Current Page: 47 of 49
Re: YMBBA Ministries
Posted by: justin07 ()
Date: May 23, 2013 09:58AM

Hi everyone, thank you so much for your posts. It is encouraging to read that the Christian groups on your campus are speaking up and being more bold in their declaration of God's great love. I know that Wells is a very small town. What college are you referring to?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: j.r. ()
Date: June 25, 2013 09:03AM

Question: Anyone know what happened to Kelly (I will spare her last name for some privacy)? She used to have a video on their homepage about her baptism, but it appears that they removed it, so maybe she "apostasized" from the group??????

Posted by: amilli ()
Date: July 08, 2013 12:20PM

justin07
What college are you referring to?

Stephen F Austin State University in Nacogdoches, Texas. I know this, I attend there, and they've annoyed a lot of people there during the time they were preaching in late April. It seems unfortunate that they are now settled 30 minutes away from SFA. Luckily, some Baptist pastor from the East side of town pretty much debated them out of there during deadweek in April. I don't think they'll be back.

Posted by: God's Child ()
Date: July 10, 2013 11:14AM

Dear Amilli...

Is there any possible chance that you might know the church the above mentioned pastor is from? His name? The church? Even the area? And, as an encouragement, remember, God has ALL of this, not just some of this, in His righteous right hand!

Thank you in advance for any information you might be able to provide.

Sincerely,

God's Child

Posted by: chris99 ()
Date: July 20, 2013 01:33PM

Hello Folks,
Just wanted to let YOU ALL KNOW.. that I am still around. As well as, watching and listening...

Fear not, For I am with You... Isaiah 41:10

Posted by: jimmy26 ()
Date: July 27, 2013 06:08AM

Who are you then? Why are you "watching and listening"?

Posted by: justin07 ()
Date: July 28, 2013 07:12AM

Hi Chris, nice to hear from you. Love that you are watching and listening. So how are things in Wells? I was actually down there last week doing some interceding. So I have a question. Where do all of the members live? Are they all still in Wells? I had some help identifying a few houses but not enough to hold 75+ people. Any ideas?

Posted by: senhome ()
Date: July 29, 2013 08:20AM

I'm sharing a short message here, and I welcome response from even YMBBA members (if they dare):

Since the nation in which we live is in moral decline -- possibly even edging toward major civil unrest -- in what way do or should God's people respond or prepare for catastrophe or crisis? Should God's people just cluster in their church groups, or should they reach out to give aid to neighbors? What if family emergency happens? What if close friends or family members get caught in things leading to death, serious injury or long-term confinement? Are close kin or close friends called to be some type of useful help in the circle of their blood-relatives and their friends who have critical needs?

Our Lord Jesus said, in a parable:
"For I was an hungred, and ye gave me no meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me no drink: 43 I was a stranger, and ye took me not in: naked, and ye clothed me not: sick, and in prison, and ye visited me not. 44 Then shall they also answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, or athirst, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not minister unto thee? 45 Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me."
Matt 25:42-45 (KJV)

The '"least of these" are not even my relatives or my friends. Some would say the "least of these" includes the street people who are complete strangers. This is likely true, but should we treat our relatives or friends better than we treat "the least of these"? I think we should, since our first obligation is to love one another, and love in a family is natural. It is God-ordained. Love (phileo love) among friends is natural, and it is God-ordained. Those who change the natural love for something that is unnatural are aiming themselves at the curses described in the latter part of Romans chapter 1. It seems the group in Wells is developing an unnatural love, having forsaken the love God ordained for families and among friends. Their brand of alternative lifestyle is different than another famous 'alternative lifestyle' (a 'minority group'}. Nonetheless, it is unnatural. Now, look at Romans 1:31:
"Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful: "
Romans 1:31 (KJV)

What is love? Is it some complicated exercise? Not at all, or else a child could never love his father and mother. The practice of love starts in the home. Mommy and daddy are supposed to demonstrate it, and the children are supposed to reflect it back to their parents. Little babies show love, in a healthy family. Springing out of practice, practice and more practice, family members learn to show God's love among family members, and then they can begin to reach out to friends and neighbors, to show love and concern. By God's grace, they may show love to complete strangers.

Love can become more complex, as situations warrant it to be such. Mature people are able to love, both simply and with a complexity. Most important, learn to love simply, and then God's wisdom will guide you to love in what seems to be a more complex manner.

I taught these things to my son who dwells in Wells. I pray he will remember these things, if crisis emerges.

I think Job was right in saying, "Did I say, Bring unto me? or, Give a reward for me of your substance? 23 Or, Deliver me from the enemy's hand? or, Redeem me from the hand of the mighty? 24 Teach me, and I will hold my tongue: and cause me to understand wherein I have erred. 25 How forcible are right words! but what doth your arguing reprove? 26 Do ye imagine to reprove words, and the speeches of one that is desperate, which are as wind?
27 Yea, ye overwhelm the fatherless, and ye dig a pit for your friend." Job 6:22-27 (KJV)

Will the arguing make any sense if my family is in the midst of a crisis? Will I want a YMBBA preacher at my doorstep if riots and anarchy are causing devastation and grief in my home or in my neighborhood? No ... I would hope for caring actions, doing all that can be done for the sake of safety (physical, mental and spiritual safety). Job was already in a pit, and he felt his 'friends' were digging a pit for him. He refused to get into their pit, and in the end, God revealed he was right about that and his friends were wrong. Job was not entirely right, and so God reproved Job, but it was not a reproof aligned with the words of Job's friends.

God is our Judge. He is our King. He is our Lawmaker. God is love, and He desires we love Him and love fellow man. Please do not forget to obey Him, in times of calamity.

I'm prodding a discussion. It's been real quiet on this thread. That's OK, but I'm prodding, anyway. How about some discussion from people who are in the YMBBA? If you cannot, with a clear conscience, reply using this forum (because it is viewed as a place that is tainted), then please reply to my email address.

Posted by: chris99 ()
Date: July 31, 2013 02:02AM

I AM WHO I AM.. AND I HAVE A FRONT ROW VIEW... WHAT'S IT TO YOU?

jimmy26
Who are you then? Why are you "watching and listening"?

Posted by: jimmy26 ()
Date: July 31, 2013 05:00AM

I am really just wondering why you are watching and listening, and more importantly, who you are watching and listening too. Also, @senhome, I enjoyed reading what you wrote in your latest post!

chris99
I AM WHO I AM.. AND I HAVE A FRONT ROW VIEW... WHAT'S IT TO YOU?

Current Page: 47 of 49

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.