Current Page: 12 of 115
Re: "Jesus Christians," "Australian cult," Dave McKay (thread 2)
Posted by: zeuszor ()
Date: August 14, 2011 08:41AM

Malcolm Wesley WREST
Thank you for the melody there, Stoic....(and the message in the lyrics!)

McKay's physical location, I see to be a little irrelevant....(he could be "bedded down" in a morgue for all I care).... the end of his reign (no further recruitment and successive departures of those in his "flock)....I'd call a victory!

The other "lowlifes" that Zeuszor has listed.....

I'd be interested to know what exactly initially brought them "success" and what eventually took it "away"!

That would be a telling comparison.....

Roberts and Anthony are both quite old now, and are sickly.

I know exactly where Ole Anthony lives; I used to live right next door to him in fact off of Columbia Ave. in Dallas. He's old and chronically pain-ridden from being severely electrocuted years ago. He's not hiding from anybody.

Roberts on the other hand is perpeptually in hiding and has not been sighted in more than ten years, almost fifteen actually. Not a single confirmed sighting. The only way that we know that Roberts is alive is through the witness of recent ex-members.

The Roberts group are dwindling in number and have not recruited anybody in some time, seven or eight years I think. They're down to about forty or less.

Golwalla was criminally prosecuted and put under house arrest in Maryland (or maybe he's gone back to Pakistan by now) and Virgil Miller Newton was sued into virtual bankrupcy by some of his vidtims. Newton even looks like Dave McKay.

Newton helped run what amounted to an anti-drug pseudopsychotherapeutic cult in the '80s and '90s. Straight and KIDS were horrible.

Read the story of Straight, Inc. and KIDS. Read what Miller and Sembler had done. That stuff will make your hair turn grey.

[thestraights.com]

[millernewton.blogspot.com]

[digits.newsvine.com]

[en.wikipedia.org]

The McKays are in hiding as well, and I suspect that they are being sheltered somewhere by some sypathetic enabler. Maybe the Catholic Workers have given them a bed, for all I know, or something like that.

In short: Golwalla and Newton were both put out of business (so to speak) through the legal system.

Anthony and Roberts are free men, though are both old and sick.

Roberts is like a ghost and is careful, very careful to avoid attention. The polar opposite of DM, in that respect.

What will become of Dave and Cherry? We shall stay tuned to see.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/14/2011 08:51AM by zeuszor.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Stoic ()
Date: August 14, 2011 06:32PM

I had a read up on the Straight Inc etc, the whole Child Gulag story.

One thing that is clear is that these outfits did not stop when they were exposed as simple torture camps run by unqualified sadistic entrepreneurs. Some were closed one day only to open under a new name in the same premises the next. And clones were constantly springing up as ex-'staffers' saw the economic opportunity in parents keen to lock their kids up and subject them to a brutal regime, in the name of 'curing' them of spurious ailments which were often no more than the usual teenage experimentation and rebellion.
The parents were manipulated through fear also in the advertising of the horrors of drugs that these gulags promoted.
Drug addiction itself is a problem, but it is generally a response to a deeper problem in the individual--a lack of something far more fundamental to a person.

Similarly, the bosses at the top are rarely brought to account, since they have been allowed to operate in the first place through graft with local politicians who were keen to chuck money at these outfits in exchange for 'dealing' with the intractable problem of kids who are constantly exhorted to be avid and dutiful consumers and yet can see no purpose to life in a society that seems designed to punish and exploit at every turn.
Straight Inc has morphed into the 'Drug Free America Foundation' run now by Sembler's wife.

[en.wikipedia.org]

How does this relate to McKay?

He doesn't need to hide, except from his critics--the graduates are right about that. He just needs to keep a lower profile, off the internet, for a while and he joins the ranks of Roberts and Anthony, free men who are staying under the radar for now.

His business model, which is fundamentally human exploitation, barely raises an eyebrow amongst the policy makers it is so common and when profitable, championed and used as a source of funding and support by those same policy makers.

McKay lacks the political clout of some of the bigger outfits, but I doubt he feels the need to hide in such a vast continent as Australia. He is just off-line because he is repeatedly shown up as the conman he is there.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 08/14/2011 07:01PM by Stoic.

Date: August 14, 2011 06:51PM

Tracking him down to a particular location will solve nothing. He is unlikely to ever face legal proceedings in a courtroom unless one of the ex's or 'graduates' can bring a civil suit against him.

And anyone personally harassing him in his particular location is likely to be subject to charges of stalking etc. themselves.

What we can do is keep up his profile as a sadistic exploiter and keep the information on his methods available to any future prospects he and his 'graduates' might snag.

I really do appreciate the work that this board does in that respect.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/14/2011 06:53PM by Stoic.

Date: August 14, 2011 07:32PM

In relation to McKay keeping a "low profile"....six foot under, would personally suit me....

....however I'd otherwise agree with you Stoic that this sadistic exploiter is primarily off-line, because he is so readily shown up to be the fraud that he is!

Accomplice Zoe's efforts in initiating the thread, only served to discredit him, the more McKay "involved" himself...

(still....it'd be nice that ill health is also limiting the time he spends, pedddling his wares.....)

By the way, who did we suspect "Amused" was?

Date: August 14, 2011 07:56PM

Yeah, when I get word that DM is dead then I will stop what I am doing and say a prayer of thanks to God. Then I will go home right away and have adrink taosting his departure.

I admit it, that will be a happy day for me. But I also realize that there are plenty more narcissistic monsters left in the world. He's not unique in that respect.

No more Joes no more Trevors. That's all I really want to see happen.

Just as long as they cannot and do not entice any more children, then my work is done.

Amused I have no idea about.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/14/2011 07:57PM by zeuszor.

Date: August 14, 2011 08:15PM

I spent most of yesterday afternoon with a small group of Quakers and Catholic Workers that I met at a peace vigil in Cambridge, near Harvard Square. Very pleasant and hospitable people, they were; they make for much nicer company then the JCs, in my experience. I just ran into these people downtown and ended up spending most of the afternoon on a picnic with them. The graduates could do much better than to be lugging around boxes of old copies of Survivors all summer long. Sad.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/14/2011 08:24PM by zeuszor.

Posted by: Apollo ()
Date: August 14, 2011 10:53PM

Malcolm Wesley WREST
By the way, who did we suspect "Amused" was?

If you're talking about Amused who posts on the xjcs then it's someone who has huge issues with zeuszor. Amused continually accused me of being zeuszor and was quite obsessive about it. Almost immediately after one of our more public exchanges Nick removed my password. The tatooed thug claims it's Nick, I really don't know.

Date: August 14, 2011 11:02PM

six foot under, would personally suit me

Yes, I could dance a jig that day too.

I thought Amused was Kevin for a while but then decided not, for some reason. I really don't care who it is, TBH.

Your inbox is full, Malcolm.

Date: August 14, 2011 11:09PM

(Oh God....I hope it's not Nick...I usually am rather abrasive in response to Amused's postings....Nick has contributed a great deal in my opinion to the unravelling of the McKay empire....I thought it might have been one of the "graduates"...Fran or Alf, say, in increasingly desperate denial)

The other "dead ringer" for McKay in my opinion was Rael (remember him?).......perhaps there is some truth to "Phrenology" then, that these idiots all start to look so much the same...as their sick and twisted minds begin to impact upon their very features, with the passage of time.

[www.phrenology.org]

Posted by: Apollo ()
Date: August 14, 2011 11:11PM

Stoic
I thought Amused was Kevin for a while.

I think you may have been right. That would make sense.

Current Page: 12 of 115

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.