Current Page: 38 of 49
Re: YMBBA Ministries
Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: January 18, 2013 01:55AM

breakthroughbirther:

You might start another thread if it is not directly related to YMBBA Ministries and title it accordingly.

If the group is related to YMBBA please explain that in your post so everyone reading will fully understand your concerns.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/18/2013 01:57AM by rrmoderator.

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: January 24, 2013 12:08AM

I am trying to find proof of whether or not the Church of Wells is teaching only sound Biblical doctrine. I have listened to a couple of their sermons, as well as read through some of the written material found on their website.
So far, I have not found anything that contadicts, misuses or misapplies scriptural context. However, I do not have the time it would take to listen/read through all their material, and I was hoping some of you might be able to help me out.
Can anyone here provide me with links, and or quotes, from the Church of Wells' own materials that would provide evidence that the Scriptures are being abused, misapplied or otherwise contradicted?

Posted by: justin07 ()
Date: January 24, 2013 09:19AM

to alightinadarkworld- Im not really sure what you are looking for, but probably the best way to get an understanding of the tactics of this group is to go back a few pages and read the account from the young man that experiencerd this group first hand. He gives a good account of what was said to him and how he was treated. I think there are quite a few first hand accounts of the group's words and actions throughout the pages of this blog. There is also a news report about a newborn infant that was allowed to die because of the groups beliefs, so perhaps you should also watch those reports, I believe there is a link available.

Date: January 25, 2013 01:18AM

I have read through the account, however it didn't really help me. In a court of law one would have to go by facts, and taking that young man's word would be "hear-say". Not that its untrue, it just can't be upheld as evidence.
I am trying to find actual written or spoken proof of Biblical doctrine being turned upside down. If I use what some one "says" was said to them as evidence, I would have to call in the other party to attest to the same as well.
I looked at three different news reports concerning the tragic death of that infant. They all quoted the elder basically the same. So I listened to the memorial service that the elder had held for the child, and found that the statement as quoted by the news reports was actually only a phrase in part of a statement. The entire statement gave a different context than what I had perceived from the news.
Has anyone listened to any of their sermons, and found questionable doctrine? I would like to run the materials through the gauntlet of scripture.

Posted by: justin07 ()
Date: January 25, 2013 10:37AM

to alightinadarkworld. Your request seems odd. You don't accept a first hand account of atrocities suffered at the hands of this group yet you want someones opinion on something they have heard or read.(?) I suspect that you are not who you are presenting yourself to be. You claim to be " a light in a dark world" yet you are using the same dishonest tactics to try to gather information that the lost of this world use. Perhaps you don't really want to know the truth about this group.

Date: January 26, 2013 01:12AM

Hello Justin07,
You seem to have missunderstood my request. Getting some one's opinion of what they have read or heard is exactly the opposite of what I am looking for. If you were to tell me, "They missquote scripture in such and such sermon, and take xx verse out of context in such and such article", then I would not have to take your word for it. I would not be subject to merely your opinion: I would have the source myself.
However, if you were to just tell me ''They always misquote scripture", I would only have your word for it.
Does this make more sense?
I do not understand how looking for factual written or recorded evidence of missuse within the YMBBA ministry equates dishonest tactics that the lost use to gather information.

Posted by: senhome ()
Date: January 27, 2013 02:08AM

To me, the request by alightinadarkworld seems odd.
Regarding YMBBA, we have available to us written words and videos. These are shown to the public.

What is not shown to the public is the many and various messages gotten privately, over the phone or by email. I have gotten these messages from people at YMBBA. The caused me to be very disturbed with the doctrines held by the people in that group currently residing in Wells, Texas.

alightinadarkworld ... it seems you want me (or others) to respond to what is publicly available ... what is misquoted scripture in those things offered to the public. It seems you do not want any of my comments which pertain to the private messages I have gotten from people who are members at YMBBA. Am I correct in my assessment of your question?

Now look ... YMBBA publicly presents itself as a 'solid christian group'. Why would they do otherwise?

Any effective scam is going to publicly present itself as a 'solid opportunity'. If you hope to avoid being scammed by the scam artist, you must do your diligent searching to find out what others have to say about the opportunity presented. You would do well to get information from neutral sources who gain no monetary benefit from describing good or bad aspects of the scammer's opportunity presentation. At any rate, if a person digs deeply, he or she will discover enough information to reveal the scam for what it is ... and then, of course, it is wise to: 1) steer clear of the scam; 2) warn others to avoid the scam; 3) consider reporting the scam to authorities who can shut it down.

The illustration above applies to YMBBA in this way: YMBBA is (IMHO) a spiritual scam. I did diligently dig around to find facts. The facts I found are not published on the YMBBA website. They are not preached about in the videos available at the YMBBA website. They are facts ... not opinions. I heard them with my own ears (phone conversations) and I saw them with my own eyes (email messages). The scammer will do his best to keep the focus on the publicly available presentations. The scammer hopes to discredit all hearsay, so that it does not hinder the basis being presented publicly at the scammer's website.

alightinadarkworld ... I sense you hope to push aside all of the non-public tidbits pertaining to YMBBA ... do you discredit them, as if they are not pertinent to the evaluation of YMBBA and its public presentations? People writing in this forum thread have had real experiences, during the unfolding history of YMBBA's subtle enticing of young adults into their group. Family members have been swept away, and the experiences caused pain, due to broken relationships. Do you just sweep this away as 'hearsay'? Don't you care that people are hurting?

Do you really want us (the hurting ones) to ignore the hurt? What you call 'opinions' are connected to what we feel as hurt. We did not imagine the hurt ... it is real every day that our loved ones are not participating in our lives in the way God ordained families to happen. Our loved ones are taken away by a spiritual scam (YMBBA). We want them back, because we love them. God wants them centered in His Word ... in every aspect of their lives, including honoring their parents.

Show me how a child honors his parents by cutting off all communications with them? Show me how that pleases God. Show me the many scriptures (Old Testament and New Testament) that confirm it pleases God when children do this to their parents.

Posted by: Kjdean49 ()
Date: January 27, 2013 08:05AM

Why exactly are you even interested? Do you have someone in the group?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/27/2013 08:07AM by Kjdean49.

Posted by: jimmy26 ()
Date: February 01, 2013 04:56AM

Hello, I am new to this forum. I started reading it on Tuesday when I started researching ymbba. I know some of the members of ymbba. One of them is a brother that I love very much. I and some others that I am close to all miss him very much and we love him very much. I have been in Christ for many years and when I met this young man he was in love with Christ as I am. Then he somehow got involved in ymbba and he started to change. He now believes that I am a false convert, that I am unsaved. He got married to someone in the group and they have a kid now. It grieves my heart and I have been praying for him for a couple of years now. I want to thank senhome, kjdean and justin07 specifically for their encouraging words on this forum. It breaks my heart to read the pain and loss that you have felt and are feeling. I never thought I would come across other people that hurt like I do and more. I am thankful for your greatly encouraging words from the scriptures and I have been comforted very much. I just want to encourage all of us to keep praying for these young people and ask God to open their eyes. Also, remember that what the enemy means for evil, God will use for the good of those of us who are called according to His purpose.

Posted by: Kjdean49 ()
Date: February 01, 2013 08:25AM

Welcome, Jimmy. Keep praying. We serve a mighty God who IS in control and Who is so much bigger than this. Keep your focus on Him and be strong. Feel free to private message any of us.

Current Page: 38 of 49

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.