Current Page: 50 of 115
Re: "Jesus Christians," "Australian cult," Dave McKay (thread 2)
Posted by: Apollo ()
Date: September 07, 2011 08:40AM

Here's one for Apollo. Donovan is Scottish, you know.

So thoughtful of you, zeuszor. Thank you!

Do you have a link to the ex-Family forum which Dave used to troll? That would be an interesting read I imagine!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: zeuszor ()
Date: September 07, 2011 06:49PM

You're welcome, Apollo. My pleasure.

No, I don't have a direct link to that forum, but I reckon it's easy enough to find.

Date: September 07, 2011 09:22PM

I remember meeting "Happy" (one of McKay's erstwhile colleagues in the COG....I don't know where they were both mutually based, once upon a time)during my years of servitude....who, despite McKay's efforts never committed to the JesusChristians....all of them(former COG's) knew exactly where David was coming from...and could see right through him.....I cannot think of a single former COG member who has ever became involved with the JC's....

....as Zeuszor has pointed out, McKay has never publicly condemned the COG's as a cult (for fear of alienating a potential source of recruits for him), and of course we know now that David had no objection to flirty fishing at the time it was introduced...only his wife's refusal to have herself and her children prostituted for the "cause" brought about David's reluctant "change of heart"......the man always was a complete sham...those who knew him in those years, understood (just as David's mother stated about him) that he simply "farms" opportunities for self aggrandizement, where ever possible....

Date: September 07, 2011 09:31PM

The handful of ex-Family members who I personally know have either never heard of the McKays, or else have heard of them and think that Dave and his group are a joke. You should have seen the look on Kenaz' face when I mentioned the name of Dave McKay. Classic.

Date: September 07, 2011 11:33PM

Berg lived in seclusion, communicating with his followers and the public via nearly 3,000 "Mo Letters"[1] that he wrote on a wide variety of subjects. His writings were often extreme and uncompromising in their denunciation of evil, yet he always admonished the reader to "love the sinner but hate the sin". He espoused doctrines that some mainstream Christians denounce as heretical. However, his followers argue that his writings are permeated with a love of God.

[en.wikipedia.org]

Ahhhhhhhhh, so David Berg was the inspiration behind that one!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/07/2011 11:36PM by Apollo.

Date: September 08, 2011 04:02AM

Blackhat
For examples of Dave upsetting X-Family members by downplaying the crimes of the COG, go to

[www.newdaynews.com]

and use the search facility in the left hand tool-bar to search Dave McKay.

The site doesn't give url's for search results, and I don't want to clog up this thread with large extracts (Mo's letters were enough!) but they all make for interesting reading.

Thank you, Blackhat!

Date: September 08, 2011 04:04AM

[www.newdaynews.com]

Dave and Cherry's trolling can be located here. I've not had a chance to go through it yet.

Date: September 08, 2011 07:23AM

[groups.able2know.org]

I've engaged in some online discussions with Dave McKay personally. He came to NDN a few years ago, and seemed to be trying to recruit some of our former cult members into his current cult.

I asked him point blank, in several messages if he had personally donated a kidney. He would never answer that question.

I also attemped to engage in a conversation with him regarding informed consent. The idea being that people in a cult may be in a compromised mental state, and perhaps it is unfair to try and influence them to give up an important part of their body.

Of course, none of this made any difference with Dave. The only thing I hope is that he was unsuccessful in his recruitment attempts at NDN.

URL: [groups.able2know.org]

[able2know.org]

Date: September 08, 2011 07:26AM

Apollo
Berg lived in seclusion, communicating with his followers and the public via nearly 3,000 "Mo Letters"[1] that he wrote on a wide variety of subjects. His writings were often extreme and uncompromising in their denunciation of evil, yet he always admonished the reader to "love the sinner but hate the sin". He espoused doctrines that some mainstream Christians denounce as heretical. However, his followers argue that his writings are permeated with a love of God.

[en.wikipedia.org]

Ahhhhhhhhh, so David Berg was the inspiration behind that one!

I have no love for either David Berg or Dave McKay. I strongly dislike them both as individuals, as well as disliking their behavior. Zerby and Kelly get no love from me, either. I spit on all of them.

David Berg was a drunken sex-maniac religious fanatic and is responsible for immense pain and suffering on the part of his many, many victims.

To me, it's just this black-and-white: these are some bad people. I do not feel like I have to try and love them. And I do not feel like a hypocrite as a Christian in expressing this, either.

If this means that I "hate" them, then so be it.

Berg and McKay: both are monsters, in my opinion, with no good in them. Irredeemably evil people. I don't know how to put any finer a point on it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/08/2011 07:31AM by zeuszor.

Date: September 08, 2011 08:10AM

Why did New Day Ministries bring the web site to a close?

(A little "spooky" that they both opened and closed the site on McKay's birthday....Satan's humour?..... paying homage to one of his miserable servants?)

Current Page: 50 of 115

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.