood as fact. Gossip often twists the truth to make it seem worse than it is.

Criticism fact-checks and refuses to use unsubstantiated information. Criticism understands that people and situations are rarely black and white. It refuses to twist facts to better fit its own agenda.

5.) Character

A gossip (the person who gossips) lacks self-control, is undignified, tends toward idleness, combines gossip with slander, is unconcerned about truth, betrays secrets, promotes rumors as facts, is prone to sensationalism, is jealous, lacks contentment; he or she is quarrelsome, stubborn, and rebellious. In other words, a person who gossips tends to have a constellation of negative qualities which brands him or her as untrustworthy and destructive.

A critic, on the other hand, has a reputable character which is full of the fruit of the Spirit.

6.) Medium

difference_between_gossip_and_critcism
via superhua, Creative Commons
Gossip uses inappropriate mediums to convey genuinely private information. It hijacks an audience and splashes information held in confidence far and wide using social media, print, radio, or television.

Criticism understands the power of media and uses it only when appropriate. The more private the matter, the more private the medium; the more public a matter, the more public the medium. Crucially, a critic understands the difference between a public figure and a public matter. Public figures deserve privacy when a matter does not impact their public ministry. But if the matter does impact their public ministry, it may be shared with all those affected. Such sharing is not gossip, it is proportional. Such is the parity of the platform, where teachers enjoy additional prestige and also additional accountability.

7.) Process

Gossips ignore protocols, whether biblical or other, and widely share private information without following biblical due process.

Critics, on the other hand, confront the offending person (if safe to do so) privately (this could include correspondence, phone calls, etc.), then with another trustworthy person, and then with the church. As noted above, a critic shares negative information about another person only insofar as that particular information impacts other people, in other words, as far as another person’s platform and influence warrants.

8.) Effect

Gossip is destructive: it impoverishes the people who listen to it and undermines the people it describes.

Criticism, on the other hand, empowers those who listen to it and either corrects errant leaders by keeping them accountable to biblical standards, or removes them in order to strengthen the organization they previously led and protect the people they were supposed to serve.

Too true.

Date: August 12, 2015 05:11AM

A couple years ago I wrote a few messages giving my support to the Church of Wells. This was before I had actually met any of the members.
Since I gave such a favorable account, I felt it was encumbent on me now to say, with sincere grief, that I withdraw any support and approval for this group.
Let me just state that things are very different in real life than what is presented over the internet. Scripture says that those who worship the Lord must worship Him in spirit and in truth, and that Satan is the father of lies.
I urge any one who intends to have contact with any one in this group to use extreme caution, and remember that Christ will never contradict the written word of God. Keep in mind the following scriptures: Matt. 24:4,5 & 23,24; Mk.13:5,6 & 21-23; Lk. 21:8; 2 Thess. 2:3-12; and 1 Jo.4:1.

Posted by: allan ()
Date: August 20, 2015 02:35PM

Are you familiar with a ministry known as Terraforming (aka blueflame47) based in Tulsa, OK? Their leaders are Scott and Sheri Norvell. My wife is deeply involved with a group in our locale that follow their teachings. There has been conflict in our relationship due to some "red flags" that I have about the aforementioned group.

Current Page: 49 of 49

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.