Current Page: 16 of 115
Re: "Jesus Christians," "Australian cult," Dave McKay (thread 2)
Date: August 15, 2011 12:48PM

The corruption begins not with the acquisition of power but with the quest for and claim to absolute power.

How very true!

Some brilliant analysis there, Stoic....thank you for the link!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Apollo ()
Date: August 15, 2011 10:30PM

[jesuschristians.net]

Here's an interesting thread from the old JCs forum.

I haven't had a chance to fully read it yet but it includes Kevin, Xenophone and Apostate who all challenge McKay (former ''Shepherd'' of the notorious ''Children of God'') and his victims/followers.

Date: August 15, 2011 10:32PM

I see the racist thug is trying to preach to Malcolm! PMSL

Date: August 15, 2011 10:38PM

Here's an interesing exchange at the beginning of that thread.

Ross
Posted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 12:32 pm Post subject: Why are there more men then women in the JC's
"Also a large number of our women members came from 3rd world countries. I suggest this happened because joining us represented a step up materially. Most of these women dropped out spiritually later and took their western husbands with them as they became tempted by western standards of wealth and comfort."

Kevin
Hi Ross

I married one of those 3rd world women you mentioned.

The community brought Liz to Australia when she was 12 and I would suggest she had very little knowledge or expectation that could be so cynically calculating as you describe. Its true her family was told she would be attending an Australian school, but this did not happen. Liz was sent out doney distributing (giving people literature and asking for money) on her first day in Australia.

Upon returning to India Liz cleaned public toilets in her village, which the caste system renders as socially taboo and which represents a huge step down (not a “step up”) for any Indian. Liz was always a hard worker and conscientious contributor within the community. She was a diligent housekeeper, great cook, (Dave asked her to forsake this responsibility once because she was getting too many compliments!). Despite her short stature (4 foot 9 ") she was a high achiever in the daily runs posting a PB of 15:59 for 4 km's and completed a half marathon without training for it. A discipline she continues to this day.

After we got married Liz' interest in returning to work in India was the big reason why we began working in Madras – she speaks the language. She and I lived in a slum for almost five years where Liz cleaned toilets, initiated the ‘bandaid clinic’, that later became a community Health Centre, and was the translator for every Western male that worked there, which placed her in the front line of many confrontational and difficult situations.

Its true she suffered a major burn-out that forced her to return to Australia where she was still expected to maintain distributing/doney quotas, to look after domestic needs of the community, and continually be challenged to work harder and be happier while doing it. After 11 years service within the JC's she left, feeling disillusioned, like a failure and that her efforts were never good enough.

Then, while I was working on healing our fragile relationship, Dave asked me to invite Liz to visit the community on the assurance she would be respected as my guest. She reluctantly obliged. After a lengthy meeting in which I strongly opposed Dave's suggestion that the community confront and challenge Liz, the community usurped my authority as her husband, locked the doors and herded Liz into the centre of the group where she withstood a series of accusations, told she was in rebellion and going to hell. When she made a move to leave the circle Dave grabbed her, lifted her off the ground, and shook her, putting his face in hers and telling her “Some things happen whether you like it or not”.

Liz fled and it took another few months for me to restore my relationship with her and to convince her to return to the community house as a paying guest where she was allowed to cohabitate with me on the terms of an "unbelieving spouse" as defined in I Cor 7. Even so, I was privately challenged by Robin and Christine to put away my ‘disobedient wife’, which was then modified to impose community demands on her such that she would either rejoin or leave. I opposed this idea as contradicting the "command from the Lord" given in I Cor 7:10-14. I was also strongly advised against allowing Liz to have a baby.

Ross, you know that Liz did not 'take' me away from the community, because you co-authored a letter after a closed meeting in India decided that I was responsible for the slow growth of the community (I notice the numbers are still about the same) and "like Jonah" I needed to be "tossed over board so that others may be saved". (Incidentally, I was never offered an opportunity to see what was being said about me or offer a defence, which was in contravention of standing policies regarding the grievance system, but that is another issue.)

I would suggest that the JC’s have more men than women because you perceive feminine needs as weaknesses to overcome rather than support within a wholistic, healthy community. Men’s need for sex has been incorporated into a doctrine of masturbation, an issue you proudly proclaim. And yet a woman’s biological need to procreate and to nurture is not and at the time of the Virgin Army article was practically forbidden.

I Corinthians 7 instructs husbands and wives not to withholding their bodies from each other and to satisfy each other’s needs. This was written at a time before contraception and would naturally involve making children. Jesus told his disciples not to forbid the children coming unto him. Cherry (my mother), if you are reading this, don’t let the JC’s forbid you from visiting your children and grandchildren either.

Date: August 15, 2011 10:44PM

When she made a move to leave the circle Dave grabbed her, lifted her off the ground, and shook her, putting his face in hers and telling her “Some things happen whether you like it or not”.

Violence towards women, appalling, just appalling. I wonder if Cherry has received similar treatment?

Please remember Liz was about 23 at the time and Dave would have been around 50. Could you imagine your 50 year old father manhandling your 23 year old girlfriend?!!!

So not only does he use his experience and superior knowledge to manipulate kids, he also uses his superior physical strength and stature to overpower those weaker than him, disgusting.

This is a very dangeorus man we're dealing with.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 08/15/2011 10:59PM by Apollo.

Date: August 15, 2011 10:59PM

Thank you Apollo....

What a joke, their (Rob, Fran, Chris, Casey et al) cocksure defence of David is upon them all....if you were to say at the time, in less than four years time, McKay will betray you and your entire little cult will implode around you.....how contemptuously they would have laughed at the very idea....

Very much now, it looks like, a case of he who "He who laughs last.....

I must say that I lose any sympathy for the lot of them reading this spiteful little exchange of their hateful fabrications...against Kevin and Liz.

they deserve the misery of watching their fantasy world, dissolve before them and the ridicule of having "brown nosed" McKay down the years

Date: August 15, 2011 11:01PM

When she made a move to leave the circle Dave grabbed her, lifted her off the ground, and shook her, putting his face in hers and telling her “Some things happen whether you like it or not.

MY GOD.....I'd love to do that to McKay....I'd shake the God forsaken curse until his teeth fell out!

Date: August 15, 2011 11:05PM

He's ""dangerous" when he has numbers backing him facing a single female in a locked room......I would LOVE him to be similarly "dangerous" towards me one day.....( an "offer" I graciously extend to the rest of the JesusChristians present at the time Liz was assaulted....)

Date: August 15, 2011 11:18PM

My thoughts are with Liz at this time. That poor girl must have been put through hell. Brought to Australia under the pretence that she would be attending school, only to find herself trawling the streets from the age of 12, selling McKay's books. That was no life for a 12 year old girl.

Posted by: zeuszor ()
Date: August 16, 2011 12:45AM

Malcolm Wesley WREST
...they deserve the misery of watching their fantasy world, dissolve before them and the ridicule of having "brown nosed" McKay down the years

I don't feel so sorry for 'em either, for the most part, anybody who is still positively associated with Dave and Cherry and their group. Anybody who after all this time still cannot see through DM, must be a jerk too.

Amused: please give me one good reason as to why I should care one iota about what your opinion of me is. You could be Dave himself, for all I know.

Whoever this is, must be named McKay. They all seem to have this pathological need for attention, the extended McKay family. Must be in their DNA or something.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/16/2011 12:46AM by zeuszor.

Current Page: 16 of 115

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.