Current Page: 79 of 115
Re: "Jesus Christians," "Australian cult," Dave McKay (thread 2)
Posted by: Adrian ()
Date: December 26, 2011 12:19PM

Merry Christmas everyone and have a bright and prosperous new year. Spread the joy to the world.

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: December 30, 2011 11:15PM

...and Seasons' Greetings to you and those you love, as well Adrian!

I remain as ever, unfortunately, sadly convinced that almost every word that McKay wrote in criticism of the mainstream churches, is regrettably true...

...if only the "Apostle" had managed to prevent himself from becoming even worse, the shifting sands upon which his house of cards, now lies strewn to the four winds...might have held firm..

..all that is temporarily left is cynicism(realism?), until the God of Abraham, Issac and Jacob chooses to better reveal himself to those whose souls are still clothed in the restrictive garbs of flesh and blood...

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: Stoic ()
Date: December 31, 2011 03:18AM

Nice tune, Malcolm, but according to wikipedia (that constantly evolving encyclopedia) Keith has 'gone to be with Jesus' himself, which put paid to his LDM.

[en.wikipedia.org]

Its a pertinent story for the venue-- but who knows the truth of it? Not me for sure.

Do you know if he was a more 'benevolent' Apostle than the Wanker or do you think all wankers are just that, wanking in the dark?

Posted by: Adrian ()
Date: December 31, 2011 01:32PM

Seasons Greetings to you and your loved ones Malcolm. Yes, it seems the old goat took his critical eye and became much worse than the churches he has grown to despise. Just imagine all the years wasted on such foolishness. He could have been a great pastor but he twisted the word to suit his own fantasy. He has no one to blame for his choices.

Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: December 31, 2011 09:41PM

The topic of this thread is "Jesus Christians" led by Dave McKay.

Please stay on topic.

Posted by: zeuszor ()
Date: January 01, 2012 11:53PM

Speaking of Dave McKay:

There are a very few people who I can think of, of whom I can honestly say that I will be glad to hear of their death.

Yes: when I finally get the news that Dave McKay is dead, then that news will make me happy. For me, it will be something to celebrate.

It is my sincere hope that Dave McKay (notwithstanding some literal miracle of God taking place that will redeem his soul, if he has one) dies alone, sickly, and in obscure ignominy.

May 2012 be the year of his permanent dispatch.

Posted by: Apollo ()
Date: January 03, 2012 03:53PM

I don't think there will be too many tears shed when Mr McKay departs. The same could possibly be said for his consort who has supported him throughout the madness. Perhaps there was a time when she too could be considered a victim however she became his lieutenant long ago.

Mr McKay's departure would signify a new beginning for many. I suspect deep down his present victims/followers may even breathe a huge sigh of relief.

Posted by: Apollo ()
Date: January 03, 2012 04:15PM

Happy New Year to all!

Here's a wee video for old time sake.

[www.youtube.com]

Go to 01:40 to see Mr McKay throw a tantrum and shamelessly storm off stage.

Posted by: Razaz ()
Date: January 04, 2012 05:48AM

Does anyone know anything about A.J. Miller of www.divinetruth.com? I know quite a few people who have joined his Cult which is near Kingaroy in Queensland, Australia. Apparently he believes he is the only authentic reincarnation of Jesus Christ on earth and his current partner is Mary Madgelene.

Date: January 04, 2012 11:25AM

No, I'm sorry Razaz, I'm not familiar with Mr Miller....have you tried CIFS in Brisbane? (David McKay tried to infiltrate one of their meetings and then inexplicably got a "bee in his bonnet" over a certain David Lowe......who imagined was behind all his opponents...never managed to work out the reasoning here....however, I guess that "reasoning" goes by the by....once you're insane enough)...I have a contact point if you require one.

Yes, McKay could have been a "regular" pastor Adrian (in a Catholic Worker community perhas...any other mainstream church setting might have proved a little short-lived).....the ability was there....it would only have involved saying "no" to his own self importance....the "dark side" won that battle however....the move to "normality" would have needed to occur in the late 70's or early 80's I think....beyond that point it was "too late".....

Keith Green was popular when I was in the "Christians", Stoic (as the "JesusChristians" described themselves then)...and many of his standards, were "adopted" by the "Christians" in their own performances or recordings of the time....that melody has particular resonance for my vintage...that Keith Green may have passed on would have no relevance to my mind, about the quality of his material....

....although interestingly once, McKay passes on....I would like to see much of the THEORY on the JC website somehow remain in currency....if you weren't to know how miserable the PRACTISE was....a lot of what McKay states (should I say "borrows" from others) is still valid....the "quality" of his writings will improve with time, once the pitiful example of how he actually lived out the theory is buried and forgotten.

Current Page: 79 of 115

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.