Current Page: 11 of 115
Re: "Jesus Christians," "Australian cult," Dave McKay (thread 2)
Posted by: Stoic ()
Date: August 13, 2011 12:11AM

How do you know they are?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Apollo ()
Date: August 13, 2011 12:15AM

I think they're probably travelling around in their campervan. That would also explain why his online activities have reduced, he's no longer in some cushy flat with internet access.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/13/2011 12:15AM by Apollo.

Posted by: zeuszor ()
Date: August 13, 2011 02:46AM

Maybe so. Anything's possible, I guess.

Date: August 13, 2011 05:18AM

Now we know there's a good chance the Apostle is back on the road Australian high school's and universities must be extra vigilant.

Posted by: zeuszor ()
Date: August 13, 2011 09:31AM

Does anybody know where they are?

Date: August 13, 2011 03:27PM

Here's a song written during the Falklands War, (another Knopfler moment, for the wary):

[www.youtube.com]

Lyric:

[www.lyricsfreak.com]

Date: August 13, 2011 04:49PM

Thank you for the melody there, Stoic....(and the message in the lyrics!)

McKay's physical location, I see to be a little irrelevant....(he could be "bedded down" in a morgue for all I care).... the end of his reign (no further recruitment and successive departures of those in his "flock)....I'd call a victory!

The other "lowlifes" that Zeuszor has listed.....

I'd be interested to know what exactly initially brought them "success" and what eventually took it "away"!

That would be a telling comparison.....

Date: August 14, 2011 01:26AM

I think a quick rundown on the rise and fall of similar, to the Apostle, cult leaders, such as the one's mentioned by Zeuszor, might be helpful to see how these things tend to play out.

Date: August 14, 2011 03:56AM

Here's some European flavour, from an old rocker, to be going on with:

[www.youtube.com]

Date: August 14, 2011 04:59AM

zeuszor
Apollo
Apparently German ''cult busters'' have described the JCs as one of the most dangerous cults in the world today.

Which ones? What is the name of the organization or individual that made such a ridiculous claim? The source of that quote was from Dave himself, and is by its very nature spurious.

Apollo, you should know better than to take Dave's word for anything.

"One of the most dangerous cults in the world today"? That's a load of bull. I'd argue that the CO$ and the Moon organization are much, much more pernicious than piddling Dave and Cherry McKay.

The McKays are amateurs, make no mistake about it. Dangerous and evil people nonetheless, but in the world of cult leaders David McKay is a clown. He never was anywhere near Moon's caliber.

Hell, on March 23, 2004 Moon was crowned the "King of Peace" by two sitting Congressmen in a coronation ceremony held on Capitol Hill! This is the stuff of DM's narcissistic wet dreams!

You’d argue? It’s a bit of a silly argument then, zeuszor.

You’ve gone to the absolute extreme and highlighted two of the most high profile cults in the world who have both clearly caused more damage on a far greater scale than McKay’s COG offshoot, it’s so obvious though, hardly worth arguing about.

‘’Apparently’’ and ‘’one of’’ are the key words here. At no point have I claimed the JCs are THEE most dangerous cult in the world today.

There’s hundreds of cults out there who could be considered to be one of the most dangerous cults in the world. It’s all a matter of opinion though. At the end of the day a cult is a cult, they’re all dangerous, regardless of size. The JCs cause a huge amount of damage to individual lives and families. Just reading McKay’s propaganda could leave a person with long lasting damage and this a cult who have sold MILLIONS of books. You don’t need to join the JCs to become a victim of Dave McKay.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/14/2011 05:00AM by Apollo.

Current Page: 11 of 115

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.