Current Page: 49 of 115
Re: "Jesus Christians," "Australian cult," Dave McKay (thread 2)
Posted by: zeuszor ()
Date: September 05, 2011 05:15AM

Anybody else got some more good music for the McKays tonight?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/05/2011 05:15AM by zeuszor.

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: September 05, 2011 07:54PM

I imagine that I've posted this previously.....however let me boorishly re-post, this, far and away, my favourite Pink Floyd number....David being a lot closer to death now, than when I knew him....the superficial arrogance he persists in, some what reflected in the transparent flippancy of the opening remarks here....sharply contrasting I think, with the inescapably whimsical kismet of the vocals.....

[www.youtube.com]

Date: September 05, 2011 08:09PM

Harping on a theme....another number that I've always loved.....perhaps it should be devoted to those partners who have had a loved one in the JC's, with maniacal McKay both overtly and covertly, doing his damn best to destroy the relationship in order that he can retain possession of at least, the remaining soul in his psychotic grasp.....and yet.... the couple have conquered the Satanic insinuations of "betraying God" that McKay despicably castigated them with...("K"s wife comes to mind, among others.... )

[www.youtube.com]

Date: September 05, 2011 08:11PM

How very apropos, Malcolm. Thank you.

It's early morning where I am, and it's good to wake up with Pink Floyd while drinking my tea, before I get to work.

"And I am not frightened of dying, any time will do, I
Don't mind. Why should I be frightened of dying?
There's no reason for it, you've gotta go sometime."
"I never said I was frightened of dying."

I like playing music for Dave McKay, the man who cannot feel or experience good music like the typical person can. Dave has in the past stated that he just doesn't "get" music and poetry.

You know what time it is, Mal.

[www.youtube.com]

People runnin' everywhere
Don't know where to go
Don't know where I am
Can't see past the next step
Don't have time to think past the last mile
Have no time to look around
Just run around, run around and think why
Does anybody really know what time it is
Does anybody really care
If so I can't imagine why
We've all got time enough to die

Date: September 05, 2011 08:47PM

...No! What time is it?....it's 9:45 p.m. here....

Do you remember this lyrical little number? A prayerful recreation of the spiritual zeitgeist of another era, altogether, I always thought....far, far removed from the barren cynicism of this day and age......and the snivelling opportunism of McKay and his ilk

(It may "predate" you....although of course it doesn't pre-date me, at all!!!)

[www.youtube.com]

Date: September 05, 2011 09:35PM

It's time for that emu to make another appearance, that's what time it is.

My parents are big Neil Diamond fans, but not me. Good song though.

"Easy To Be Hard" was originally written for the musical Hair, another (in my opinion) "prayerful recreation of the spiritual zeitgeist of another era" and one in which the McKays seem to be in a sense stuck.

The sixties and seventies are long over, David. Your movement has escaped you.

Even the Family knows you are a joke. I have in the past met an ex-member of the Family who burst out laughing at the mention of your name, you fool.

Here's another snappy number from Hair, Dave. Maybe it's ll remind you of the old days.

When the moon is in the Seventh House
And Jupiter aligns with Mars
Then peace will guide the planets
And love will steer the stars

This is the dawning of the Age of Aquarius
The Age of Aquarius
Aquarius! Aquarius!

[www.youtube.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/05/2011 09:39PM by zeuszor.

Date: September 06, 2011 03:14AM

zeuszor
"Easy To Be Hard" was originally written for the musical Hair, another (in my opinion) "prayerful recreation of the spiritual zeitgeist of another era" and one in which the McKays seem to be in a sense stuck.

The sixties and seventies are long over, David. Your movement has escaped you.

Yeah, the bygone days of DM's half-baked fantasies of fame and "revolution" are long gone, but the music of that era is immortal. IMO some of the best music ever recorded was produced in the '60s and '70s. May I come along?

Would you like to come along? She asked me
Yes take me along right now
Hey baby, can I step into your world for a while?

Yes you can, she said
Come on back with me for a while
We're gonna go across the Jupiter sand and see all you people one by one
We gotta help you people out right now
That's why I'm doing it all about

Hey! Yeah, may I come along?
May I come along?
May I come along?
Please take me

Yeah, I once met a man that was involved in the COG/Family for many years and we sat down for coffee and some discussion. I was asking him all about his time with the group, how he met them, how he eventually left, all that kind of thing. This was a couple of years ago.

At one point I asked him if he knew anything about a man named Dave McKay and he just started cracking up laughing. He knew the name right away. "What a clown McKay is!" he says with a grin.

He told me that McKay'd been on the periphery, trying to steal Family disciples for years and that he was never taken very seriously. He told me that a lot of people in ex-Family circles know his name and he was largely thought of as a joke, a "wannabe." Then I showed him the whipping trial video in order to explain that McKay is actually a serious problem, and that sobered him up.

I'd tell you this man's Bible (Family) name but need to get his permission first. But I am telling you, it's a true story.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/06/2011 03:15AM by zeuszor.

Date: September 06, 2011 10:12PM

This is a man you met in the States?....I'm surprised that they even know of McKay...

I otherwise heartily endorse their (and your) observations!

Date: September 06, 2011 10:42PM

In the States, yes. This man left them in the early '90s. Believe me, he knows of what (and whom) he spoke. ;-)

Here's one for Apollo. Donovan is Scottish, you know.

[www.youtube.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/06/2011 10:49PM by zeuszor.

Date: September 07, 2011 02:01AM

Malcolm Wesley WREST
This is a man you met in the States?....I'm surprised that they even know of McKay...

I otherwise heartily endorse their (and your) observations!

I got his permission.

He's a personal acquaintance of mine. We have a mutual friend, and I've been in his home. Nice man.

He wanted me to make it clear for all reading that he has never met nor had any personal interaction with DM, and that his sole knowledge of DM's activities comes from his past involvement in certain old ex-Family message boards that Dave used to troll, as well as from his own reading and research and my telling him about the JCs. I have to emphasize this point.

The Bible (Family) name if the man who started smirking and laughing when I mentioned the name of name of Dave McKay was Kenaz.

Current Page: 49 of 115

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.