Current Page: 91 of 115
Re: "Jesus Christians," Dave McKay, the "Truth Believers", "cult"
Posted by: yasmin ()
Date: March 11, 2012 11:57PM

Here we go again.Are you seriously talking about sending out members/ex members and concerned families personal details, bank accounts, social security numbers etc AGAIN to a bunch of perfect strangers?
Considering the massive invasion of privacy involved, not really surprising that for the most part no ex member ( with the exception of Malcolm) ever posts here or on the web any more.
Also, you might want to check into the law about desseminating that type of info in various countries. Would you be liable if identity theft occurs?
And of course from Zeuszors point of view, you might want to look at the ethical standards/releases etc required for research.Academics get respect because they are expected to hold to an ethical standard in what they do.
'If you guys are talking however about some type of redacted version, then my apologies.
Otherwise my guess is that most universities would be horrified to receive info that is obviously a blatant invasion of peoples privacy.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/12/2012 12:07AM by yasmin.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Apollo ()
Date: March 12, 2012 12:06AM

Do you ever have anything positive to say, Yasmin?

You only seem to appear when you feel like having a go at zeuszor.

Yasmin, why are you here?

Posted by: zeuszor ()
Date: March 12, 2012 01:50AM

Besides, ysmin, have you ever seen that thing for yourself? So I had Dave McKay's address and bank account number(s). So what? We're talking about a criminal madman here.

Posted by: yasmin ()
Date: March 12, 2012 08:17AM

Apollo: previously asked and answered.
I'm not the topic, so lets get back on topic.

Date: March 12, 2012 08:16PM

Zeuszor is not the topic either. Trying to hold him responsible for the absence of ex members is totally unwarranted. I would seriously question what your agenda actually is. Very rarely are YOU on topic.

The dossier is a terrific source of information and will be sent to various Universities in the Republic of Ireland and Northern Ireland. I'm terribly sorry if you have a problem with that but frankly it's none of your business.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/12/2012 08:18PM by Apollo.

Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: March 12, 2012 11:09PM

Again, please avoid personal attacks and stay on topic.

Posted by: Mark Scheiderer ()
Date: March 13, 2012 05:55AM

There are about 937 pages of discussion on the JC's , in about 5-6 threads, in this section of the discussion boards. There are about 20 people in this group.
Why has so much time been spent on this topic in the past 6-7 years?
I'm NOT saying not to talk about this cult, but why such HUGE amount of discussion on some puny cult that virtually no one has heard of and that seems to have such a small amount of impact/influence on society?

Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: March 13, 2012 07:15AM

Mark Scheiderer:

This is a public board and people here discuss various related topics of interest.

This "puny cult" has profoundly hurt many people.

The families in pain and suffering certainly don't see the group as "a small amount of impact..."

But of course if you don't wish to discuss the group that's your choice.

Date: March 13, 2012 07:49PM

Although they're a relatively small cult they cause a huge amount of damage to individual families and communities. They exert a great deal of control over their members. Anyone joining the cult is expected to hand over their life savings and cut out almost all contact with family and friends.

They also have a very dark past (and present?) involving child abuse. Cult founder Dave McKay has a very soft approach towards paedophilia and has strongly campaigned for paedophile's to receive softer punishments.

Over 25 children have been abused by people working for the Jesus Christians and it is believed they currently have a paedophile in their ranks who is working closely with vulnerable children in Africa.

Date: March 13, 2012 08:06PM

Part of the reason why their numbers have remained so low is because of the information available on this website. When you Google Jesus Christians their info section from this website appears on the very first page. And that is probably why they've had to go to the trouble of rebranding the cult. McKay wants to whitewash their appalling history.

Current Page: 91 of 115

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.