Current Page: 24 of 49
Re: YMBBA Ministries
Posted by: Kjdean49 ()
Date: August 13, 2012 05:14AM

Welcome to you Fla1974! Feel free to voice concerns but you might want to be careful how much you post publicly as this site is monitored by the group. I know any of us will be more than happy to answer any questions you might have and would welcome any kind of private message you want to send. I agree with Justin07 about finding a good church. It has been vital for us to be rooted in His Word so that we would know Truth from deception. Any questions, just ask. I will be praying for you and your friend. God is able to bring her out of this group.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: DOTTIE ()
Date: August 16, 2012 08:23AM

this is most definatly a cult they take Gods holy word the inspired scripture and twist it to say anything
they are trying to prove,they have seperated one of my family memembers away from us and she has no contact at all with us ,I believe they are very dangerous because they set themselves up as judge to say if a person is saved or not .these young men who call themselves Elders have not put themselves under Godly older men to mentor and guide them and by so doing has let Satan take their zeal witout knowledge to a destructive level.

Posted by: j.r. ()
Date: August 16, 2012 09:09PM

Hi Folks,

Short of long, I have a friend in this group, although we have not talked in some time. They emailed me about a year ago (late last fall actually) saying I had to meet some folks in Texas. I never met them, but became concerned about the group for a myriad of reasons...

Looking over these pages, I see that some of these questions are asked, but I didn't see them answered:

1. Do we know how many are involved? Obviously this would be an estimate, unless there is an insider posting, but...

2. Where exactly have they left orthodoxy to become a cult? Is it largely the issue of "separation" that they seem to emphasize??

3. Has anyone on this list bee thoroughly involved with them? If so, what is a driving factor for these young men? Any ideas?

Thanks.

Posted by: justin07 ()
Date: August 17, 2012 02:19AM

Hi Dottie-you got it right. This group twists the truth and uses fear (never from God) to control the members. I have noticed that 'they' target people who already confess a belief in God, very interesting, so obviously the wolves in sheeps clothing that the bible warns us about. After 'brainwashing' new members (great article on libertyforcaptives about this) they get them to cut off ties with their family and friends that disagree with the group. Probably the saddest thing of all is that they get these beautiful children of God to turn their backs on the gifts and blessings that God has given them, so what you end up with is a bunch of people wrongfully denying what God has given them and instead purposefully living a life of deprivation, wrong on so many levels.

Posted by: Kjdean49 ()
Date: August 17, 2012 02:35AM

Hi Dottie and j.r.! Welcome to the group! Dottie, when some of our pastors tried to speak to my son-in-law, he refused. They usually cannot stand up against the truth.

JR, my estimation would be 150-200. Hard to really tell. In January, we were told about 120. At my granddaughter's memorial service, there were maybe 65-70 of them there. This group is more about condemnation, having the elders approve your salvation (only they can determine if you are saved or not), losing your salvation...generally, things that do not line up with Scripture. They love taking things out of context to prove a point. Driving factor? I would say control. That's why they stress separation. If you disagree, then you are wrong.

Posted by: j.r. ()
Date: August 17, 2012 06:22AM

Yes, I noticed they seemed to go after folks already in the Church and professing Christ. I noticed a general trend in thought, even if the man didn't intend for his words to be taken where these guys have taken them, from Paul Washer's "Shocking Youth Message", which was brought up earlier. My friend that is involved listened to that sermon, convinced she wasn't saved and has since viewed almost everyone in the church w/ suspicion. Basically, "Lord Lord...I never knew you" is the governing verse in their mind and dictates almost all of their interactions, etc.

I am actually amazed at how many there are.

In a sense, although obviously not as exclusive, they sound like Michael Woroniecki if you know his name. He is a man that preaches similarly and I met him when I was in college and corresponded w/ him briefly.

Thanks for the input.

Kjdean49
JR, my estimation would be 150-200. Hard to really tell. In January, we were told about 120. At my granddaughter's memorial service, there were maybe 65-70 of them there. This group is more about condemnation, having the elders approve your salvation (only they can determine if you are saved or not), losing your salvation...generally, things that do not line up with Scripture. They love taking things out of context to prove a point. Driving factor? I would say control. That's why they stress separation. If you disagree, then you are wrong.

Posted by: wendyjduncan ()
Date: August 17, 2012 10:45AM

JR, the sad thing about it is there are thousands of small pseudo-Christian groups like YMBBA all over the US. Texas draws more than its share because it is located in the Bible belt.

My husband and I co-facilitate a support group for former members of cultic/spiritually abusive groups. It meets monthly and there is no charge to come.

Posted by: jasmine ()
Date: August 17, 2012 11:24AM

I agree, they use fear to control them. Its very sad. They won't listen to anything, not even scriptures coming from us.

Posted by: jasmine ()
Date: August 17, 2012 11:27AM

Hi Fla1974, I agree with Sue, don't go to the wedding. And do get in a bible believing church and saturate yourself with the word of God. We will be praying for your friend.

Posted by: chris99 ()
Date: August 18, 2012 07:54AM

Apparently, I am demonic for talkin and sharing what I know on this forum! I have heard it more than once that I talked about them like they were dogs!!!!!!!

So, YMBBA - please don't approach me with any accusations or questions. You just think you don't like me now!
As far as, your ways/beliefs - as long as you are doing nothing wrong then why would you have anything to hide? Why cut relations w/ families? That's right when you join the group you get a new family - brothers and sisters.......

My heart goes out to all parties involved! I am not judging anyone - I have just spoken the truth - shame on me right?

Forum members/Friends: I have been quite here lately! As not to upset the group anymore than I have! But, they need to get over it and realize how much you all love and miss them!!!!

Current Page: 24 of 49

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.