Re: "Jesus Christians," Dave McKay, the "Truth Believers", "cult"
Posted by: zeuszor ()
Date: September 14, 2012 03:05AM

Apollo
Apollo
http://www.jesuschristians.com/cgi-sys/suspendedpage.cgi

This Account Has Been Suspended

Hmmmmm, could this be due to an impending investigation into Mr McKay's affairs?

The Jesus Christians cult recruitment site has reopened!

Aww, you went and got my hopes up.

Oh well, at least it heartens me to know that the McKays are living out there in hiding someplace, and in a state of ignominy and fear. That the JCs as we knew them, are no more.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Apollo ()
Date: September 15, 2012 01:37PM

If anyone wants a good laugh i'd recommend reading the Jesus Christians forum/cult recruitment site. Honestly, it's an absolute hoot!

The paranoid old git now spends his days ranting at the few posters who bother to visit his forum, before banning them. He continually repeats this process.

In recent times we've had ''Enow'', who challenged McKay's interpretation of the bible, before being quickly banned. Then we had a poster who McKay believed was Zeuszor using a UK IP address. I'm sure Brian will be delighted to hear he's still in Dave's thoughts. That poster lasted a whole two days before being banned. Now we have ''Cross Reach'' who is the latest to feel the wrath of Dave. He's managed to last longer than most, possibly because McKay saw an opportunity to recruit, however I suspect the ban hammer will be coming his way shortly. They have been having cosy private chats apparently but Dave is now convinced he's a Rick Ross special agent who is over to cause division.

Here's McKay's last post to Cross Reach aka Irish Dave:

Dave

13/09/2012 17:15

Hi, Irish Dave. It's 3am here in Oz. I actually got up to delete my earlier post, but you had already seen it and replied.

I don't want to get into tit for tat with you. But I think that it is also necessary to "mark" you as a deceiver. I feel your only reason for being here is to see if you can cause division. There is just so much insincerity coming through in your supposed support for the teachings of Jesus, not to mention a religious spirit that argues interminably about almost anything.

You have privately told me that you have never been so mistreated on any other web site, and yet you continue to come back for more. I personally think, Dave, that you have run into communication problems in more places than just here... possibly even at the Rick Ross hate site, where sooner or later almost everyone gets banned. 

You have previously mentioned your links with Mennonites, but I wonder if you are even in their good books. Could it be that you are a malcontent, who picks arguments wherever you go? Just wondering.

Here we have McKay accusing Cross Reach of picking arguments wherever he goes. You really couldn't make it up. Oh, the irony.....

Malcolm has often spoken positively about an enthusiastic and vibrant young Dave McKay but what we see today is a bitter, twisted and paranoid old man.

No doubt we have Peter to thank for McKay's resent forum antics. He still hasn't got over that embarrassing episode and his guard is now permanently up. God Bless You Peter, wherever you are!

Glen has also reappeared on the forum/cult recruitment site and he continues to brown nose his leader at every opportunity.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/15/2012 01:40PM by Apollo.

Date: September 15, 2012 05:50PM

Apollo
Here's McKay's last post to Cross Reach aka Irish Dave:

Dave

13/09/2012 17:15

Hi, Irish Dave. It's 3am here in Oz. I actually got up to delete my earlier post, but you had already seen it and replied.

I don't want to get into tit for tat with you. But I think that it is also necessary to "mark" you as a deceiver. I feel your only reason for being here is to see if you can cause division. There is just so much insincerity coming through in your supposed support for the teachings of Jesus, not to mention a religious spirit that argues interminably about almost anything.

You have privately told me that you have never been so mistreated on any other web site, and yet you continue to come back for more. I personally think, Dave, that you have run into communication problems in more places than just here... possibly even at the Rick Ross hate site, where sooner or later almost everyone gets banned. 

You have previously mentioned your links with Mennonites, but I wonder if you are even in their good books. Could it be that you are a malcontent, who picks arguments wherever you go? Just wondering.

Here we have McKay accusing Cross Reach of picking arguments wherever he goes. You really couldn't make it up. Oh, the irony.....

Here's another of McKay's posts from earlier in that same thread:

Dave

13/09/2012 10:22

It seems that, at some point Cross Reach ("Irish Dave") became convinced that he had been banned over here, and went to the hate sites to form some kind of an alliance with his presumed brother in Christ, Rick Ross. Amongst other things, he spilled the beans about us being located in France! rotfl

I know that the Internet can be a real jungle at times (Witness our own going off line recently, due to a glitch with our service provider.) but the truth is that Irish Dave has not been banned. However, he has shown himself to be yet another deceiver pretending to believe the teachings of Jesus when it's really his own teachings that he promotes over those of the Son of God.

Anyway, if we all stay real quiet, maybe he will continue to think that he has been banned. loil

This line really stood out for me. This is classic projection.

He's almost become a parody of himself the old fool!

Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: September 15, 2012 08:50PM

Has Joe Johnson returned to his family in California?

Date: September 15, 2012 09:05PM

I haven't heard anything.

Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: September 15, 2012 09:07PM

It would be nice to learn that Joe Johnson was reunited with his family.

If Dave McKay is really over then isn't Johnson back in California?

Date: September 15, 2012 09:55PM

Is he really ''over'' though? I'm not so sure.

It seems he's in semi-retirement. He's taken a back seat, due to his age and health, but he still has a level of control over his flock. I suspect Joe and Alf are the day to day leaders, with McKay still pulling the strings in the background. They'll probably go to him regarding any major decisions. The Truth Believers and Living Without Money groups are just rebranded versions of the Jesus Christians. I don't believe much has changed. It's still the same people, selling the same literature and promoting the same videos.

Date: September 15, 2012 11:32PM

rrmoderator
Has Joe Johnson returned to his family in California?

No, he has not.

Date: September 15, 2012 11:39PM

Apollo
I suspect Joe and Alf are the day to day leaders, with McKay still pulling the strings in the background. They'll probably go to him regarding any major decisions. The Truth Believers and Living Without Money groups are just rebranded versions of the Jesus Christians. I don't believe much has changed. It's still the same people, selling the same literature and promoting the same videos.

Bingo. Pretty much, Apollo.

Posted by: Adrian ()
Date: September 21, 2012 01:16PM

It is my understanding that Joe Johnson hasn't seen his parents since the restraining order attempts against them. He's been trapped in the cult for years, since he was a teenager.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.